Go Back   Android Forums > Android Forums Community > The Lounge
The Lounge We're all friends here. Hang out, kick your feet up and talk about whatever the heck you want!

New Forums: Nexus Player | Nexus 9
Like Tree8678Likes

test: Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old January 30th, 2012, 02:28 PM   #6501 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
ajdroidx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Colorado
Gender: Male
Posts: 2,769
 
Device(s): Nexus 5, Galaxy note II (back up)
Carrier: AT&T

Thanks: 691
Thanked 1,077 Times in 628 Posts
Default

So, are there any kernels or rom that will help out with the lousy radio (call quality) issues? I am okay with my battery life, it usually goes all day and I have to top it off early in the morning before going to work just to make sure I can get through the day.

Advertisements
__________________

Most people run from storms, I run to them (back by popular request )
Flickr Gallery
ajdroidx is offline  
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old January 30th, 2012, 02:52 PM   #6502 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 978
 
Device(s): VZW-Galaxy Nexus
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 105
Thanked 561 Times in 312 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Chief View Post
I read an interesting article about the Trinity Kernel. Anyone using it (not me)?
Loving it. Easily the best standby battery life I've had on any kernel and I've tried every version posted on Rootz.
zerocool79346 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old January 30th, 2012, 02:59 PM   #6503 (permalink)
=Luceat Lux Vestra=
 
Frisco's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Gender: Male
Posts: 22,490
 
Device(s): Samsung Galaxy S5, Galaxy Tab 7" 2
Carrier: Verizon

Thanks: 7,156
Thanked 9,265 Times in 5,119 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stigy View Post
BTW panorama mode on this camera is ridiculous.

Took this last Friday afternoon -- missed my train for it, but totally worth it.

Wow.
__________________



Frisco is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old January 30th, 2012, 03:00 PM   #6504 (permalink)
=Luceat Lux Vestra=
 
Frisco's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Gender: Male
Posts: 22,490
 
Device(s): Samsung Galaxy S5, Galaxy Tab 7" 2
Carrier: Verizon

Thanks: 7,156
Thanked 9,265 Times in 5,119 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stigy View Post
BTW panorama mode on this camera is ridiculous.

Took this last Friday afternoon -- missed my train for it, but totally worth it.

Wow. Click the "original size" bar to see it right, peepulz. Great panorama shot!
Frisco is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old January 30th, 2012, 03:13 PM   #6505 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,582
 
Device(s): Samsung Galaxy S4, Razr M
Carrier: Big Red

Thanks: 1,267
Thanked 701 Times in 450 Posts
Default

Ok guys, I bit the bullet and sold my Gnex and bought a Razr Maxx. I plan to pick up another GNex when the prices start dropping and will stay subscribed to this thread and other Gnex threads.

Regardless of my phone, I am still honored to be part of the history making pre-release thread!
RadYOacTiVe is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to RadYOacTiVe For This Useful Post:
BabyBlues (January 30th, 2012), chiph411 (January 30th, 2012), EarlyMon (January 30th, 2012), jbdan (January 30th, 2012), The_Chief (January 30th, 2012)
Old January 30th, 2012, 03:16 PM   #6506 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
jbdan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: atl ga usa
Posts: 7,121
 
Device(s): SGS3 LTE
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 8,662
Thanked 4,166 Times in 2,830 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RadYOacTiVe View Post
Ok guys, I bit the bullet and sold my Gnex and bought a Razr Maxx. I plan to pick up another GNex when the prices start dropping and will stay subscribed to this thread and other Gnex threads.

Regardless of my phone, I am still honored to be part of the history making pre-release thread!
Grats on the Maxx! Looks like a dandy marathoning battery life of a phone.

