Go Back   Android Forums > Android Development > Developer Forums > liquid0624

Get excited for the Samsung Galaxy S5! Find everything you need and discuss it in our Galaxy S5 Forum!

test: Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old November 6th, 2010, 11:08 AM   #1 (permalink)
ROM Developer
Thread Author (OP)
 
liquid0624's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 114
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 198 Times in 37 Posts
Thumbs up Liquid Frozen Yogurt v1.9 (Black Liquid Edition Source Rom!!! So Fast Its Frozen!!!)





ROM & KERNELS
CHANGES & CREDITS =>CLICK HERE
HASH & CHECKSUMS =>CLICK HERE
INSTALLATION GUIDE =>CLICK HERE
SYSTEM SCRIPTS LIST =>CLICK HERE
THEMERS & CREDITS =>CLICK HERE
THEME SCREENSHOTS =>CLICK HERE
ALTERNATIVE KERNELS =>CLICK HERE

LIQUID FROZEN YOGURT v1.9
(BLACK LIQUID EDITION) =>DOWNLOAD NOW

LIQUID CLASSIC THEMES
BLUEBERRY v1.9 (THEME) =>DOWNLOAD NOW
GALAXY S v1.9 (THEME) =>DOWNLOAD NOW
REVOLUTION v1.9 (THEME) =>DOWNLOAD NOW
SMOKED v1.9 (THEME) =>DOWNLOAD NOW
TANGERINE v1.9 (THEME) =>DOWNLOAD NOW
WATERMARK D v1.9 (THEME) =>DOWNLOAD NOW


COME SUPPORT US
YOUR FAVORITE ROM IS NOW ON SERVER
IRC.FREENODE.NETCHANNEL##LIQUID



PLEASE DONATE TOLIQUID CLICKTO DONATE!!!
DONATE TO MY
LIQUIDZGRLCLICKTODONATE!!!

PLEASE DONATE TO
RAZIELXCLICKTO DONATE!!!
PLEASE DONATE TO
SLAYHERCLICKTO DONATE!!!



ROM & THEMES FOR ORIGINAL MOTODROID ONLY!!!

liquid0624 is offline  
Last edited by liquid0624; November 7th, 2010 at 07:02 PM.
Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to liquid0624 For This Useful Post:
Amrov (November 9th, 2010), GirLuvsDroid (November 6th, 2010), Rodeojones (November 6th, 2010), thaDroidz (November 6th, 2010), YankeeDudeL (November 6th, 2010)
sponsored links
Old November 6th, 2010, 11:08 AM   #2 (permalink)
ROM Developer
Thread Author (OP)
 
liquid0624's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 114
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 198 Times in 37 Posts
Default

Reserved...
liquid0624 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old November 6th, 2010, 11:26 AM   #3 (permalink)
ROM Developer
Thread Author (OP)
 
liquid0624's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 114
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 198 Times in 37 Posts
Default

This release is definitely my very best work so far amazing speed and looks stunning
liquid0624 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old November 6th, 2010, 11:28 AM   #4 (permalink)
Member
 
thaDroidz's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: texas
Posts: 397
 
Device(s): Droid
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 49
Thanked 32 Times in 23 Posts
Default

Now this is the 1.9 thread I have been waiting for and that's no joke!
thaDroidz is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old November 6th, 2010, 11:35 AM   #5 (permalink)
Member
 
Rodeojones's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Bloomer, WI
Posts: 411
 
Device(s): Samsung Galaxy Nexus - unlocked & rooted
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 18
Thanked 47 Times in 35 Posts
Default

Got the stock version up and running about 45 minutes ago. Super fast! If anyone is reading this thread and debating whether to try this ROM or not, DO IT! It is wonderful. It's obvious that Liquid and his team put a lot of work into it. I'm going to play around with the stock version for a while before going with a theme.

