Go Back   Android Forums > Android Development > Developer Forums > liquid0624

Get excited for the Samsung Galaxy S5! Find everything you need and discuss it in our Galaxy S5 Forum!

View Poll Results: Poll closed due to new release for this ROM
5 Star ROM Rating: Elite 28 75.68%
4 Star ROM Rating: Outstanding 6 16.22%
3 Star ROM Rating: Average 2 5.41%
2 Star ROM Rating: Not Ready for Primetime 0 0%
1 Star ROM Rating: Not Usable 1 2.70%
Voters: 37. You may not vote on this poll

test: Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old August 11th, 2010, 06:28 PM   #101 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
digdug1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 1,961
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 147
Thanked 309 Times in 246 Posts
Default

ok this is weird i just tried to install this rom following ub rocked's exact instructions and i got stuck at the M logo?

digdug1 is offline  
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old August 11th, 2010, 06:29 PM   #102 (permalink)
ROM Developer
Thread Author (OP)
 
liquid0624's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 114
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 198 Times in 37 Posts
Default

K will keep that in mind shouldn't be to hard
liquid0624 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old August 11th, 2010, 06:30 PM   #103 (permalink)
ROM Developer
Thread Author (OP)
 
liquid0624's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 114
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 198 Times in 37 Posts
Default

did you wipe data and cache ?
liquid0624 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old August 11th, 2010, 06:35 PM   #104 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
digdug1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 1,961
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 147
Thanked 309 Times in 246 Posts
Default

jeez.... i clicked the wrong dl link lol i just nituced i only downloaded the theme not the rom....
digdug1 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old August 11th, 2010, 06:37 PM   #105 (permalink)
ROM Developer
Thread Author (OP)
 
liquid0624's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 114
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 198 Times in 37 Posts
Default

Don't worry your not the first to do so and im sure you won't be the last
liquid0624 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old August 11th, 2010, 06:43 PM   #106 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
digdug1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 1,961
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 147
Thanked 309 Times in 246 Posts
Default

luckily the first step was make a back up! lol!
digdug1 is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to digdug1 For This Useful Post:
UBRocked (August 11th, 2010)
Old August 11th, 2010, 07:30 PM   #107 (permalink)
Member
 
brocja01's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 225
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 5
Thanked 7 Times in 7 Posts
Default

I'm pretty impressed with this rom. Quite fast.
brocja01 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old August 11th, 2010, 07:34 PM   #108 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
digdug1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 1,961
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 147
Thanked 309 Times in 246 Posts
Default

synching now..


edit: love the boot animation!
digdug1 is offline  
Last edited by digdug1; August 11th, 2010 at 07:50 PM.
Reply With Quote
Old August 11th, 2010, 08:01 PM   #109 (permalink)
Member
 
droid_freak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Idaho
Posts: 199
 
Device(s): Droid Charge HTC TBolt Nook Color
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 33
Thanked 23 Times in 18 Posts
Send a message via Yahoo to droid_freak rob.cude@gmail.com
Default

What a great improvement, after reading all the positive comments I flashed it yesterday with the stock kernel and runs like a dream. Not your issue but "Do have to say I have never had so much trouble with ROM Manager, had to alt flash and reflash clockwork to ever get back to boot so I could put the theme on". I just flashed the Chevy ULV1.25 and it runs like a dream so far will no more tomorrow but this is a first for my Droid. Never, with any ROM been able to get over 1.2GHz, with the same kernels each time. Really like the speed and smoothness, and with the crowd you have had testing and commenting on this I can say nothing less but great job.
droid_freak is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to droid_freak For This Useful Post:
UBRocked (August 11th, 2010)
Old August 11th, 2010, 09:36 PM   #110 (permalink)
New Member
 
-AspenSTi-'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Washington
Posts: 13
 
Device(s): Moto Droid
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

just thought i would ask, will there be a new link to a new watermark'd theme? (since he's now in 3.2)
-AspenSTi- is offline  
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old August 11th, 2010, 09:55 PM   #111 (permalink)
VZW Nexus Please!!!
 
UBRocked's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Ohio
Posts: 4,148
 
Device(s): See my signature...this section isn't big enough anymore!
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 1,793
Thanked 1,593 Times in 863 Posts
ubrocked@gmail.com
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by droid_freak View Post
Do have to say I have never had so much trouble with ROM Manager, had to alt flash and reflash clockwork to ever get back to boot so I could put the theme on
SOLUTION!

