November 22nd, 2012, 09:07 PM
Thread Author (OP)
Join Date: Mar 2011
Device(s): LG G3,
LG G2 (wife),
Motorola Xoom LTE
Carrier: Not Provided
Thanked 2 Times in 1 Post
My upgrade from Spectrum 1 to Spectrum 2. WOW!
I originally got my LG Spectrum 1 on launch day in January. I got it for its beautiful screen which at the time had the highest pixel density. I didn't like
1) battery was terrible (6 hrs with moderate use)
2) occassional data drop (requiring multiple refresh) despite 2 bars of signal
3) length of time to switch to cellular data after wifi drop
4) length of time to restore data after dormancy
5) after ICS upgrade, cellular connection would disappear with long dormancy and only return after soft reset. A refurbished replacement from verizon had the same problem.
I recently upgraded to the LG Spectrum 2. I am extremely happy.
1) Bigger 4.7" screen in the same external dimensions
2) Bigger battery and probably improved battery optimization now lasts all day (10 hrs) on one charge with moderate use.
3) faster performance with new qualcomm chip and more ram
4) improved cellular reception
5) decreased time to switch from wifi to cellular data
6) much better looks
7) nfc and qi wireless charging
Essentially, almost every complaint i had with the original, is fixed.
I don't think there is a better phone at VZW at this price point by a wide margin.
btw, the battery is interchangeable with my spectrum 1.
Last edited by balefire; November 22nd, 2012 at 10:19 PM.