Excellent work as usual, Liquid!
Rodeojones is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Rodeojones For This Useful Post:
GirLuvsDroid (November 6th, 2010)
Old November 6th, 2010, 11:40 AM   #6 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Wilmington, DE
Posts: 1,307
 
Device(s): Moto Droid Nook Color
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 114
Thanked 516 Times in 295 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodeojones View Post
Got the stock version up and running about 45 minutes ago. Super fast! If anyone is reading this thread and debating whether to try this ROM or not, DO IT! It is wonderful. It's obvious that Liquid and his team put a lot of work into it. I'm going to play around with the stock version for a while before going with a theme.

Excellent work as usual, Liquid!

I couldn't agree more! I've been running this since Thursday and for me, it's been absolutely flawless. Liquid's best work yet!!!
__________________
Droid
Project Elite 6.5 test/CorCor67 PE 1150Mhz SV
Nook Color
Dual boot from eMMC: CM7/Dalingrin OC kernel at 1350Mhz + Nook Color Stock 1.2 rooted
GirLuvsDroid is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old November 6th, 2010, 12:53 PM   #7 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 23
 
Device(s): moto droid
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 1
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

its funny i was just thinking i was downloading 1.8 thru rom manager because the the one i downloaded thru my computer must have been corrupt. went thru everything installing what i thought was 1.8. checked the about phone and notice it was 1.9. Talk about suprised, as far as i can tell for the whole 10 min. its been on my phone im really liking it. It just keeps getting better and better from you guys.
20007.3stroker is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old November 6th, 2010, 01:14 PM   #8 (permalink)
Member
 
thaDroidz's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: texas
Posts: 397
 
Device(s): Droid
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 49
Thanked 32 Times in 23 Posts
Default

Theme? With this black version I will need no theme.. NICE!
Changed the text to yellow through liquids tweeks and its good to go for me.
IT LIKE IT BLACK!

Looks as if its clocked out of the box at 1100, may not even need additional help..

So far just stock BLACK LIQUID it can't get better.
thaDroidz is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old November 6th, 2010, 01:38 PM   #9 (permalink)
Member
 
Rodeojones's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Bloomer, WI
Posts: 411
 
Device(s): Samsung Galaxy Nexus - unlocked & rooted
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 18
Thanked 47 Times in 35 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by thaDroidz View Post
Theme? With this black version I will need no theme.. NICE!
Changed the text to yellow through liquids tweeks and its good to go for me.
IT LIKE IT BLACK!

Looks as if its clocked out of the box at 1100, may not even need additional help..

So far just stock BLACK LIQUID it can't get better.
No kidding. The stock ROM is beautiful. Simple and sleek. Even the themed widgets look great (something I usually don't like with stock ROMs). I think I'll be keeping it this way for a while.

Oh, one question though. On my lock screen I have something that's never been there before. In the past I've always had the clock, slider to unlock, and music controls - nothing else. But now mine says, in the top right, "Roaming Indicator Off." Is there a way to get rid of this?
Rodeojones is offline  
Last edited by Rodeojones; November 6th, 2010 at 01:42 PM.
Reply With Quote
Old November 6th, 2010, 01:46 PM   #10 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Wilmington, DE
Posts: 1,307
 
Device(s): Moto Droid Nook Color
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 114
Thanked 516 Times in 295 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodeojones View Post
Oh, one question though. On my lock screen I have something that's never been there before. In the past I've always had the clock, slider to unlock, and music controls - nothing else. But now mine says, in the top right, "Roaming Indicator Off." Is there a way to get rid of this?
Hmm, I'm not seeing that on my lock screen.
GirLuvsDroid is offline  
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old November 6th, 2010, 01:57 PM   #11 (permalink)
Member
 
Rodeojones's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Bloomer, WI
Posts: 411
 
Device(s): Samsung Galaxy Nexus - unlocked & rooted
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 18
Thanked 47 Times in 35 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GirLuvsDroid View Post
Hmm, I'm not seeing that on my lock screen.
It also appears on the top of my pull-down menu. Weird. I've never seen this before. And mine never said "Verizon Wireless" like many others. I was told by Verizon it's because I'm a former Alltel customer and I'm still technically on my old Alltel plan.
Rodeojones is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old November 6th, 2010, 02:00 PM   #12 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Wilmington, DE
Posts: 1,307
 