And we're still honored to have you as part of our family
__________________
All the Thanks!, go to Him <))><
jbdan is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old January 30th, 2012, 03:18 PM   #6507 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
ajdroidx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Colorado
Gender: Male
Posts: 2,769
 
Device(s): Nexus 5, Galaxy note II (back up)
Carrier: AT&T

Thanks: 691
Thanked 1,077 Times in 628 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RadYOacTiVe View Post
Ok guys, I bit the bullet and sold my Gnex and bought a Razr Maxx. I plan to pick up another GNex when the prices start dropping and will stay subscribed to this thread and other Gnex threads.

Regardless of my phone, I am still honored to be part of the history making pre-release thread!
What caused you to ditch the Nexus?
ajdroidx is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old January 30th, 2012, 03:19 PM   #6508 (permalink)
pain rustique
 
breadnatty08's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: District of Columbia
Posts: 19,822
 
Device(s): LG G2, Moto G, Galaxy S3, Galaxy Nexus LTE, Nexus 7, HTC Flyer
Carrier: Verizon

Thanks: 6,449
Thanked 6,107 Times in 4,005 Posts
Default

Cool to see the awesome panoramas. Here is one I took on our day trip to Miami:


Edit: Gah it's tiny. Uploaded to G+. I'll try Picassa.
breadnatty08 is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to breadnatty08 For This Useful Post:
EarlyMon (January 30th, 2012), jbdan (January 30th, 2012)
Old January 30th, 2012, 03:24 PM   #6509 (permalink)
Member
 
mistermojorizi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 487
 
Device(s): Droid (Ultra) Maxx, LTE GNex, Touchpad 32gb
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 219
Thanked 234 Times in 158 Posts
Default

i tried sending a pic message by clicking on the little paperclip icon in the mms app and attaching the pic. or so I thought. the intended receipient didn't get the pic.

Why is that and how do you pic message properly then?
mistermojorizi is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old January 30th, 2012, 03:26 PM   #6510 (permalink)
Trouble Just Finds Me!
Thread Author (OP)
 
BabyBlues's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Jersey - born & bred
Gender: Female
Posts: 13,125
 
Device(s): VZW Galaxy Nexus - rooted - Shiny ROM
Carrier: Verizon

Thanks: 10,842
Thanked 11,671 Times in 5,893 Posts
CowgirlKL25
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RadYOacTiVe View Post
Ok guys, I bit the bullet and sold my Gnex and bought a Razr Maxx. I plan to pick up another GNex when the prices start dropping and will stay subscribed to this thread and other Gnex threads.

Regardless of my phone, I am still honored to be part of the history making pre-release thread!
I hope you stick around!
__________________
Did someone help you? Click
Rude or abusive posts, spam or threads that need staff attention, click
BabyBlues is offline  
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old January 30th, 2012, 03:45 PM   #6511 (permalink)
The PearlyMon
 
EarlyMon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: New Mexico, USA
Posts: 46,527
 
Device(s): M8, LTEvo, 3vo, and Shift - Evo retired
Carrier: Sprint

Thanks: 42,797
Thanked 57,307 Times in 23,048 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frisco View Post
Gun stuff -


I went to my local watering hole this weekend, danced, talked with pals, had a blast.

Over the bar, they had a sign that said firearms are prohibited.

We've made the same determination about this Watering Hole.

Everyone, please take the 2nd Amendment stuff to the Politics and Current Affairs lounge where we have great threads for that, thanks!
__________________
|

Minutus cantorum, minutus balorum, minutus carborata descendum pantorum.

Links: Site Rules / Guidelines -and- Zero Tolerance Policy (All Members Read)


For right-on help, the Thanks button is on the right of the post.
For anything out in left field, the /!\ report button is to the left.

Remember, it's our forums and we're all in this together - so let's keep it cool!

