April 12th, 2012, 12:46 PM
Thread Author (OP)
Join Date: Aug 2010
Carrier: Not Provided
Thanked 174 Times in 67 Posts
LG Revolution Screen Repair Guide
This written repair guide will walk you through all the steps required to replace nearly any part, but specifically the touch screen digitizer and LCD screen of your LG Revolution VS910. With use of this guide you will assure a fast and secure repair is made on your LG phone.
This guide will help you install the following LG Revolution part (s):
- LG Revolution Touch Screen Digitizer Replacement
- LG Revolution LCD Screen Replacement
- Safe Open Pry Tool
- Small Phillips Screwdriver
- Hot Air Gun / Hair Dryer
LG Revolution take apart repair guide:
- The first step is to remove the back battery cover, the battery, sim card, and the memory card.
- Remove the seven (7) screws using Small Phillips Screwdriver.
- Gently pry all the edges using safe pry tool to take away the back housing cover. Be cautious as the volume and power button will fall out.
- Once the motherboard is exposed, release the one pop connector attached to the sim card tray and speaker assembly using a safe pry tool.
- Disconnect all the connectors with the use of safe pry tool and lightly take away the power and the volume flex cable from the housing.
- Slowly raise up the motherboard with the use of safe pry tool to take away from the screen assembly. Carefully separate the motherboard and make sure not to damaged or cut the flex ribbon cables.
- Use heat gun or hair dryer for about 30-45 seconds to soften the held adhesive. Apply heat at the front of the screen and at the back of the LCD screen.
- With the use of Spudger Tool or safe pry tool, lightly spend your time to run out all the holes to soften the attached adhesive from the LCD screen to the front housing. Start prying off the front screen to completely separate the front housing.
- Apply heat to all corners at the back of the LCD screen to loosen the adhesive. Now lightly pry all the edges with the use of safe pry tool to separate the touchscreen.
Simply change the damaged parts with the new ones and reverse the order to put your phone back together again.