I've been dealing with the same struggles over and over...ROM after ROM. But I started restoring the data for ROM Manager with Titanium Backup when I load a new ROM...haven't had struggles since then
__________________
Myself: 2014 Kia Soul+, HTC Droid DNA, Motorola Droid Razr M, Nexus 7 (2013), multiple Google TVs
Wife and Kids: Motorola Moto X, Apple iPad 4th Gen, HTC Droid DNA, Nexus 7 (2013), Galaxy Player 4.0,
Retired: Galaxy Nexus, Thunderbolt, Droid Pro, Fascinate, Motorola Droid 1, 3 & 4, Transformer TF101, Galaxy Tab (7" WiFi), Archos 70
UBRocked is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to UBRocked For This Useful Post:
droid_freak (August 12th, 2010)
Old August 11th, 2010, 10:24 PM   #112 (permalink)
VZW Nexus Please!!!
 
UBRocked's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Ohio
Posts: 4,148
 
Device(s): See my signature...this section isn't big enough anymore!
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 1,793
Thanked 1,593 Times in 863 Posts
ubrocked@gmail.com
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by -AspenSTi- View Post
just thought i would ask, will there be a new link to a new watermark'd theme? (since he's now in 3.2)
Liquid is working on some "add-ons" for his ROM. I discussed this with him and he agrees that this is the best (and most realistic) thing to do:

If you want to run Stewart's theme as is (which is very good)...just flash the stock ROM and then apply Stewart's theme (from his thread). If you want Stewart's theme with Liquid's tweaks (black facebook, twitter, google search, calendar, etc. widgets along with the transparency effects) than updates will be made for each ROM Release (changes made and released with 1.3, 1.4, etc. ROM versions)

Edit: It's Stewart's theme regardless of which version you are using...but the one you can download with the ROM is simply tweaked. Just want everyone to know...he is not trying to "re-do" Stewart's theme.

I can tell you that a patch will be released soon (next day or so) that will fix the Facebook widget, and you will see some other modifications to the themes added as well. I'm testing it now...it looks REALLY good! Sometimes it's good to be a tester...when you're not in & out of recovery all day! LOL

Thoughts?
UBRocked is offline  
Last edited by UBRocked; August 11th, 2010 at 10:27 PM.
Reply With Quote
Old August 11th, 2010, 10:37 PM   #113 (permalink)
VZW Nexus Please!!!
 
UBRocked's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Ohio
Posts: 4,148
 
Device(s): See my signature...this section isn't big enough anymore!
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 1,793
Thanked 1,593 Times in 863 Posts
ubrocked@gmail.com
Default

Afterthought from a ROM addict...

Having Liquid making a black "version" of Stewart's widgets gives us all more choices. If you would prefer Stewart's white version of his Facbook widget but want everything else to stay black...you could just replace the Facebook.apk in Liquid's Watermark'D theme listed and with the one from Stewart's thread. That is a great option to have!!!

Thanks to both of them for being able to work together (in a matter of speaking) without ego's getting in the way. These two devs are definitely concerned with user satisfaction!

If you can donate to them, that would be appreciated! These guys work their asses off for us!

Not trying to sound like a telethon...I'm just saying it's a good way to say thanks. We get much less from most apps in the Market than we do from them
UBRocked is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old August 11th, 2010, 10:40 PM   #114 (permalink)
Usually off topic
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: FG
Posts: 10,465
 
Device(s): Gnex N7
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 2,166
Thanked 4,976 Times in 3,268 Posts
Default

I was listening to music using the droid speaker and lost the sound from the music app for about 10 minutes...I did flash the equalizer earlier but did not have it enabled. I've also listened to doggcatcher all day at work (headphones with equalizer enabled) and did not experience this. Anyone else have this happen?
Yeahha is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old August 11th, 2010, 10:45 PM   #115 (permalink)
Member
 
Pfilly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Wisconsin by way of Philadelphia
Posts: 348
 
Device(s): Blackberry 8330, Moto Droid, HTC Incredible, Droid 2
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 86
Thanked 28 Times in 17 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by UBRocked View Post
Liquid is working on some "add-ons" for his ROM. I discussed this with him and he agrees that this is the best (and most realistic) thing to do:

If you want to run Stewart's theme as is (which is very good)...just flash the stock ROM and then apply Stewart's theme (from his thread). If you want Stewart's theme with Liquid's tweaks (black facebook, twitter, google search, calendar, etc. widgets along with the transparency effects) than updates will be made for each ROM Release (changes made and released with 1.3, 1.4, etc. ROM versions)

Edit: It's Stewart's theme regardless of which version you are using...but the one you can download with the ROM is simply tweaked. Just want everyone to know...he is not trying to "re-do" Stewart's theme.

