Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > LG Spirit 4G

Like Tree309Likes

test: Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old February 4th, 2013, 03:08 AM   #551 (permalink)
Linux Guru
 
Sepero's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 946
 
Device(s): LG Motion 4G
Carrier: MetroPCS

Thanks: 1,173
Thanked 579 Times in 227 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shabbypenguin View Post
its due to the smaller screen, you use the same gpu but push out less than an eighth the amount of pixels
Exactly. A lot of people don't seem to get this. Two devices can have the exact same GPU, and the one with the smaller screen will have a "better" GPU score.
Gman9831, twogbsd and 1Andrew like this.

Advertisements
Sepero is offline  
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old February 4th, 2013, 08:55 PM   #552 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: texas
Gender: Male
Posts: 33
 
Device(s): Samsung admire, lg motion. Samsung galaxy s3
Carrier: MetroPcs

Thanks: 1
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Does anynody know when the price of the galaxy s3 is going to drop?
Guitarkidd is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old February 4th, 2013, 09:09 PM   #553 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
twogbsd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: ▂▃▅▆█
Gender: Male
Posts: 2,013
 
Device(s): LG L70, LG Motion 4G, Three Sammy Admires, Galaxy Tab 2 7.0, Nextbook tablet, Kyocera Hydro.
Carrier: T-Metro

Thanks: 853
Thanked 483 Times in 330 Posts
Default Re: LG SPIRIT 4G (MS870) expozed!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guitarkidd View Post
Does anynody know when the price of the galaxy s3 is going to drop?
Not for a while...
twogbsd is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to twogbsd For This Useful Post:
Sepero (February 4th, 2013)
Old February 5th, 2013, 07:23 AM   #554 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: texas
Gender: Male
Posts: 33
 
Device(s): Samsung admire, lg motion. Samsung galaxy s3
Carrier: MetroPcs

Thanks: 1
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2GigayteSD View Post
Not for a while...
I hope soon.
Guitarkidd is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old February 5th, 2013, 08:11 AM   #555 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 667
 
Device(s): Samsung Admire, Huawei Ascend, Lg Esteem MS910, LG Connect MS840, LG Motion 4G, GALAXY S3. MPCS
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 100
Thanked 156 Times in 101 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sepero View Post
Exactly. A lot of people don't seem to get this. Two devices can have the exact same GPU, and the one with the smaller screen will have a "better" GPU score.
Thanks I know that too, lol the irony I was telling my friends the same thing last night trying to explain to them that the bigger screen and resolution takes more power for s3. But one thing I will say for sure Optimus 3.0 is way smoother then Touchwiz
dulal18 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old February 5th, 2013, 08:28 PM   #556 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 542
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 169
Thanked 108 Times in 62 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dulal18 View Post
Thanks I know that too, lol the irony I was telling my friends the same thing last night trying to explain to them that the bigger screen and resolution takes more power for s3. But one thing I will say for sure Optimus 3.0 is way smoother then Touchwiz
If i could pick from Optimus 3.0 or touchwiz 5, i'd pick touchwiz just because i like the way it's a mix of Gingerbread colors with ICS looks.
__________________
Ubercharrge is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old February 5th, 2013, 11:09 PM   #557 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 667
 
Device(s): Samsung Admire, Huawei Ascend, Lg Esteem MS910, LG Connect MS840, LG Motion 4G, GALAXY S3. MPCS
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 100
Thanked 156 Times in 101 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ubercharrge View Post
If i could pick from Optimus 3.0 or touchwiz 5, i'd pick touchwiz just because i like the way it's a mix of Gingerbread colors with ICS looks.
Same here, but for now I would pick optimus its so much faster and smoother. Gs3 is a beast, but Samsung is not doing good with thier touchwiz
Ubercharrge likes this.
dulal18 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old February 6th, 2013, 01:41 AM   #558 (permalink)
ROM Developer
 
GameTheory's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: ???
Gender: Male
Posts: 2,833
 
Device(s): [Optimus F6 Xperion ROM] [Spirit 4G Samurai ROM] [Galaxy S3 4.3 Stock]
Carrier: Metro pcs $60 plan

Thanks: 418
Thanked 2,037 Times in 940 Posts
Default LED Notification lights?

Can anyone confirm if this phone has notification lights. Or is mine broken? I'm not getting any for messages or while charging.

