Go Back   Android Forums > Android Development > Developer Forums > liquid0624

View Poll Results: Poll closed due to new release for this ROM
5 Star ROM Rating: Elite 48 60.00%
4 Star ROM Rating: Outstanding 20 25.00%
3 Star ROM Rating: Average 3 3.75%
2 Star ROM Rating: Not Ready for Primetime 5 6.25%
1 Star ROM Rating: Not Usable 4 5.00%
Voters: 80. You may not vote on this poll

test: Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old August 25th, 2010, 01:15 PM   #151 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 130
 
Device(s): Motorola Droid
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 6
Thanked 9 Times in 8 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by UBRocked View Post
Size on disk is 64.1MB and that matches the checksum (I just re-downloaded it to check). What size is your download? Did you try downloading from the phone?...maybe that will solve you problem (although...not explain it )
Good call on the download attempt from the phone. I'm going to give that a go and run the MD5 on that file to see if the outcome is different. The download I currently have checks out at 64.1MB so the size is correct. Not sure what's wrong. I'll let the phone try the download and report back.

EDIT: Doh!!! When I try to download via the phone, i get "Cannot download. The content is not supported on this phone". That's rather annoying. I remember having an app to work around this before, but I can't remember what it was called.

EDIT EDIT: Astro File Manager. That's what I was after. Download is going now.


RESULT: Okay, now I'm just baffled. I'm going to run the md5sum check from another PC because it's still reporting back with the same value it has all the other times I've downloaded it.

Advertisements
slider5634 is offline  
Last edited by slider5634; August 25th, 2010 at 01:40 PM.
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old August 25th, 2010, 01:27 PM   #152 (permalink)
VZW Nexus Please!!!
 
UBRocked's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Ohio
Posts: 4,300
 
Device(s): See my signature...this section isn't big enough anymore!
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 1,796
Thanked 1,633 Times in 894 Posts
ubrocked@gmail.com
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by slider5634 View Post
Good call on the download attempt from the phone. I'm going to give that a go and run the MD5 on that file to see if the outcome is different. The download I currently have checks out at 64.1MB so the size is correct. Not sure what's wrong. I'll let the phone try the download and report back.
Once you download it...put it on the root of your sdcard, follow the instructions I wrote here

I have used these instructions for countless ROMs...they are solid

Don't rename the file. If you are using SPRecovery I would switch to Clockwork cause I can verify that 1.5 and all of the numerous test builds loaded just fine on my phone with out the issues you have described.
__________________
Myself: 2014 Kia Soul+, LG G3, Motorola Droid Razr M, Nexus 7 (2013), multiple Google TVs
Wife and Kids: Motorola Moto X, iPad 4th Gen, HTC Droid DNA, Galaxy Tab 3 (7"), iPhone 4S, Nexus 7 (2013)
Retired: HTC Droid DNA, Galaxy Nexus, Thunderbolt, Droid Pro, Fascinate, Motorola Droid 1, 3 & 4, Transformer TF101, Galaxy Tab (7" WiFi), Archos 70
UBRocked is online now  
Last edited by UBRocked; August 25th, 2010 at 01:49 PM. Reason: removed parentheses
Reply With Quote
Old August 25th, 2010, 01:33 PM   #153 (permalink)
Member
 
droid_freak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Idaho
Posts: 199
 
Device(s): Droid Charge HTC TBolt Nook Color
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 33
Thanked 23 Times in 18 Posts
Send a message via Yahoo to droid_freak rob.cude@gmail.com
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsems1000 View Post


what does these do? And how would I uninstall whatever changes it makes if I dont like it?
The first one is a custom dock for launcher pro, you just unzip the file and put the .png file in your gallery, then go to launcher pro settings/ appearance/dock and choose custom then navigate to the .pgn file you put in the gallery.

For beautiful widgets just follow the instructions that come in the zip file you download.

You don't uninstall them you just choose a different skin or dock. Its not an install file like an .apk
__________________
Samsung Droid Charge: GummyCharge 1.9.1
Nook Color: CM7
HTC Thunderbolt: OMFGB Nightlies
"Home of the Free Because of the Brave"
droid_freak is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to droid_freak For This Useful Post:
bsems1000 (August 25th, 2010), UBRocked (August 25th, 2010)
Old August 25th, 2010, 01:57 PM   #154 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 130
 
Device(s): Motorola Droid
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 6
Thanked 9 Times in 8 Posts
Default

