May 29th, 2012, 03:53 PM
Thread Author (OP)
Join Date: Aug 2010
Carrier: Not Provided
Thanked 176 Times in 68 Posts
How To Fix LG Spectrum Screen
If you are planning to repair the damaged screen of your LG Spectrum, follow this step by step repair guide and your phone will work like as new again.
This guide will help you install the following LG Spectrum parts(s):
- LG Spectrum Touch Screen Digitizer Replacement
- And Other LG Spectrum Replacement Parts
- Safe Open Pry Tool
- Adhesive Strip
- Small Phillips Screwdriver
- First step is to remove the back battery cover, the battery, the sim card, and the memory card.
- Using a small Phillips screwdriver, remove the eleven (11) screws as shown on figure 1.
- Use a safe pry tool and gently pry around all the edges to release the clips holding the back housing assembly in place. Fully remove the back housing.
- The motherboard is now expose, release the eight (8) flex cables using a safe pry tool and gently lift all the cables. Once all the connectors are release, you can now start separating the motherboard from the device. Remove the motherboard.
- Release the LCD flex cable from the back housing including the gold cable using a safe pry tool. Also release the touch screen flex cable and remove the audio headphone jack.
- Remove the remaining two (2) small Phillips screws.
- Next, use a safe pry tool to begin prying away the screen assembly from the housing. Be careful not to damage the attached touch screen and LCD flex cable. Remove the housing from the screen assembly.
- Now start gently prying away the LCD screen from the touch screen assembly. Be careful with the lower portion of the LCD screen as it is held in place with adhesive. The LCD screen can then be fully removed and replaced if necessary.
- To separate the touch screen from the screen assembly, use a heat gun or hair dryer to soften the adhesive. Then gently pry around all the edges using a safe pry tool. Be careful working around the keypad buttons as it is attached with a little adhesive. You can now replace the touch screen digitizer.
Reverse the instructions above to reassemble your phone.
Last edited by repairsuniverse; May 29th, 2012 at 03:58 PM.