Shoot the breeze at the best new gun forum!
EarlyMon is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old January 30th, 2012, 03:58 PM   #6512 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
SolidOrange's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Clemson, SC
Posts: 1,640
 
Device(s): VZ Galaxy Nexus, B&N Nook Color, Viewsonic g-Tab, Logitech Revue
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 806
Thanked 1,676 Times in 659 Posts
Default

i am jealous of all the panoramic pics! it makes me feel dumb, but i still haven't figured out how to use that feature correctly. i tried it several times on vacation in miami and always ended up with incomplete panoramic sized pics, or oddly compressed normal sized ones.
__________________
Samsung Galaxy Nexus: Liquid ICS 1.4
B&N Nook Color: CyanogenMod 7.1
Logitech Revue: EOL'd by Logitech, but not by me.
Viewsonic g-Tab: ICS Beta - Team DRH
RETIRED: Moto Droid1, HTC Thunderbolt, Moto Droid Razr
SolidOrange is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old January 30th, 2012, 04:03 PM   #6513 (permalink)
pain rustique
 
breadnatty08's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: District of Columbia
Posts: 19,822
 
Device(s): LG G2, Moto G, Galaxy S3, Galaxy Nexus LTE, Nexus 7, HTC Flyer
Carrier: Verizon

Thanks: 6,449
Thanked 6,107 Times in 4,005 Posts
Default

Well, pretty sweet. Joe Biden finally made it to our other restaurant. He's been to my location 3 times now. Must be a big fan of our pizza. Just hoping Obama will make it one day.
Prince Of Petworth VP Joe Biden Hits Pete’s Apizza in Columbia Heights Fri. Night
breadnatty08 is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to breadnatty08 For This Useful Post:
BabyBlues (January 30th, 2012)
Old January 30th, 2012, 04:04 PM   #6514 (permalink)
pain rustique
 
breadnatty08's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: District of Columbia
Posts: 19,822
 
Device(s): LG G2, Moto G, Galaxy S3, Galaxy Nexus LTE, Nexus 7, HTC Flyer
Carrier: Verizon

Thanks: 6,449
Thanked 6,107 Times in 4,005 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidOrange View Post
i am jealous of all the panoramic pics! it makes me feel dumb, but i still haven't figured out how to use that feature correctly. i tried it several times on vacation in miami and always ended up with incomplete panoramic sized pics, or oddly compressed normal sized ones.
Just make sure you go slow enough. It usually warns you if you swipe too fast. A hell of a lot cooler than the shoot and stitch that the Motos have.
breadnatty08 is offline  
Last edited by breadnatty08; January 30th, 2012 at 04:21 PM.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to breadnatty08 For This Useful Post:
SolidOrange (January 30th, 2012)
Old January 30th, 2012, 04:29 PM   #6515 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
SolidOrange's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Clemson, SC
Posts: 1,640
 
Device(s): VZ Galaxy Nexus, B&N Nook Color, Viewsonic g-Tab, Logitech Revue
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 806
Thanked 1,676 Times in 659 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreadnatty08 View Post
Just make sure you go slow enough. It usually warns you if you swipe too fast. A hell of a lot cooler than the shoot and stitch that the Motos have.
i guess my main problem is that i seldom get a clear picture when i'm NOT moving the camera around. moving it for the panoramic shots results in extremely blurry shots.

the camera is honestly my only complaint about the GNex. a still subject in bright sunlight looks good, but i have yet to take a good picture of anything that moves or anything under incandescent/low light. yes, there are apps that make it better, but from the reviews i have read, you need about 3 different ones to cover every situation. while i will admit that at least some of it is user error on my part, the camera on a device of this quality SHOULD be better.
SolidOrange is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old January 30th, 2012, 04:32 PM   #6516 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
IHateMyTreo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Whistler BC and Los Angeles
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,411
 
