Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > LG Optimus M

test: Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old August 9th, 2011, 04:00 PM   #51 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Florida
Gender: Male
Posts: 181
 
Device(s): LG Motion 4G
Carrier: MetroPCS

Thanks: 7
Thanked 15 Times in 11 Posts
Default

It doesn't work for me... it either stays at 0% or it says that the program has stopped working. I did everything twistedriku told us to do. I even reinstalled it 3 times and it still doesn't work. I tried to do it on my laptop but it won't work there either. Both my computers are running Windows 7 ultimate x86.

Advertisements
Ray305 is offline  
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old August 9th, 2011, 04:08 PM   #52 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 65
 
Device(s): LG Optimus M, Samsung Admire, Nexus 7
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 6
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by new optimus View Post
No it should take 10 mins or less.

try closing the program reopening it and doing it again. Make sure it looks like the pic before hitting the start button.
Yeah, did that. If there's supposed to be a progress bar or some indicator, I'm legitimately not getting it ._.
doctor_doctor is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old August 9th, 2011, 04:15 PM   #53 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Florida
Gender: Male
Posts: 181
 
Device(s): LG Motion 4G
Carrier: MetroPCS

Thanks: 7
Thanked 15 Times in 11 Posts
Default

to get the progress bar click on your device in the list after you click start.
Ray305 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old August 9th, 2011, 04:36 PM   #54 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 65
 
Device(s): LG Optimus M, Samsung Admire, Nexus 7
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 6
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

It seems to be stuck on 'sub progressing'
doctor_doctor is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old August 9th, 2011, 05:07 PM   #55 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Sterling Heights, MI
Posts: 220
 
Device(s): N/A
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 70
Thanked 31 Times in 27 Posts
Default

i'm in a weak signal area of the detroit area (in warren to be exact.) this area of the building i'm in is terrible on all providers. i am still only on 1x, but we'll see what happens when i venture out of here
allmanallpimp is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old August 13th, 2011, 11:50 AM   #56 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Sacramento, CA
Posts: 132
 
Device(s): LG Connect: Black Plague ROM OCd @ 1.4 LG Optimus M: Reppard CM7 ROM OCd @ 758
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 4
Thanked 21 Times in 15 Posts
Default Cyanogen?

Ok, got everything to work (updated prl no problems and such). My question is has anyone done this running Cyanogen 7 (the unofficial port by reppard). The reason I ask is because Im not sure if it should automatically switch to 3g, or if it has to be enabled in Cyanogen (or whatever OS your running). I.E. there is an option in the notifications bar options for a button for switching from 2g to 3g, which is still greyed out, whereas maybe other more factory OSs might not need to be manually switched. Now does this mean with Cyanogen its impossible to enable 3g or for it to automatically be enabled because its not programed in, or will it still work as intended. If anyone running CM7 has gotten 3g coverage I would love to know plz. Thank you
KA24DERACER is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old August 13th, 2011, 12:03 PM   #57 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
starstress's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Southside ATL, from New York
Posts: 614
 
Device(s): Samsung galaxy S3 -Rooted- No rom yet
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 155
Thanked 81 Times in 57 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KA24DERACER View Post
Ok, got everything to work (updated prl no problems and such). My question is has anyone done this running Cyanogen 7 (the unofficial port by reppard). The reason I ask is because Im not sure if it should automatically switch to 3g, or if it has to be enabled in Cyanogen (or whatever OS your running). I.E. there is an option in the notifications bar options for a button for switching from 2g to 3g, which is still greyed out, whereas maybe other more factory OSs might not need to be manually switched. Now does this mean with Cyanogen its impossible to enable 3g or for it to automatically be enabled because its not programed in, or will it still work as intended. If anyone running CM7 has gotten 3g coverage I would love to know plz. Thank you

There isn't a guarantee you'll get 3g by doing this. I don't think it matters what rom you have. It's about where you live.
__________________
*********************************************
HALA REAL MADRID!!!!