Device(s): Moto Droid Nook Color
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 114
Thanked 516 Times in 295 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodeojones View Post
It also appears on the top of my pull-down menu. Weird. I've never seen this before. And mine never said "Verizon Wireless" like many others. I was told by Verizon it's because I'm a former Alltel customer and I'm still technically on my old Alltel plan.
Someone else at Droid Forums just reported this same thing, but I'm baffled. I did edit the eri.xml file in the framework to show my name rather than Verizon Wireless, though, so I don't know if that's the difference.
GirLuvsDroid is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old November 6th, 2010, 02:12 PM   #13 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 23
 
Device(s): moto droid
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 1
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

i also have mine saying that the roaming indicator is off.
20007.3stroker is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old November 6th, 2010, 02:19 PM   #14 (permalink)
Member
 
Rodeojones's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Bloomer, WI
Posts: 411
 
Device(s): Samsung Galaxy Nexus - unlocked & rooted
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 18
Thanked 47 Times in 35 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 20007.3stroker View Post
i also have mine saying that the roaming indicator is off.
Let me guess. You're a former Alltel customer, right? I did a search of this issue and found some info (but, sadly, no solution). The common denominator for each one has been that we're former Alltel customers still using an Alltel plan. Verizon Droids would say "Verizon Wireless" in that spot. Our phones had nothing there (which I liked). I sure wish I could get rid of it.
Rodeojones is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old November 6th, 2010, 02:35 PM   #15 (permalink)
ROM Developer
Thread Author (OP)
 
liquid0624's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 114
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 198 Times in 37 Posts
Default

My screen shot bro is missing in action or i would have hopefully someone else i know is gonna take care of it soon will get them posted with the others
liquid0624 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old November 6th, 2010, 02:37 PM   #16 (permalink)
Member
 
Rodeojones's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Bloomer, WI
Posts: 411
 
Device(s): Samsung Galaxy Nexus - unlocked & rooted
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 18
Thanked 47 Times in 35 Posts
Default

I've got a theory about this "Roaming Indicator Off" issue. I could be completely wrong, but it's an idea that just came to me. When I flashed this ROM I did it differently than the way I usually do. When it came time to sign into my Google account I did the tap the corners trick to skip that step and then restore via Titanium Backup. I usually sign in, allow the market to sync and then use Titanium Backup to restore missing apps and data. I just went back to V1.71 and I'm going to reflash - this time not skipping the signing in part and see if anything changes.

EDIT: Nothing changed. It's still there.
Rodeojones is offline  
Last edited by Rodeojones; November 6th, 2010 at 02:47 PM.
Reply With Quote
Old November 6th, 2010, 02:47 PM   #17 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 23
 
Device(s): moto droid
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 1
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

i always sign in then before google can restore my apps i do it with titanium back up( ya im impatiant when it comes to being able to use my phone). im actually searching my phone to see if theres anything that can help.
20007.3stroker is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old November 6th, 2010, 03:27 PM   #18 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Wilmington, DE
Posts: 1,307
 
Device(s): Moto Droid Nook Color
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 114
Thanked 516 Times in 295 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodeojones View Post
I've got a theory about this "Roaming Indicator Off" issue. I could be completely wrong, but it's an idea that just came to me. When I flashed this ROM I did it differently than the way I usually do. When it came time to sign into my Google account I did the tap the corners trick to skip that step and then restore via Titanium Backup. I usually sign in, allow the market to sync and then use Titanium Backup to restore missing apps and data. I just went back to V1.71 and I'm going to reflash - this time not skipping the signing in part and see if anything changes.