Device(s): RAZR MAXX HD, Xoom (rooted, Baked Bean 8)
Carrier: VZW

Thanks: 595
Thanked 903 Times in 512 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreadnatty08 View Post
Well, pretty sweet. Joe Biden finally made it to our other restaurant. He's been to my location 3 times now. Must be a big fan of our pizza. Just hoping Obama will make it one day.
Prince Of Petworth VP Joe Biden Hits Pete’s Apizza in Columbia Heights Fri. Night
Man NOW I know what your avatar photo is!! My eyesight isn't great and I could never figure out, until now, that it was a pizza! Doh! [Dough )
IHateMyTreo is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old January 30th, 2012, 04:41 PM   #6517 (permalink)
pain rustique
 
breadnatty08's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: District of Columbia
Posts: 19,822
 
Device(s): LG G2, Moto G, Galaxy S3, Galaxy Nexus LTE, Nexus 7, HTC Flyer
Carrier: Verizon

Thanks: 6,449
Thanked 6,107 Times in 4,005 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by IHateMyTreo View Post
Man NOW I know what your avatar photo is!! My eyesight isn't great and I could never figure out, until now, that it was a pizza! Doh! [Dough )
Haha, it actually isn't. It's a loaf of rosemary meyer lemon bread we made at a bakery in California (Della Fattoria) during my externship at culinary school.
Should you ever make it out to DC, come stop by our shop!
breadnatty08 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old January 30th, 2012, 04:46 PM   #6518 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
IHateMyTreo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Whistler BC and Los Angeles
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,411
 
Device(s): RAZR MAXX HD, Xoom (rooted, Baked Bean 8)
Carrier: VZW

Thanks: 595
Thanked 903 Times in 512 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreadnatty08 View Post
Haha, it actually isn't. It's a loaf of rosemary meyer lemon bread we made at a bakery in California (Della Fattoria) during my externship at culinary school.
Should you ever make it out to DC, come stop by our shop!
Lemon bread you say? Leaving now!
IHateMyTreo is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old January 30th, 2012, 04:46 PM   #6519 (permalink)
Trouble Just Finds Me!
Thread Author (OP)
 
BabyBlues's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Jersey - born & bred
Gender: Female
Posts: 13,125
 
Device(s): VZW Galaxy Nexus - rooted - Shiny ROM
Carrier: Verizon

Thanks: 10,842
Thanked 11,671 Times in 5,893 Posts
CowgirlKL25
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreadnatty08 View Post
Haha, it actually isn't. It's a loaf of rosemary meyer lemon bread we made at a bakery in California (Della Fattoria) during my externship at culinary school.
Should you ever make it out to DC, come stop by our shop!
Makes me want to drive down there.
BabyBlues is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old January 30th, 2012, 05:00 PM   #6520 (permalink)
pain rustique
 
breadnatty08's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: District of Columbia
Posts: 19,822
 
Device(s): LG G2, Moto G, Galaxy S3, Galaxy Nexus LTE, Nexus 7, HTC Flyer
Carrier: Verizon

Thanks: 6,449
Thanked 6,107 Times in 4,005 Posts
Default

That bakery was in Sonoma County. Actually on a ranch and the bakery was a converted garage. We used two wood fired ovens. It was a hell of 4 months there (actually lived on the property). If you want to see some photos here ya go:
Della Fattoria Breads
Sadly, DC has one of the worst bread scenes I've ever lived in.
breadnatty08 is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to breadnatty08 For This Useful Post:
BabyBlues (January 30th, 2012)
sponsored links
Old January 30th, 2012, 05:05 PM   #6521 (permalink)
~Play Nice~
 
Unforgiven's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Douglas, MA
Gender: Male
Posts: 25,054
 
Device(s): Moto X Developer Edition, Nexus 7 (2012 & 2013), Note II, S3
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 15,733
Thanked 17,013 Times in 9,360 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidOrange View Post
i guess my main problem is that i seldom get a clear picture when i'm NOT moving the camera around. moving it for the panoramic shots results in extremely blurry shots.

the camera is honestly my only complaint about the GNex. a still subject in bright sunlight looks good, but i have yet to take a good picture of anything that moves or anything under incandescent/low light. yes, there are apps that make it better, but from the reviews i have read, you need about 3 different ones to cover every situation. while i will admit that at least some of it is user error on my part, the camera on a device of this quality SHOULD be better.
I have had no problem with motion photos / video on the GNex. It took me a time or two to get used to the panoramic photo, but those came out clearer than many of my stills. I have been very happy with video, even streaming to a 1080p TV. I am even getting used to taking stills by tapping the screen (to force focus) and then using the zero shutter lag (it seems to hold the forced focus).

