Go Back   Android Forums > Android Community > The Lounge
The Lounge We're all friends here. Hang out, kick your feet up and talk about whatever the heck you want!

Get excited for the Samsung Galaxy S5! Find everything you need and discuss it in our Galaxy S5 Forum!

Like Tree3742Likes

test: Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old December 9th, 2010, 11:01 AM   #501 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 18
 
Device(s): HTC Desire
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
hollyabbott1@gmail.com
Default

Ok... here's the background to my rant....I work in a network shop (UK)

iPhone customers, a specific breed of person that gets on my nerves.

'Hello i'd like an iPhone please'

Ok i say, well do you know they are £60 per month is there are particular reason that you are after an iPhone?'

Examples of monotone answers i receive...

My boyfriend has one
It looks nice
I just want one
I dont know...

So...blank stares over and i explain how that there are lots of other handsets that have similar features or more..! (eg, iPhone will never have flash so hello 2.2!)
If you cant justify that much a month (even a made up answer would do) then you have a social deficiency of some sort!!

If i could make a rubber stamp saying EPIC FAIL id make sure it came in contact with their head before they left.
Aghhhh.

scabbott is offline  
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old December 14th, 2010, 03:00 PM   #502 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Clementine_3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Down in the park where the Machmen meet the machines and play 'kill by numbers'
Posts: 2,153
 
Device(s): Moto X developer edition
Carrier: Over-priced stooopid Verizon

Thanks: 465
Thanked 602 Times in 496 Posts
Default

Work related:
(I test code for insurance claims processing)
If I send your crap code back because it doesn't work don't argue with me via email for three days telling me it does when, in fact, it DOESN'T!! Don't, three freakin' days later, ask me if I have the wrong documentation when I don't. Then, most importantly, don't make me wait after YOU contacted me through MS Communicator while you access the documentation to double check everything and then say "oh, I see the problem, I put the wrong code in"!! I don't have time for this you dumb-ass!!
I'm still waiting for my code
Clementine_3 is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old December 15th, 2010, 09:51 AM   #503 (permalink)
Member
 
Dan0myte's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Regina, SK
Posts: 136
 
Device(s): HTC Incredible S (CM7)
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 3
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoFLO View Post
People who get on the elevator just to go to the next floor
I was just about to post this! SO annoying. The people that do this are usually quite fat too. Makes you want to just say, "Hey, maybe you wouldn't be this way if you weren't so lazy."
Dan0myte is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old December 15th, 2010, 07:05 PM   #504 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Panama City
Posts: 212
 
Device(s): Mytouch 4g- Black Rooted - Ice Glacier 1.1.4 (Themed) HTC Sensation 4G (impatiently waiting for
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 6
Thanked 22 Times in 21 Posts
Default

People with new super phones whining about their battery not lasting for three days like their old razr or blackberry did. Come on people!
__________________
If anyone on this site has helped don't forget to thank them for it.
gohausmachine is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old December 16th, 2010, 03:14 PM   #505 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: ireland
Posts: 3
 
Device(s): samsung galaxy europa,galaxy tab
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default epic fail rubber stamp

Quote:
Originally Posted by scabbott View Post
Ok... here's the background to my rant....I work in a network shop (UK)

iPhone customers, a specific breed of person that gets on my nerves.

'Hello i'd like an iPhone please'

Ok i say, well do you know they are £60 per month is there are particular reason that you are after an iPhone?'

Examples of monotone answers i receive...

My boyfriend has one
It looks nice
I just want one
I dont know...




So...blank stares over and i explain how that there are lots of other handsets that have similar features or more..! (eg, iPhone will never have flash so hello 2.2!)
If you cant justify that much a month (even a made up answer would do) then you have a social deficiency of some sort!!

If i could make a rubber stamp saying EPIC FAIL id make sure it came in contact with their head before they left.
Aghhhh.
on the point of iphone users yay look at me i spend an obserd amount of money on the phone and when i go home i spend even more money just so they can go to friends and gloat ...while me i have a samsung europa which does everything an iphone can do without apples massive corporate grips all over you ...open source FTW !

and on the rubber stamp thing yo9u can get them on failblog
localemo is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old December 16th, 2010, 03:16 PM   #506 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: ireland
Posts: 3
 
Device(s): samsung galaxy europa,galaxy tab
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

microsoft ><
localemo is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old December 16th, 2010, 03:21 PM   #507 (permalink)
Blame it on me
 
DaSchmarotzer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Québec, Canada
Posts: 3,087
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 442
Thanked 1,558 Times in 783 Posts
Default

Indexed images.

