April 12th, 2012, 03:41 PM
Thread Author (OP)
Join Date: Aug 2010
Carrier: Not Provided
Thanked 174 Times in 67 Posts
LG Vortex Screen Repair Guide
This written take apart repair guide for LG Vortex VS660 will help you on how to take apart your phone fairly easily in a step by step manner giving you a chance to change faulty parts on your phone. Simply reverse the instruction after replacing the damaged part to put it back together.
This guide will help you to install the following LG Vortex VS660 parts:
- LG Vortex VS660 Touch Screen Digitizer Replacement
- LG Vortex VS660 LCD Screen Replacement
- Safe Open Pry Tool
- Small Phillips Screwdriver
- Adhesive Strips (For Touch Screen Replacements)
- Heat Gun / Hair Dryer
LG Vortex VS660 Take Apart Repair Guide:
- Begin by powering off your phone and removing the back battery cover, battery, memory card and sim card.
- Use a Small Phillips Screwdriver to remove the six (6) screws as shown at Figure 1.
- Once done releasing the screws, use safe pry tool and start prying between the screen and back housing.
- Release the clips with the use of safe pry tool then remove the back housing as shown in Figure 2.
- With the motherboard exposed, remove the two (2) screws using small Phillips screwdriver as shown at Figure 3.
- Then disconnect the small metal clip.
- Disconnect the pop connectors and cables on the motherboard using safe pry tool placed in yellow in Figure 3.
- Cautiously raise the power button flex and volume button flex cable away from the housing. These will be attached in place with adhesive. Placed in orange in Figure 3.
- Disconnect the vibrator motor wire from the motherboard.
- Raise the black housing holding the vibrate motor and loud speaker using safe pry tool. Move this to the right to have an access to the remaining flex cable pop connector placed in green which must be release.
- Then ease off the motherboard cautiously. Make sure not to rip any cables.
- Remove the LCD screen using safe pry tool. Put the safe pry tool between the edges and gently raise up the LCD.
- The touchscreen digitizer is still attached to the front housing. Use heat gun or hair dryer and heat the front housing with medium heat. Apply quick movements to every corners of the touchscreen to loosen the adhesive.
- After warming the adhesive carefully lift the touchscreen from the housing using a safe pry tool.
Now you start replacing any parts of your LG Vortex VS660. Simply change the damaged parts with the new ones and reverse the instructions to put it back together.