Thanks
__________________
Free Apps
GameTheory is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old February 6th, 2013, 02:30 AM   #559 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Gender: Male
Posts: 223
 
Device(s): Moto X
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 44
Thanked 40 Times in 27 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GameTheory View Post
Can anyone confirm if this phone has notification lights. Or is mine broken? I'm not getting any for messages or while charging.

Thanks
It does not have a notification light. The only other thing I could "complain" about is the camera. I wish it was as good as the one on my old dinc2.
GameTheory likes this.
Spdfreak34 is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Spdfreak34 For This Useful Post:
GameTheory (February 6th, 2013)
Old February 6th, 2013, 02:42 AM   #560 (permalink)
ROM Developer
 
GameTheory's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: ???
Gender: Male
Posts: 2,833
 
Device(s): [Optimus F6 Xperion ROM] [Spirit 4G Samurai ROM] [Galaxy S3 4.3 Stock]
Carrier: Metro pcs $60 plan

Thanks: 418
Thanked 2,037 Times in 940 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spdfreak34 View Post
It does not have a notification light. The only other thing I could "complain" about is the camera. I wish it was as good as the one on my old dinc2.
Thanks dude, I can sleep in piece now. LOL Thought mine was broken.
+1 Camera does suck & no LED's. Was hoping camera would be up to par with LG Esteem at least. Guess can't complain for $199 bucks. CPU kicks a$$.
twogbsd likes this.
GameTheory is offline  
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old February 6th, 2013, 08:00 AM   #561 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
alfick3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: DFW, TX
Gender: Male
Posts: 2,294
 
Device(s): Moto G
Carrier: MetroPCS

Thanks: 1,249
Thanked 284 Times in 244 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GameTheory View Post
Can anyone confirm if this phone has notification lights. Or is mine broken? I'm not getting any for messages or while charging.

Thanks
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spdfreak34 View Post
It does not have a notification light. The only other thing I could "complain" about is the camera. I wish it was as good as the one on my old dinc2.
Yeah, I don't know of any Metro LG phones that have the notification lights.
__________________
My phones (current to 1st): Moto G, Alcatel OneTouch Evolve, LG Motion 4G, LG Optimus M+, LG Optimus M
alfick3 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old February 6th, 2013, 08:27 AM   #562 (permalink)
Member
 
Mikito1976's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Orlando, Florida/Ponce, Puerto Rico
Gender: Male
Posts: 251
 
Device(s): SeroPro7(Now) MotoGLTE(Now) AlcatelFierce(Ret) Nexus5(Ret) LGSpirit(Ret) LG Esteem(Ret) OptimusM(Ret
Carrier: Metro PCS

Thanks: 192
Thanked 95 Times in 70 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by alfick3 View Post
Yeah, I don't know of any Metro LG phones that have the notification lights.

The LG Esteem have it.
GameTheory likes this.
Mikito1976 is online now  
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Mikito1976 For This Useful Post:
alfick3 (February 6th, 2013)
Old February 6th, 2013, 08:37 AM   #563 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
OcalaFlGuy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Paroled, but my POs are watching and listening...
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,928
 
Device(s): LG Nexus 4-16G LG Spirit (Sold) LG Motion (Sold), 2 DroidX (Sold)
Carrier: TMetroPCS

Thanks: 182
Thanked 410 Times in 331 Posts
Default

I think no notie lights is asinine. I know that damn light has to cost all of a nickel.

Contrary to popular belief, there ARE people who have better things to do than have their face buried in their phones all day long and can't GET those calls and texts real time.

Having a light to show you you missed one without waking the phone seems like it should be standard to me. I miss it on the Motion, even my Gen 1 Droid X has one that is programmable for a different color for each notification.

There is Absolutely NO EXCUSE for there not being one on almost a $300 phone.

Bruce in Ocala, FL
OcalaFlGuy is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to OcalaFlGuy For This Useful Post:
KevinVincent (November 24th, 2013), LeeoJohnson (February 11th, 2013)
Old February 6th, 2013, 08:51 AM   #564 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
alfick3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: DFW, TX
Gender: Male
Posts: 2,294
 
Device(s): Moto G
Carrier: MetroPCS

Thanks: 1,249
Thanked 284 Times in 244 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikito1976 View Post
The LG Esteem have it.
Thanks. I wasn't aware of the Esteem having the lights. I never got it, so really never looked at it.
alfick3 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old February 6th, 2013, 10:07 AM   #565 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 53
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 3
Thanked 14 Times in 6 Posts
Default

You can't have everything on a lower cost phone.
I tend to look at the Spirit for everything it CAN DO
for a significantly lower cost than, say, the S III, than
to dismiss it's viability because it is missing notification lights.
Personally I place little value weight on absence of the lights.