follow me on twitter @starstress
starstress is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old August 13th, 2011, 12:14 PM   #58 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Sacramento, CA
Posts: 132
 
Device(s): LG Connect: Black Plague ROM OCd @ 1.4 LG Optimus M: Reppard CM7 ROM OCd @ 758
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 4
Thanked 21 Times in 15 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by starstress View Post
There isn't a guarantee you'll get 3g by doing this. I don't think it matters what rom you have. It's about where you live.
Oh no I know that, but as of right now, I dont have 3g service (I live in Sacramento, CA btw which Im pretty sure someone said they got it here). And I have no idea whether its because of my area, or because somehow 3g is disabled completely on my ROM because say for instance the person who ported CM7 for this phone decided we didnt need it because Metro "doesnt have 3g" or some other reason like that. Just a confirmation of someone else with CM7 getting 3g would be great (and in Sac would be even better). Because if I have to choose between 3g and CM7 Im gonna go with 3g. But I dont want to go and try a bunch of roms just to try and get 3g working when it was where I live the whole time.
KA24DERACER is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old August 13th, 2011, 12:25 PM   #59 (permalink)
Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 449
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 10
Thanked 94 Times in 75 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KA24DERACER View Post
Oh no I know that, but as of right now, I dont have 3g service (I live in Sacramento, CA btw which Im pretty sure someone said they got it here). And I have no idea whether its because of my area, or because somehow 3g is disabled completely on my ROM because say for instance the person who ported CM7 for this phone decided we didnt need it because Metro "doesnt have 3g" or some other reason like that. Just a confirmation of someone else with CM7 getting 3g would be great (and in Sac would be even better). Because if I have to choose between 3g and CM7 Im gonna go with 3g. But I dont want to go and try a bunch of roms just to try and get 3g working when it was where I live the whole time.

You can always do a nandbackup right now then flash a new rom over quickly and see if it changes but I dont think the rom will change anything.
twistedriku is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old August 13th, 2011, 01:10 PM   #60 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 392
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 136
Thanked 29 Times in 26 Posts
Default

By doing this tutorial, will it reset my phone back to factory reset (erasing everything I have on it)?

And if I don't do this tutorial, is it a possibility that I'll eventually have 3G regardless?
Optimus_User is offline  
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old August 13th, 2011, 01:25 PM   #61 (permalink)
Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 449
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 10
Thanked 94 Times in 75 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Optimus_User View Post
By doing this tutorial, will it reset my phone back to factory reset (erasing everything I have on it)?

And if I don't do this tutorial, is it a possibility that I'll eventually have 3G regardless?

By doing this tutorial and following my instructions precisely you have no real risk. If you mess up, you can ruin your service but it is fixable at home. As for 3G I will requote my tutorial "I DO NOT GUARANTEE that you will get 3G" that applies to the present and future. (Maybe even past)
twistedriku is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to twistedriku For This Useful Post:
Optimus_User (August 13th, 2011)
Old August 13th, 2011, 02:11 PM   #62 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 392
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 136
Thanked 29 Times in 26 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by twistedriku View Post
(Maybe even past)
lol, Funny. Alright, I'll try it. Thanks for the expedient response.
Optimus_User is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old August 13th, 2011, 02:35 PM   #63 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 392
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 136
Thanked 29 Times in 26 Posts
Default

Err . .I installed the program, but I have some issues. . .

Occasionally it'll stop running: "This program has stopped working" message on Win7.
But, when it does work, in the box that shows MY details and numbers, it has another person's number and MEID. o_O What do?
Optimus_User is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old August 13th, 2011, 02:36 PM   #64 (permalink)
Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 449
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 10
Thanked 94 Times in 75 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Optimus_User View Post
lol, Funny. Alright, I'll try it. Thanks for the expedient response.

