Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > LG Optimus V

test: Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old January 22nd, 2013, 09:14 AM   #1 (permalink)
Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 137
 
Device(s): LG Optimus V
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 6
Thanked 6 Times in 6 Posts
Default Pictures from Gmail into gallary automatically?

I gave my Optimus V to my Dad (I posted this in some other threads so this should be no surprise to a few, ha ha)

Here's the issue: When my Dad loaded Gmail and signed into his account, a ton of pictures that he recieved from emails downloaded into the gallary from previous emails. He gets lots of pics of grandkids so there was many. I didn't realize this until I went to the gallary and saw picture after picture.

When I had the phone, I never remember gmail doing this, even though I hardly get any pics. But nonetheless, I tried to delete the pictures and I could not even figure out how to do that. Even though I had deleted pictures out of the gallary several times when I had the phone. What's going on?

1. How do I stop Gmail from automatically downloading pics into the Gallary?
2. How can I delete these pics? This sounds simple but it's like the phones has it's own mind in that function and I can't figure out how to delete them. When I select Delete, it just goes back to the Gallary screen like I never did anything?

Advertisements
Blazin65 is offline  
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old January 22nd, 2013, 11:14 AM   #2 (permalink)
tli
Member
 
tli's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 254
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 51
Thanked 85 Times in 68 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blazin65 View Post
I gave my Optimus V to my Dad (I posted this in some other threads so this should be no surprise to a few, ha ha)

Here's the issue: When my Dad loaded Gmail and signed into his account, a ton of pictures that he recieved from emails downloaded into the gallary from previous emails. He gets lots of pics of grandkids so there was many. I didn't realize this until I went to the gallary and saw picture after picture.

When I had the phone, I never remember gmail doing this, even though I hardly get any pics. But nonetheless, I tried to delete the pictures and I could not even figure out how to do that. Even though I had deleted pictures out of the gallary several times when I had the phone. What's going on?

1. How do I stop Gmail from automatically downloading pics into the Gallary?
2. How can I delete these pics? This sounds simple but it's like the phones has it's own mind in that function and I can't figure out how to delete them. When I select Delete, it just goes back to the Gallary screen like I never did anything?
Try the following settings in Gmail (version 2.3.6):

[Menu] <More> <Settings> <General preferences> <Clear "Show pictures">

[Menu] <More> <Settings> {Account settings} Check/Enable [Batch operations]

[Menu] <More> <Settings> {Account settings} <Sync inboxes and labels> <Amount of mail to sync> Reduce the number of days.
tli is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old January 23rd, 2013, 09:08 AM   #3 (permalink)
Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 137
 
Device(s): LG Optimus V
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 6
Thanked 6 Times in 6 Posts
Default

Are you talking about changing the settings on the phone or on his computer?

Another question is how can I make these pics go to the SD card, instead of loading up on the phones memory, if I cannot figure out how to stop it like you said? I'm not talking about moving the current pics, but any pics that download from Gmail in the future?

This is really crap, I must say. Part of what I hate about these phones is that half the time they just assume you want to do something and go ahead and do it.

He doesn't live near me so I'm trying to ask all these questions up front.
I'm fearful I'm not going to be able to fix this and the phone is going to be out of storage space in no time.
Blazin65 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old January 23rd, 2013, 09:46 AM   #4 (permalink)
tli
Member
 
tli's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 254
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 51
Thanked 85 Times in 68 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blazin65 View Post
Are you talking about changing the settings on the phone or on his computer?
Phone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blazin65 View Post
Another question is how can I make these pics go to the SD card, instead of loading up on the phones memory, if I cannot figure out how to stop it like you said? I'm not talking about moving the current pics, but any pics that download from Gmail in the future?

...
Short term solution to free up internal memory: clear the Gmail app's cache.

Long term solution to utilize the SDcard memory: use Link2SD for the Gmail app, read through the stickied Guide by MacFett at:

Link2SD and you (a tutorial)
tli is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply


Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > LG Optimus V
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:13 AM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.