I can tell you that a patch will be released soon (next day or so) that will fix the Facebook widget, and you will see some other modifications to the themes added as well. I'm testing it now...it looks REALLY good! Sometimes it's good to be a tester...when you're not in & out of recovery all day! LOL

Thoughts?
Testing it out also. Facebook looks great but wont update. I'm gonna assume it's because we would lose the theme. Yeah, that's the genius that is liquid.
__________________
Droid X2
Stock GB
Experienced in sales? PM me or sign up at:
http://www.ontime1405.com/
http://connectusystems.com/
Pfilly is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old August 11th, 2010, 10:47 PM   #116 (permalink)
VZW Nexus Please!!!
 
UBRocked's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Ohio
Posts: 4,148
 
Device(s): See my signature...this section isn't big enough anymore!
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 1,793
Thanked 1,593 Times in 863 Posts
ubrocked@gmail.com
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeahha View Post
I was listening to music using the droid speaker and lost the sound from the music app for about 10 minutes...I did flash the equalizer earlier but did not have it enabled. I've also listened to doggcatcher all day at work (headphones with equalizer enabled) and did not experience this. Anyone else have this happen?
I had that happen when I was taking a few screenshots. I took a screenshot and the music stopped. I took another on and it started again. I don't know what could cause that (ROM or App)???

Edit...I've had it happen using other ROMs when receiving a new email or something like that...strange
UBRocked is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old August 12th, 2010, 01:04 AM   #117 (permalink)
VZW Nexus Please!!!
 
UBRocked's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Ohio
Posts: 4,148
 
Device(s): See my signature...this section isn't big enough anymore!
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 1,793
Thanked 1,593 Times in 863 Posts
ubrocked@gmail.com
Default

Just FYI...

I know some of you were talking about wallpapers. Some of the wallpaper apps have lots of images but they lack quality. Check this site out: Android Wallpaper





There are some good wallpapers with 3D/glass effects that go well with Watermark'D theme!
UBRocked is offline  
Last edited by UBRocked; August 12th, 2010 at 01:14 AM. Reason: added screen shot
Reply With Quote
Old August 12th, 2010, 01:19 AM   #118 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 24
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

Awesome job!! My droid has never run so smoothly before
i'm having some problem with the music player not recognizing artists and losing album covers, but I'll ask about that in the support subforum
white0ut442 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old August 12th, 2010, 04:00 AM   #119 (permalink)
Need Beer and Mustard
 
breadnatty08's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: District of Columbia
Posts: 17,774
 
Device(s): LG G2, Moto G, Galaxy S3, Galaxy Nexus LTE, Nexus 7, HTC Flyer
Carrier: Verizon

Thanks: 5,735
Thanked 5,422 Times in 3,575 Posts
Default

Well, I tried flashing this now twice and have had two separate issues. First time (after formatting data/cache which I don't always do anyway) it seemed like I almost lost root. RM, SetCPU, Root Explorer, none of them would work. The all either never loaded or just gave me errors. I then tried flashing Chevy's 1.2 which I've used on other ROMs fine, but this one would just continue to lock up my phone. Had to battery pull and restore. Second time, I downloaded the same file since perhaps it was a bad download (Watermark'd version) and installed same method. This time I got to the register screen and both had no service and the little Android was unresponsive to any touch. I couldn't even log in. Eh. Back to Lithium.
breadnatty08 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old August 12th, 2010, 08:02 AM   #120 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
jackburnt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Auburn, AL
Posts: 663
 
Device(s): Galaxy Nexus (JB ROM Hopping)
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 36
Thanked 64 Times in 49 Posts
Default

Enjoying the ROM so far. SS is great, but started to redraw bad (perhaps it could be a LP issue, not sure).