On Sunday we had my mothers birthday party and tried to snap a photo with all of her grandsons (she would like a granddaughter some day but none of us have stepped up to the plate yet ). I opened the photo app, clicked on the display area, to force focus on faces, then snapped off about six photos in ten seconds (based on photo names) until I had one where all were looking at the camera and smiling. Anyone who has tried to photo 17, 13, 4, and 2 year olds knows what kind of challenge this is. All of the photos had the same clarity and were at least on par with the photos from my OG Droid and D2 (which both took awesome pics without the extra force focus step).

Maybe it should be an option in the camera to focus first, then allow zero shutter. Maybe Google focused on the gimmicky zero lag shutter as a selling point. My point is the phone can take good stills.
__________________

Join the fun and make some friends, register for free here.
If someone helped, hit Thanks, if you see rude or abusive posts, spam, or threads that need staff attention, hit Report.
Site Rules / Android Forums FAQ
*** Do you want to talk guns? ***

Unforgiven is online now  
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Unforgiven For This Useful Post:
SolidOrange (January 30th, 2012)
Old January 30th, 2012, 05:06 PM   #6522 (permalink)
Trouble Just Finds Me!
Thread Author (OP)
 
BabyBlues's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Jersey - born & bred
Gender: Female
Posts: 13,125
 
Device(s): VZW Galaxy Nexus - rooted - Shiny ROM
Carrier: Verizon

Thanks: 10,842
Thanked 11,671 Times in 5,893 Posts
CowgirlKL25
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreadnatty08 View Post
That bakery was in Sonoma County. Actually on a ranch and the bakery was a converted garage. We used two wood fired ovens. It was a hell of 4 months there (actually lived on the property). If you want to see some photos here ya go:
Della Fattoria Breads
Sadly, DC has one of the worst bread scenes I've ever lived in.
But you have pizza, which means the next logical step is that you'd have calzones. And pizza or calzone are comfort foods and some of my favorites even when I don't need comfort food.
BabyBlues is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BabyBlues For This Useful Post:
breadnatty08 (January 30th, 2012), ryancmatchett (January 30th, 2012)
Old January 30th, 2012, 05:07 PM   #6523 (permalink)
pain rustique
 
breadnatty08's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: District of Columbia
Posts: 19,822
 
Device(s): LG G2, Moto G, Galaxy S3, Galaxy Nexus LTE, Nexus 7, HTC Flyer
Carrier: Verizon

Thanks: 6,449
Thanked 6,107 Times in 4,005 Posts
Default

And this makes me so happy since the volume rocker is really sensitive on the Nexus (and especially with my Cruzer Lite case)!!
Koush Releases Touch Recovery Beta for Nexus S and Galaxy Nexus
breadnatty08 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old January 30th, 2012, 05:10 PM   #6524 (permalink)
pain rustique
 
breadnatty08's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: District of Columbia
Posts: 19,822
 
Device(s): LG G2, Moto G, Galaxy S3, Galaxy Nexus LTE, Nexus 7, HTC Flyer
Carrier: Verizon

Thanks: 6,449
Thanked 6,107 Times in 4,005 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BabyBlues View Post
But you have pizza, which means the next logical step is that you'd have calzones. And pizza or calzone are comfort foods and some of my favorites even when I don't need comfort food.
Well, the owners are looking to expand the concept once they open at least one more Pete's. The concept I'm most salivating over is a hybrid bakery/cafe/wine bar. Nothing like it in the district. And I'd most definitely be heading up the bakery operations!
breadnatty08 is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to breadnatty08 For This Useful Post:
ryancmatchett (January 30th, 2012)
Old January 30th, 2012, 05:12 PM   #6525 (permalink)
Trouble Just Finds Me!
Thread Author (OP)
 
