April 30th, 2012, 10:39 AM
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Montreal, QC
Device(s): Google Nexus 4, LG shine plus
SOLD: Samsung Galaxy S2 international
Carrier: Not Provided
Thanked 60 Times in 49 Posts
Originally Posted by kchahal
Good news for those who are having the repeated Bluetooth connect/disconnect issues with their cars. Ever since I got 2.3 my phone pretty much turned into a brick because it just would not stay connected with my 2012 Honda Civic.
After searching the internet for hours and consulting some other threads on here I finally have a solution.
If you are having this issue; this is what you need to do
1. Clear/delete your phone settings from the car
2. Get root for your phone
3. Get root explorer or similar program
4. Go to /data/Misc/Bluetoothd and delete all folders
5. Go to /system/app/
6. Long click on bluetoothpbap.apk and rename to bluetoothpbap.apk.bak
7. Reboot your phone
8. Reconnect and Re-pair your phone with you car
My phone now stays connected! Hope you have similar success. If for whatever reason you have unrelated issues just rename the bluetoothpbab file and reboot. Best of luck.
I guess that's the only step I was missing from my fix. The rest is pretty much what I suggested.
Then again, I don't really use bluetooth so...