EDIT: Nothing changed. It's still there.
Rodeojones, I'd like to try an experiment. I've modded the eri.xml file in the stock LFY 1.9 framework-res.apk to say "Rodeojones" instead of "Verizon Wireless." Please make a backup of your current setup, then flash this framework (it's in update zip format, so you can flash it like a theme from recovery, without wiping). Let us know if that fixes the "Roaming Indicator Off" issue for you.

https://docs.google.com/leaf?id=0B4SLqCKNRutANzgxNmNhYTYtYTdmNy00NDE5LWE0Z TgtOTQ4ZDBhZDUxOGM5&sort=name&layout=list&num=50
GirLuvsDroid is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to GirLuvsDroid For This Useful Post:
Rodeojones (November 6th, 2010)
Old November 6th, 2010, 04:09 PM   #19 (permalink)
Member
 
Rodeojones's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Bloomer, WI
Posts: 411
 
Device(s): Samsung Galaxy Nexus - unlocked & rooted
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 18
Thanked 47 Times in 35 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GirLuvsDroid View Post
Rodeojones, I'd like to try an experiment. I've modded the eri.xml file in the stock LFY 1.9 framework-res.apk to say "Rodeojones" instead of "Verizon Wireless." Please make a backup of your current setup, then flash this framework (it's in update zip format, so you can flash it like a theme from recovery, without wiping). Let us know if that fixes the "Roaming Indicator Off" issue for you.

https://docs.google.com/leaf?id=0B4SLqCKNRutANzgxNmNhYTYtYTdmNy00NDE5LWE0Z TgtOTQ4ZDBhZDUxOGM5&sort=name&layout=list&num=50
Give me a few moments and I'll let you know what happens. Thanks for looking into this (even though you are by no means required to do so).

EDIT: The link you posted isn't working. It takes me to a Google Documents page and says page or document I'm requesting is not available.

I did manage to get rid of it (sorta) in the notification pull-down menu. I just went into Liquid Tweaks where it allows us to change colors and chaned the color referring to carrier to be completely transparent. The lockscreen issue still exists, though.
Rodeojones is offline  
Last edited by Rodeojones; November 6th, 2010 at 04:14 PM.
Reply With Quote
Old November 6th, 2010, 04:22 PM   #20 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Wilmington, DE
Posts: 1,307
 
Device(s): Moto Droid Nook Color
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 114
Thanked 516 Times in 295 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodeojones View Post
Give me a few moments and I'll let you know what happens. Thanks for looking into this (even though you are by no means required to do so).

EDIT: The link you posted isn't working. It takes me to a Google Documents page and says page or document I'm requesting is not available.

I did manage to get rid of it (sorta) in the notification pull-down menu. I just went into Liquid Tweaks where it allows us to change colors and chaned the color referring to carrier to be completely transparent. The lockscreen issue still exists, though.
Okay, try this link: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/12412435/LFY1.9ModdedFramework-Rodeojones.zip.
GirLuvsDroid is offline  
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old November 6th, 2010, 04:28 PM   #21 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
YankeeDudeL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 2,174
 
Device(s): Samsung Galaxy S3, OG Droid, Droid Incredible, Droid Charge, Droid Bionic, Samsung Stratosphere, Ace
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 1,352
Thanked 519 Times in 301 Posts
Send a message via AIM to YankeeDudeL Send a message via Yahoo to YankeeDudeL
Default

Got everything loading up now, very much looking forward to playing with this. I don't know what the status of RRS and RRI is, but I'm going to do a review, anyway. I'm very interested in seeing how it compares to 1.71, and you can be sure I'll let you know my opinion .
__________________
"How many bloody Gs are there?"
YankeeDudeL is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old November 6th, 2010, 04:38 PM   #22 (permalink)
Member
 
Rodeojones's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Bloomer, WI
Posts: 411
 
Device(s): Samsung Galaxy Nexus - unlocked & rooted
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 18
Thanked 47 Times in 35 Posts
Default

