Go Back   Android Forums > Android Development > Developer Forums > liquid0624

Find everything you need for the Galaxy S5 and discuss it in our S5 forum!
Have you seen that OnePlus One's awesome camera?? The forum is over here!

View Poll Results: Poll closed due to new release for this ROM
5 Star ROM Rating: Elite 48 60.00%
4 Star ROM Rating: Outstanding 20 25.00%
3 Star ROM Rating: Average 3 3.75%
2 Star ROM Rating: Not Ready for Primetime 5 6.25%
1 Star ROM Rating: Not Usable 4 5.00%
Voters: 80. You may not vote on this poll

test: Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old August 25th, 2010, 01:00 AM   #101 (permalink)
Antidisestablishmentarian
 
johnlgalt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: 3rd Rock
Gender: Male
Posts: 9,396
 
Device(s): Motorola® DROID® BIONIC®
Carrier: VZW

Thanks: 2,168
Thanked 1,918 Times in 1,362 Posts
Send a message via ICQ to johnlgalt Send a message via MSN to johnlgalt Send a message via Yahoo to johnlgalt Send a message via Skype™ to johnlgalt johnlgalt@gmail.com
Default

oh, you meant a paid alternate "launcher" app - not the paid version of Launcher Pro itself lol.

I think that confused both UBR and me.

__________________

Files for the Motorola® DROID® BIONIC®:
Motorola USB drivers v5.9.0 | Motorola RSD Lite v5.7
My DropBox Referral link
johnlgalt is offline  
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old August 25th, 2010, 01:01 AM   #102 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
selvikin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: LA/OC County, California
Posts: 74
 
Device(s): *Droid1, *Eris, *Fascinate
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 24
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Default

Having a little problem with fb, I can't get it to dl off of the market, did this not come in the rom?
selvikin is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old August 25th, 2010, 01:03 AM   #103 (permalink)
VZW Nexus Please!!!
 
UBRocked's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Ohio
Posts: 4,148
 
Device(s): See my signature...this section isn't big enough anymore!
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 1,793
Thanked 1,593 Times in 863 Posts
ubrocked@gmail.com
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tugdaturtle View Post
Well see i kinda already had a paid open home that i purchased way before i rooted so i rather just have it back on there
I can appreciate not wanting to go away from an app you have purchased...but Launcher Pro has been the fastest and smoothest home screen replacement I have used...by a long shot! ADW is not too shabby either

I remember having dxTop back in the day LOL...haven't tried the newer versions...might give that a whirl sometime just to see how it's progressed (if it's still updated).
__________________
Myself: 2014 Kia Soul+, HTC Droid DNA, Motorola Droid Razr M, Nexus 7 (2013), multiple Google TVs
Wife and Kids: Motorola Moto X, Apple iPad 4th Gen, HTC Droid DNA, Nexus 7 (2013), Galaxy Player 4.0,
Retired: Galaxy Nexus, Thunderbolt, Droid Pro, Fascinate, Motorola Droid 1, 3 & 4, Transformer TF101, Galaxy Tab (7" WiFi), Archos 70
UBRocked is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old August 25th, 2010, 01:13 AM   #104 (permalink)
Antidisestablishmentarian
 
johnlgalt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: 3rd Rock
Gender: Male
Posts: 9,396
 
Device(s): Motorola® DROID® BIONIC®
Carrier: VZW

Thanks: 2,168
Thanked 1,918 Times in 1,362 Posts
Send a message via ICQ to johnlgalt Send a message via MSN to johnlgalt Send a message via Yahoo to johnlgalt Send a message via Skype™ to johnlgalt johnlgalt@gmail.com
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by selvikin View Post
Having a little problem with fb, I can't get it to dl off of the market, did this not come in the rom?
Script to remove FB is still there - about to install now so I'll let you know.
johnlgalt is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old August 25th, 2010, 01:17 AM   #105 (permalink)
Member
 
Tugdaturtle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 166
 
Device(s): Motorola Andriod
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 50
Thanked 13 Times in 12 Posts
Send a message via MSN to Tugdaturtle
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by UBRocked View Post
I can appreciate not wanting to go away from an app you have purchased...but Launcher Pro has been the fastest and smoothest home screen replacement I have used...by a long shot! ADW is not too shabby either

I remember having dxTop back in the day LOL...haven't tried the newer versions...might give that a whirl sometime just to see how it's progressed (if it's still updated).
DxTop pro is on V3.0.7 if that helps any
Tugdaturtle is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Tugdaturtle For This Useful Post:
UBRocked (August 25th, 2010)
Old August 25th, 2010, 01:34 AM   #106 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
selvikin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: LA/OC County, California
Posts: 74
 