BabyBlues's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Jersey - born & bred
Gender: Female
Posts: 13,125
 
Device(s): VZW Galaxy Nexus - rooted - Shiny ROM
Carrier: Verizon

Thanks: 10,842
Thanked 11,671 Times in 5,893 Posts
CowgirlKL25
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreadnatty08 View Post
Well, the owners are looking to expand the concept once they open at least one more Pete's. The concept I'm most salivating over is a hybrid bakery/cafe/wine bar. Nothing like it in the district. And I'd most definitely be heading up the bakery operations!
Sounds great.
BabyBlues is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old January 30th, 2012, 05:28 PM   #6526 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 404
 
Device(s): Galaxy Nexus LTE, HP Touchpad, Nook Color, Droid Incredible
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 345
Thanked 84 Times in 61 Posts
Default

Question for everyone. Just bought Volume +. Is anyone using this? If so, what settings did you land on? I selected 7, but I am not sure it is any louder. lol
__________________
Dropbox Referral Code: http://db.tt/rGuITqe
Phone: Galaxy Nexus LTE
ROM: AOKP
Kernel: LeanKernel
S-Off
AndroiDad75 is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old January 30th, 2012, 05:37 PM   #6527 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Copacetic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Coastal Carolina
Posts: 1,144
 
Device(s): LG G2, Nexus 10,Galaxy Nexus, Nexus 7 2012, Asus Transformer, Droid X
Carrier: Verizon

Thanks: 366
Thanked 501 Times in 349 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhmclay View Post
Question for everyone. Just bought Volume +. Is anyone using this? If so, what settings did you land on? I selected 7, but I am not sure it is any louder. lol

I am on 10, any louder I get a reverb.
Copacetic is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old January 30th, 2012, 05:44 PM   #6528 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
SolidOrange's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Clemson, SC
Posts: 1,640
 
Device(s): VZ Galaxy Nexus, B&N Nook Color, Viewsonic g-Tab, Logitech Revue
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 806
Thanked 1,676 Times in 659 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pupkact View Post
I have had no problem with motion photos / video on the GNex. It took me a time or two to get used to the panoramic photo, but those came out clearer than many of my stills. I have been very happy with video, even streaming to a 1080p TV. I am even getting used to taking stills by tapping the screen (to force focus) and then using the zero shutter lag (it seems to hold the forced focus).

On Sunday we had my mothers birthday party and tried to snap a photo with all of her grandsons (she would like a granddaughter some day but none of us have stepped up to the plate yet ). I opened the photo app, clicked on the display area, to force focus on faces, then snapped off about six photos in ten seconds (based on photo names) until I had one where all were looking at the camera and smiling. Anyone who has tried to photo 17, 13, 4, and 2 year olds knows what kind of challenge this is. All of the photos had the same clarity and were at least on par with the photos from my OG Droid and D2 (which both took awesome pics without the extra force focus step).

Maybe it should be an option in the camera to focus first, then allow zero shutter. Maybe Google focused on the gimmicky zero lag shutter as a selling point. My point is the phone can take good stills.
i guess most people just have better luck or a steadier hand than i do. i really wish there was a volume rocker shutter option, because i inevitably move the phone around when i am trying to use the on screen one. in anything other than bright light, EVERYTHING comes out grainy, especially when viewed in full screen. as an example, here is one of the BEST ones from miami:



that is what almost all 50 of my pics from that trip look like. the only ones that are really crisp were taken in bright sunlight. for comparison, here is a pic from my thunderbolt camera: (you can read the players' numbers! )


i am usually not one to complain, but using my GNex as a camera while hanging out with friends/family is simply not a good option. with my thunderbolt, 80% or more of the pics were usuable. on the GNex, i would say it is easily 50% or lower. i often find myself taking 3-5 shots of anything i really need to capture, in the hopes that one will turn out well.
SolidOrange is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old January 30th, 2012, 06:20 PM   #6529 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
IHateMyTreo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Whistler BC and Los Angeles
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,411
 