GirlLuvsDroid...It didn't get rid of the "Roaming Indicator Off" message. It ended up changing a few other things - the pull-down has an Android guy, the icons for 3G, battery percentage, etc. in the status bar are different, and the screen unlock sliders are also different - but other than that everything remains the same. Thanks for trying, though.
Rodeojones is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old November 6th, 2010, 04:43 PM   #23 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Wilmington, DE
Posts: 1,307
 
Device(s): Moto Droid Nook Color
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 114
Thanked 516 Times in 295 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodeojones View Post
GirlLuvsDroid...It didn't get rid of the "Roaming Indicator Off" message. It ended up changing a few other things - the pull-down has an Android guy, the icons for 3G, battery percentage, etc. in the status bar are different, and the screen unlock sliders are also different - but other than that everything remains the same. Thanks for trying, though.

Well damn! I was really hoping that would fix your issue -- and about changing icons, etc. -- my bad! I thought I had pulled the stock framework to start from, but apparently I used my themed framework instead! Sorry about that!
GirLuvsDroid is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old November 6th, 2010, 04:59 PM   #24 (permalink)
Member
 
Rodeojones's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Bloomer, WI
Posts: 411
 
Device(s): Samsung Galaxy Nexus - unlocked & rooted
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 18
Thanked 47 Times in 35 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GirLuvsDroid View Post
Well damn! I was really hoping that would fix your issue -- and about changing icons, etc. -- my bad! I thought I had pulled the stock framework to start from, but apparently I used my themed framework instead! Sorry about that!
Actually, if you don't mind I'll be keeping them. They add just a little bit extra to the stock ROM (and I really like the Android guy peaking at me when I pull down the notifications). It looks like you've pulled stuff from various themes and created your own. I recognize the battery icon as being from Watermark'd and I know I've used a ROM with that WiFi icon. You do some good work.

Thanks again for trying. It's not a major issue, just a little cosmetic thing I'll have to get used to. Incidentally, I went back to v1.71 to see if it was there and naturally it wasn't. This is the only version of any ROM where I've seen this. Weird.
Rodeojones is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old November 6th, 2010, 05:09 PM   #25 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Wilmington, DE
Posts: 1,307
 
Device(s): Moto Droid Nook Color
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 114
Thanked 516 Times in 295 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodeojones View Post
Actually, if you don't mind I'll be keeping them. They add just a little bit extra to the stock ROM (and I really like the Android guy peaking at me when I pull down the notifications). It looks like you've pulled stuff from various themes and created your own. I recognize the battery icon as being from Watermark'd and I know I've used a ROM with that WiFi icon. You do some good work.

Thanks again for trying. It's not a major issue, just a little cosmetic thing I'll have to get used to. Incidentally, I went back to v1.71 to see if it was there and naturally it wasn't. This is the only version of any ROM where I've seen this. Weird.
Of course you can keep them! And you called it -- I've pulled images from many many ROMs/themes over the months (none of the image work is my own, since I couldn't edit or create an image to save my life!), but the compilation is mine. You may find that it's more than you bargained for, though -- that framework will also affect your progress bar color (it's the green from NexTheme), your highlight color (greens) and the images in some of your menus. Your spinners will be blue now, too, your emoticons will be blue, etc., and you'll find many more changed images as you play with it.
GirLuvsDroid is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old November 6th, 2010, 05:15 PM   #26 (permalink)
Member
 
Rodeojones's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Bloomer, WI
Posts: 411
 
Device(s): Samsung Galaxy Nexus - unlocked & rooted
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 18
Thanked 47 Times in 35 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GirLuvsDroid View Post
Of course you can keep them! And you called it -- I've pulled images from many many ROMs/themes over the months (none of the image work is my own, since I couldn't edit or create an image to save my life!), but the compilation is mine. You may find that it's more than you bargained for, though -- that framework will also affect your progress bar color (it's the green from NexTheme), your highlight color (greens) and the images in some of your menus. Your spinners will be blue now, too, your emoticons will be blue, etc., and you'll find many more changed images as you play with it.
Wow. Well, if I end up not liking it I always have my backup to go to. Thanks again!
Rodeojones is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old November 6th, 2010, 08:06 PM   #27 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Michigan
Posts: 804
 
Device(s): Bionic
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 78
Thanked 82 Times in 57 Posts
Default

Bravo Liquid, bravo!