Okay, I've run this download 6+ times now with both my phone and my laptop and run the MD5 on it from three different machines. All 3 machines return the same code and it's NOT the correct one. The file is the correct size. So, I'm really not sure. The only constants at this point are the download location and my ISP. Does anyone have an alternate download source for this ROM? I'd like to rule out the download source as the problem.
slider5634 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old August 25th, 2010, 02:12 PM   #155 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 232
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 38
Thanked 7 Times in 7 Posts
Default

i'm new to rooting as i just rooted for the 1st time yesterday to lfy1.41. i reloaded all my apps and set my screens up as i like. question is:

if i install the lfy1.5, do i need to reinstall all my apps and re-set up my screens?
is there a way to save all this?
is there a way to save what i did as a theme?
is there a way to save all my apps so i don't have to go back and install them?

thanks for your help,

new rooted droid
lfy 1.41
no theme, not overclocked
guttyla is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old August 25th, 2010, 02:23 PM   #156 (permalink)
Member
 
bsems1000's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: 7 cities VA
Posts: 432
 
Device(s): Retired OG Droid Injury Retired Droid X Current LTE Galaxy Nexus, VZW
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 57
Thanked 61 Times in 44 Posts
Default

[QUOTE=guttyla;1449289]i'm new to rooting as i just rooted for the 1st time yesterday to lfy1.41. i reloaded all my apps and set my screens up as i like. question is:

if i install the lfy1.5, do i need to reinstall all my apps and re-set up my screens?
is there a way to save all this?
is there a way to save what i did as a theme?
is there a way to save all my apps so i don't have to go back and install them?

thanks for your help,

new rooted droid
lfy 1.41
no theme, not overclocked[/QUOTE

I am too a first time rom'r with 1.4. But yea, if you wipe(which is highly recommended) between flashing roms. You will have to re-set your home screens and layouts. But be sure to make a nandroid backup before you flash in case you arent happy w/ the new Rom. Then you can, i believe, flash back to your old rom w/ how you set it up previously?
On saving your apps... TitaniumBackup is supposed to have a feature in it to where you can back up and/or restore all your apps easily.
bsems1000 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old August 25th, 2010, 02:25 PM   #157 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Wilmington, DE
Posts: 1,307
 
Device(s): Moto Droid Nook Color
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 114
Thanked 517 Times in 295 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by slider5634 View Post
EDIT: Doh!!! When I try to download via the phone, i get "Cannot download. The content is not supported on this phone". That's rather annoying. I remember having an app to work around this before, but I can't remember what it was called.
Just so you know, this is a common error when DLing files (including apks and zip files) on the stock browser. I've never once had this problem on Dolphin HD, which is why I solely use Dolphin HD for my phone downloads.

So, if you haven't yet been successful downloading to your phone, try Dolphin and see if it works then.
__________________
Droid
Project Elite 6.5 test/CorCor67 PE 1150Mhz SV
Nook Color
Dual boot from eMMC: CM7/Dalingrin OC kernel at 1350Mhz + Nook Color Stock 1.2 rooted
GirLuvsDroid is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old August 25th, 2010, 02:34 PM   #158 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 33
 
Device(s): OG Droid PE GB v5.0.2 RaidZero 1.1 Ghz
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 5
Thanked 2 Times in 1 Post
Default

Great. Now I have backup and wipe and try this ROM out. Thanks for ruining my night.

Really looking forward to trying this out. Everything Liquid does works great on my droid. Great ROMs and themes. Thanks again Team Liquid!
__________________
OG Droid
Liquid Ginger Bread 1.92
Chevy ulowV 1.25 Ghz
jjl1911 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old August 25th, 2010, 02:36 PM   #159 (permalink)
VZW Nexus Please!!!
 
UBRocked's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Ohio
Posts: 4,300
 
Device(s): See my signature...this section isn't big enough anymore!
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 1,796
Thanked 1,633 Times in 894 Posts
ubrocked@gmail.com
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by slider5634 View Post
Okay, I've run this download 6+ times now with both my phone and my laptop and run the MD5 on it from three different machines. All 3 machines return the same code and it's NOT the correct one. The file is the correct size. So, I'm really not sure. The only constants at this point are the download location and my ISP. Does anyone have an alternate download source for this ROM? I'd like to rule out the download source as the problem.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GirLuvsDroid View Post
Just so you know, this is a common error when DLing files (including apks and zip files) on the stock browser. I've never once had this problem on Dolphin HD, which is why I solely use Dolphin HD for my phone downloads.

So, if you haven't yet been successful downloading to your phone, try Dolphin and see if it works then.
Nope...there IS an issue with the checksum. Looks as if the ROM file was modified at some point in time...

The MD5 listed DOES checks out with the final release candidate I downloaded on 8/23 @ 9:06pm.

