Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > LG Optimus One (P500)

Get excited for the Samsung Galaxy S5! Find everything you need and discuss it in our Galaxy S5 Forum!

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By goosebumps
  • 1 Post By vipul619

test: Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old January 8th, 2012, 08:32 AM   #1 (permalink)
New Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 12
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 2
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default what do you think?

Hello Optimus one users
I'm thinking of buying LG optimus one or net beacause from what i read they seem perfect espacually with such a price

i need your help and advice to make the right choice , since it's my first smartphone so:
what do you think about this phone ? was is worth it?
what are the pros and cons of lg optimus one?
and finaly , it can't support adobe flash : what does this mean ? and is there anyway to replace adobe flash with another similar app and what are the differences?

thanks for your time , and i'd appreciate a good adive

goosebumps is offline  
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old January 8th, 2012, 09:23 AM   #2 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Brazil
Posts: 12
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Well, one can argue that Optimus Net has a more powerful processor than the Optimus One (800 MHz vs 600 MHz), but the community behind the latter is huge. It's valuable if you are likely to install custom kernels, custom firmwares, etc.

If you are the kind of person that prefer to stick to the stock experience (at best keep it up-to-date with LG's official updates), then the size of the community may be irrelevant and the Optimus Net seems a very good option.

Besides this, Optimus One has wifi G, while Optimus Net has wifi N, if I'm not mistaken. Is it important to you to have wifi N? The bluetooth is v3.0 on the Net, while the One has v2.1. Again: does it make a difference to you?

Regarding flash support, I think none of them does it (there are unofficial ports for their processor architecture - ARMv6), but my guess is that you'll never want to view flash content on an average smartphone such as these (I have an Optimus One, by the way, and it's my first smartphone too).

I'm very happy with my Optimus One, even that it's not a powerful last generation smartphone. The Optimus Net seems very similar, and it's up to you to decide what is the best choice.

P.S.: Use this to compare them:
LG Optimus One P500 vs. LG Optimus Net - GSMArena.com
yuripg is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old January 8th, 2012, 12:32 PM   #3 (permalink)
New Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 12
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 2
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by yuripg View Post
Well, one can argue that Optimus Net has a more powerful processor than the Optimus One (800 MHz vs 600 MHz), but the community behind the latter is huge. It's valuable if you are likely to install custom kernels, custom firmwares, etc.

If you are the kind of person that prefer to stick to the stock experience (at best keep it up-to-date with LG's official updates), then the size of the community may be irrelevant and the Optimus Net seems a very good option.

Besides this, Optimus One has wifi G, while Optimus Net has wifi N, if I'm not mistaken. Is it important to you to have wifi N? The bluetooth is v3.0 on the Net, while the One has v2.1. Again: does it make a difference to you?

Regarding flash support, I think none of them does it (there are unofficial ports for their processor architecture - ARMv6), but my guess is that you'll never want to view flash content on an average smartphone such as these (I have an Optimus One, by the way, and it's my first smartphone too).

I'm very happy with my Optimus One, even that it's not a powerful last generation smartphone. The Optimus Net seems very similar, and it's up to you to decide what is the best choice.

P.S.: Use this to compare them:
LG Optimus One P500 vs. LG Optimus Net - GSMArena.com
first of all, i never noticed that there were a difference between bleutooh and wifi my router is g i dont use much bleutooth so that is a solved issue .
yet i'm craving for speed since my last phone was reetarded , and i dont want to loose those 200mhz on the other hand i'm not the kind of person that sticks to the stock experience after all what's the use of a smartphone if your not going to enjoy it to the fullest . and indeed the community is huge , i mean the forum is crawling with usefull topics and Resourceful members while optimus one 's forum is practically deserted
also , i notice that optimus one's 3g is 7.2 while net's is 3.2 so that's a +1 for optimus one

so it's all down to this ; speed vs popularity and 3g


my question is ;
what does the popularity offers ; what will i be missing without the community?
goosebumps is offline  
Last edited by goosebumps; January 8th, 2012 at 12:43 PM.
Reply With Quote
Old January 8th, 2012, 12:52 PM   #4 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: New Delhi, India
Posts: 165
 
Device(s): LG Optimus One (P500)
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 7
Thanked 22 Times in 21 Posts
vipul311
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by goosebumps View Post
Hello Optimus one users
I'm thinking of buying LG optimus one or net beacause from what i read they seem perfect espacually with such a price

i need your help and advice to make the right choice , since it's my first smartphone so:
what do you think about this phone ? was is worth it?
what are the pros and cons of lg optimus one?
and finaly , it can't support adobe flash : what does this mean ? and is there anyway to replace adobe flash with another similar app and what are the differences?

thanks for your time , and i'd appreciate a good advice
I have the O1 so i will be correct when i say the following..

1) When i unpacked it, it was worth it, now its 10 times the worth (Thanks XDA).

2) Cons - Seeing the range it comes in none. Better processor, RAM, Internal Memory blah blah all require more money. In 10k this is what you will get & its NOT LESS AT ALL..!!
Still if u wanna know, u cant play high res videos coz of slow processor, no LED flashlight. Thats the main con i found.

Pros - 512MB RAM (WOAH!) you get that in phones ranged 20k n around. 3mp camera nice. looks stunning (unlike LG's reputation), many custom ROMS kernels to overdo the phone, easy Root, top in class model..

3) IT DOES SUPPORT FLASH (Not officially though), get it from XDA or get the phone i'll get u the links. We can smothly play 240p videos and view flash content anywhere, but 360p videos lag.