Thanks again, another donation for all your efforts. You keep making my phone more and more fun.
twistedlim is offline  
Last edited by twistedlim; November 7th, 2010 at 06:23 AM.
Reply With Quote
Old November 7th, 2010, 12:55 AM   #28 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 38
 
Device(s): Motorola Droid
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 8
Thanked 17 Times in 11 Posts
Default

Running great so far! Very nice.

Blueberry Theme appears to have one small mix-up. The WiFi icon in the Power Widget matches the GPS icon in the notification bar. Probably easier to just try it to see what I mean.
__________________
CyanogenMod 7.2
docdl is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old November 7th, 2010, 01:29 AM   #29 (permalink)
Member
 
thaDroidz's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: texas
Posts: 397
 
Device(s): Droid
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 49
Thanked 32 Times in 23 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GirLuvsDroid View Post
Oh man.
I thought I was gonna get to sneak a peek...
thaDroidz is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old November 7th, 2010, 10:06 AM   #30 (permalink)
Member
 
Rodeojones's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Bloomer, WI
Posts: 411
 
Device(s): Samsung Galaxy Nexus - unlocked & rooted
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 18
Thanked 47 Times in 35 Posts
Default

Anyone else seeing higher-than-usual benchmark scores on Quadrant? Mine are amazing compared to what I'd get in the past. No matter what I did with past ROM/kernel combos, I never was able to reach 1500. I'd use a 1200 kernel, set it to performance - heck I even would clear all my screens and kill background-running apps to see if it would help. But I never reached 1500. And most times I struggled to get above 1400. But with this ROM I got 1563 on my first run and 1600 my second time. And this was done running the stock 1100 kernel set to interactive.
Rodeojones is offline  
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old November 7th, 2010, 10:10 AM   #31 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Wilmington, DE
Posts: 1,307
 
Device(s): Moto Droid Nook Color
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 114
Thanked 516 Times in 295 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodeojones View Post
Anyone else seeing higher-than-usual benchmark scores on Quadrant? Mine are amazing compared to what I'd get in the past. No matter what I did with past ROM/kernel combos, I never was able to reach 1500. I'd use a 1200 kernel, set it to performance - heck I even would clear all my screens and kill background-running apps to see if it would help. But I never reached 1500. And most times I struggled to get above 1400. But with this ROM I got 1563 on my first run and 1600 my second time. And this was done running the stock 1100 kernel set to interactive.
I've pretty consistently obtained 1500s and low 1600s on LFY using the slayher 1100 kernel.
GirLuvsDroid is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old November 7th, 2010, 10:14 AM   #32 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 1
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Hey, I have been using lfy blueberry themes for a while now, and love them. Just went to 1.9, followed instructions, good so far, got a reboot or two, and angry birds and math workout fail every time I try to install them for some reason, getting lag too typing this message, keeps asking if I want to force close. I know when I install it doesn't format my ext-sd because it can't find it.. any ideas?
norightchoice is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old November 7th, 2010, 06:51 PM   #33 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 25
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 1
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Installed this newest rom earlier today and love it. Ultra smooth & fast & looks good too. Have a quick question, however. I bypassed activation and restored all apps through titanium backup. Now when I go to the market and check for updates the only app it shows that is installed is GMail. Will I see an app in the market now if an update becomes available for it or am I going to have to update some other way?
TheNewZackMorris is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old November 7th, 2010, 07:02 PM   #34 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Wilmington, DE
Posts: 1,307
 