The current download DOES NOT match when you run the MD5 Checksum. Looks like the wrong checksum was copied over???
UBRocked is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old August 25th, 2010, 02:53 PM   #160 (permalink)
Member
 
klwheat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 172
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 26
Thanked 5 Times in 5 Posts
Default

Well, I've loved liquid 1.3, 1.4 and now i want to love 1.5...but i can't keep it booted up long enough to find out
I installed LFY 1.5, the SFY 1.5, then slayher 1.2 kernel. I've been using p3 or chevy 1.2 and 1.25 ULV kernels with NO issues since I rooted in April. I used the last rendition of slayher kernel, but was hoping to get this one with compcache running. Unfortunately, for whatever reason, I'm just getting TONS of random reboots. I'll be in the middle of sending a text or surfing the net....and boom...reboot.
Well, I'll post again when i reload a new kernel and try again.
__________________
Larry L. Wheat II
President/Co-founder
A Butterfly's Touch
http://www.abutterflystouch.org
Next time you think you're perfect, try walking on water.
klwheat is offline  
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old August 25th, 2010, 03:07 PM   #161 (permalink)
jfe
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 335
 
Device(s): Samsung Note3
Carrier: Verizon

Thanks: 18
Thanked 5 Times in 5 Posts
Default

OK, I just loaded it, as well as all my apps, and it works OK

Not faster than BB, but runs pretty nice

Do like the smoked theme though
__________________
IF WAR IS WHAT THEY WANT, THEN WAR IS WHAT THEY SHALL HAVE!!!

TONIGHT!.. WE DINE IN HELL!!!!
jfe is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old August 25th, 2010, 03:16 PM   #162 (permalink)
Usually off topic
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: FG
Posts: 10,471
 
Device(s): Gnex N7
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 2,169
Thanked 4,980 Times in 3,271 Posts
Default

So the 1200 custom kernel quit playing nice with my phone whatsoever, rebooted while running an app. Not sure if it was heat or too little voltage. Going to try the SV 1200 kernel I was using with 1.4, if I still have the heat problem I think I will drop down to the 1100 or 1k.
__________________
Forum Gaming
Yeahha is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old August 25th, 2010, 03:17 PM   #163 (permalink)
jfe
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 335
 
Device(s): Samsung Note3
Carrier: Verizon

Thanks: 18
Thanked 5 Times in 5 Posts
Default

Err, I just realized something

My camera ain't working NO MORE!!!
jfe is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old August 25th, 2010, 03:26 PM   #164 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: CBus, OH
Posts: 62
 
Device(s): Droid
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 3
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
cblake34
Default

Anyone else use the Pixie Dust notification tone and it sounds a little off? I have narrowed my muffled sounds down to that sound, the rest seem just fine.
Damademan3 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old August 25th, 2010, 03:28 PM   #165 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 6
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 1
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hammer690 View Post
The voice dialer app is missing. I pulled the app from another rom and it works fine although you don’t get the voice prompt (speak now) but that prompt did not work in v1.4 either.
Thank you for taking the time to answer my question!
dugwhitney is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old August 25th, 2010, 03:30 PM   #166 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 137
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 13
Thanked 16 Times in 16 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by guttyla View Post
i'm new to rooting as i just rooted for the 1st time yesterday to lfy1.41. i reloaded all my apps and set my screens up as i like. question is:

if i install the lfy1.5, do i need to reinstall all my apps and re-set up my screens?
is there a way to save all this?
is there a way to save what i did as a theme?
is there a way to save all my apps so i don't have to go back and install them?

thanks for your help,

new rooted droid
lfy 1.41
no theme, not overclocked
Before you install the rom, run a full backup with Titanium backup. Install your new rom. Let it synch to market and redownload everything. Setup your launcher (adw or LP) to the same number of screens you ran before. Go into Titanium backup and restore the launcher you use. It will ask you what to restore. Just restore the data, reboot, and all your icons will be back.
bemenaker is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to bemenaker For This Useful Post:
Amrov (August 25th, 2010)
Old August 25th, 2010, 03:33 PM   #167 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 55
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Default

i am newish to launcherpro and wondering how you apply the skin?

NM if i looked before i typed i would figure stuff out :P
themans23 is offline  
Last edited by themans23; August 25th, 2010 at 03:37 PM.
Reply With Quote
Old August 25th, 2010, 03:50 PM   #168 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Wilmington, DE
Posts: 1,307
 
Device(s): Moto Droid Nook Color
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 114
Thanked 517 Times in 295 Posts
Default For those having FCs and other issues with the Market

Assuming you have one of the themes in the OP installed, the FCs in the Market app (Vending.apk) are caused by some unknown conflict as a consequence of inverting the Vending.apk to black. Not everyone has this issue (I don't, for instance), but if you do, then here's what I suggest.

Go to the OP for v1.4 (http://androidforums.com/droid-roms/150437-liquid-frozen-yogurt-v1-4-frg22-custom-rom-built-source-updated-patch-ota-update-fix.html) and download the v1.4 theme that's consistent with the one you're using for v1.5 (i.e., the v1.4 Blueberry theme if you're using Blueberry on v1.5). Take the Vending.apk from that theme (which should be themed similarly to your current theme, but not inverted) and replace Vending.apk in /system/app with that Vending.apk. For me, the easiest way to do that is with Root Explorer or with an update zip file.