Device(s): *Droid1, *Eris, *Fascinate
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 24
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnlgalt View Post
Script to remove FB is still there - about to install now so I'll let you know.
What would the script be to add it?
selvikin is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old August 25th, 2010, 01:41 AM   #107 (permalink)
Antidisestablishmentarian
 
johnlgalt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: 3rd Rock
Gender: Male
Posts: 9,396
 
Device(s): Motorola® DROID® BIONIC®
Carrier: VZW

Thanks: 2,168
Thanked 1,918 Times in 1,362 Posts
Send a message via ICQ to johnlgalt Send a message via MSN to johnlgalt Send a message via Yahoo to johnlgalt Send a message via Skype™ to johnlgalt johnlgalt@gmail.com
Default

There would not be one. Liquid includes it as a system app, but if you removed it then to put it back in would require a root-enabled terminal and / or ADB shell with su and / or a file manager with root access.

Then you could extract it from the ROM and put it back in.

If you did not remove it and it is not showing in your ROM...well, mine is still updating so I'll let you know in a minute if it is in mine or not. Well, make that like 10 minutes. lol.
johnlgalt is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to johnlgalt For This Useful Post:
selvikin (August 25th, 2010)
Old August 25th, 2010, 01:48 AM   #108 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
selvikin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: LA/OC County, California
Posts: 74
 
Device(s): *Droid1, *Eris, *Fascinate
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 24
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Default

When I get back to a computer I'll double check the md5(should've done this in the first place, I know) to see if I got a good copy and prolly do another wipe/install and see if that'll do it.
selvikin is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old August 25th, 2010, 02:35 AM   #109 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: CBus, OH
Posts: 62
 
Device(s): Droid
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 3
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
cblake34
Default

with 1.4 i had muffled notification sounds and im having the same problem with this release. I came from another rom and wiped my cache etc before install. If i go back it works just fine. weird.
Damademan3 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old August 25th, 2010, 04:19 AM   #110 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 439
 
Device(s): Moto Droid 1 - Retired, Moto Droid Bionic - Rooted
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 39
Thanked 85 Times in 56 Posts
Default

I installed this earlier today and i got problems right away. First thing that crashed was the Market...i wanted to download Titanium Backup to restore all my apps...i tried the Browser from Launcher Pro and the same thing happened...not sure if this is only on my phone...

I was using Lithium Mod with Alternate Black Theme...it ran smooth for a few weeks and recently i've been having problems with programs hanging...

Before that I was using Kangerade 5.0.3 which ran perfect...i might try reinstalling it again and see if i have the same problems.

I did a wipe before installing this rom as I've been doing with other roms. The rom i'm trying to install is the Smoked themed one.

Edit:

Just did another wipe and i'm having the same problems with market and the browser crashing. Another thing that popped up was when I hit the power button to reboot my phone it went to the Android boot animation and wouldn't get out of it. I had to take out the battery to reset it. My first time using Liquid too.
amageus is offline  
Last edited by amageus; August 25th, 2010 at 04:31 AM.
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old August 25th, 2010, 06:31 AM   #111 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 64
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 1
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Default

One thing I am starting to see this morning now that i got a few phone calls, is when the phone starts to ring, it is slow to open to the answer screen.
__________________
Rom: LiQuID FroZeN YoGurT v1.5
Themed with Smoked FY 1.5
Kernel: Slayher LFGv1.5-1100 LV Kernel
seadams is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old August 25th, 2010, 07:21 AM   #112 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 6
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 1
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

Thank you to all who made this rom possible. Everything is working great! Although I'm missing the Voice Dialer app that I thought was built in. Am I the only one?
dugwhitney is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old August 25th, 2010, 08:24 AM   #113 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
jackburnt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Auburn, AL
Posts: 663
 
Device(s): Galaxy Nexus (JB ROM Hopping)
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 36
Thanked 64 Times in 49 Posts
Default

Thanks! So far, Liquid's been the best Froyo ROM for me. I never wiped to 1.4, and the only issue I had was LauncherPro kept trying to install and if I canceled, Market would FC.

I'm backing up now and plan to wipe. Hopefully that'll resolve that lone issue.

I'm not a big theme person, but your Smoke theme is very well done. I installed it so LP would be a system app, but I plan to still install it even though stock has that feature now.

EDIT: Any picture for the LP dock skin? I'm curious to how that looks.
__________________
I can't say what I want to
Even if I'm not serious.
--Tool
jackburnt is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old August 25th, 2010, 08:54 AM   #114 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Wilmington, DE
Posts: 1,307
 
Device(s): Moto Droid Nook Color
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 114
Thanked 517 Times in 295 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackburnt View Post
EDIT: Any picture for the LP dock skin? I'm curious to how that looks.
It's in the 2nd post pics in the Launcher Pro link:

__________________
Droid
Project Elite 6.5 test/CorCor67 PE 1150Mhz SV
Nook Color
Dual boot from eMMC: CM7/Dalingrin OC kernel at 1350Mhz + Nook Color Stock 1.2 rooted
GirLuvsDroid is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old August 25th, 2010, 08:56 AM   #115 (permalink)
Member
 
brocja01's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 225
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 5
Thanked 7 Times in 7 Posts
Default

I'm pretty stoked about this update. I didn't have much luck with 1.4, but man 1.3 has been running like a champ for me. Battery life has been ok, I'm pretty much on the phone non-stop, so that is to be expected. But, I have high expectation for 1.5, hoping it lives up to the quality of 1.3.