The notification lights on my previous Samsung Galaxy (Sprint)
were always sloppy anyhow..
Epicblaze is offline  
Last edited by Epicblaze; February 6th, 2013 at 10:28 AM.
Reply With Quote
Old February 6th, 2013, 10:41 AM   #566 (permalink)
Member
 
NeXuS4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 348
 
Device(s): Nexus4
Carrier: T-Mobile

Thanks: 10
Thanked 33 Times in 25 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pootie Tang View Post
I love how they toss all those ads in the review. No wonder I never read their stuff.
NeXuS4 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old February 6th, 2013, 02:07 PM   #567 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
MotoTriumphant's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 655
 
Device(s): Rooted Lg Optimus V, Rooted Motorola Triumph, Rooted LG Connect, Rooted Lg Motion(current)
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 300
Thanked 53 Times in 34 Posts
Default Re: LG SPIRIT 4G (MS870) expozed!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by OcalaFlGuy View Post
I think no notie lights is asinine. I know that damn light has to cost all of a nickel.

Contrary to popular belief, there ARE people who have better things to do than have their face buried in their phones all day long and can't GET those calls and texts real time.

Having a light to show you you missed one without waking the phone seems like it should be standard to me. I miss it on the Motion, even my Gen 1 Droid X has one that is programmable for a different color for each notification.

There is Absolutely NO EXCUSE for there not being one on almost a $300 phone.

Bruce in Ocala, FL
The motion has a notification light? Lol
MotoTriumphant is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old February 6th, 2013, 02:27 PM   #568 (permalink)
Member
 
Mikito1976's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Orlando, Florida/Ponce, Puerto Rico
Gender: Male
Posts: 251
 
Device(s): SeroPro7(Now) MotoGLTE(Now) AlcatelFierce(Ret) Nexus5(Ret) LGSpirit(Ret) LG Esteem(Ret) OptimusM(Ret
Carrier: Metro PCS

Thanks: 192
Thanked 95 Times in 70 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by alfick3 View Post
Thanks. I wasn't aware of the Esteem having the lights. I never got it, so really never looked at it.
You are welcome.

Now for those that don't have a notification light, there's an app called NoLed and you guys should give it a try. For what it's worth, free, it's really good. I think that sometimes it's even better than the light, so go ahead to the play store and check it out and let me know if it worked for you.
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.led.notify
Shabbypenguin and GameTheory like this.
Mikito1976 is online now  
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Mikito1976 For This Useful Post:
GameTheory (February 6th, 2013)
Old February 6th, 2013, 02:42 PM   #569 (permalink)
ROM Developer
 
GameTheory's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: ???
Gender: Male
Posts: 2,833
 
Device(s): [Optimus F6 Xperion ROM] [Spirit 4G Samurai ROM] [Galaxy S3 4.3 Stock]
Carrier: Metro pcs $60 plan

Thanks: 418
Thanked 2,037 Times in 940 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikito1976 View Post
Now for those that don't have a notification light, there's an app called NoLed and you guys should give it a try. For what it's worth, free, it's really good. I think that sometimes it's even better than the light, so go ahead to the play store and check it out and let me know if it worked for you.
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.led.notify
Haha... Good one. Exactly what I needed.
Thanks
GameTheory is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old February 6th, 2013, 04:36 PM   #570 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
alfick3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: DFW, TX
Gender: Male
Posts: 2,294
 
Device(s): Moto G
Carrier: MetroPCS

Thanks: 1,249
Thanked 284 Times in 244 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikito1976 View Post
You are welcome.