When you convert them to RGB in Photoshop, they become all jagged and ugly-looking. It's a real pain to modify them for themes.
DaSchmarotzer is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old December 19th, 2010, 05:14 AM   #508 (permalink)
Member
 
glockjs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 225
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 6
Thanked 23 Times in 20 Posts
Default

system tool 2011...O..M..G. helped out a buddy and cleaned up his daughters laptop. that piece of sdklfjs software brought the system to it's knee's.

had to pull the drive and run anti virus/spyware in which the system tool was so deep the anti removed vital operating files. pain in the...anyways got the system back to healthy but whoever unleashed that on web should be in-humanly tortured over an extended period.

on a side note god i don't miss xp.

/end
glockjs is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old December 19th, 2010, 08:37 PM   #509 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
MarieJasmine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 19
 
Device(s): Sony Xperia x10
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 5
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

people who think apple can do no wrong and dont understand why the ipad not supporting flash is a big deal
MarieJasmine is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old December 24th, 2010, 08:20 AM   #510 (permalink)
Member
 
FireChief's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Rural Texas
Posts: 189
 
Device(s): Droid X
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 8
Thanked 16 Times in 10 Posts
Send a message via Skype™ to FireChief
Default

A culture that produces so many people with a limited confidence in what they can accomplish... It's a little sad...

"Entertain great hopes." - Robert Frost

"Life has no limitations, except the ones you make." - Les Brown
__________________
Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch.
Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote.
FireChief is offline  
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old December 25th, 2010, 06:06 AM   #511 (permalink)
Member
 
lunameow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Saint Louis, MO
Posts: 122
 
Device(s): Motorola Atrix 4G
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 39
Thanked 40 Times in 16 Posts
Default

People who call a business on at 7pm on a Friday (and ESPECIALLY on Christmas Eve), get an answering service, and then act shocked (SHOCKED!) that the business is closed. Extra credit when the business you're calling is a doctor's office. Super bonus points if you curse out the operator and call them every name you can think of because you couldn't be bothered to call during business hours and now have to wait until Monday for a resolution to whatever minor problem it is that you have.

Related: people who order a Christmas gift for their child on the evening of December 23rd, having it explained to them that, short of the Doctor stopping by in the TARDIS, there's no way they're gonna have it by Christmas, then calling up on Christmas Eve to find out why their package didn't arrive and telling me how I "ruined Christmas" for their child. And then having to offer my most sincere and heartfelt apologies and sympathize with them about the problem that they, themselves, caused instead of being able to say, "Well, what the hell did you think would happen, especially when we told you there was no way it would even ship out until today? Did you think we'd just hop in the DeLorean and go back to last week and ship your order to you?"

Grr.
lunameow is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old December 25th, 2010, 06:02 PM   #512 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
MarieJasmine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 19
 
Device(s): Sony Xperia x10
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 5
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

...........
MarieJasmine is offline  
Last edited by MarieJasmine; January 4th, 2011 at 07:44 PM.
Reply With Quote
Old December 26th, 2010, 04:29 AM   #513 (permalink)
Member
 
lunameow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Saint Louis, MO
Posts: 122
 
Device(s): Motorola Atrix 4G
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 39
Thanked 40 Times in 16 Posts
Default

Going to bed on Christmas Eve and waking up to find that Santa delivered cooties. (I could blame the husband for giving me his nasty cold for Christmas, but I'd rather blame the dude I don't have to live with for the next year.)
lunameow is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old December 26th, 2010, 05:33 AM   #514 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 256
 
Device(s): HTC One S
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 57
Thanked 32 Times in 25 Posts
Default

Running out of internal storage on my phone. Gah it really grinds my gears!!!
MJM128 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old December 27th, 2010, 07:46 AM   #515 (permalink)
Jolly Bounty Hunter
 
NightAngel79's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Northern Ky
Gender: Male
Posts: 21,317
 
Device(s): HTC OneMax; Note 10.1; DROID DNA (retired);Transformer Prime(daughter); Rezound(retired); Droid In
Carrier: Verizon

Thanks: 13,503
Thanked 6,328 Times in 3,873 Posts
Send a message via Skype™ to NightAngel79
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjm128 View Post
running out of internal storage on my phone. Gah it really grinds my gears!!!
+9999
NightAngel79 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old December 27th, 2010, 12:37 PM   #516 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
A.Nonymous's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 7,061
 