Backing up and installing now.
brocja01 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old August 25th, 2010, 09:10 AM   #116 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 17
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 4
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

has anyone tried any of chevy's ulv kernels yet?
jzbode is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old August 25th, 2010, 09:12 AM   #117 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 130
 
Device(s): Motorola Droid
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 6
Thanked 9 Times in 8 Posts
Default

Has anyone else had issues running this ROM? I have tried flashing to this ROM 4 times now. Each time was from a fresh 2.1 or 2.2 image -- had to try it both ways to be sure -- and after the install, the phone always ends up in a perpetual boot loop.

I got curious and compared the MD5 from the posted text file with the one from my download and they aren't even close. I've deleted the zip and downloaded it three more times and every time I run md5sum on the file it always comes back 2558ea8999955e75aecdfee38ed3a111, which isn't even close to the one listed in the file. What the duece is going on? Am I just being stupid and missing something here?

Please keep in mind that while this isn't my first venture into rooting, this is my first venture into a custom ROM. So, I may very well be doing something incorrectly.

For reference, here's the steps I've done:
1: Via RSDLite, installed original VZW 2.0.1 recovery image
2: Loaded 2.1 update to SDCard and run update via accepted method -- power + x, vol rocker + cam buttons, install /sdcard/update.zip, etc.
3: Installed 2.2 update with same method as step 2
4: Rooted via RSDLite + SPRecovery_ESE81.sbf -- I did a md5sum on the SBF and it is correct.
5: Post rooting, loaded the 1.5 ROM to SDCard as update.zip, rebooted into rooted BL, allowed and then installed the update.zip from SDCard.
6: Reboot phone and then end up in perpetual boot loop

ARG!!!!
slider5634 is offline  
Last edited by slider5634; August 25th, 2010 at 09:34 AM.
Reply With Quote
Old August 25th, 2010, 10:04 AM   #118 (permalink)
VZW Nexus Please!!!
 
UBRocked's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Ohio
Posts: 4,148
 
Device(s): See my signature...this section isn't big enough anymore!
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 1,793
Thanked 1,593 Times in 863 Posts
ubrocked@gmail.com
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by slider5634 View Post
Has anyone else had issues running this ROM? I have tried flashing to this ROM 4 times now. Each time was from a fresh 2.1 or 2.2 image -- had to try it both ways to be sure -- and after the install, the phone always ends up in a perpetual boot loop.

I got curious and compared the MD5 from the posted text file with the one from my download and they aren't even close. I've deleted the zip and downloaded it three more times and every time I run md5sum on the file it always comes back 2558ea8999955e75aecdfee38ed3a111, which isn't even close to the one listed in the file. What the duece is going on? Am I just being stupid and missing something here?

Please keep in mind that while this isn't my first venture into rooting, this is my first venture into a custom ROM. So, I may very well be doing something incorrectly.

For reference, here's the steps I've done:
1: Via RSDLite, installed original VZW 2.0.1 recovery image
2: Loaded 2.1 update to SDCard and run update via accepted method -- power + x, vol rocker + cam buttons, install /sdcard/update.zip, etc.
3: Installed 2.2 update with same method as step 2
4: Rooted via RSDLite + SPRecovery_ESE81.sbf -- I did a md5sum on the SBF and it is correct.
5: Post rooting, loaded the 1.5 ROM to SDCard as update.zip, rebooted into rooted BL, allowed and then installed the update.zip from SDCard.
6: Reboot phone and then end up in perpetual boot loop

ARG!!!!
You downloading the 1.5 LFY ROM or are you downloading just one of the themes? The themes are NOT themed ROMs...they are just themes you install over the 1.5 ROM.
UBRocked is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old August 25th, 2010, 10:08 AM   #119 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 31
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 1
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

What's the difference between the Slayher 1.5 and 1.6 version kernels? I had been using version 1.6, but this rom comes with 1.5?

Not sure which which one I should be using?

PS, How do I check to see if compcache is enabled and running? I seem to remember "/system/bin/compcache stats" (After an SU) but that returns "stats: Not a typewriter" Lol...
omniphil is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old August 25th, 2010, 10:20 AM   #120 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: In the burbs of SEPA
Gender: Male
Posts: 269
 
Device(s): Samsung Galaxy Note 2, Motorola Droid Razr
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

Thanks: 13
Thanked 28 Times in 19 Posts
Default

Just finished up loading LFY 1.5 with the Slayher 1.2Ghz LV kernel and the Smoked theme.. and everything worked flawlessly!