Now for those that don't have a notification light, there's an app called NoLed and you guys should give it a try. For what it's worth, free, it's really good. I think that sometimes it's even better than the light, so go ahead to the play store and check it out and let me know if it worked for you.
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.led.notify
Quote:
Originally Posted by GameTheory View Post
Haha... Good one. Exactly what I needed.
Thanks
I tried that on my OM+ for a couple of months, and it ate up my battery life. With the little icon on the screen, it considered my screen to be on and my battery died really fast. I had a screen on time that was really high if I didn't notice the icon and clear it.
GameTheory likes this.
alfick3 is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to alfick3 For This Useful Post:
GameTheory (February 6th, 2013)
sponsored links
Old February 6th, 2013, 04:59 PM   #571 (permalink)
ROM Developer
 
GameTheory's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: ???
Gender: Male
Posts: 2,833
 
Device(s): [Optimus F6 Xperion ROM] [Spirit 4G Samurai ROM] [Galaxy S3 4.3 Stock]
Carrier: Metro pcs $60 plan

Thanks: 418
Thanked 2,037 Times in 940 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by alfick3 View Post
I tried that on my OM+ for a couple of months, and it ate up my battery life. With the little icon on the screen, it considered my screen to be on and my battery died really fast. I had a screen on time that was really high if I didn't notice the icon and clear it.
Thanks for the heads up.
What you say makes perfect sense. I will pass on this, but thanks to Mikito1976 for mentioning it... It was worth a shot.
GameTheory is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old February 6th, 2013, 05:00 PM   #572 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
alfick3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: DFW, TX
Gender: Male
Posts: 2,294
 
Device(s): Moto G
Carrier: MetroPCS

Thanks: 1,249
Thanked 284 Times in 244 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GameTheory View Post
Thanks for the heads up.
What you say makes perfect sense. I will pass on this, but thanks to Mikito1976 for mentioning it... It was worth a shot.
You're welcome.
alfick3 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old February 6th, 2013, 05:15 PM   #573 (permalink)
I'm no Senior
 
Gman9831's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: South Florida
Posts: 2,972
 
Device(s): Note 3
Carrier: T-Mobile

Thanks: 172
Thanked 987 Times in 677 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by OcalaFlGuy View Post
I know that damn light has to cost all of a nickel.
Lol I think it's like 7 cents
Gman9831 is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old February 6th, 2013, 05:40 PM   #574 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
OcalaFlGuy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Paroled, but my POs are watching and listening...
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,928
 
Device(s): LG Nexus 4-16G LG Spirit (Sold) LG Motion (Sold), 2 DroidX (Sold)
Carrier: TMetroPCS

Thanks: 182
Thanked 410 Times in 331 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by alfick3 View Post
I tried that on my OM+ for a couple of months, and it ate up my battery life. With the little icon on the screen, it considered my screen to be on and my battery died really fast. I had a screen on time that was really high if I didn't notice the icon and clear it.
With no diss meant, that's sounds more like operator error than app error to me.

To me, if you're going to be away from the phone for long enough for the screen drain to be an issue, you shouldn't have the app turned on. You won't be there to see it anyway. You can also set the app to sleep when you do.

I am fairly observant when my phone IS around, the screen won't have to stay on long I don't think.

And, for those that may be near but not within seeing range of their phone, you can even set an Audio notification that repeats that you have a NoLED alert on your screen. You only have to be within earshot to know you missed a call/text/etc;

Sounds to me that if it's a bad battery drain, you're not using it right.

Bruce in Ocala, FL
OcalaFlGuy is offline  
Last edited by OcalaFlGuy; February 6th, 2013 at 05:47 PM.
Reply With Quote
Old February 6th, 2013, 05:43 PM   #575 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
alfick3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: DFW, TX
Gender: Male
Posts: 2,294
 
Device(s): Moto G
Carrier: MetroPCS

Thanks: 1,249
Thanked 284 Times in 244 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by OcalaFlGuy View Post
With no diss meant, that's sounds more like operator error than app error to me.

To me, if you're going to be away from the phone for long enough for the screen drain to be an issue, you shouldn't have the app turned on. You won't be there to see it anyway. You can also set the app to sleep when you do.

I am fairly observant when my phone IS around, the screen won't have to stay on long I don't think.

And, for the duller knives in the drawer, you can even set an Audio notification that repeats that you have a NoLED alert on your screen. You only have to be within earshot to know you missed a call/text/etc;

Sounds to me that if it's a bad battery drain, you're not using it right.