Lol, you are welcome. Post your results if you don't mind. Been thinking about trying to map out the areas of 3G service
twistedriku is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old August 13th, 2011, 02:57 PM   #65 (permalink)
Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 449
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 10
Thanked 94 Times in 75 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Optimus_User View Post
Err . .I installed the program, but I have some issues. . .

Occasionally it'll stop running: "This program has stopped working" message on Win7.
But, when it does work, in the box that shows MY details and numbers, it has another person's number and MEID. o_O What do?
Hmm... try uninstalling then reinstalling it.. I'm starting to wonder if the security on windows 7 blocks it for whatever reason.. though ill need people to post what OS they were using and alot of people wont bother responding after they fix it themselves or it works or something goes wrong.
twistedriku is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old August 13th, 2011, 03:03 PM   #66 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 392
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 136
Thanked 29 Times in 26 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by twistedriku View Post
Hmm... try uninstalling then reinstalling it.. I'm starting to wonder if the security on windows 7 blocks it for whatever reason.. though ill need people to post what OS they were using and alot of people wont bother responding after they fix it themselves or it works or something goes wrong.

I reinstalled the program, and if it helps, my OS is 2.2.1.

Funny. I got the program running, but it's also stuck at 0% indefinitely, lol. Maybe I'm upgrading the PRL for the other guy! (the one who has the number listed on the LG program)
Optimus_User is offline  
Last edited by Optimus_User; August 13th, 2011 at 03:15 PM.
Reply With Quote
Old August 13th, 2011, 03:21 PM   #67 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Jax Fl
Posts: 4,173
 
Device(s): LG Nexus 4, HTC EVO 4G Sold, LG Esteem Wifes, Samsung Galaxy Prevail, Samsung Nexus S 4G, LG Optimus
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 391
Thanked 1,455 Times in 1,003 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Optimus_User View Post
I reinstalled the program, and if it helps, my OS is 2.2.1.

Funny. I got the program running, but it's also stuck at 0% indefinitely, lol. Maybe I'm upgrading the PRL for the other guy! (the one who has the number listed on the LG program)
you forgot to register the dll.

in the instructions for getting lgnpst going you need to have admin permision and drag the dll to the reg
new optimus is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old August 13th, 2011, 03:24 PM   #68 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 392
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 136
Thanked 29 Times in 26 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by new optimus View Post
you forgot to register the dll.

in the instructions for getting lgnpst going you need to have admin permision and drag the dll to the reg
Maybe you're right, but when I drug the dll. over the REGGIE, I got an error. Maybe you could tell me how to get "admin permission?"
Optimus_User is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old August 13th, 2011, 03:33 PM   #69 (permalink)
Member
 
FallOutNerd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 126
 
Device(s): Nokia Lumia 521
Carrier: T-Mobile

Thanks: 19
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

sounds way too risky
FallOutNerd is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old August 13th, 2011, 03:38 PM   #70 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Jax Fl
Posts: 4,173
 
Device(s): LG Nexus 4, HTC EVO 4G Sold, LG Esteem Wifes, Samsung Galaxy Prevail, Samsung Nexus S 4G, LG Optimus
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 391
Thanked 1,455 Times in 1,003 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Optimus_User View Post
Maybe you're right, but when I drug the dll. over the REGGIE, I got an error. Maybe you could tell me how to get "admin permission?"
on win7?
easy way is to go to control panel user accounts
then change user account control setting, slide the slider to the bottom, no notification.
then reboot.

but that is a system wide setting for advanced users that dont need to worry bout messing up the system.

You could try right clicking and open with admin rights. If that doesnt work I do not know how to help. I have full control over my system.
new optimus is offline  
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old August 13th, 2011, 05:01 PM   #71 (permalink)
Member
 
teh_dude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Arlington/Denton, TX
Posts: 497
 
Device(s): LG Optimus 2X (T-Mobile G2X), bone stock--1 GHz dual core!; LG Optimus MS690 2.2.1 Joneidy's SENSE r
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 59
Thanked 96 Times in 71 Posts
Hmm....ask me.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FallOutNerd View Post
sounds way too risky
Speaking from experience, if one has a general handle on techy things, and follows the instructions properly for setting up lgnpst and all the things that go with it, and then just uses the PRL tab and not the upgrade tab, it'll work fine. Risk comes into play when instructions are not followed or understood properly.