I can't tell you how much I detested the battery icon from 1.4, and hearing the horror stories of those who tried the Smoked 1.4 theme made me a bit cautious, but I figured it was worth the shot to get rid of the battery icon!

Clockwork worked like a charm and the Market restored everything.. will report back on other functionality (e.g., phone, wifi, bluetooth, gps).

LFY 1.41 was hands down the fastest and most stable ROM I've ever run.. and so far, albeit only briefly, 1.5 has not disappointed. The Smoked theme rocks and all themed apps appear as they should.

I love my Droid.. haha!
__________________
Primary Device: Samsung Galaxy Note 2 (VZW)
Other Devices Owned: Motorola Droid RAZR, iPhone 4S
ne0lyfeism is online now  
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old August 25th, 2010, 10:21 AM   #121 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: In the burbs of SEPA
Gender: Male
Posts: 269
 
Device(s): Samsung Galaxy Note 2, Motorola Droid Razr
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

Thanks: 13
Thanked 28 Times in 19 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by omniphil View Post
What's the difference between the Slayher 1.5 and 1.6 version kernels? I had been using version 1.6, but this rom comes with 1.5?

Not sure which which one I should be using?

PS, How do I check to see if compcache is enabled and running? I seem to remember "/system/bin/compcache stats" (After an SU) but that returns "stats: Not a typewriter" Lol...
It seems that the 1.5 kernels in this ROM have Compcache enabled on reboot (i.e., built into the ROM on startup), so you don't need to manually enable it.
ne0lyfeism is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old August 25th, 2010, 10:21 AM   #122 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 118
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 17
Thanked 10 Times in 9 Posts
Default

My twitter app keeps asking me to log in, I log in check stuff, then if I go back to it it's still logged in, but if I don't go on for a while, like couple hours, then try, it has logged off on it's own and asks for my log in. Anyone else having this issue?
EAK128 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old August 25th, 2010, 10:24 AM   #123 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Wilmington, DE
Posts: 1,307
 
Device(s): Moto Droid Nook Color
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 114
Thanked 517 Times in 295 Posts
Default Important information about compcache and slayher v1.6 kernels

Quote:
Originally Posted by omniphil View Post
What's the difference between the Slayher 1.5 and 1.6 version kernels? I had been using version 1.6, but this rom comes with 1.5?

Not sure which which one I should be using?

PS, How do I check to see if compcache is enabled and running? I seem to remember "/system/bin/compcache stats" (After an SU) but that returns "stats: Not a typewriter" Lol...
This is a very timely question. First let me clarify that what we're really talking about here is the difference between the slayher kernels made for LFYv1.5 (which are not the same as the slayher v1.5 kernels) and the slayher v1.6 kernels.

HERE IS THE IMPORTANT INFO: If you installed a slayher v1.6 kernel on LFY 1.5, and you downloaded that kernel before the time of this post , then compcache will not work for you -- even if you go back and install one of the slayher kernels made for LFY 1.5.

So, here's the deal. This morning, I wanted to see if the compcache would automatically be enabled on the slayher 1100 v1.6 kernel posted in his CM thread. I installed it, went to SetCPU info and saw 0 for all the swap entries, then went to my script for compcache stats in GScript (which I had tested many times in the last 2 days -- and which is exactly the same script quoted above) and got the response "not a typewriter." SO, I reinstalled the slayher LFY 1100 and got exactly the same results. I then restored my boot partition from before I tried any of this (the exact same setup on which the compcache stats worked before) and still got the message "not a typewriter." Of course, this led to the conclusion that not only is compcache not automatically enabled on LFY for the slayher v.1.6 kernels, but once you install one, it screws up compcache entirely for all subsequent kernel installs.

I reported this to slayher and he thanked me for calling it to his attention, said that he had packaged some scripts with the v1.6 kernels to get compcache working for CM and that those scripts are conflicting with LFY (and, in fact, changed the scripts in the ROM that were included to enable compcache).

If you made the same mistake I did, then in order to get compcache back, you will need to reinstall LFY 1.5 and the slayher kernel of your choice (no need to wipe data and cache, but you do need to reinstall the ROM).

The GOOD NEWS is that slayher immediately fixed the v1.6 kernels and re-uploaded them, so this should not be an issue for anyone wanting to try any v1.6 kernels downloaded for here on (see here: http://forum.cyanogenmod.com/topic/4434-froyo-kernels-by-slayher/page__view__findpost__p__45885).