Device(s): RAZR MAXX HD, Xoom (rooted, Baked Bean 8)
Carrier: VZW

Thanks: 595
Thanked 903 Times in 512 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidOrange View Post
i guess most people just have better luck or a steadier hand than i do. i really wish there was a volume rocker shutter option, because i inevitably move the phone around when i am trying to use the on screen one. in anything other than bright light, EVERYTHING comes out grainy, especially when viewed in full screen. as an example, here is one of the BEST ones from miami:



that is what almost all 50 of my pics from that trip look like. the only ones that are really crisp were taken in bright sunlight. for comparison, here is a pic from my thunderbolt camera: (you can read the players' numbers! )


i am usually not one to complain, but using my GNex as a camera while hanging out with friends/family is simply not a good option. with my thunderbolt, 80% or more of the pics were usuable. on the GNex, i would say it is easily 50% or lower. i often find myself taking 3-5 shots of anything i really need to capture, in the hopes that one will turn out well.
Geez, you had MUCH better seats when you had a TBolt
IHateMyTreo is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old January 30th, 2012, 06:24 PM   #6530 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
RazorSharp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Boston, MA
Gender: Male
Posts: 2,197
 
Device(s): Nexus 5, Nexus 7
Carrier: T-Mobile

Thanks: 1,345
Thanked 1,959 Times in 807 Posts
Default

Sigh. Came home, 833 new items in my RSS feed. Gotta figure out a better way to do this. -_-
__________________
These teeth are razor sharp...
RazorSharp is offline  
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old January 30th, 2012, 06:25 PM   #6531 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
SolidOrange's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Clemson, SC
Posts: 1,640
 
Device(s): VZ Galaxy Nexus, B&N Nook Color, Viewsonic g-Tab, Logitech Revue
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 806
Thanked 1,676 Times in 659 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by IHateMyTreo View Post
Geez, you had MUCH better seats when you had a TBolt
those seats have been in my family since 1942. i have seen every home game since i was 6 years old from that spot.

seats in miami weren't bad... the game, on the other hand, was.
SolidOrange is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old January 30th, 2012, 06:37 PM   #6532 (permalink)
Accept no imitations!
 
The_Chief's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Manchester, TN
Gender: Male
Posts: 9,329
 
Device(s): Note 3 (rooted & ROMmed), Galaxy Nexus (retired), OG Droid (retired)
Carrier: Verizon

Thanks: 2,616
Thanked 7,147 Times in 3,391 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidOrange View Post
i am usually not one to complain, but using my GNex as a camera while hanging out with friends/family is simply not a good option. with my thunderbolt, 80% or more of the pics were usuable. on the GNex, i would say it is easily 50% or lower. i often find myself taking 3-5 shots of anything i really need to capture, in the hopes that one will turn out well.
Solid, have you tried HDR+ Camera app? It blows the stock camera app out of the water in terms of resolution, color, and balance. I simply cannot get over the difference. It has made my Nexus pretty much my camera of choice.

It does not yet have video, panorama or zoom capability, but it can't be beat for what it does. Highly Recommended!
__________________



If I have helped you at all, please click the "Thanks" button
Forum Rules & Guidelines
The_Chief is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to The_Chief For This Useful Post:
SolidOrange (January 30th, 2012)
Old January 30th, 2012, 06:42 PM   #6533 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
IHateMyTreo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Whistler BC and Los Angeles
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,411
 
Device(s): RAZR MAXX HD, Xoom (rooted, Baked Bean 8)
Carrier: VZW

Thanks: 595
Thanked 903 Times in 512 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidOrange View Post
those seats have been in my family since 1942. i have seen every home game since i was 6 years old from that spot.
(
Those are definitely the quality seats that get passed on generation to generation. Awesome!