That said, for someone who just wants a chance at 3G and has never done any of this, this can seem kind of like a big deal.
teh_dude is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old August 13th, 2011, 09:42 PM   #72 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Posts: 51
 
Device(s): LG Optimus M
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 5
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by twistedriku View Post
Nope, I have my phone rooted as well with a custom rom installed. This process is the same as if you called *228 and updated your roaming list via MetroPCS. It'll only change your PRL and boost your signal or just change your PRL.

Mine went to 3019 and that was after I updated my roaming list =\ so I guess I'm not on the 3G network then. And this whole process looks very long and overwhelming
FLGrl87 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old August 14th, 2011, 01:56 AM   #73 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 27
 
Device(s): LG optimus m CM7 mod r.o.c.k v0.3 oc @ 787mhz
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 12
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

this is a pretty simple process and i noticed that i couldent get lgnpst to recognize my phone without the .dll that i got from joneidy's 2.2.1 long root method
also i got cdma workshop from the downloads on that thread, since i had it i went ahead and changed my spc and now metro cant access my phone and change my prl
also, i made a backup of my stock spc in case i need to reprogram my phone through metro.
fantasmo is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old August 14th, 2011, 12:46 PM   #74 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
saber85's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 38
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 5
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Last week I had 3G randomly on my Optimus. The speeds were exponentially faster (ie Youtube videos played wonderfully without wifi). I updated my roaming list and it put me back at 1x. I've been updating it randomly throughout the week and still can't get the 3G back. The best part was when I was at a friends house who also has an Optimus M and he had 3G and I didn't :-(. I made the mistake of calling Metro about why I wouldn't have 3G and my friend would and they gave me the run around of "3G and 1X are the same thing." The representative had the audacity to tell me that Youtube stopped working as fast without wifi because Youtube is not compatible with my phone.
saber85 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old August 14th, 2011, 01:30 PM   #75 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Jax Fl
Posts: 4,173
 
Device(s): LG Nexus 4, HTC EVO 4G Sold, LG Esteem Wifes, Samsung Galaxy Prevail, Samsung Nexus S 4G, LG Optimus
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 391
Thanked 1,455 Times in 1,003 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by saber85 View Post
Last week I had 3G randomly on my Optimus. The speeds were exponentially faster (ie Youtube videos played wonderfully without wifi). I updated my roaming list and it put me back at 1x. I've been updating it randomly throughout the week and still can't get the 3G back. The best part was when I was at a friends house who also has an Optimus M and he had 3G and I didn't :-(. I made the mistake of calling Metro about why I wouldn't have 3G and my friend would and they gave me the run around of "3G and 1X are the same thing." The representative had the audacity to tell me that Youtube stopped working as fast without wifi because Youtube is not compatible with my phone.
Sounds like your phone automatically updated itself to 3020, the first ones did by the way, then you ran update it put 3019 on.
new optimus is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old August 14th, 2011, 03:55 PM   #76 (permalink)
Member
 
teh_dude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Arlington/Denton, TX
Posts: 497
 
Device(s): LG Optimus 2X (T-Mobile G2X), bone stock--1 GHz dual core!; LG Optimus MS690 2.2.1 Joneidy's SENSE r
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 59
Thanked 96 Times in 71 Posts
Hmm....ask me.
Default

Wooooowwww. I wonder who told that rep to lie like that. I might as well look you in the eye and tell you you're really a housecat, and that next time you drive your car, you need to check your blinker fluid level.
teh_dude is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old August 14th, 2011, 04:00 PM   #77 (permalink)
Member
 
teh_dude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Arlington/Denton, TX
Posts: 497
 