Device(s): Motorola Razr M, Galaxy Tab 10.1 I/O edition
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 66
Thanked 970 Times in 704 Posts
Default

Someone told me yesterday that science is just a bunch of opinions and that's why they call them theories. He told me that his "feelings" about something were just as valid as scientific tests because science is just someone's opinion as well. I nearly punched him for being so stupid. I think I lost IQ points just from talking to him.
A.Nonymous is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old December 27th, 2010, 12:47 PM   #517 (permalink)
Member
 
FireChief's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Rural Texas
Posts: 189
 
Device(s): Droid X
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 8
Thanked 16 Times in 10 Posts
Send a message via Skype™ to FireChief
Default Speaking of theories..

Quote:
Originally Posted by A.Nonymous View Post
Someone told me yesterday that science is just a bunch of opinions and that's why they call them theories... .
On the subject of theories:

The difference between theory and practice, is greater in practice than it is in theory.

:-)
FireChief is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old December 27th, 2010, 12:57 PM   #518 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
A.Nonymous's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 7,061
 
Device(s): Motorola Razr M, Galaxy Tab 10.1 I/O edition
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 66
Thanked 970 Times in 704 Posts
Default

Fair enough, but a theory is still not the same as a hypothesis no matter how much idiots seem to think it is.
A.Nonymous is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old December 27th, 2010, 01:01 PM   #519 (permalink)
Member
 
FireChief's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Rural Texas
Posts: 189
 
Device(s): Droid X
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 8
Thanked 16 Times in 10 Posts
Send a message via Skype™ to FireChief
Default

oh, I wasn't referring to your post.. I just love that statement about the differences between theory and practice.. I couldn't help but share it..

By the way, you might enjoy some material written by Roy H. Williams.. It has a lot of 'science and perception' subject matter.. mind bending stuff.
FireChief is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old December 27th, 2010, 01:30 PM   #520 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
A.Nonymous's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 7,061
 
Device(s): Motorola Razr M, Galaxy Tab 10.1 I/O edition
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 66
Thanked 970 Times in 704 Posts
Default

It just really grates on me that people have so feeble a grasp of the scientific method. Guy further stated that if I haven't personally tested something I can't say whether it's true or not. I pointed out that I've never circumnavigated the globe and I've never gone up in a space ship to look at the Earth, but I still believe the Earth is round. What do I know though. I've never tested it. It's just someone's opinion that the Earth is round though.
A.Nonymous is offline  
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old December 27th, 2010, 08:35 PM   #521 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
davidnmegan6907's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: NC, USA
Posts: 1,848
 
Device(s): Samsung Fascinate- Froyo w/ Voodoo
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 99
Thanked 131 Times in 117 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by A.Nonymous View Post
It just really grates on me that people have so feeble a grasp of the scientific method. Guy further stated that if I haven't personally tested something I can't say whether it's true or not. I pointed out that I've never circumnavigated the globe and I've never gone up in a space ship to look at the Earth, but I still believe the Earth is round. What do I know though. I've never tested it. It's just someone's opinion that the Earth is round though.
But you can turn it all around on scientists with what you just said. I argued with my science teachers numerous times in high school over religion. They taught how organisms evolved and all that shit. Then said religion was just your belief there is no scientific evidence. So I started what you said above about the world being round. And then refused to study anything I could not be taught hands on. You can bet I got transfered out of that class but still got full credit.
__________________
SC 2.8 Voodoo w/Revolutionary Red
davidnmegan6907 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old December 28th, 2010, 12:15 PM   #522 (permalink)
Member
 
DaedalusxX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: College in CT, From NY
Posts: 117
 
Device(s): HTC Evo 4G
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 6
Thanked 13 Times in 12 Posts
jvazquez2590
Default

A few things that grind my gears:

I work in the library of a college (where the IT dept is housed), students are always trying to open a door that requires ID to enter (all student/college ID's will open the door)....There are a few signs on the door stating that the door requires ID to open, yet they still pull the door...I see a lot of repeat offenders and seniors at the college pull the door.


Another thing, stupid people.

