April 12th, 2012, 03:30 PM
Thread Author (OP)
Join Date: Aug 2010
Carrier: Not Provided
Thanked 173 Times in 67 Posts
LG Thrill 4G Screen Repair Guide
Follow this written repair guide on how to take apart your LG Thrill 4G. This is a step by step procedure that will help you to disassemble your LG Thrill to a certain point, replace the parts which are not working and then put it back together again by simply reversing the instruction.
This guide will help you to install the LG Thrill 4G part(s):
- LG Thrill 4G Touch Screen Digitizer Replacement
- And Other LG Thrill 4G Parts
- Small Phillips Screwdriver
- Safe Open Pry Tool
- Adhesive Strips (For Touch Screen Replacements)
- Heat Gun / Hair dryer
LG Thrill 4G Disassembly Guide:
- First, power off your phone then remove the back battery cover, the battery, the sim card, and the memory card.
- Now, remove the nine (9) screws on the back of the cover using a small Phillips screwdriver shown in Figure 1.
- You can remove the back housing by simply prying all the corners using a safe pry tool. Run the tool around the whole length of the bindings in order to free the plastic latches shown at Figure 2.
- Set aside the power, volume and side button after removing from the housing.
- Disconnect the three (3) flex cables located at Figure 3 suing safe pry tool. After disconnecting, you can start raising the sim card board from the motherboard (green).
- Remove the remaining three (3) cables from the motherboard placed in red circles on Figure 4. Also release the power and volume button flex cables (placed in yellow) from the housing.
- You can now remove the motherboard.
- Heat the front of the phone using hair dryer or heat gun to loosen the held adhesive that holds the LCD screen and the touch screen. You can start prying along the seam to separate the two pieces using a safe pry tool.
You can now change any parts on your LG Thrill 4G. Simply change the damaged parts with the new ones and reverse the instruction to put it back together.