This one's speedy.

I don't know if it's the ROM or not, but my slideshow widget's pulling WAY more battery. My battery's at 30% after 19 hours. Slideshow widget is 31% of that total battery pull. I never noticed it on other ROMs, so oh well. I turned it off and battery should be much better.
__________________
I can't say what I want to
Even if I'm not serious.
--Tool
jackburnt is offline  
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old August 12th, 2010, 09:21 AM   #121 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 64
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 1
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Default

Girlluvsdroid where did you get this from?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg CAP2010081013181.jpg (13.9 KB, 18 views)
seadams is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old August 12th, 2010, 09:24 AM   #122 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Wilmington, DE
Posts: 1,307
 
Device(s): Moto Droid Nook Color
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 114
Thanked 516 Times in 295 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by seadams View Post
Girlluvsdroid where did you get this from?
It's in the theme I created for Sweeter Home 2, my home launcher app.
__________________
Droid
Project Elite 6.5 test/CorCor67 PE 1150Mhz SV
Nook Color
Dual boot from eMMC: CM7/Dalingrin OC kernel at 1350Mhz + Nook Color Stock 1.2 rooted
GirLuvsDroid is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old August 12th, 2010, 09:56 AM   #123 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 64
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 1
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GirLuvsDroid View Post
It's in the theme I created for Sweeter Home 2, my home launcher app.
how can i go about getting it?
seadams is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old August 12th, 2010, 10:09 AM   #124 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Wilmington, DE
Posts: 1,307
 
Device(s): Moto Droid Nook Color
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 114
Thanked 516 Times in 295 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by seadams View Post
how can i go about getting it?
Well, if you want to try Sweeter Home 2, you can go to SweeterHome - Start - sweeterhome.com and DL the version for Android 2.0 and later. This home replacement is the most customizable out there, but it's complicated with a pretty steep learning curve, so I advise you to look at the FAQs on the sweeterhome website and watch the how-to videos. Then, if you want my specific theme, go to Menu once you install and open Sweeter Home 2 and select Themes, hit menu again once the themes download and then Search for GirLuvsDroid (there's one theme using my name that isn't mine, which pisses me off, but there are two different choices of themes I've made with buttons organized as they are in the pic you reproduced). You can start from one of those and edit it to make it your own. It's a good idea to check out the hundreds of other themes available, as well, or you can do what I did and start from scratch to make your own.
GirLuvsDroid is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old August 12th, 2010, 10:25 AM   #125 (permalink)
VZW Nexus Please!!!
 
UBRocked's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Ohio
Posts: 4,148
 
Device(s): See my signature...this section isn't big enough anymore!
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 1,793
Thanked 1,593 Times in 863 Posts
ubrocked@gmail.com
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GirLuvsDroid View Post
Well, if you want to try Sweeter Home 2, you can go to SweeterHome - Start - sweeterhome.com and DL the version for Android 2.0 and later. This home replacement is the most customizable out there, but it's complicated with a pretty steep learning curve, so I advise you to look at the FAQs on the sweeterhome website and watch the how-to videos. Then, if you want my specific theme, go to Menu once you install and open Sweeter Home 2 and select Themes, hit menu again once the themes download and then Search for GirLuvsDroid (there's one theme using my name that isn't mine, which pisses me off, but there are two different choices of themes I've made with buttons organized as they are in the pic you reproduced). You can start from one of those and edit it to make it your own. It's a good idea to check out the hundreds of other themes available, as well, or you can do what I did and start from scratch to make your own.
I just installed Sweeter home and I'm going to download your theme...just to see how you set everything up
UBRocked is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old August 12th, 2010, 10:35 AM   #126 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Wilmington, DE
Posts: 1,307
 
Device(s): Moto Droid Nook Color
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 114
Thanked 516 Times in 295 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by UBRocked View Post
I just installed Sweeter home and I'm going to download your theme...just to see how you set everything up
Have fun -- but I uploaded at least a few weeks ago, and I'm always tweaking, so you'll see how I DID have everything set up!
GirLuvsDroid is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old August 12th, 2010, 11:38 AM   #127 (permalink)
New Member
 
se7encrows's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 5
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 1
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Flashed this after having used BB .4 since it's release. I will say, this ROM is super snappy and the battery life seems pretty impressive so far. Using the Blueberry theme. Everything seems to work well. My Facebook was able to update so I don't know what the problem was for some of youi.
se7encrows is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old August 12th, 2010, 12:45 PM   #128 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: In the burbs of SEPA
Gender: Male
Posts: 268
 
Device(s): Samsung Galaxy Note 2, Motorola Droid Razr
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

Thanks: 13
Thanked 28 Times in 19 Posts
Default

Just loaded this up, but it didn't restore any of the apps from the Market.. which is kind of a bummer b/c I've never had that problem before..