Slayher, if you read this, please correct anything I may have gotten wrong!
GirLuvsDroid is offline  
Last edited by GirLuvsDroid; August 25th, 2010 at 10:32 AM.
Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to GirLuvsDroid For This Useful Post:
johnlgalt (August 25th, 2010), UBRocked (August 25th, 2010), YankeeDudeL (August 25th, 2010)
Old August 25th, 2010, 10:28 AM   #124 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: In the burbs of SEPA
Gender: Male
Posts: 269
 
Device(s): Samsung Galaxy Note 2, Motorola Droid Razr
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

Thanks: 13
Thanked 28 Times in 19 Posts
Default

For what its worth, I literally installed 15min ago.. and used the Slayher kernels linked in the first post (I installed the 1.2Ghz LV Kernel). Just checked the 'Info' screen in SetCPU and CompCache appears to be enabled as my SwapCache value is not zero..
ne0lyfeism is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old August 25th, 2010, 10:30 AM   #125 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Wilmington, DE
Posts: 1,307
 
Device(s): Moto Droid Nook Color
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 114
Thanked 517 Times in 295 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ne0lyfeism View Post
For what its worth, I literally installed 15min ago.. and used the Slayher kernels linked in the first post (I installed the 1.2Ghz LV Kernel). Just checked the 'Info' screen in SetCPU and CompCache appears to be enabled as my SwapCache value is not zero..

Yes, it is automatically enabled in the LFY 1.5 ROM.
GirLuvsDroid is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old August 25th, 2010, 10:37 AM   #126 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 31
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 1
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GirLuvsDroid View Post
This is a very timely question. First let me clarify that what we're really talking about here is the difference between the slayher kernels made for LFYv1.5 (which are not the same as the slayher v1.5 kernels) and the slayher v1.6 kernels.

HERE IS THE IMPORTANT INFO: If you installed a slayher v1.6 kernel on LFY 1.5, and you downloaded that kernel before the time of this post , then compcache will not work for you -- even if you go back and install one of the slayher kernels made for LFY 1.5.

So, here's the deal. This morning, I wanted to see if the compcache would automatically be enabled on the slayher 1100 v1.6 kernel posted in his CM thread. I installed it, went to SetCPU info and saw 0 for all the swap entries, then went to my script for compcache stats in GScript (which I had tested many times in the last 2 days -- and which is exactly the same script quoted above) and got the response "not a typewriter." SO, I reinstalled the slayher LFY 1100 and got exactly the same results. I then restored my boot partition from before I tried any of this (the exact same setup on which the compcache stats worked before) and still got the message "not a typewriter." Of course, this led to the conclusion that not only is compcache not automatically enabled on LFY for the slayher v.1.6 kernels, but once you install one, it screws up compcache entirely for all subsequent kernel installs.

I reported this to slayher and he thanked me for calling it to his attention, said that he had packaged some scripts with the v1.6 kernels to get compcache working for CM and that those scripts are conflicting with LFY (and, in fact, changed the scripts in the ROM that were included to enable compcache).

If you made the same mistake I did, then in order to get compcache back, you will need to reinstall LFY 1.5 and the slayher kernel of your choice (no need to wipe data and cache, but you do need to reinstall the ROM).

The GOOD NEWS is that slayher immediately fixed the v1.6 kernels and re-uploaded them, so this should not be an issue for anyone wanting to try any v1.6 kernels downloaded for here on (see here: Froyo Kernels by slayher - CyanogenMod Forum - Page 7).

Slayher, if you read this, please correct anything I may have gotten wrong!
Ok, I think I got it now... So I will reflash my rom without wiping cache and data... And delete any old kernels I have so as not to use them.

So should I be using the new fixed 1.6 kernels or the ones made for LFY 1.5?

Just link me please to which ever ones I should be using and I'll install those...

Thank you for such an informative post...
omniphil is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old August 25th, 2010, 10:40 AM   #127 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Memphis
Posts: 5
 
Device(s): Motorola Droid Bionic Samsung Galaxy Tab2 10.1 (Ditto above for the wife)
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 4
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Awwwww man ... I *JUST* finished 1.41

Thanks for the 1.5. I'll start on it now.
rncotton is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old August 25th, 2010, 10:40 AM   #128 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 98
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 19
Thanked 7 Times in 6 Posts
Default

So as far as temps go, is there a range that is "good", and a danger zone that one should be watching out for?
ghmerrill is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old August 25th, 2010, 10:42 AM   #129 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Wilmington, DE
Posts: 1,307
 
Device(s): Moto Droid Nook Color
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 114
Thanked 517 Times in 295 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by omniphil View Post
Ok, I think I got it now... So I will reflash my rom without wiping cache and data... And delete any old kernels I have so as not to use them.

So should I be using the new fixed 1.6 kernels or the ones made for LFY 1.5?

Just link me please to which ever ones I should be using and I'll install those...

Thank you for such an informative post...