Make a backup of your current setup first!

Root Explorer Method
Once you've backed up, simply copy the Vending.apk on your SD card, then:
-Use Root Explorer to copy the apk from you SD card
-Go to /system/app/, touch the "Mount R/W" button at the top and touch "Paste" at the bottom
-Long-press on the pasted file, and set the permissions so that all the check boxes in the Read column are checked, only the User checkbox under Write is checked, and nothing is checked under Execute (when you hit okay, you'll see "rw-r--r--" under the app name.
-Touch "Mount R/O" at the top
-Reboot.

Update zip Method
Here's the "cheater's" method of doing an update zip:
-On your PC, take the v1.4 theme file from which you're getting the Vending.apk, right click on it and open it as an archive using 7zip or WinRar (don't ever unzip this file!)
-Inside the zip archive, you'll see 2 folders: META-INF and system
-Don't touch the META-INF folder
-Open the system folder and delete the framework folder
-Open the app folder and delete all the apps EXCEPT Vending.apk
-Close the zip archive, rename it to something like "Non-InvertedBlueberryVending" and put it on your SD card (if you use SPRecovery, then you need to name it update.zip and put it on the root of your SD card).
-Boot into recovery, making sure you've made your backup, then install it as an update zip exactly the same way you would install a ROM or theme
-Reboot.

You should now have a themed non-inverted (normal) Market, which hopefully won't have the issues you're having with the inverted version.
GirLuvsDroid is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old August 25th, 2010, 03:54 PM   #169 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 130
 
Device(s): Motorola Droid
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 6
Thanked 9 Times in 8 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by UBRocked View Post
Nope...there IS an issue with the checksum. Looks as if the ROM file was modified at some point in time...

The MD5 listed DOES checks out with the final release candidate I downloaded on 8/23 @ 9:06pm.

The current download DOES NOT match when you run the MD5 Checksum. Looks like the wrong checksum was copied over???
Okay, feel free to correct me at any point here. In the past, I've only ever used md5sum checks to verify Linux distro ISOs to verify I wasn't about to use a horked image.

If in this case the value is NOT correct, wouldn't this theoretically mean something is not right with this ROM? If that is indeed the case and you have an older download with the correct checksum, would you be able to upload it somewhere and either post or PM me a link so I can try it?

I'd like to find out if this current DL is indeed broken or if I'm just doing something wrong during the install process to break things. Obviously the checksum is no longer correct, but there's the potential for something to have been changed and the posted checksum simply wasn't updated.
slider5634 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old August 25th, 2010, 04:48 PM   #170 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 25
 
Device(s): Moto Droid HTC Thunderbolt
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

I am running 1.5 and I love it. Just a few questions

1. What cpu temperature is the threshold where we might start experiencing problems? Does anybody have a recommended setcpu profile?

2. After installing a custom kernal, how would one revert everything back to stock if we had too?

3. How do we uninstall themes? I tried overwriting by just installing a new one and it left some parts of the old theme.

TIA
Automatik is offline  
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old August 25th, 2010, 05:04 PM   #171 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: NC
Posts: 47
 
Device(s): Fascinate
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 14
Thanked 7 Times in 6 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damademan3 View Post
Anyone else use the Pixie Dust notification tone and it sounds a little off? I have narrowed my muffled sounds down to that sound, the rest seem just fine.
Yes I have noticed the same thing. It was the same way for me on 1.4, I was hoping that 1.5 would fix the problem but it is still off a little bit. The rom runs so smooth though I am putting up with it. Would be nice if I could find the original file somewhere and swap it out though.
Sele is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old August 25th, 2010, 05:06 PM   #172 (permalink)
Member
 
klwheat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 172
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 26
Thanked 5 Times in 5 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by klwheat View Post
Well, I've loved liquid 1.3, 1.4 and now i want to love 1.5...but i can't keep it booted up long enough to find out
I installed LFY 1.5, the SFY 1.5, then slayher 1.2 kernel. I've been using p3 or chevy 1.2 and 1.25 ULV kernels with NO issues since I rooted in April. I used the last rendition of slayher kernel, but was hoping to get this one with compcache running. Unfortunately, for whatever reason, I'm just getting TONS of random reboots. I'll be in the middle of sending a text or surfing the net....and boom...reboot.
Well, I'll post again when i reload a new kernel and try again.
Okay, re-installed the Chevy 1.2ghz ulv kernel I've used successfully many times, and viola. LFY 1.5 smoked and running smooth! I love it so far. Now, I guess I'll have to try to work the slayher kernel issue, because I'd love to use the compcache feature. Any one have suggestions?
klwheat is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old August 25th, 2010, 05:12 PM   #173 (permalink)
ROM Developer
Thread Author (OP)
 
liquid0624's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 114
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 198 Times in 37 Posts
Default