I cleared the cache and FC it so I could do the whole TOS thing thinking that would do it.. but it didn't...

Now, I don't mind re-downloading apps.. but can anyone suggest a good Weather widget? Preferably one that's free, haha! UBR.. you seem to have a cook Weather widget, which one is it?
__________________
Primary Device: Samsung Galaxy Note 2 (VZW)
Other Devices Owned: Motorola Droid RAZR, iPhone 4S
ne0lyfeism is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old August 12th, 2010, 02:50 PM   #129 (permalink)
VZW Nexus Please!!!
 
UBRocked's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Ohio
Posts: 4,148
 
Device(s): See my signature...this section isn't big enough anymore!
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 1,793
Thanked 1,593 Times in 863 Posts
ubrocked@gmail.com
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ne0lyfeism View Post
Just loaded this up, but it didn't restore any of the apps from the Market.. which is kind of a bummer b/c I've never had that problem before..

I cleared the cache and FC it so I could do the whole TOS thing thinking that would do it.. but it didn't...

Now, I don't mind re-downloading apps.. but can anyone suggest a good Weather widget? Preferably one that's free, haha! UBR.. you seem to have a cook Weather widget, which one is it?
As far as the market issue...haven't seen that with this release so I'm guessing it's something installation related. Might want to try reinstalling it with the instructions I posted earlier in this thread.

As for the weather widget I use two of them and switch between them depending on my mood. "Beautiful Widgets" is the best "weather widget" and offers the most features and widgets for a small price ($2 in the market I think). The best "HTC clone" skin available is in the them in the screenshots (but that is the smaller of the two weather and clock widgets that you get).

The other is called "weather and toggle widgets" and it is only a few bucks as well. The benefit of this is that it can exactly mimic the HTC flip clock. The theme for that is called H7C (clever huh? ) and you can download it from the widget's server after you install the widgets.
UBRocked is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to UBRocked For This Useful Post:
BucYouUp68 (August 12th, 2010)
Old August 12th, 2010, 02:54 PM   #130 (permalink)
Member
 
BucYouUp68's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Florida
Posts: 374
 
Device(s): Stock Bionic
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 14
Thanked 27 Times in 19 Posts
Default

I used your instruction when I flashed this ROM, I never did it like that before. I always let ROM Manager do it in the past. This way seems way cleaner.
__________________
I think the SEARCH BUTTON is broken!!!!
BucYouUp68 is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to BucYouUp68 For This Useful Post:
UBRocked (August 12th, 2010)
sponsored links
Old August 12th, 2010, 03:03 PM   #131 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
digdug1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 1,961
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 147
Thanked 309 Times in 246 Posts
Default

i flashed this rom yesterday. and it really is fast... the fastest i have tried come to think of it. i cleared data and cache formatted system and boot before i flashed it. this was the first time that every one of my apps restored. i thought all was well last night and untill about 12:00 today. i used pandora from seven until then and my battery was down to 50%. with ss4.6 under the same usage w would only be down to 70%. right now i have only 20%. even though i like the performance of this rom more so than any other i am restoring back to ss4.6 simply because of battery life.
digdug1 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old August 12th, 2010, 03:26 PM   #132 (permalink)
VZW Nexus Please!!!
 
UBRocked's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Ohio
Posts: 4,148
 
Device(s): See my signature...this section isn't big enough anymore!
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 1,793
Thanked 1,593 Times in 863 Posts
ubrocked@gmail.com
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BucYouUp68 View Post
I used your instruction when I flashed this ROM, I never did it like that before. I always let ROM Manager do it in the past. This way seems way cleaner.
Yeah, I've been doing it that way since before SPRecovery had competition

Used to have to do it via ADB so you had to be by your computer. The fact that Clockwork has integrated it has made it easier for everyone to do it the "right way" (just my opinion). I just wish ROM Manager would integrate it so you could format everything from there.