This is what slayer says about which kernels to use: LiQuID FroZeN YoGurT v1.5 (FRG22 Built From AOSP Source!! - Custom SLaYHer KeRNeLs!!) - Page 13 - Droid Forum - Verizon Droid & the Motorola Droid Forum
GirLuvsDroid is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old August 25th, 2010, 10:45 AM   #130 (permalink)
Member
 
bsems1000's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: 7 cities VA
Posts: 432
 
Device(s): Retired OG Droid Injury Retired Droid X Current LTE Galaxy Nexus, VZW
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 57
Thanked 61 Times in 44 Posts
Default

Man, just installed 1.4 yesterday. Got slayhers 1100 kernal and was finishing up setting up my display and apps the way i want before i save and flashed a theme.

now i see 1.5?? lol. How often will these get updated. I might just have to flash. and not log on for a week or so. So im not forced to update again :-)
bsems1000 is offline  
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old August 25th, 2010, 10:46 AM   #131 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 31
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 1
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

Perfect, that answers my question!

I'll grab the LFY1.5 kernels on the first page of this thread.
omniphil is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old August 25th, 2010, 10:54 AM   #132 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 13
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 2
Thanked 4 Times in 3 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dugwhitney View Post
Thank you to all who made this rom possible. Everything is working great! Although I'm missing the Voice Dialer app that I thought was built in. Am I the only one?
The voice dialer app is missing. I pulled the app from another rom and it works fine although you don’t get the voice prompt (speak now) but that prompt did not work in v1.4 either.
hammer690 is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to hammer690 For This Useful Post:
dugwhitney (August 25th, 2010), johnlgalt (August 25th, 2010)
Old August 25th, 2010, 10:55 AM   #133 (permalink)
Member
 
bsems1000's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: 7 cities VA
Posts: 432
 
Device(s): Retired OG Droid Injury Retired Droid X Current LTE Galaxy Nexus, VZW
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 57
Thanked 61 Times in 44 Posts
Default

Ok. I used the rooting guide from all things root. so i used sprecovery, but it seems to me that most ppl here use clockworkmod? I have rom manager, which im guessing prefers cwm. I'm about to switch from 1.4 to lfy1.5 and i went to rom manager to backup this rom. Does this take place of creating a nandroid backup in sprecover when flashing a new rom?
bsems1000 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old August 25th, 2010, 11:10 AM   #134 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 13
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 2
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Unhappy Answer Screen

Like seadams I'm also seeing long delays before I'm able to answer phone calls. I made a few test calls from my office phone and my droid will start ringing and vibrating but it's probably a full 3-4 seconds before the screen lights up for me to swipe and answer.
timberbosco is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old August 25th, 2010, 11:11 AM   #135 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 130
 
Device(s): Motorola Droid
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 6
Thanked 9 Times in 8 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by UBRocked View Post
You downloading the 1.5 LFY ROM or are you downloading just one of the themes? The themes are NOT themed ROMs...they are just themes you install over the 1.5 ROM.
In answer to your question, yes, I am downloading and installing the LFY1.5 ROM from page one of this thread. I don't know if it's just my PC or what, but the MD5 is not returning anywhere close to the one listed in the text file -- linked on page one of this thread. Obviously, others here have downloaded and used this today without incident. Could someone else please run md5sum on the ROM zip and tell me what value it returned? I'm almost completely convinced my download is being corrupted before it finishes, though I can't explain why.
slider5634 is offline  
Last edited by slider5634; August 25th, 2010 at 11:17 AM.
Reply With Quote
Old August 25th, 2010, 11:12 AM   #136 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Wilmington, DE
Posts: 1,307
 
Device(s): Moto Droid Nook Color
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 114
Thanked 517 Times in 295 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsems1000 View Post
Ok. I used the rooting guide from all things root. so i used sprecovery, but it seems to me that most ppl here use clockworkmod? I have rom manager, which im guessing prefers cwm. I'm about to switch from 1.4 to lfy1.5 and i went to rom manager to backup this rom. Does this take place of creating a nandroid backup in sprecover when flashing a new rom?
It does take the place of the SPRecovery nandroid backup (but is also called a nandroid backup in Clockworkmod). You should be aware that your backups made with SPRecovery won't work for Clockwork, so it is a great idea to make your backup in Clockwork before you install anything new.
GirLuvsDroid is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old August 25th, 2010, 11:33 AM   #137 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
jackburnt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Auburn, AL
Posts: 663
 
Device(s): Galaxy Nexus (JB ROM Hopping)
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 36
Thanked 64 Times in 49 Posts
Default

Any plans for the Smoked theme to look like the 1.4 Smoked theme? I'm not digging the bars at top (too hard to see). I liked the mostly Stock feel with a black sheen.
jackburnt is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old August 25th, 2010, 11:52 AM   #138 (permalink)
Member
 
klwheat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 172
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 26
Thanked 5 Times in 5 Posts
Default

Amageus,
Did you download the ROM first, and install...then the theme? Or did you just download the theme. The themes are ONLY themes, and need the ROM loaded first. Don't know if that helps.
Quote:
Originally Posted by amageus View Post
I installed this earlier today and i got problems right away. First thing that crashed was the Market...i wanted to download Titanium Backup to restore all my apps...i tried the Browser from Launcher Pro and the same thing happened...not sure if this is only on my phone...