OK the checksums have been fixed i apologize for that one was my fault they should match
liquid0624 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old August 25th, 2010, 05:18 PM   #174 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 48
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 4
Thanked 11 Times in 6 Posts
Default

Does anyone have the kernel download link (only the kernel) from the stock image of the original 1.4 (or if its the same one from 1.5 as well) I just don't really like the modified kernel and I can tell its definitely running my phone hotter then I've had it run before (and I'm not even OC'ing).
ShuttleXpC is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old August 25th, 2010, 05:27 PM   #175 (permalink)
ROM Developer
Thread Author (OP)
 
liquid0624's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 114
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 198 Times in 37 Posts
Default

Try the 1000 slayher you won't be disappointed
liquid0624 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old August 25th, 2010, 05:33 PM   #176 (permalink)
Usually off topic
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: FG
Posts: 10,471
 
Device(s): Gnex N7
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 2,169
Thanked 4,980 Times in 3,271 Posts
Default

I think I will be going to the 1K or 1100 kernel, I tried the SV 1200 by slayher but after my phone rebooted 3 times and then a boot loop I had to restore a backup to stock 800, not sure why my phone decided to act up with 1.5 since I was running the SV kernel with 1.4 but oh well, even at 800 my phone is still snappy!
Yeahha is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old August 25th, 2010, 05:50 PM   #177 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Texas
Posts: 115
 
Device(s): Motorola Droid
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 33
Thanked 9 Times in 9 Posts
Default Help - stuck on opening screen loop

phone won't go past the opening graphics -- Droid Does then blue eye thing, repeating the loop. 5 min now... loop keeps getting shorter, but won't get out of it... Did I need to be on a previous version of LFY first, or is this a complete ROM? (I assumed the latter...) I downloaded using ROM manager. Is that one not working?

Edit: I pulled the battery (had to to be able to restart), went into Clockwork recovery mode, did another wipe, reinstalled LFY1.5, and this time it finally took me into restart.
Amrov is offline  
Last edited by Amrov; August 25th, 2010 at 05:57 PM. Reason: fixed... i hope.
Reply With Quote
Old August 25th, 2010, 05:56 PM   #178 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
digdug1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 1,962
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 147
Thanked 309 Times in 246 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShuttleXpC View Post
Does anyone have the kernel download link (only the kernel) from the stock image of the original 1.4 (or if its the same one from 1.5 as well) I just don't really like the modified kernel and I can tell its definitely running my phone hotter then I've had it run before (and I'm not even OC'ing).

i have been having this same problem since i flashed 1.5!! phone runs very hot reguardless of what i clock it back to. i am thinking of reloading 1.4. also my battery temp doesnt seem to be reporting accurately. i havent found a solution yet
digdug1 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old August 25th, 2010, 05:57 PM   #179 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 48
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 4
Thanked 11 Times in 6 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by digdug1 View Post
i have been having this same problem since i flashed 1.5!! phone runs very hot reguardless of what i clock it back to. i am thinking of reloading 1.4. also my battery temp doesnt seem to be reporting accurately. i havent found a solution yet
Yeah, when I'm running something like Xiialive (which happens to use a lot of data from 3g) the phone get to 47c simply sitting there. Before, the highest I EVER saw it while running something like Xiia or Pandora it was only 42c.

I just hope its possible to get the stock kernel from 1.4 version on this one, because I love the ROM despite the kernel problems I'm having.
ShuttleXpC is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old August 25th, 2010, 05:59 PM   #180 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 55
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amrov View Post
phone won't go past the opening graphics -- Droid Does then blue eye thing, repeating the loop. 5 min now... loop keeps getting shorter, but won't get out of it... Did I need to be on a previous version of LFY first, or is this a complete ROM? (I assumed the latter...) I downloaded using ROM manager. Is that one not working?

Edit: I pulled the battery (had to to be able to restart), went into Clockwork recovery mode, did another wipe, reinstalled LFY1.5, and this time it finally took me into restart.

Did you delete data/cache? and did you download the ROM or a THEME? you must download the ROM first then the THEME...