Device(s): LG Optimus 2X (T-Mobile G2X), bone stock--1 GHz dual core!; LG Optimus MS690 2.2.1 Joneidy's SENSE r
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 59
Thanked 96 Times in 71 Posts
Hmm....ask me.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLGrl87 View Post
Mine went to 3019 and that was after I updated my roaming list =\ so I guess I'm not on the 3G network then. And this whole process looks very long and overwhelming
I saw your posts in the other 3G thread. If you can find someone on here in Jacksonville, FL who wants to take your money to do this, cool, but it really isn't that bad. It's more so one of those things that takes WAAAYYY MORE to describe it than it does to do it. AKA, the opposite of the usual statement, and now, "Easier done than said."

I encourage you to try it.

The thing is, based on your other posts and how excited you were at the chance for 3G, you should know that once you do it, you're not guaranteed 3G, but you'll have a possibility of 3G. The best I get is just seeing it for seconds at a time, and I'm never fast enough to actually really try it out. I got a speedtest out of it one time somehow but it still switched back to 1x in the middle of the test I think lol.

That said, you may be one of the lucky few who actually gets steady 3G. Just don't dial *228 anymore after you do it lol.
teh_dude is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old August 14th, 2011, 06:15 PM   #78 (permalink)
Member
 
FallOutNerd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 126
 
Device(s): Nokia Lumia 521
Carrier: T-Mobile

Thanks: 19
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by teh_dude View Post
Speaking from experience, if one has a general handle on techy things, and follows the instructions properly for setting up lgnpst and all the things that go with it, and then just uses the PRL tab and not the upgrade tab, it'll work fine. Risk comes into play when instructions are not followed or understood properly.

That said, for someone who just wants a chance at 3G and has never done any of this, this can seem kind of like a big deal.
I do have a general handle, I may try this later.
FallOutNerd is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old August 16th, 2011, 05:13 PM   #79 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 52
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 3
Thanked 6 Times in 4 Posts
Default

Freaking website is down for me? :P Can't get the info needed to upgrade. I mean it LOADS, but when I type in my MEID DEC nothing happens, shows a blank screen.
aovaici is offline  
Last edited by aovaici; August 16th, 2011 at 05:15 PM.
Reply With Quote
Old August 16th, 2011, 05:17 PM   #80 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
saber85's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 38
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 5
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

If anyone can please post what they did to get it to work that would be awesome. I set LGNPST to look just like the screenshots posted, but when I click 'Start' the button grays out and nothing happens :-/.
saber85 is offline  
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old August 16th, 2011, 07:05 PM   #81 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Jax Fl
Posts: 4,173
 
Device(s): LG Nexus 4, HTC EVO 4G Sold, LG Esteem Wifes, Samsung Galaxy Prevail, Samsung Nexus S 4G, LG Optimus
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 391
Thanked 1,455 Times in 1,003 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by aovaici View Post
Freaking website is down for me? :P Can't get the info needed to upgrade. I mean it LOADS, but when I type in my MEID DEC nothing happens, shows a blank screen.
try the

Android White rabbit site

saber I said this in pm but just for anyone else you need to make sure you register the dll file as mentioned before the easy way is to drag the dll file to the reggie file and you must have admin rights
new optimus is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old August 16th, 2011, 09:18 PM   #82 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 52
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 3
Thanked 6 Times in 4 Posts
Default

No 3G here --- Walnut Creek, East Bay, California

Also I have started getting some weird errors, claiming I'm not logged into google when I try to access the market, never seen that before, probably has nothing to do with the update but I figured I'd say something.
aovaici is offline  
Last edited by aovaici; August 16th, 2011 at 09:20 PM.
Reply With Quote
Old August 16th, 2011, 10:07 PM   #83 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
saber85's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 38
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 5
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by new optimus View Post
saber I said this in pm but just for anyone else you need to make sure you register the dll file as mentioned before the easy way is to drag the dll file to the reggie file and you must have admin rights
For whatever reason I'm missing a .dll file and can't get it to register. This is what I get when I try to drag the .dll:




I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling it twice now. I'm not sure if it's related, but I was unable to unistall LG Components.
saber85 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old August 16th, 2011, 10:12 PM   #84 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Jax Fl
Posts: 4,173
 
Device(s): LG Nexus 4, HTC EVO 4G Sold, LG Esteem Wifes, Samsung Galaxy Prevail, Samsung Nexus S 4G, LG Optimus
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 391
Thanked 1,455 Times in 1,003 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by saber85 View Post
For whatever reason I'm missing a .dll file and can't get it to register. This is what I get when I try to drag the .dll:




I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling it twice now. I'm not sure if it's related, but I was unable to unistall LG Components.
that does sound related. what windows you running?
Do you have admin privileges
on vista and win7 if you go to user accounts then change user account control settings, then slide the slider all the way to the never notify, then reboot you will always have admin privileges.
new optimus is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old August 16th, 2011, 10:48 PM   #85 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
saber85's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 38
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 5
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

I have Windows 7. It's all good now, though. Like I said in my pm, I used the method with QPST and it worked like a charm. Got my 3G back and everything. I am a very happy camper .
saber85 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old August 22nd, 2011, 06:19 PM   #86 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 11
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 4
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

The esn check thing is down, so can anyone tell me how to get it by some other method? thanks alot.
Ericm895 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old August 22nd, 2011, 06:26 PM   #87 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Jax Fl
Posts: 4,173
 
Device(s): LG Nexus 4, HTC EVO 4G Sold, LG Esteem Wifes, Samsung Galaxy Prevail, Samsung Nexus S 4G, LG Optimus
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 391
Thanked 1,455 Times in 1,003 Posts
Default

Try the white rabbit
new optimus is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old August 22nd, 2011, 09:28 PM   #88 (permalink)
LG Whiz Kid
 
sammyz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Pompano Beach, Fl
Gender: Male
Posts: 8,710
 
Device(s): LG Motion 4G---- LG Optimus L9
Carrier: MetroPCS

Thanks: 2,169
Thanked 2,305 Times in 1,506 Posts
Default

I updated the prl, I dont get 3G at home (in Fort Lauderdale) but I did get 3G when I was about 10 miles north of Orlando on the Florida Turnpike so it does work. The 3G wouldn't work in that area before when it wasn't updated, so thanks for the update
sammyz is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old August 22nd, 2011, 09:32 PM   #89 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Jax Fl
Posts: 4,173
 
Device(s): LG Nexus 4, HTC EVO 4G Sold, LG Esteem Wifes, Samsung Galaxy Prevail, Samsung Nexus S 4G, LG Optimus
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 391
Thanked 1,455 Times in 1,003 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by new optimus View Post
hmm looking back at this I think I should have wrote

Follow the white rabbit
new optimus is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to new optimus For This Useful Post:
Ericm895 (August 22nd, 2011)
Old August 22nd, 2011, 09:46 PM   #90 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 11
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 4
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by new optimus View Post
hmm looking back at this I think I should have wrote

Follow the white rabbit

Thanks alot bro.
Ericm895 is offline  
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old August 22nd, 2011, 09:49 PM   #91 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Jax Fl
Posts: 4,173
 
Device(s): LG Nexus 4, HTC EVO 4G Sold, LG Esteem Wifes, Samsung Galaxy Prevail, Samsung Nexus S 4G, LG Optimus
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 391
Thanked 1,455 Times in 1,003 Posts
Default

no problem.
new optimus is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old August 27th, 2011, 11:32 AM   #92 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 630
 