I was using Lithium Mod with Alternate Black Theme...it ran smooth for a few weeks and recently i've been having problems with programs hanging...

Before that I was using Kangerade 5.0.3 which ran perfect...i might try reinstalling it again and see if i have the same problems.

I did a wipe before installing this rom as I've been doing with other roms. The rom i'm trying to install is the Smoked themed one.

Edit:

Just did another wipe and i'm having the same problems with market and the browser crashing. Another thing that popped up was when I hit the power button to reboot my phone it went to the Android boot animation and wouldn't get out of it. I had to take out the battery to reset it. My first time using Liquid too.
__________________
Larry L. Wheat II
President/Co-founder
A Butterfly's Touch
http://www.abutterflystouch.org
Next time you think you're perfect, try walking on water.
klwheat is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old August 25th, 2010, 11:53 AM   #139 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Wilmington, DE
Posts: 1,307
 
Device(s): Moto Droid Nook Color
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 114
Thanked 517 Times in 295 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackburnt View Post
Any plans for the Smoked theme to look like the 1.4 Smoked theme? I'm not digging the bars at top (too hard to see). I liked the mostly Stock feel with a black sheen.
Maybe what you're looking for is more along the lines of the Black N Bold theme: (THEME) Black N Bold for LFY - Droid Forum - Verizon Droid & the Motorola Droid Forum
GirLuvsDroid is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old August 25th, 2010, 12:17 PM   #140 (permalink)
Member
 
bsems1000's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: 7 cities VA
Posts: 432
 
Device(s): Retired OG Droid Injury Retired Droid X Current LTE Galaxy Nexus, VZW
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 57
Thanked 61 Times in 44 Posts
Default

trying to restore all of my apps from 1.4 with tibackup. But its doing it one by one. For each app going to the "replace application" ok window..following by the install ok window. When i did this when restoring with my 1.4 lfy it blazed through all of this w/o needing me to stop at each app and say "ok" to the install.. anyone know how to do it that way? I seem to have forgot :/
bsems1000 is offline  
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old August 25th, 2010, 12:22 PM   #141 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Wilmington, DE
Posts: 1,307
 
Device(s): Moto Droid Nook Color
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 114
Thanked 517 Times in 295 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsems1000 View Post
trying to restore all of my apps from 1.4 with tibackup. But its doing it one by one. For each app going to the "replace application" ok window..following by the install ok window. When i did this when restoring with my 1.4 lfy it blazed through all of this w/o needing me to stop at each app and say "ok" to the install.. anyone know how to do it that way? I seem to have forgot :/
Did you confirm that TiBu recognized your license (batch restore is only available with a license)? If it isn't recognizing your license, a reboot should fix it. I restored all my apps on v1.5 using TiBu batch restore and didn't see what you're describing. Also, make sure you check "Force to same location" in Preferences, and that you don't restore anything in red font.
GirLuvsDroid is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old August 25th, 2010, 12:26 PM   #142 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: In the burbs of SEPA
Gender: Male
Posts: 269
 
Device(s): Samsung Galaxy Note 2, Motorola Droid Razr
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

Thanks: 13
Thanked 28 Times in 19 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by timberbosco View Post
Like seadams I'm also seeing long delays before I'm able to answer phone calls. I made a few test calls from my office phone and my droid will start ringing and vibrating but it's probably a full 3-4 seconds before the screen lights up for me to swipe and answer.
Are you running 1.5 Stock with Stock kernel? Or are you running one of the themes/other kernels? I only ask because the nuances tend to be among configs..

That being said, I'm running 1.5 with the Smoked Theme using Slayher's 1.2Ghz LV kernel and tried to place some test calls to my phone. First call had a really long delay, but after that made 5 more calls and didn't see any delays. Rebooted and tried again and haven't had the phone delay issue happen since. Try rebooting the phone (assuming its settled in from the ROM) and checking again...
ne0lyfeism is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old August 25th, 2010, 12:32 PM   #143 (permalink)
Member
 
bsems1000's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: 7 cities VA
Posts: 432
 
Device(s): Retired OG Droid Injury Retired Droid X Current LTE Galaxy Nexus, VZW
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 57
Thanked 61 Times in 44 Posts
Default

[QUOTE=GirLuvsDroid;1448400]Did you confirm that TiBu recognized your license (batch restore is only available with a license)? If it isn't recognizing your license, a reboot should fix it. I restored all my apps on v1.5 using TiBu batch restore and didn't see what you're describing. Also, make sure you check "Force to same location" in Preferences, and that you don't restore anything in red font.[/QUOTE

Did i confirm that TiBu recognized my license? How do I do this. I guess i have b/c i can access batch tab. I rebooted and im still getting the one by one restore, as if im downloading each one from the market.
bsems1000 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old August 25th, 2010, 12:32 PM   #144 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 47
 
Device(s): Motorolla Droid
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 18
Thanked 6 Times in 4 Posts
Default

I'm having the delayed screen response when I get a phone call also. Screen stays dark for a couple rings before I can swipe to answer.