So go for it, if 10-15k is your budget..
__________________
ROM : Oxygen v2.5.1
OC : 480-729MHz Performance
Hit THANKS if i helped
vipul619 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old January 8th, 2012, 01:22 PM   #5 (permalink)
New Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 12
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 2
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by vipul619 View Post
I have the O1 so i will be correct when i say the following..

1) When i unpacked it, it was worth it, now its 10 times the worth (Thanks XDA).

2) Cons - Seeing the range it comes in none. Better processor, RAM, Internal Memory blah blah all require more money. In 10k this is what you will get & its NOT LESS AT ALL..!!
Still if u wanna know, u cant play high res videos coz of slow processor, no LED flashlight. Thats the main con i found.

Pros - 512MB RAM (WOAH!) you get that in phones ranged 20k n around. 3mp camera nice. looks stunning (unlike LG's reputation), many custom ROMS kernels to overdo the phone, easy Root, top in class model..

3) IT DOES SUPPORT FLASH (Not officially though), get it from XDA or get the phone i'll get u the links. We can smothly play 240p videos and view flash content anywhere, but 360p videos lag.

So go for it, if 10-15k is your budget..

*how come you guys can't play high res videos while optimus one suports divx ?
good to know it supports flash
Thanks for your answer , everthing is clearer now . but i couldn't figure ou what's ROM and kernels? are they some sort of modified firmares ?
goosebumps is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old January 9th, 2012, 04:27 AM   #6 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: New Delhi, India
Posts: 165
 
Device(s): LG Optimus One (P500)
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 7
Thanked 22 Times in 21 Posts
vipul311
Default

O1 supports DIVX, thats true and thats why it can play all formats.
but supporting a format doesnt mean it supports files it cant even handle..
Thats why we can play all formats mkv, mp4, avi, 3gp etc but only upto the processor limts.
Thats why 240p for MKV (coz decoding MKV files is a tough & processor heavy task) while i play 700MB dvdrips unconverted and uncompressed lagfree because they are in AVI formats and it is easy to decode..

As for
ROMS's Kernels, i'll just give you a basic idea about it.

Root - You'll this need to get all such UNOFFICIAL stuff. It voids warranty but can be undone and causes no problems if done as per instructed.

Custom ROM's - Default LG ROM's are crap, ABSOLUTE CRAP, so a ROM is like the windows of your pc, custom ones are better like Win7, more features better stability etc, Stock (Original ROM's) are like Win98 slow, crappy. So developers port ROM's from other phones, modify them to be fast and compatible and allow them to be used by us..

Custom kernels - A kernel is like the software part of ur phone that controls ur CPU, ram etc. So stock kernels are set to make phone work at below optimum levels = slow n buggy
In custom u can set ur Processor rates urself (I keep mine at 480-729Mhz) also u get better battery life and smoothness..

Off topic
I havent tried but u can check on Optimus Hub as well. I have no idea about it, just that the specs seemed better
vipul619 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old January 9th, 2012, 07:38 AM   #7 (permalink)
New Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 12
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 2
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by vipul619 View Post
O1 supports DIVX, thats true and thats why it can play all formats.
but supporting a format doesnt mean it supports files it cant even handle..
Thats why we can play all formats mkv, mp4, avi, 3gp etc but only upto the processor limts.
Thats why 240p for MKV (coz decoding MKV files is a tough & processor heavy task) while i play 700MB dvdrips unconverted and uncompressed lagfree because they are in AVI formats and it is easy to decode..

As for
ROMS's Kernels, i'll just give you a basic idea about it.

Root - You'll this need to get all such UNOFFICIAL stuff. It voids warranty but can be undone and causes no problems if done as per instructed.

Custom ROM's - Default LG ROM's are crap, ABSOLUTE CRAP, so a ROM is like the windows of your pc, custom ones are better like Win7, more features better stability etc, Stock (Original ROM's) are like Win98 slow, crappy. So developers port ROM's from other phones, modify them to be fast and compatible and allow them to be used by us..

Custom kernels - A kernel is like the software part of ur phone that controls ur CPU, ram etc. So stock kernels are set to make phone work at below optimum levels = slow n buggy
In custom u can set ur Processor rates urself (I keep mine at 480-729Mhz) also u get better battery life and smoothness..

Off topic
I havent tried but u can check on Optimus Hub as well. I have no idea about it, just that the specs seemed better

so : it runs smoothely avi yet it struggels with mkv , i thik that's the case for both and that's great news

now i have a clearer understanding of custom kernals and ROM's ,they seem very useful

i just have one question ; by UNOFFICIAL stuff ,do you mean like hacked apps ?
Awone1930 likes this.
goosebumps is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old January 9th, 2012, 10:43 PM   #8 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: New Delhi, India
Posts: 165
 
Device(s): LG Optimus One (P500)
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 7
Thanked 22 Times in 21 Posts
vipul311
Default

Unofficial means anything that is not LG Supported.
Individual developers get source codes for the roms kernels from the stock and release their idea of the perfect rom or kernel.
So if anything happens to ur phone while u are flashing a rom or kernel, no one will be responsible..!!
though till date i have flashed about 20+ times roms and almost equal times kernels and i havent seen any problems..
just mind that Custom stuff is bound to have some bugs but those bugs wont be even 1% reason you would want to switch back to ur stock rom.
Awone1930 likes this.
vipul619 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply

LG Optimus One
Current Rating:
Rate this Phone:

The LG Optimus One is yet another solid mid range phone by LG. It sports a 3.2 ich capacitive touchscreen and Android 2.2. It's extremely affordable for the type of performance it dishes out. Even without the best of specs, it can go toe-t... Read More



Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > LG Optimus One (P500)
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:05 AM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.