Really makes it hard when you download a ROM from ROM manager (don't install from there...), manually reboot into recovery, format your partitions, search for your rom, your kernel, and any add-ons you selected...

Needless to say, I use ROM manager if I have to...but if it had the option to format boot and system...I'd always use it.
UBRocked is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old August 12th, 2010, 03:33 PM   #133 (permalink)
VZW Nexus Please!!!
 
UBRocked's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Ohio
Posts: 4,148
 
Device(s): See my signature...this section isn't big enough anymore!
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 1,793
Thanked 1,593 Times in 863 Posts
ubrocked@gmail.com
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by digdug1 View Post
i flashed this rom yesterday. and it really is fast... the fastest i have tried come to think of it. i cleared data and cache formatted system and boot before i flashed it. this was the first time that every one of my apps restored. i thought all was well last night and untill about 12:00 today. i used pandora from seven until then and my battery was down to 50%. with ss4.6 under the same usage w would only be down to 70%. right now i have only 20%. even though i like the performance of this rom more so than any other i am restoring back to ss4.6 simply because of battery life.
Is listening to Pandora all that all you are doing at that time? Do you clock your phone down to say...250 MHz during that time?
UBRocked is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old August 12th, 2010, 03:59 PM   #134 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
digdug1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 1,961
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 147
Thanked 309 Times in 246 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by UBRocked View Post
Is listening to Pandora all that all you are doing at that time? Do you clock your phone down to say...250 MHz during that time?
it is pretty much all i do. i will briefly check this site when i have the chance but that isnt often. for the most part i am just listening to pandora through my headphones via wi-fi. i did notice some changes today in pandora. for the first time it is playing audible commercials between songs . i dont know if this was a contributing factor or not but it is the only thing different besides the rom. i used my same kernal,p3droids lv 1.2. i have setcpu turning my phone down to 400 while the screen is off same as with ss4.6.
digdug1 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old August 12th, 2010, 04:19 PM   #135 (permalink)
VZW Nexus Please!!!
 
UBRocked's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Ohio
Posts: 4,148
 
Device(s): See my signature...this section isn't big enough anymore!
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 1,793
Thanked 1,593 Times in 863 Posts
ubrocked@gmail.com
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by digdug1 View Post
it is pretty much all i do. i will briefly check this site when i have the chance but that isnt often. for the most part i am just listening to pandora through my headphones via wi-fi. i did notice some changes today in pandora. for the first time it is playing audible commercials between songs . i dont know if this was a contributing factor or not but it is the only thing different besides the rom. i used my same kernal,p3droids lv 1.2. i have setcpu turning my phone down to 400 while the screen is off same as with ss4.6.
Gotcha...

Commercials? That sucks!
UBRocked is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old August 12th, 2010, 04:27 PM   #136 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
digdug1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 1,961
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 147
Thanked 309 Times in 246 Posts
Default

tell me about it! i updated pandora to 1.4 yesterday then this morning i had another update notification so i updated once again. then the commercials started it isnt often but still... it freezes my widget. sometimes the music stops so i press skip on my widget and it says "commercials cannot be skipped"! but dosent play the commercial either so i have to reboot tha app.
digdug1 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old August 12th, 2010, 04:32 PM   #137 (permalink)
Member
 
klwheat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 172
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 26
Thanked 5 Times in 5 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by digdug1 View Post
tell me about it! i updated pandora to 1.4 yesterday then this morning i had another update notification so i updated once again. then the commercials started it isnt often but still... it freezes my widget. sometimes the music stops so i press skip on my widget and it says "commercials cannot be skipped"! but dosent play the commercial either so i have to reboot tha app.
Thanks for the heads-up. I was going to update mine after work today when I have signal (got the notification this am...but didn't have time before work because I listen to Pandora while I'm riding my motorcycle in). Now, maybe I'll just keep using this commercial-less version...lol
__________________
Larry L. Wheat II
President/Co-founder
A Butterfly's Touch
http://www.abutterflystouch.org
Next time you think you're perfect, try walking on water.
klwheat is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old August 12th, 2010, 04:43 PM   #138 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
digdug1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 1,961
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 147
Thanked 309 Times in 246 Posts
Default