Also, one word/short responses..."How are you?", "Good"....pisses me off

lol
DaedalusxX is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old December 29th, 2010, 11:33 AM   #523 (permalink)
Member
 
incrediblenotinstock's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 396
 
Device(s): Droid X
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 38
Thanked 17 Times in 13 Posts
Default

1. i hate compulsive liars
2. i hate people who think they know everything
3. i hate the fact that we cant get decent internet where we live
4. i hate when people dis or criticize your vehicle
5. i hate when your petting cats and they scratch you for no reason
6. i hate it when people dont know when to stop..
7. i hate people who crave attention
8. i hate it when people text me while im using wireless tether.
incrediblenotinstock is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old December 29th, 2010, 01:23 PM   #524 (permalink)
Member
 
lunameow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Saint Louis, MO
Posts: 122
 
Device(s): Motorola Atrix 4G
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 39
Thanked 40 Times in 16 Posts
Default

Grr. Big grr. LIKEOMG GRR.

Okay, so background.
December 2008, I slip on ice and break my leg. It is determined that the insurance company for the building's owners will handle the medical bills.
Flash forward to July 2010. The initial ER bill did not get paid. I call the insurance company, ask what's up, get no response. I send the bill again, no response, I call, leave voicemails, no response. (See a pattern here?)
Skip one more month to August 2010. BOOM! Bank account seized! BOOM! Wages garnished! Garnishment order lists the full amount of the hospital bill, plus the attorney's fees. Continue trying for three more weeks to reach the insurance company, eventually just give up and scrape by while the garnishment collects more than my monthly rent.
Another quick hop, and we're at the end of October 2010. YAY! Garnishment is over! I can has money and somewhat stable finances again!

Which brings us to today. In emailing back and forth about a misapplied payment for a recent doctor visit, I ask what account it got paid to. Know what they told me? Go on, guess. If you guessed "the one the garnishment was for," YOU WIN. It turns out, I still owe a large balance on that.

What. The. *******. ****.

Garnishment order for X amount. X amount is taken out of my paycheck over a 3 month period. Yet the hospital only received Y amount? Where's the rest? WTF DID ALL THAT MONEY I PAID GO TO?

So livid. Barely coherent. Extremely distressed.

It's not enough that I was on crutches in ice and snow for nine weeks. It's not enough that I nearly lost my job when the car broke down and I couldn't get there by bus because of said crutches on ice and snow. It's not enough that I now have chronic back pain from the slight limp I still have, or that my leg still swells up constantly because it didn't heal quite right... and then it's not even enough that they took a fourth of my pay for three months. This is like one of those nightmares where you wake up, except OH NOT REALLY, YOU'RE STILL HAVING A NIGHTMARE. Over and over and over.

This is the same hospital, by the way, that, when I had surgery in 2009, "oops, forgot" to order meals for an entire day. It's also the hospital that I will never, ever go back to, nor will I see any doctors who are affiliated with them. Ever.

GRRR.


ETA: Talked to the hospital billing and a VERY nice rep took the time to physically go to their legal department and found out for me that it HAS been paid, but that it's so behind in applying the payments that the billing department may not see it for months. RELIEF. If only everyone there was as wonderful and competent as this nice lady was, I would still do business with them.
lunameow is offline  
Last edited by lunameow; December 29th, 2010 at 01:51 PM.
Reply With Quote
Old December 29th, 2010, 03:26 PM   #525 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: The internet
Posts: 295
 
Device(s): Htc Evo 4g
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 29
Thanked 11 Times in 10 Posts
Default

i hate the youtube app
i hate creationists
i hate icp
i hate fragmentation
i hate ...well north Korea
i love tacos
__________________
________________________________________________
̿̿̿ ̿ ̿̿'̿'\̵͇̿̿\з==(•̪●)==ε/̵͇̿̿/'̿'̿ ̿ ̿̿ For me ,it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan
Vulcan is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old December 29th, 2010, 03:29 PM   #526 (permalink)
Member
 
incrediblenotinstock's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 396
 
Device(s): Droid X
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 38
Thanked 17 Times in 13 Posts
Default

why do you hate the youtube app?
incrediblenotinstock is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old December 29th, 2010, 04:15 PM   #527 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: The internet
Posts: 295
 
Device(s): Htc Evo 4g
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 29
Thanked 11 Times in 10 Posts
Default

for some odd reason it doesn't work that well on my phone , most videos will not play and take forever to load.Htc evo .
Vulcan is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old January 4th, 2011, 09:15 AM   #528 (permalink)
Jolly Bounty Hunter
 
NightAngel79's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Northern Ky
Gender: Male
Posts: 21,317
 
Device(s): HTC OneMax; Note 10.1; DROID DNA (retired);Transformer Prime(daughter); Rezound(retired); Droid In
Carrier: Verizon

