Originally Posted by acanadian
From the reading I have done it looks like the best way to update the LG Shine Plus from 2.1 to 2.3.3 is to flash the phone from the v10d version that I have now to the v20a radio and the KDZ file
LG has taken off thier site by using the method that karendar came up with. After upgrading to the v20a radio then I flash to the v8 rom.
If this is the way to actually upgrade to the 2.3.3 rom I hope that someone will upload the KDZ file.
If this is not the way to upgrade to the 2.3.3 rom and I have been going around in circles, if someone could let me know and let me know the steps it would be awesome.
I got your PM, the only method is actually to update with this method:
Foolproof Guide for restoring a bricked Shine Plus
I'll upload the full KDZ for v20a... Keep in mind that you can't roll back to v10d if you don't like v20a, as the radio won't let you reupdate to v10d without bricking the phone, rendering it useless.
I'd recommend v20a just because you can:
1) Overclock with Jiilik's custom kernel
2) Add stability and custom theming (Extended power menu, CRT off, themes, etc.)
3) Add app2SD support to bypass the space limitations the phone has
4) overall snappier interface
5) Better battery life in Jiilik and my custom ROMs.
Disadvantages of v20a:
1) It misses some calls because it doesn't ring sometimes
2) Has bluetooth pairing issues (Someone posted a possible fix to complete my initial fix in the forums)
3) Screen freezes on wifi randomly
LG is aware of the issue and they've been giving me the usual runaround (WE HAVE A FIX WE JUST DON'T WANNA RELEASE IT)
Will add link shortly.
There you go...