yeah i think i will start a thread about this lol
digdug1 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old August 12th, 2010, 04:44 PM   #139 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 55
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Default

anyone know when the next update is going to be? I am wanting to flash this rom again but will wait till the new update if there is suppose to be one in the next couple days.... even though these seem to get updates every day or 2 anyways
themans23 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old August 12th, 2010, 06:22 PM   #140 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 1
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Hey liquid, I was wondering when or if you already did fix the facebook widgets on the themes you provided. I love the new rom and themes, however, it is due to that simple little error that keep me from installing on my phone
Zo#1 is offline  
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old August 12th, 2010, 07:05 PM   #141 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
drudometkin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 92
 
Device(s): Moto X DE, Droid Bionic, OG Droid
Carrier: Verizon

Thanks: 10
Thanked 16 Times in 14 Posts
Default

How do I apply the system scripts?
drudometkin is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old August 12th, 2010, 07:11 PM   #142 (permalink)
ROM Developer
Thread Author (OP)
 
liquid0624's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 114
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 198 Times in 37 Posts
Default

Get a terminal app from the market and open and type su then enter allow superuser pemissions then you type the name of cmd from the list in the op and hit enter and you should see a status message appear
liquid0624 is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to liquid0624 For This Useful Post:
drudometkin (August 12th, 2010)
Old August 12th, 2010, 08:28 PM   #143 (permalink)
Member
 
klwheat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 172
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 26
Thanked 5 Times in 5 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by themans23 View Post
anyone know when the next update is going to be? I am wanting to flash this rom again but will wait till the new update if there is suppose to be one in the next couple days.... even though these seem to get updates every day or 2 anyways
Why wait?! Just flash...then flash again...."lather, rinse, repeat"...LOL
klwheat is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old August 13th, 2010, 12:09 AM   #144 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 88
 
Device(s): Current: Droid Charge past: Droid Eris, Droid, Droid 2
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 8
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Default

Ok i LOVE this rom. I have been using it for about 3-4 days and I have just one thing that has been bugging me. I try and running the launcher pro that come with the rom and it will not let me change the icons for the main dock. I switch them over to a custom icon and then 5 minutes later they are back to their default icons. so far this is the only problem. this happening to anyone else.
DERIS12 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old August 14th, 2010, 02:48 PM   #145 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: In the burbs of SEPA
Gender: Male
Posts: 268
 
Device(s): Samsung Galaxy Note 2, Motorola Droid Razr
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

Thanks: 13
Thanked 28 Times in 19 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by UBRocked View Post
As far as the market issue...haven't seen that with this release so I'm guessing it's something installation related. Might want to try reinstalling it with the instructions I posted earlier in this thread.

As for the weather widget I use two of them and switch between them depending on my mood. "Beautiful Widgets" is the best "weather widget" and offers the most features and widgets for a small price ($2 in the market I think). The best "HTC clone" skin available is in the them in the screenshots (but that is the smaller of the two weather and clock widgets that you get).

The other is called "weather and toggle widgets" and it is only a few bucks as well. The benefit of this is that it can exactly mimic the HTC flip clock. The theme for that is called H7C (clever huh? ) and you can download it from the widget's server after you install the widgets.
Looks like an earlier reply of mine was deleted.. just wanted to chime back in b/c I decided to see if using Clockwork would make a difference. So I downloaded ROM Manager and used UBR's instructions earlier in the thread - and to my surprise, it worked flawlessly! For all of the bad things I've heard about Clockwork Recovery, it worked like a charm the very first time out of the box. Surprising indeed..

I was able to load up the Watermark'd theme and Chevy's 1.2Ghz ULV Kernel, and like another poster on this thread, I was able to use 1.2 without any issues! My goodness is this ROM fast and smooth!

UBR, my apologies if my earlier reply was misunderstood. I consider myself who took the time to read up and understand the many facets of rooting and applying ROMs, so I didn't want my issue to get discounted due to me being mistakenly considered a "n00b" - thanks again!
ne0lyfeism is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old August 15th, 2010, 12:21 AM   #146 (permalink)
VZW Nexus Please!!!
 