Thanks: 13,503
Thanked 6,328 Times in 3,873 Posts
Send a message via Skype™ to NightAngel79
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vulcan View Post
i hate icp

How dare you!! LOL
NightAngel79 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old January 6th, 2011, 08:17 AM   #529 (permalink)
Gun for Hire
 
NYCHitman1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Long Island, NY
Gender: Male
Posts: 6,237
 
Device(s): Nexus 5
Carrier: T-Mobile

Thanks: 1,400
Thanked 1,432 Times in 975 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vulcan View Post
for some odd reason it doesn't work that well on my phone , most videos will not play and take forever to load.Htc evo .
Sounds more like a network issue than the app itself. My youtube app works great on my EVO.


Anywho, I hate when ppl say +1 but don't actually give +1 lol.
__________________
I talk to corporate like a BAWSS!

DEVICE ► Nexus 5 / Nexus 7
ROM ► Dirty Unicorns
KERNEL ► Franco / Glitch
NYCHitman1 is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old January 6th, 2011, 11:37 AM   #530 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
jayjay1122's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: I'll be where I'm at!
Posts: 1,454
 
Device(s): GS4
Carrier: VZW

Thanks: 352
Thanked 338 Times in 208 Posts
Default

People who swerve WAY to the left to make a right turn and we are not talking sharp turns either, just simply pulling into a parking lot from the street!

You DO realize of course that your car was designed to make right turns without steering into the left lane OR oncoming traffic!?!?!?!?!?
jayjay1122 is offline  
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old January 6th, 2011, 12:02 PM   #531 (permalink)
Jolly Bounty Hunter
 
NightAngel79's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Northern Ky
Gender: Male
Posts: 21,317
 
Device(s): HTC OneMax; Note 10.1; DROID DNA (retired);Transformer Prime(daughter); Rezound(retired); Droid In
Carrier: Verizon

Thanks: 13,503
Thanked 6,328 Times in 3,873 Posts
Send a message via Skype™ to NightAngel79
Default

Jealousy!! In all its ugly forms!!
NightAngel79 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old January 6th, 2011, 12:15 PM   #532 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
jayjay1122's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: I'll be where I'm at!
Posts: 1,454
 
Device(s): GS4
Carrier: VZW

Thanks: 352
Thanked 338 Times in 208 Posts
Default

Ivan Seidenberg holding the most anticlimactic "key note address" EVER!!!!!!!!

The man said NOTHING!!!!!
jayjay1122 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old January 6th, 2011, 08:03 PM   #533 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 1,498
 
Device(s): Lg Optimus G HTC Flyer
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 124
Thanked 132 Times in 97 Posts
Default

Apple vs Android fanboyism.

I am not a fanboy of any sort.

I use whatever product suits my needs most.

So. dear apple fanboys.

GET THE **** over it. You DON'T have direct x 11 with xfire 6870's. I DO
Windows only! Your mac can't do it and thats what I need. Don't give me some bs line about your mac being better hardware, I am a computer science major in college.. I know you have intel based processors performing more instructions per clock than my AMD, my processor is also stable at 4 ghz and cost a fraction of the cost.

I don't care that you like an easy to use kindegardener friendly os.. That is your business. That doesn't mean its better. It only means your throwing around blanket statements and listening to Steve jobs too much.

Dear. Android Fanboys.

WE GET IT, Apple is going to come crashing down.

I don't care how much better android is. Quit comparing android to iphone.

The iphone is a joke in terms of hardware.

Compare android to android, or android to windows 7.

and QUIT looking at statistics. I don't care who they favor.. they are probably skewed no matter how you look at them.

Also..get over it.. I am tired of hearing whining "OH MY PHONE HAS X PROBLEM"

WELLLLLLLL guess what. THEY ALL HAVE SOME SORT OF PROBLEM!

Win7
iOs
Android
Rim
Symbian

I don't care what fanboys of any particular OS say.. they all have problems and guess what.. you need to pick the one that is not a problem to you!

If anyone says a particular phone doesn't have a problem. They are either A. lying or B. not using their phone as much as the next person in line will.
__________________
Sent form my Xarmor U9BL using My Fingers!
Snow_Fox is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Snow_Fox For This Useful Post:
zuben el genub (January 29th, 2011)
Old January 7th, 2011, 08:29 AM   #534 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
davidnmegan6907's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: NC, USA
Posts: 1,848
 
Device(s): Samsung Fascinate- Froyo w/ Voodoo
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 99
Thanked 131 Times in 117 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snow_Fox View Post
Apple vs Android fanboyism.

