I have actually have found a version of Adobe flash player that works on my LG Thrive, and it does not require a rooted phone, but you will have to go through the secret menu on your phone and enable Installation of apps from unknown sources. Here is a step-by-step guide to doing this and installing Adobe flash player.
- First you need to enter the phone's secret menu by dialing 3845#*506# ; then select the next to last option on the list "Unknown Sources Test" then tick the Unknown Sources check box and return to the home screen.
- Download the Adobe Flash Player from here: Adobe Flash Player 10.1.106.15
- Transfer the file to your phone.
- Then install it (if you do not already have an app installer just search for "Easy Installer" on the Google market and download it, then use it to install the adobe flash player).
- Now you should have adobe flash access on your LG Thrive (I hope that it will work on all LG Thrives, but it may not.)
This version of adobe flash player works fairly well on my phone, some flash games play almost as well on my phone as on a computer, except for the small screen; some flash games run, but are slow; while some games will not run or will even kick you out of the web site. Some flash games sites, like addicting games.com, will not allow you to enter them because they do not think that the LG Thrive is flash compatible and some sites just do not run very well. I have not tried to play flash videos much but it seems to work alright on the YouTube web site. We cannot download the new version of Adobe flash from the Google market because, for some reason, Adobe does not support the type of processors that are in the LG Thrive and allot of other phones. It is not because they are not powerful enough to run it either, adobe just decided not to support them. Some of the older visions work because I think that adobe was trying to support this possessor type at first, but then for some reason they decided to stop.
This is a old discussion, so I do not know if the original asker “ffoghorn” will see it but maybe this will help someone else who runs on to this discussion while looking for an answer to this question.