UBRocked's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Ohio
Posts: 4,148
 
Device(s): See my signature...this section isn't big enough anymore!
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 1,793
Thanked 1,593 Times in 863 Posts
ubrocked@gmail.com
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ne0lyfeism View Post
Looks like an earlier reply of mine was deleted.. just wanted to chime back in b/c I decided to see if using Clockwork would make a difference. So I downloaded ROM Manager and used UBR's instructions earlier in the thread - and to my surprise, it worked flawlessly! For all of the bad things I've heard about Clockwork Recovery, it worked like a charm the very first time out of the box. Surprising indeed..

I was able to load up the Watermark'd theme and Chevy's 1.2Ghz ULV Kernel, and like another poster on this thread, I was able to use 1.2 without any issues! My goodness is this ROM fast and smooth!

UBR, my apologies if my earlier reply was misunderstood. I consider myself who took the time to read up and understand the many facets of rooting and applying ROMs, so I didn't want my issue to get discounted due to me being mistakenly considered a "n00b" - thanks again!
While I appreciate your apology...it certainly isn't needed. I know what you were saying

I think you may have mistook my "installation issue" comment. Seeing as you are up and running, I still wouldn't attribute your issue to using one recovery or another. I think it was just "one of those things". I certainly wasn't trying to brush you off.

I see a lot of people raise issues that I just don't ever see. I truly believe that formatting the boot and system partitions in addition to "wiping data" is key to keeping some pesky problems from showing up on my phone. If I see an issue, I am confident that the problem is NOT my phone itself. Until you can rule that out...troubleshooting can be just a big waste of time.

BTW...I looked for your response to my comment...and my response to that...and don't see it either. Very strange... There was no reason those comments would have been deleted so I'm not sure what happened there???
UBRocked is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old August 15th, 2010, 09:50 AM   #147 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
digdug1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 1,961
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 147
Thanked 309 Times in 246 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by UBRocked View Post
While I appreciate your apology...it certainly isn't needed. I know what you were saying

I think you may have mistook my "installation issue" comment. Seeing as you are up and running, I still wouldn't attribute your issue to using one recovery or another. I think it was just "one of those things". I certainly wasn't trying to brush you off.

I see a lot of people raise issues that I just don't ever see. I truly believe that formatting the boot and system partitions in addition to "wiping data" is key to keeping some pesky problems from showing up on my phone. If I see an issue, I am confident that the problem is NOT my phone itself. Until you can rule that out...troubleshooting can be just a big waste of time.

BTW...I looked for your response to my comment...and my response to that...and don't see it either. Very strange... There was no reason those comments would have been deleted so I'm not sure what happened there???
this whole site has been screwing up for the last two days. i have several replies to different threads missing. when i click on a sub forum i have to reload the page to get the newest posts this also applies to when i click on a post i have to reload it then several new posts show up from hours ago.
digdug1 is offline  
Last edited by digdug1; August 15th, 2010 at 09:45 PM.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to digdug1 For This Useful Post:
UBRocked (August 15th, 2010)
Old August 15th, 2010, 09:42 PM   #148 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 3
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default A few write problems

So trying to uninstall Titanium Back so I can install my previous donated verison and it wont let me. Same issue with Launcher Pro.

Even used root explorer. Cleared cache and user data from settings, then used root explorer to delete... only got it to delete, but still can't install donated versions.

Any suggestions?
Noiofnine is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old August 15th, 2010, 10:55 PM   #149 (permalink)
Member
 
Ebaneezor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Florida
Posts: 137
 
Device(s): Droid X
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 41
Thanked 17 Times in 14 Posts
Default

really... some rated this not useable?
Ebaneezor is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old August 17th, 2010, 01:14 AM   #150 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Rochester, NY
Posts: 40
 
Device(s): Motorola Droid.
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 13
Thanked 5 Times in 4 Posts
Default

just flashed liquid and so far it rocks. i am still fairly new to my rooted droid and these custom roms, and when i try to execute the system scripts in an android terminal emulator i keep getting similar errors..

erroroutput/system/xbin/sysrw: cannot create dev/nul: permission denied
rm failed for system/app/twitter.apk: read-only file system
system/xbin/sysro: cannot create /dev/nul: permission denied

so what am i doing wrong..?
JimmyCarbone is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply


Go Back   Android Forums > Android Development > Developer Forums > liquid0624
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:56 PM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.