This is what I did I have LG optimus m
1. Make sure USB debugging is enabled
2. Download USB driver and install on your computer
3. Download and install qpst 2.7 qpst 2.7
4. Connect phone to computer
5. Open device manager expand ports and make note of what com port your USB device is on
6. Open up qpst configuration if com port is not shown select add port and enter com# (# being the one seen @ device manager)
7. Select service programming (phone must be selected to continue)
8. On the main menu setting tab click read from phone and will obtain phone info it will ask for ur spc
9. Spc code can be obtained through cdma workshop or by using checkesnfree.com Get Spc
10. Look for M.IP tab and there will be an option under Mobile IP Behavior to set it to Simple IP only select it and then click on write to phone. Phone should reboot.
My speed definately increase from 200kbps to around 900kbps - 1.1 mb Download location: Los angeles
note I'm not responsible for bricking ur phone I've done this before and familiar with the software even though this quick tut should be noob friendly
Credit goes to Folks in the Admire forum. i just thought id make a tut with easy to follow steps and pics
Last edited by santia213; December 21st, 2012 at 11:07 PM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to santia213 For This Useful Post:
I don't see why your complaining i'm trying to help out others by having clear steps and visuals, i already had most of the step in my other tut (prl) so i decided to make this one. If it helped you great if not move on.
Device(s): LG Motion 4g, LG Optimus M+ (rooted/CWM), Archos G9 80 250GB tablet (broken screen)
Thanked 154 Times in 135 Posts
Originally Posted by Jaycee23
does this actually work? & will it affect my rooted phone? i dont want this intefering with my MMS or my custom ROMS im using, but i would like a increase in speed.
It doesn't affect your ROM. It's a programming for the phone, which is beyond the ROM. I have done this on my Optimus M; I'm currently using reppard's CM7. I got a speed increase when I performed these steps.