I am not a fanboy of any sort.

I use whatever product suits my needs most.

So. dear apple fanboys.

GET THE **** over it. You DON'T have direct x 11 with xfire 6870's. I DO
Windows only! Your mac can't do it and thats what I need. Don't give me some bs line about your mac being better hardware, I am a computer science major in college.. I know you have intel based processors performing more instructions per clock than my AMD, my processor is also stable at 4 ghz and cost a fraction of the cost.

I don't care that you like an easy to use kindegardener friendly os.. That is your business. That doesn't mean its better. It only means your throwing around blanket statements and listening to Steve jobs too much.

Dear. Android Fanboys.

WE GET IT, Apple is going to come crashing down.

I don't care how much better android is. Quit comparing android to iphone.

The iphone is a joke in terms of hardware.

Compare android to android, or android to windows 7.

and QUIT looking at statistics. I don't care who they favor.. they are probably skewed no matter how you look at them.

Also..get over it.. I am tired of hearing whining "OH MY PHONE HAS X PROBLEM"

WELLLLLLLL guess what. THEY ALL HAVE SOME SORT OF PROBLEM!

Win7
iOs
Android
Rim
Symbian

I don't care what fanboys of any particular OS say.. they all have problems and guess what.. you need to pick the one that is not a problem to you!

If anyone says a particular phone doesn't have a problem. They are either A. lying or B. not using their phone as much as the next person in line will.

I totally agree with you on everything except the part about ppl whining about having a problem with their phone. I mean I could be wrong but I thought a big part of these forums were for ppl to help other ppl with their problems. Am I missing something?
davidnmegan6907 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old January 7th, 2011, 02:51 PM   #535 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: South Texas
Posts: 700
 
Device(s): Incredible
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 2
Thanked 81 Times in 61 Posts
Default

hip hop music, techno/electronic/house/disco music. Destroy it all!
cipher6 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old January 7th, 2011, 04:47 PM   #536 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
ElasticNinja's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Cork City, IMF, EU
Posts: 4,488
 
Device(s): Galaxy S3 Mini, ZTE Blade
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 811
Thanked 460 Times in 408 Posts
ciaranhurley0@gmail.com
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lunameow View Post
Grr. Big grr. LIKEOMG GRR.

Okay, so background.
December 2008, I slip on ice and break my leg. It is determined that the insurance company for the building's owners will handle the medical bills.
Flash forward to July 2010. The initial ER bill did not get paid. I call the insurance company, ask what's up, get no response. I send the bill again, no response, I call, leave voicemails, no response. (See a pattern here?)
Skip one more month to August 2010. BOOM! Bank account seized! BOOM! Wages garnished! Garnishment order lists the full amount of the hospital bill, plus the attorney's fees. Continue trying for three more weeks to reach the insurance company, eventually just give up and scrape by while the garnishment collects more than my monthly rent.
Another quick hop, and we're at the end of October 2010. YAY! Garnishment is over! I can has money and somewhat stable finances again!

Which brings us to today. In emailing back and forth about a misapplied payment for a recent doctor visit, I ask what account it got paid to. Know what they told me? Go on, guess. If you guessed "the one the garnishment was for," YOU WIN. It turns out, I still owe a large balance on that.

What. The. *******. ****.

Garnishment order for X amount. X amount is taken out of my paycheck over a 3 month period. Yet the hospital only received Y amount? Where's the rest? WTF DID ALL THAT MONEY I PAID GO TO?

So livid. Barely coherent. Extremely distressed.

It's not enough that I was on crutches in ice and snow for nine weeks. It's not enough that I nearly lost my job when the car broke down and I couldn't get there by bus because of said crutches on ice and snow. It's not enough that I now have chronic back pain from the slight limp I still have, or that my leg still swells up constantly because it didn't heal quite right... and then it's not even enough that they took a fourth of my pay for three months. This is like one of those nightmares where you wake up, except OH NOT REALLY, YOU'RE STILL HAVING A NIGHTMARE. Over and over and over.

This is the same hospital, by the way, that, when I had surgery in 2009, "oops, forgot" to order meals for an entire day. It's also the hospital that I will never, ever go back to, nor will I see any doctors who are affiliated with them. Ever.

GRRR.