Edit to your edit, glad you got it working.
themans23 is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to themans23 For This Useful Post:
Amrov (August 25th, 2010)
sponsored links
Old August 25th, 2010, 06:04 PM   #181 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Nyghtryder_9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 22
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 1
Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts
Default

Quick ? Installed the BnB last night and just to plain fo r me. Tryed to install smoke theme and it force closed every program. I know I am doing something wrong du e to the high painkillers currently in my system ( broken leg ). Any suggestions
Nyghtryder_9 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old August 25th, 2010, 06:13 PM   #182 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Texas
Posts: 115
 
Device(s): Motorola Droid
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 33
Thanked 9 Times in 9 Posts
Default

Haven't tried themes yet. Now, if they come up with something *purple* (hint hint and I would pay) I might. I saw a *gorgeous* Purple Passion theme that is supposed to work on stock Froyo, but have been afraid to see if it works on LFY.
Amrov is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old August 25th, 2010, 06:18 PM   #183 (permalink)
Member
 
klwheat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 172
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 26
Thanked 5 Times in 5 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeahha View Post
I think I will be going to the 1K or 1100 kernel, I tried the SV 1200 by slayher but after my phone rebooted 3 times and then a boot loop I had to restore a backup to stock 800, not sure why my phone decided to act up with 1.5 since I was running the SV kernel with 1.4 but oh well, even at 800 my phone is still snappy!
so it wasn't just me....good to hear.
I went back to my 1.25ghz chevy kernel, and it's been great. I think i'll try the slayher 1100 also to compare results. (and stability! )
klwheat is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old August 25th, 2010, 06:20 PM   #184 (permalink)
Member
 
klwheat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 172
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 26
Thanked 5 Times in 5 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amrov View Post
Haven't tried themes yet. Now, if they come up with something *purple* (hint hint and I would pay) I might. I saw a *gorgeous* Purple Passion theme that is supposed to work on stock Froyo, but have been afraid to see if it works on LFY.
That would be great...except that I'd NEVER get my phone back from my daughter! She already steals it all the time to play barbie puzzles...lol
klwheat is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old August 25th, 2010, 06:54 PM   #185 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 130
 
Device(s): Motorola Droid
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 6
Thanked 9 Times in 8 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by liquid0624 View Post
OK the checksums have been fixed i apologize for that one was my fault they should match
Okay. Thanks for the update. Checksum matches now. Just need to figure out why it is that my phone is boot looping now. Is SPRecovery_ESE81 okay to use for rooting prior to this ROM or should I be using a different .sfb file?
slider5634 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old August 25th, 2010, 06:57 PM   #186 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Texas
Posts: 115
 
Device(s): Motorola Droid
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 33
Thanked 9 Times in 9 Posts
Default Visual Voicemail -- gone?

My Visual Voicemail is gone since installing LFY1.5. Can't see it in the Market either, and I can't seem to be able to restore it from any backup. What gives? I pay for that service and still need it...
Amrov is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old August 25th, 2010, 07:11 PM   #187 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 65
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 12
Thanked 6 Times in 6 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by digdug1 View Post
am i correct to assume that if compache is built into the rom, that slayhers 1.6 kernals will also enable compache with this rom? i am digging 1.5 but i cant get the 1.5 kernals to cooperate. i may go back to to the 1.6 kernals if so.

EDIT: this does not appear to be a kernal issue either. i reinstalled the 1.6 kernal(no problems on 1.4) and am having the same problem: phone is running hot by feel and cpu temp(which is responding accurately) but the battery temp will not respond correctly.
Just so we're clear, these kernels are all v1.6

The 1.5 (on the site from where you downloaded them originally)
designates LFY 1.5, not slayher's latest kernel version (which is 1.6)

GirluvsDroid stated that the kernel made for LFY 1.5
isn't the same as the 1.6 in his thread at CM forums...
__________________

HTC Rezound Currently FUBAR'D
HTC Thunderbolt (Runs better than the Rezound)
SigmunDroid is offline  
Last edited by SigmunDroid; August 25th, 2010 at 07:25 PM.
Reply With Quote
Old August 25th, 2010, 07:16 PM   #188 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 65
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 12
Thanked 6 Times in 6 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfe View Post
Ok, I am running bugless beast right now. Interested on using this ROM, anyone here using it coming from BB?

Any gotchas I should look for?

Have you seen any performance improvements from BB?

I love Pete's work...
That said my phone has been a lightning bolt of freaking chocolate thunder!

The scary thing is that nothing loads, it's just about instantaneous!
Even more scarier is that when I am switching home screens by swiping
and mid way I want to change it, the launcher responds in real time and
makes the switch! I've never had this happen

I had a huge lag, on the first swipe with BB v0.4...
With Liquid's ROM everything runs like it drinks Red Balls dude!

You won't regret it.
SigmunDroid is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old August 25th, 2010, 07:16 PM   #189 (permalink)
VZW Nexus Please!!!
 
UBRocked's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Ohio
Posts: 4,300
 
Device(s): See my signature...this section isn't big enough anymore!
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 1,796
Thanked 1,633 Times in 894 Posts
ubrocked@gmail.com
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by slider5634 View Post
Okay, feel free to correct me at any point here. In the past, I've only ever used md5sum checks to verify Linux distro ISOs to verify I wasn't about to use a horked image.

