I have two LG Optimus V phones. Suddenly yesterday, one started having an issue where the phone doesn't seem to be recognizing the charging status of the battery. The battery is not the problem. I put in the battery from the working phone into the sick phone and it does not recognize that the battery is fully charged from that phone either. The healthy phone recognizes the battery is fully charged.
This does not seem to be a battery hardware, charging cable, or wall charger problem.
The sick phone will not start without the battery in. For about 30 seconds after the boot, it recognizes the battery is charged. Afterwards, it goes back to 1%. The phone will turn off immediately if taken off AC power. I tried a hard reset, but this did not solve the problem.
Hi. I'm having the same issue with mine! I thought I ruined the battery after the phone went through the wash. I dried it (rice method) and it works perfectly as long as it stays plugged in. I just replaced the battery today and the new one is having the same issue. I've let it charge several hours and I'm still at 1%. I'm on two years with this phone, it's gone through a lot and I'm not ready to give up on it yet. Any ideas?
Have you tried:
1. Pull battery and hold power button down for 30 sec., then reinstall battery and push power?
2. Last resort, will wipe all user data, menu/settings/privacy/factory reset.
NOTE: If option two is used you can download AppTyrant from the play store. When you open it up it should auto save to the SD card all your apps in the apk's form. Then transfer all data on SD card to computer (just in case).
After factory reset, sign in to your Google account by opening up the PlayStore/market app. When done all your contacts will be restored.
Then either install apps from PlayStore or from AppTyrant folder on SD card.
Just copy all in folder and paste to root of SD card (not in a folder, same level as folders). Then tap on each one and install (much quicker than having to download and install from PlayStore).
There is no guarantee that it will fix the problem but it can't hurt the phone either.