ETA: Talked to the hospital billing and a VERY nice rep took the time to physically go to their legal department and found out for me that it HAS been paid, but that it's so behind in applying the payments that the billing department may not see it for months. RELIEF. If only everyone there was as wonderful and competent as this nice lady was, I would still do business with them.
let me guess... you still think the GOP is right?
__________________
Sign up for Minus online storage and get 10 GB of Free Space today! Sign up Here!
ElasticNinja is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old January 7th, 2011, 04:50 PM   #537 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
ElasticNinja's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Cork City, IMF, EU
Posts: 4,488
 
Device(s): Galaxy S3 Mini, ZTE Blade
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 811
Thanked 460 Times in 408 Posts
ciaranhurley0@gmail.com
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snow_Fox View Post
Also..get over it.. I am tired of hearing whining "OH MY PHONE HAS X PROBLEM"

WELLLLLLLL guess what. THEY ALL HAVE SOME SORT OF PROBLEM!

Win7
iOs
Android
Rim
Symbian

I don't care what fanboys of any particular OS say.. they all have problems and guess what.. you need to pick the one that is not a problem to you!

If anyone says a particular phone doesn't have a problem. They are either A. lying or B. not using their phone as much as the next person in line will.
Symbain does not have problems... it IS a problem
ElasticNinja is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old January 7th, 2011, 06:33 PM   #538 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Stinky Stinky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: In a Dumpster! :D
Posts: 3,751
 
Device(s): Huawei Ascend Y300 :D
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 4,955
Thanked 1,388 Times in 1,039 Posts
Angry

ARRGH!

Ya know what really makes me lose my temper arrgh!!!!

THE SOUND OF ONS ONS ONS ONS ONS ONS ONS UNTILL 4 AM IN THE MORNING!! RUBBISH MUSIC!

ARrgh!

Wow some people listen to some real shitty music grabage and keep me awake ALL night long!

ARRGH! It makes me wanna shoot the dog!!

I SAY ARRRGGH!!!!

Next time I will start shootin like a crazy mad man!!

Argghh!
Stinky Stinky is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old January 9th, 2011, 04:09 AM   #539 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Stinky Stinky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: In a Dumpster! :D
Posts: 3,751
 
Device(s): Huawei Ascend Y300 :D
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 4,955
Thanked 1,388 Times in 1,039 Posts
Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stinky Stinky View Post
ARRGH!

Ya know what really makes me lose my temper arrgh!!!!

THE SOUND OF ONS ONS ONS ONS ONS ONS ONS UNTILL 4 AM IN THE MORNING!! RUBBISH MUSIC!

ARrgh!

Wow some people listen to some real shitty music grabage and keep me awake ALL night long!

ARRGH! It makes me wanna shoot the dog!!

I SAY ARRRGGH!!!!

Next time I will start shootin like a crazy mad man!!

Argghh!

Wow!

You know what really grinds my burgers?!

People like this so called "Stinky Stinky" guy!

What a loser! Cheesh grow up Stinky Stinky!
Stinky Stinky is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old January 9th, 2011, 05:12 PM   #540 (permalink)
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 42
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 11
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Default

Narrow minded Android fanboys. Worse than the iSheep.
Xoom is offline  
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old January 10th, 2011, 02:22 AM   #541 (permalink)
Member
 
lunameow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Saint Louis, MO
Posts: 122
 
Device(s): Motorola Atrix 4G
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 39
Thanked 40 Times in 16 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowninty View Post
let me guess... you still think the GOP is right?
Huh?

Please tell me you didn't mistake me for a conservative Republican. Actually, no, tell me you did. 'Cause this is a rant forum, and that would totally give me something to rant about. :P

Oh, and lemme add to the drama of my previous story. The old dude who owns the building who took absolutely no responsibility for the accident (even though there was no salt down in the entryway, and the way it's designed, it gets crazy slick with even a light freeze). When it was brought to his attention that his insurance company wasn't even returning my calls, there was no response from him at all.

