Please note I have noticed upon my testing of this that at the end of the animation there is a bit of lag and hang-time but do not be alarmed give it a few moments and if your phone appears to not be fully booting simply touch the screen and your home screen will appear- no worries
Sorry, for this bug but it is my first attempt with making an animation with working sound so I hope to get better as I go
Download all files at once... HERE
TO ENABLE BOOT SOUNDS ON D1, D2, DX (ROOT USERS ONLY!!!)
1. Download the above file.
2. Save the file and unzip to your sdcard.
The file is name is ggbreadwsound
3. Use root explorer and go to the folder /system/bin.
4. In that folder locate the file named bootanimation and save it as bootanimation2 (must change mode to r/w as r/o will error out as file system read only cannot edit)
5. Move the file that you just renamed to your sdcard somewhere safe to save it in order to restore it back later if you wish to remove the sound animation information
6. move the new file that you downloaded and placed on your sdcard to the folder /system/bin (the file that you need to move here is in the folder name bootanimation to put in system/bin)
BOOT ANIMATION Installation Instructions
Use Root Explorer to move the bootanimation.zip & SOUND FILE
1. Put on SD Card (from above should already be in extracted folder)
2. Rename ggbreadwsound.zip to bootanimation.zip (Can be done from computer/phone before being copied to SD Card instead.)
3. Copy and paste into /system/media (This will replace your original bootanimation so be sure to rename that file to bootanimation.zip.bak before copying the new one.) MAKE SURE you ALSO copy the sound file and paste it here too
4. Turn off your phone.
5. Turn on your phone.
No Root needed:
*must have Android SDK installed. and put the android-sdk folder on your c drive (c:/android-sdk)
*install the motorola usb drivers for your OS (Win 32bit) (Win 64bit)
renameggbreadwsound.zip to bootanimation.zip and create a folder on your c drive named bootanimation (c:/bootanimation)
- Open command prompt (cmd.exe)
- cd c:/android-sdk (or /wherever-your-sdk-tools-folder-is)
- adb devices (to verify the connection - will show your device serial number if connected)
- cd c:/bootanimation
- adb push bootanimation.zip /data/local/bootanimation.zip
- adb reboot
Your phone will now reboot and play your new bootanimation!
The sound fileMUST BE PLACED IN THE /SYSTEM/MEDIA/ FOLDER ON YOUR PHONE!!! YOU WILL NOT GET SOUND IF IT IS NOT PLACED IN THAT SPECIFIC FOLDER.
Desc information I used to create this
elektronikbadger for desc.txt to add sound
oldschool71-for file for system/bin
doomedromance (some of the instructions)
Liquidzgrl - bootanimation
If you like my work and want to make a donation I would appreciate any generosity
Click here to DONATE