I am going to reflash everything from scratch sometime today and see if that helps anything.
__________________
Rom: LiQuID FroZeN YoGurT v1.6
Theme: Incognito
Kernel: Slayher 1.0Ghz
Sparky977 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old August 25th, 2010, 12:47 PM   #145 (permalink)
Member
 
kujayhawks77's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Conroe, TX
Posts: 142
 
Device(s): Samsung Fascinate Nook Color
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 13
Thanked 13 Times in 10 Posts
Default

Thanks Liquid and Slayher and anyone else I am missing. This ROM rocks works better than I could ask for and I'm seeing Quad scores of 1790!
kujayhawks77 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old August 25th, 2010, 12:52 PM   #146 (permalink)
Member
 
bsems1000's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: 7 cities VA
Posts: 432
 
Device(s): Retired OG Droid Injury Retired Droid X Current LTE Galaxy Nexus, VZW
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 57
Thanked 61 Times in 44 Posts
Default

Quote:
LAUNCHER PRO DOCK (SKIN) => DOWNLOAD NOW!
BEAUTIFUL WIDGETS (SKINS) =>
DOWNLOAD NOW!
what does these do? And how would I uninstall whatever changes it makes if I dont like it?
bsems1000 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old August 25th, 2010, 12:52 PM   #147 (permalink)
Usually off topic
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: FG
Posts: 10,465
 
Device(s): Gnex N7
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 2,166
Thanked 4,976 Times in 3,268 Posts
Default

OK so this rom is doing well for me so far...only problem I have noticed is my phone seems to be stuttering and running much hotter than previously. I am running the 1.2 Ghz kernel. My phone has not worked with LV 1.2 before, on 1.4 I was running the SV 1.2 and my phone was flying, no lag at all. Would lowering the voltage possibly help with this or is there a way I can raise the voltage on the kernel made for this rom? I want to keep compcache so I don't want to go back to the previous kernel I had but this has rendered my phone almost useless.
__________________
Forum Gaming
Yeahha is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old August 25th, 2010, 12:54 PM   #148 (permalink)
VZW Nexus Please!!!
 
UBRocked's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Ohio
Posts: 4,148
 
Device(s): See my signature...this section isn't big enough anymore!
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 1,793
Thanked 1,593 Times in 863 Posts
ubrocked@gmail.com
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by slider5634 View Post
In answer to your question, yes, I am downloading and installing the LFY1.5 ROM from page one of this thread. I don't know if it's just my PC or what, but the MD5 is not returning anywhere close to the one listed in the text file -- linked on page one of this thread. Obviously, others here have downloaded and used this today without incident. Could someone else please run md5sum on the ROM zip and tell me what value it returned? I'm almost completely convinced my download is being corrupted before it finishes, though I can't explain why.
Size on disk is 64.1MB and that matches the checksum (I just re-downloaded it to check). What size is your download? Did you try downloading from the phone?...maybe that will solve you problem (although...not explain it )
UBRocked is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old August 25th, 2010, 01:06 PM   #149 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 20
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 22 Times in 8 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeahha View Post
OK so this rom is doing well for me so far...only problem I have noticed is my phone seems to be stuttering and running much hotter than previously. I am running the 1.2 Ghz kernel. My phone has not worked with LV 1.2 before, on 1.4 I was running the SV 1.2 and my phone was flying, no lag at all. Would lowering the voltage possibly help with this or is there a way I can raise the voltage on the kernel made for this rom? I want to keep compcache so I don't want to go back to the previous kernel I had but this has rendered my phone almost useless.
This sounds like an app is in the background tieing stuff up, and keeping cpu speed high. Can you get a logcat?
slayher is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old August 25th, 2010, 01:08 PM   #150 (permalink)
Usually off topic
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: FG
Posts: 10,465
 
Device(s): Gnex N7
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 2,166
Thanked 4,976 Times in 3,268 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by slayher View Post
This sounds like an app is in the background tieing stuff up, and keeping cpu speed high. Can you get a logcat?
With instructions probably, I actually have less running on this than I did with 1.4.
Yeahha is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply


Go Back   Android Forums > Android Development > Developer Forums > liquid0624
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:32 PM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.