Bruce in Ocala, FL

Be that as it may, that is my experience with it. No offense taken.
alfick3 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old February 6th, 2013, 06:34 PM   #576 (permalink)
Member
 
Mikito1976's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Orlando, Florida/Ponce, Puerto Rico
Gender: Male
Posts: 251
 
Device(s): SeroPro7(Now) MotoGLTE(Now) AlcatelFierce(Ret) Nexus5(Ret) LGSpirit(Ret) LG Esteem(Ret) OptimusM(Ret
Carrier: Metro PCS

Thanks: 192
Thanked 95 Times in 70 Posts
Default

Alfick3, have you used it lately, I'm asking cuz the dev is pretty good keeping up with updates, and it has lots of customization, there's a section for battery saving. Just saying if you haven't use it in a while, I did used to use it with my Optimus(Reppard build) back in the day and I still use it on my nook and I don't have that battery problem. But again not all phones are build the same. Just giving it another shot if you haven't.
Mikito1976 is online now  
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Mikito1976 For This Useful Post:
alfick3 (February 6th, 2013)
Old February 6th, 2013, 07:11 PM   #577 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
alfick3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: DFW, TX
Gender: Male
Posts: 2,294
 
Device(s): Moto G
Carrier: MetroPCS

Thanks: 1,249
Thanked 284 Times in 244 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikito1976 View Post
Alfick3, have you used it lately, I'm asking cuz the dev is pretty good keeping up with updates, and it has lots of customization, there's a section for battery saving. Just saying if you haven't use it in a while, I did used to use it with my Optimus(Reppard build) back in the day and I still use it on my nook and I don't have that battery problem. But again not all phones are build the same. Just giving it another shot if you haven't.

No I haven't tried it recently; probably 5 or 6 months.
alfick3 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old February 10th, 2013, 10:51 PM   #578 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: texas
Gender: Male
Posts: 33
 
Device(s): Samsung admire, lg motion. Samsung galaxy s3
Carrier: MetroPcs

Thanks: 1
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Is metro pcs having any sales for presidents day?
Guitarkidd is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old February 11th, 2013, 01:52 PM   #579 (permalink)
Member
 
LeeoJohnson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Tampa FL
Posts: 162
 
Device(s): Huawei Ascend 2.2, LG Esteem, LG Spirit 4G, Samsung Galaxy S3, Samsung Galaxy Mega
Carrier: MetroPCS

Thanks: 193
Thanked 14 Times in 11 Posts
Default

I mean, I'm loving the phone. But I would have much rathered an 'Esteem 2' of sorts; bulky (same size) , more Ram, faster processor, ICS, slightly larger screen and a notification light! (etc).. Sigh. One can dream. I'll always love you, Esteem.

(Damn thing is still 400 bucks lol)
LeeoJohnson is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old February 11th, 2013, 01:53 PM   #580 (permalink)
LG Whiz Kid
 
sammyz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Pompano Beach, Fl
Gender: Male
Posts: 8,717
 
Device(s): LG Motion 4G---- LG Optimus L9
Carrier: MetroPCS

Thanks: 2,169
Thanked 2,323 Times in 1,512 Posts
Default Re: LG SPIRIT 4G (MS870) expozed!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeeoJohnson View Post
(Damn thing is still 400 bucks lol)
You just made me lol
__________________
Ok, you want help? I am here to help. But if you can't read, I can't really help you.
Why on earth would anyone help someone who does not read? This is a forum, the purpose of it is to read.
sammyz is online now  
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to sammyz For This Useful Post:
LeeoJohnson (February 12th, 2013)
sponsored links
Old February 11th, 2013, 02:52 PM   #581 (permalink)
Chemist
 
h4x0rj3ff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Tri-Cities, Michigan
Gender: Male
Posts: 2,563
 
Device(s): SGS3 16GB - CM11 Nightlies, Nexus 7 16GB (2012) - CM10.2 Nightlies
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

Thanks: 499
Thanked 875 Times in 502 Posts
h4x0rj3ff@gmail.com
Default Re: LG SPIRIT 4G (MS870) expozed!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeeoJohnson View Post
I mean, I'm loving the phone. But I would have much rathered an 'Esteem 2' of sorts; bulky (same size) , more Ram, faster processor, ICS, slightly larger screen and a notification light! (etc).. Sigh. One can dream. I'll always love you, Esteem.