Device(s): Moto Droid Nook Color
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 114
Thanked 516 Times in 295 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNewZackMorris View Post
Installed this newest rom earlier today and love it. Ultra smooth & fast & looks good too. Have a quick question, however. I bypassed activation and restored all apps through titanium backup. Now when I go to the market and check for updates the only app it shows that is installed is GMail. Will I see an app in the market now if an update becomes available for it or am I going to have to update some other way?
Try wiping your market data and cache (Settings>Applications>Manage applications, go to the All tab and scroll down to Market). Once you do that, it should repopulate with all your apps.
GirLuvsDroid is offline  
Last edited by GirLuvsDroid; November 7th, 2010 at 07:28 PM.
Reply With Quote
Old November 7th, 2010, 08:16 PM   #35 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 25
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 1
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GirLuvsDroid View Post
Try wiping your market data and cache (Settings>Applications>Manage applications, go to the All tab and scroll down to Market). Once you do that, it should repopulate with all your apps.
Once I had posted I found this solution on another site. It did indeed get everything back to normal with the market. Thanks for the quick reply!
TheNewZackMorris is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old November 7th, 2010, 10:35 PM   #36 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
selvikin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: LA/OC County, California
Posts: 74
 
Device(s): *Droid1, *Eris, *Fascinate
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 24
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Default

This rom is just awesome right out of the box. Best battery life I've seen in a long time. Was a little iffy about the 1100 stock kernel cause haven't stuck with anything higher than 1000 for more than a day, but this works great. You've set the bar!

A curious sidenote(question): Can someone point me in the direction on creating themes? I've got an idea I want to try out, and perhaps play around with different settings. Thanks in advance.
selvikin is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old November 8th, 2010, 07:50 AM   #37 (permalink)
ROM Developer
Thread Author (OP)
 
liquid0624's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 114
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 198 Times in 37 Posts
Default

Ty selvikin don't forget to donate if you can to support future development of this wonderful rom
liquid0624 is offline  
Last edited by liquid0624; November 8th, 2010 at 07:54 AM.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to liquid0624 For This Useful Post:
selvikin (November 8th, 2010)
Old November 8th, 2010, 10:03 AM   #38 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Wilmington, DE
Posts: 1,307
 
Device(s): Moto Droid Nook Color
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 114
Thanked 516 Times in 295 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by selvikin View Post
A curious sidenote(question): Can someone point me in the direction on creating themes? I've got an idea I want to try out, and perhaps play around with different settings. Thanks in advance.
You could probably start here: Themers Toolbox - Tools and resources for making themes - Droid Forum - Verizon Droid & the Motorola Droid Forum.
GirLuvsDroid is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to GirLuvsDroid For This Useful Post:
selvikin (November 8th, 2010)
Old November 8th, 2010, 01:06 PM   #39 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Michigan
Posts: 804
 
Device(s): Bionic
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 78
Thanked 82 Times in 57 Posts
Default

Just FYI I was able to flash DarkEdge over the rom. It took a while to boot up the first time but it seems to run other than the tweeks may not work. I will have to check into it.

Dark Edge V1.0 Released, Now in Update.zip Format - Droid Life: A Droid Community Blog
twistedlim is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old November 8th, 2010, 06:26 PM   #40 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
digdug1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 1,961
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 147
Thanked 309 Times in 246 Posts
Default

^^update^^???
digdug1 is offline  
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old November 8th, 2010, 06:48 PM   #41 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Wilmington, DE
Posts: 1,307
 
Device(s): Moto Droid Nook Color
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 114
Thanked 516 Times in 295 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by twistedlim View Post
Just FYI I was able to flash DarkEdge over the rom. It took a while to boot up the first time but it seems to run other than the tweeks may not work. I will have to check into it.