If in this case the value is NOT correct, wouldn't this theoretically mean something is not right with this ROM? If that is indeed the case and you have an older download with the correct checksum, would you be able to upload it somewhere and either post or PM me a link so I can try it?

I'd like to find out if this current DL is indeed broken or if I'm just doing something wrong during the install process to break things. Obviously the checksum is no longer correct, but there's the potential for something to have been changed and the posted checksum simply wasn't updated.
Most likely you are doing something wrong. The reason the checksum was wrong was because the md5 key was simply generated for a different file...that's all... please follow the instructions in the original post...
UBRocked is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old August 25th, 2010, 07:18 PM   #190 (permalink)
Member
 
SoDroid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Denver
Posts: 382
 
Device(s): Motorola Droid
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 117
Thanked 76 Times in 52 Posts
Send a message via ICQ to SoDroid
Default

Everyone that is having snaptastic performance, are you running the kernel on Interactive or something else?
__________________
Bionic (Rooted)
Twitter: http://twitter.com/#!/SoDroid (For Android & Tech News)
SoDroid is offline  
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old August 25th, 2010, 07:25 PM   #191 (permalink)
Antidisestablishmentarian
 
johnlgalt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: 3rd Rock
Gender: Male
Posts: 9,395
 
Device(s): Motorola® DROID® BIONIC®
Carrier: VZW

Thanks: 2,168
Thanked 1,919 Times in 1,362 Posts
Send a message via ICQ to johnlgalt Send a message via MSN to johnlgalt Send a message via Yahoo to johnlgalt Send a message via Skype™ to johnlgalt johnlgalt@gmail.com
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by UBRocked View Post
Nope...there IS an issue with the checksum. Looks as if the ROM file was modified at some point in time...

The MD5 listed DOES checks out with the final release candidate I downloaded on 8/23 @ 9:06pm.

The current download DOES NOT match when you run the MD5 Checksum. Looks like the wrong checksum was copied over???
Quote:
Originally Posted by slider5634 View Post
Okay, feel free to correct me at any point here. In the past, I've only ever used md5sum checks to verify Linux distro ISOs to verify I wasn't about to use a horked image.

If in this case the value is NOT correct, wouldn't this theoretically mean something is not right with this ROM? If that is indeed the case and you have an older download with the correct checksum, would you be able to upload it somewhere and either post or PM me a link so I can try it?

I'd like to find out if this current DL is indeed broken or if I'm just doing something wrong during the install process to break things. Obviously the checksum is no longer correct, but there's the potential for something to have been changed and the posted checksum simply wasn't updated.
Quote:
Originally Posted by UBRocked View Post
Most likely you are doing something wrong. The reason the checksum was wrong was because the md5 key was simply generated for a different file...that's all... please follow the instructions in the original post...
based upon this sequence of posts, along with Liquid's own admission that there was an error:

I have in my possession 2 different LFY 1.5 files - the old one with an MD5 of 7D9B9AE7FA64500FEDEBDE2A854D70BF and the new one with the same MD5 as slider is posting - 2558EA8999955E75AECDFEE38ED3A111

Would it be safe to say that all users should double verify that the file they have on their SDCard is in fact producing 2558EA8999955E75AECDFEE38ED3A111 for an MD5 string, n if it is instead producing 7D9B9AE7FA64500FEDEBDE2A854D70BF that they should then re-download the file right now and reinstall (without having to wipe) over their currently installed file?

I ma going to do that anyway. I am now glad that I had not installed the smoked theme yet....

Oh, and Kudos in including the Android DSP / EQ package - However, weirdly enough, EQ for music playing through my MOTOROKR T505 is only affected when I enable the EQ in speaker.....
__________________

Files for the Motorola® DROID® BIONIC®:
Motorola USB drivers v5.9.0 | Motorola RSD Lite v5.7
My DropBox Referral link
johnlgalt is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old August 25th, 2010, 07:27 PM   #192 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 65
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 12
Thanked 6 Times in 6 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoDroid View Post
Everyone that is having snaptastic performance, are you running the kernel on Interactive or something else?

I am running on interactive.
BUT whatever scaling governor you choose....

Your profile needs to match up with the one you set
on the main screen because SETCPU hasn't been updated to
use multiple scaling governors within the Profile setup menu.
SigmunDroid is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old August 25th, 2010, 07:42 PM   #193 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 65
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 12
Thanked 6 Times in 6 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amrov View Post
Haven't tried themes yet. Now, if they come up with something *purple* (hint hint and I would pay) I might. I saw a *gorgeous* Purple Passion theme that is supposed to work on stock Froyo, but have been afraid to see if it works on LFY.