(Damn thing is still 400 bucks lol)
There already is an "esteem 2" its the vs920 splendor through Verizon...
sammyz likes this.
__________________
[SIGPIC]Hi Everyone!!![/SIGPIC]
h4x0rj3ff is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old February 11th, 2013, 04:01 PM   #582 (permalink)
I'm no Senior
 
Gman9831's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: South Florida
Posts: 2,972
 
Device(s): Note 3
Carrier: T-Mobile

Thanks: 172
Thanked 987 Times in 677 Posts
Default Re: LG SPIRIT 4G (MS870) expozed!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by h4x0rj3ff View Post
There already is an "esteem 2" its the vs920 splendor through Verizon...
I think that's the spectrum
Gman9831 is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old February 11th, 2013, 04:36 PM   #583 (permalink)
LG Whiz Kid
 
sammyz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Pompano Beach, Fl
Gender: Male
Posts: 8,717
 
Device(s): LG Motion 4G---- LG Optimus L9
Carrier: MetroPCS

Thanks: 2,169
Thanked 2,323 Times in 1,512 Posts
Default Re: LG SPIRIT 4G (MS870) expozed!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gman9831 View Post
I think that's the spectrum
Yea it is.
sammyz is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old February 11th, 2013, 04:57 PM   #584 (permalink)
Chemist
 
h4x0rj3ff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Tri-Cities, Michigan
Gender: Male
Posts: 2,563
 
Device(s): SGS3 16GB - CM11 Nightlies, Nexus 7 16GB (2012) - CM10.2 Nightlies
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

Thanks: 499
Thanked 875 Times in 502 Posts
h4x0rj3ff@gmail.com
Default Re: LG SPIRIT 4G (MS870) expozed!!

O whoops yeah I thought that sounded a little funny. Its the spectrum lol
h4x0rj3ff is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old February 11th, 2013, 05:55 PM   #585 (permalink)
LG Whiz Kid
 
sammyz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Pompano Beach, Fl
Gender: Male
Posts: 8,717
 
Device(s): LG Motion 4G---- LG Optimus L9
Carrier: MetroPCS

Thanks: 2,169
Thanked 2,323 Times in 1,512 Posts
Default Re: LG SPIRIT 4G (MS870) expozed!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by h4x0rj3ff View Post
O whoops yeah I thought that sounded a little funny. Its the spectrum lol
I think there is a splendor phone though
sammyz is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old February 13th, 2013, 07:21 PM   #586 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 247
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 4
Thanked 16 Times in 15 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gman9831 View Post
Lol I think it's like 7 cents
But the blue LEDs can be up to 9 cents.....2 weeks salary in China.

Has anyone checked the CPU on Sprit-assume it's really 1.5 Ghz. like the Motion .
robertkoa is offline  
Last edited by robertkoa; February 13th, 2013 at 07:23 PM.
Reply With Quote
Old February 13th, 2013, 08:00 PM   #587 (permalink)
ROM Developer
 
GameTheory's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: ???
Gender: Male
Posts: 2,833
 
Device(s): [Optimus F6 Xperion ROM] [Spirit 4G Samurai ROM] [Galaxy S3 4.3 Stock]
Carrier: Metro pcs $60 plan

Thanks: 418
Thanked 2,037 Times in 940 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by robertkoa View Post
But the blue LEDs can be up to 9 cents.....2 weeks salary in China.

Has anyone checked the CPU on Sprit-assume it's really 1.5 Ghz. like the Motion .
1.5ghz snapdragon

edit: never mind saw your other post.
GameTheory is offline  
Last edited by GameTheory; October 25th, 2013 at 09:07 PM.
Reply With Quote
Old March 4th, 2013, 05:24 PM   #588 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 23
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 2
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

so the verizon version of the spirit 4g is going to be the optimus f5 rebranded as the lg lucid 2. strangely it has the **870 model number with vs for verizon. i wonder what the cricket wireless version is going to be since it has the lw870 model number.

http://www.phonearena.com/news/Verizon-to-release-LG-Optimus-F5-as-LG-Lucid-2_id40464
scarface87 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply

LG Spirit 4G
Current Rating:
Rate this Phone:

The LG Spirit is a mid-end device with a bit of a stronger punch. The device doesn't do bad with a 4.5-inch screen, Android 4.0 and a 1.2 GHz processor. All for $200 after a $70 mail-in rebate (no contract) from Metro PCS. Not a bad deal if you... Read More



Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > LG Spirit 4G
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:07 AM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.