Dark Edge V1.0 Released, Now in Update.zip Format - Droid Life: A Droid Community Blog

This is REALLY not recommended! The version of Dark Edge in that link is for an FRG22D ROM, and LFY v1.9 is FRG83. When you apply this theme, you are reverting to a framework-res.apk for FRG22D, and older version of the Gapps, which can cause all kinds of problems, some of which you may not discover for some time. So, of course it's your Droid and you're free to experiment as you wish, but if you have problems or issues, be ready to look in the mirror for support!
GirLuvsDroid is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old November 8th, 2010, 07:57 PM   #42 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
digdug1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 1,961
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 147
Thanked 309 Times in 246 Posts
Default

man thats to bad i really like that theme!
digdug1 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old November 8th, 2010, 08:20 PM   #43 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Wilmington, DE
Posts: 1,307
 
Device(s): Moto Droid Nook Color
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 114
Thanked 516 Times in 295 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by digdug1 View Post
man thats to bad i really like that theme!
Maybe you can send an email to the DarkEdge team and ask if it can be ported to LFY v1.9? [Release] DarkEdge UI 2.2 - Droid Forum - Verizon Droid & the Motorola Droid Forum.
GirLuvsDroid is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old November 9th, 2010, 08:09 AM   #44 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Michigan
Posts: 804
 
Device(s): Bionic
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 78
Thanked 82 Times in 57 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GirLuvsDroid View Post
This is REALLY not recommended! The version of Dark Edge in that link is for an FRG22D ROM, and LFY v1.9 is FRG83. When you apply this theme, you are reverting to a framework-res.apk for FRG22D, and older version of the Gapps, which can cause all kinds of problems, some of which you may not discover for some time. So, of course it's your Droid and you're free to experiment as you wish, but if you have problems or issues, be ready to look in the mirror for support!
I am living on the edge . Sometimes I just don't seem content unless there is a problem I have to figure out. Anyway I just loaded it up and saved it. The only thing I don't like about the theme is that the min auto brightness is too low and my poor eyes have trouble with the font. It is the most innovative theme I have tried. I did load it up to my FRG22D also which is probably where I will run it.
twistedlim is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old November 9th, 2010, 03:16 PM   #45 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Wilmington, DE
Posts: 1,307
 
Device(s): Moto Droid Nook Color
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 114
Thanked 516 Times in 295 Posts
Default New Themes

Live Wire theme has been ported to LFY 1.9 now (http://www.droidforums.net/forum/gflam/90289-theme-live-wire-gflam.html) and there's a new Sky Theme: [theme] release sky theme - Droid Forum - Verizon Droid & the Motorola Droid Forum.
GirLuvsDroid is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old November 9th, 2010, 05:42 PM   #46 (permalink)
Member
 
thaDroidz's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: texas
Posts: 397
 
Device(s): Droid
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 49
Thanked 32 Times in 23 Posts
Default

My video recording has gone to crap. Either high or low resolution recording when played back it is choppy. Dunno if it is rom issue or not its been awhimle since I used it.
anyone else?
thaDroidz is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old November 9th, 2010, 08:25 PM   #47 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Texas
Posts: 115
 
Device(s): Motorola Droid
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 33
Thanked 9 Times in 9 Posts
Default

I just downloaded what I thought was the most recent LFY through ROM manager and after it booted up I checked -- still LFY 1.7. Is 1.9 not on ROM manager yet?
Amrov is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old November 9th, 2010, 08:55 PM   #48 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 14
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

no 1.9 should be on rom manager
Shantomanto is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old November 9th, 2010, 08:56 PM   #49 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 14
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

anyone try using a different kernel? i tried the slayher 1.1 that ive always used and it runs great but on 1.9 my battery seems to die quick. I just put p3droid to see how it does. Anyone running anything else like Chevys?
Shantomanto is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old November 9th, 2010, 09:07 PM   #50 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Texas
Posts: 115
 
Device(s): Motorola Droid
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 33
Thanked 9 Times in 9 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shantomanto View Post
no 1.9 should be on rom manager
Tried it again; this time it downloaded and installed. Not sure what happened the first time. One helpful tweak to ROM manager would be to specify which version is being downloaded without having to wait and see what it is... just to be sure.

In the process of restoring everything... but so far, it's so fast and I didn't realize how much I'd like the black status bar until I saw it. Now that I've gone black, I'm not going back. (Yes, I realize what that sounds like.)
Amrov is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply


Go Back   Android Forums > Android Development > Developer Forums > liquid0624
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:25 AM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.