And now he's wanting to ban smoking anywhere at all on the property, even in our own cars. He's essentially trying to force everyone to quit smoking, out of "concern for employees' health"... really? Where the **** was that concern when I was injured on your property? I repeat: Grr.
lunameow is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old January 10th, 2011, 06:19 PM   #542 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
NightHawk877's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Texas
Gender: Male
Posts: 625
 
Device(s): AT&T GALAXY S 3, 2013 Google Nexus 7
Carrier: AT&T

Thanks: 99
Thanked 121 Times in 95 Posts
Default

San Antonio drivers. Enough said.
NightHawk877 is online now  
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to NightHawk877 For This Useful Post:
Xoom (January 10th, 2011)
Old January 11th, 2011, 08:33 PM   #543 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Northeast u.s.
Posts: 250
 
Device(s): HTC G1. Moto Cliq. HTC MyTouch3Gslide. HTC MyTouch4G. HTC Sensation4G. HTC One S. HTC One.
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 4
Thanked 44 Times in 20 Posts
Default

What grinds my gears? Since this is an android forum...
I hate verizons damn Droid marketing scheme. Everyone wants to get a Droid. Whether its a mytouch 4g, an evo, **** even a g1, they all say 'yeah I got a droid'

ANDROID! ****, its two more letters. I hate when people blindingly follow that.

If youre going to get a $500 phone, learn about it.
Im not a developer, but im sure as hell an enthusiast.

'check out my civic' when theyre driving an accord.

Other things grind muh geas too, I just figured id post about what this forums all aboot!
Tslide91 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old January 12th, 2011, 01:17 PM   #544 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Knewz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Georgia
Posts: 821
 
Device(s): Samsung Galaxy Nexus(Toro) Samsung Galaxy S III
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 36
Thanked 73 Times in 67 Posts
Default

People who say "lol" outloud instead of actually laughing.....
Knewz is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old January 12th, 2011, 04:48 PM   #545 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Dillon, SC
Gender: Male
Posts: 50
 
Device(s): Optimus Dynamic.
Carrier: Straight Talk

Thanks: 3
Thanked 5 Times in 4 Posts
Send a message via Yahoo to Squeegee
Default

People that send texts saying call me or when they put it as there statuson social sites
Squeegee is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old January 14th, 2011, 05:29 PM   #546 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: London, UK
Posts: 119
 
Device(s): HTC Wildfire 2.2 (sold it) Sony Xperia S 4.1.2
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 13
Thanked 6 Times in 6 Posts
Default

Blackberries (see thread of mine LOL)
no but seriously i hate blackberries
ZxRishixZ is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old January 14th, 2011, 10:19 PM   #547 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Dillon, SC
Gender: Male
Posts: 50
 
Device(s): Optimus Dynamic.
Carrier: Straight Talk

Thanks: 3
Thanked 5 Times in 4 Posts
Send a message via Yahoo to Squeegee
Default

Higher class teenage preps that worship lil Wayne.

Also people that find it hard to add y and o to the word you
Squeegee is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old January 15th, 2011, 11:33 AM   #548 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Knewz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Georgia
Posts: 821
 
Device(s): Samsung Galaxy Nexus(Toro) Samsung Galaxy S III
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 36
Thanked 73 Times in 67 Posts
Default

People who ride your ass in the slow lane, then pass you, then get back into the slow lane in front of of, then slow down slower than you were going in the first place... forcing you to slow down or change lanes.
Knewz is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old January 15th, 2011, 12:28 PM   #549 (permalink)
Member
 
lunameow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Saint Louis, MO
Posts: 122
 
Device(s): Motorola Atrix 4G
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 39
Thanked 40 Times in 16 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knewz View Post
People who ride your ass in the slow lane, then pass you, then get back into the slow lane in front of of, then slow down slower than you were going in the first place... forcing you to slow down or change lanes.
This.

Along the same lines, people who have no intention of passing anyone, yet are driving in the far left lane, at the exact same speed as the person in the next lane over.

Also, anyone at all that gets on a highway with a 60mph speed limit and manages to drive at every speed from 50mph to 75mph. Especially if they're those same people in the far left lane who won't pass.

Oh, and people who see a cop with someone pulled over, and feel the need to drop BELOW the speed limit. a) He's already kinda busy with the other dude and isn't likely to notice you, and b) even if he were right behind you, you CAN still do the speed limit.

Actually, it's probably easiest just to say I hate at least a third of the drivers in this city. Maybe more.
lunameow is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lunameow For This Useful Post:
Knewz (January 15th, 2011), NightAngel79 (January 19th, 2011)
Old January 15th, 2011, 09:55 PM   #550 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
NightHawk877's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Texas
Gender: Male
Posts: 625
 
Device(s): AT&T GALAXY S 3, 2013 Google Nexus 7
Carrier: AT&T

Thanks: 99
Thanked 121 Times in 95 Posts
Default

The US president. Enough said. I would like to go into detail, but I hate flame wars.
NightHawk877 is online now  
Reply With Quote
Reply


Go Back   Android Forums > Android Community > The Lounge
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:02 AM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.