A theme (in order to run on a ROM) must be made for
the ROM you flash, or want to. Don't just load any theme
you see that you like.
SigmunDroid is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old August 25th, 2010, 07:45 PM   #194 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 65
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 12
Thanked 6 Times in 6 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amrov View Post
My Visual Voicemail is gone since installing LFY1.5. Can't see it in the Market either, and I can't seem to be able to restore it from any backup. What gives? I pay for that service and still need it...
Did you download, install and run Titanium backup
and back up that app prior to flashing?
SigmunDroid is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old August 25th, 2010, 07:49 PM   #195 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 130
 
Device(s): Motorola Droid
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 6
Thanked 9 Times in 8 Posts
Default

SUCCESS!!! Wiped out the phone again with a VZW 2.0.1 restore. Ran the 2.1 upgd followed by ESE81. Did both a data and cache wipe, then applied the ROM upgd. Unplugged from USB and booted up phone. It worked!!! Wow... I've only been trying ALL day. Thanks for the fantastic help by the way. Sometimes it just helps to bounce ideas off other people. Now to decide on a theme. Hmmmm....
slider5634 is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to slider5634 For This Useful Post:
UBRocked (August 25th, 2010)
Old August 25th, 2010, 07:51 PM   #196 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 65
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 12
Thanked 6 Times in 6 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by UBRocked View Post
Most likely you are doing something wrong. The reason the checksum was wrong was because the md5 key was simply generated for a different file...that's all... please follow the instructions in the original post...

UBRocked....

Can you confirm (since compcache gets broken with any other kernel)
installed after the one that comes with 1.5 LFY...

Can we write a script (posted at CM forum) which tells
the system to enable compcache at boot with any of the kernels
either in his nightly OR the ones on the OP of this thread?
SigmunDroid is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old August 25th, 2010, 07:55 PM   #197 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
digdug1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 1,962
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 147
Thanked 309 Times in 246 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SigmunDroid View Post
Just so we're clear, these kernels are all v1.6

The 1.5 (on the site from where you downloaded them originally)
designates LFY 1.5, not slayher's latest kernel version (which is 1.6)

GirluvsDroid stated that the kernel made for LFY 1.5
isn't the same as the 1.6 in his thread at CM forums...

i had used the 1.6 kernal with liquid 1.4 and had no issues with heat or battery temp readings. i have tried both the lfy 1.5 and the 1.6 kernals and am having the same issues, hot phone and my battery temp is very SLOW to respond. example: if i run the stress test i can see the battery's temps still and it will not change for the first 7 or 8 minutes then all of a sudden go from like 100 to 110 then when i stop the test it will stay there and minutes later suddenly drop by several degrees. i even tried putting it over the ac vent and same results lol.
digdug1 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old August 25th, 2010, 07:56 PM   #198 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 65
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 12
Thanked 6 Times in 6 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by slider5634 View Post
SUCCESS!!! Wiped out the phone again with a VZW 2.0.1 restore. Ran the 2.1 upgd followed by ESE81. Did both a data and cache wipe, then applied the ROM upgd. Unplugged from USB and booted up phone. It worked!!! Wow... I've only been trying ALL day. Thanks for the fantastic help by the way. Sometimes it just helps to bounce ideas off other people. Now to decide on a theme. Hmmmm....

Well I'm not sure if this was fixed with 1.5
but for 1.4 I first use Tangerine...then I used
Black N Bold....Now I have a mix of the two and it's tight!
SigmunDroid is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old August 25th, 2010, 07:59 PM   #199 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 65
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 12
Thanked 6 Times in 6 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by digdug1 View Post
i had used the 1.6 kernal with liquid 1.4 and had no issues with heat or battery temp readings. i have tried both the lfy 1.5 and the 1.6 kernals and am having the same issues, hot phone and my battery temp is very SLOW to respond. example: if i run the stress test i can see the battery's temps still and it will not change for the first 7 or 8 minutes then all of a sudden go from like 100 to 110 then when i stop the test it will stay there and minutes later suddenly drop by several degrees. i even tried putting it over the ac vent and same results lol.

I had read somewhere that this is an Android OS issue
but how weird that it didn't affect you in 1.4?

I haven't flashed 1.5 yet because I had an issue with a edited eri.XML
file (I wanted to change my banner) and for some reason after resigning
the framework-res.apk my phone had a bunch of force closes and
it took 20 minutes to get to the app section and flash a backup I had made....
SigmunDroid is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old August 25th, 2010, 08:04 PM   #200 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
digdug1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 1,962
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 147
Thanked 309 Times in 246 Posts
Default

i know weird right? even weirder this the first rom i have had this problem with...
digdug1 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply


Go Back   Android Forums > Android Development > Developer Forums > liquid0624
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:32 AM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.