Device(s): Optimus M CM7, HTC EVO3D, HTC One S. R.I.P. Huawei Ascend x2, HTC Hero
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 68
Thanked 224 Times in 122 Posts
Default

thanx for the tut.. updated prl.. no 3g.. daytona beach, fl area for those who are insterested
tripdoc79 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old August 27th, 2011, 11:34 AM   #93 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 630
 
Device(s): Optimus M CM7, HTC EVO3D, HTC One S. R.I.P. Huawei Ascend x2, HTC Hero
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 68
Thanked 224 Times in 122 Posts
Default

here is an alternative MEID checker and converter that i used to get my SPC

Online MEID & ESN Converter - Converts to and from HEX/DEX and Caluclates MetroPCS SPC
tripdoc79 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old August 28th, 2011, 03:49 PM   #94 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 5
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 1
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

I had a defective phone that had the rebooting issue that I dealt with for a few months, not knowing I could get a new phone from metro under warranty. Last month I noticed I had 3G almost everywhere and it was AWESOME. Sooooooo much faster. Yesterday I got my new phone and no 3G ever. Followed this guide to the letter and it worked perfectly. Now have 3G again. Thank you so much. (now i just wish there was a root for 2.2.2, seeing my new phone already had the update)
CavemanJosh is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old August 28th, 2011, 03:53 PM   #95 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Jax Fl
Posts: 4,173
 
Device(s): LG Nexus 4, HTC EVO 4G Sold, LG Esteem Wifes, Samsung Galaxy Prevail, Samsung Nexus S 4G, LG Optimus
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 391
Thanked 1,455 Times in 1,003 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CavemanJosh View Post
I had a defective phone that had the rebooting issue that I dealt with for a few months, not knowing I could get a new phone from metro under warranty. Last month I noticed I had 3G almost everywhere and it was AWESOME. Sooooooo much faster. Yesterday I got my new phone and no 3G ever. Followed this guide to the letter and it worked perfectly. Now have 3G again. Thank you so much. (now i just wish there was a root for 2.2.2, seeing my new phone already had the update)
you could try down grading back to 2.2.1
new optimus is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old September 3rd, 2011, 05:54 PM   #96 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 31
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 64
Thanked 9 Times in 7 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Optimus_User View Post
Maybe you're right, but when I drug the dll. over the REGGIE, I got an error. Maybe you could tell me how to get "admin permission?"
I ran into this problem too. For anyone else running into this problem the crux of the matter is to register the DLL. The reggie file is just a convenient user friendly way to do it but it isn't the only way. Google register dll win7 (or whatever your windows version is) and you'll get plenty of hits that show you how.

I did it from an elevated cmd shell. No problem.

Explanation of Regsvr32 usage and error messages

Here is a tip for you if you use a cmd shell.

Click the address bar when you are in the folder for the lg DLL. Then copy the file path to the clipboard.

In your open cmd window, type in regserver command and space over one then you can click the icon in the upper left corner - that drops a menu down - then click 'Edit' - then click paste to paste in the folder path and add on the \dllname.dll
reddarin is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old September 5th, 2011, 01:33 PM   #97 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Tampa, Florida
Gender: Male
Posts: 19
 
Device(s): 2x LG Spirt 4g
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

boom, got mine to 3020, just need to get min and number back
j_blaze14 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old September 5th, 2011, 01:50 PM   #98 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Tampa, Florida
Gender: Male
Posts: 19
 
Device(s): 2x LG Spirt 4g
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

got it, testing call now
j_blaze14 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old September 5th, 2011, 09:55 PM   #99 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 2
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

i get a error that says:
unable to load [LGNPST_Utillity5.dll] Component
Path = Version= HR= 0x80040154


Please help..
master_lu is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old September 7th, 2011, 07:51 PM   #100 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 2
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Bump

I registered the DLL running win have admin rights....

Is there another way to downgrade?
master_lu is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply
Tags
3020 prl, lg optimus m 3g, lgnpst


Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > LG Optimus M
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:24 AM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.