I had similar seats for the USC (Trojan) games in the 60's and 70's when my dad was faculty (and I was a little kid), and a few national championship seasons, but alas, they could not be passed down.
IHateMyTreo is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to IHateMyTreo For This Useful Post:
SolidOrange (January 30th, 2012)
Old January 30th, 2012, 07:15 PM   #6534 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Copacetic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Coastal Carolina
Posts: 1,144
 
Device(s): LG G2, Nexus 10,Galaxy Nexus, Nexus 7 2012, Asus Transformer, Droid X
Carrier: Verizon

Thanks: 366
Thanked 501 Times in 349 Posts
Default

I figured out that not only does the order seem to matter in using Tasker with NFC tags, but also adding a "wait" command for five second helped it load the multiple tasks better. Here is an example.
Copacetic is offline  
Last edited by Copacetic; January 30th, 2012 at 07:19 PM.
Reply With Quote
Old January 30th, 2012, 08:04 PM   #6535 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
RazorSharp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Boston, MA
Gender: Male
Posts: 2,197
 
Device(s): Nexus 5, Nexus 7
Carrier: T-Mobile

Thanks: 1,345
Thanked 1,959 Times in 807 Posts
Default

Not as bad as I thought, I got through today's stuff pretty quickly:

SlashGear Evening Wrap-Up: January 30, 2012 - SlashGear

New Mobile-Phone Privacy Law Proposed for the post-Carrier IQ Era | Wired.com

Verizon to reportedly roll out shared family data plans soon | BGR

Mod: NOVA Launcher Custom Folder Icon Themes – Droid Life

Not sure if real: Galaxy Nexus Plus with faster CPU and improved camera on the way? | Android and Me

Monday Poll: Current Custom ROM is? – Droid Life

ASUS Padfone to be Unveiled at Mobile World Congress | Phandroid

A Google-a-Day Puzzle for Jan. 30 | Wired.com

Makes the extended battery considerably less ugly! Seidio SURFACE Extended Battery Case for Verizon Galaxy Nexus | Android Central

Web economy to double by 2016, driven by mobile growth | TheNextWeb

Windows running on an Android phone? APK puts Windows 95, 98 and XP, plus Linux on the EVO 3D -- Engadget

Android Trojans highlight basic problem with a non-curated Market - SlashGear

Game Insight releases their new game Big Business for Android | DroidGamers

First Three Phoenix Wright Games Coming To Android, Objections Galore – Droid Life

From today's "lolwut?" column: 63% of mobile users have made a phone call from the bathroom | BGR

As a final note, I received a promotion today at work. I'll be much busier during work hours and unfortunately won't be posting much during the day, but I'm going to try to create a schedule where I do daily RSRSS posts each evening to create some stability and consistency. Just an FYI for everyone!
RazorSharp is offline  
Last edited by RazorSharp; January 30th, 2012 at 08:14 PM.
Reply With Quote
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to RazorSharp For This Useful Post:
BabyBlues (January 30th, 2012), CaptainRon (January 30th, 2012), chiph411 (January 30th, 2012), EarlyMon (January 30th, 2012), Evilgrin (January 31st, 2012), jmar (January 30th, 2012), mistermojorizi (January 30th, 2012), SolidOrange (January 30th, 2012), The_Chief (January 30th, 2012)
Old January 30th, 2012, 08:10 PM   #6536 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
RazorSharp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Boston, MA
Gender: Male
Posts: 2,197
 
Device(s): Nexus 5, Nexus 7
Carrier: T-Mobile

Thanks: 1,345
Thanked 1,959 Times in 807 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stigy View Post
Not sure if anyone reads Lifehacker, but I highly recommend you do. Its probably my favorite blog on the Gawker network. Tons of great tips to increase productivity and just cool daily finds, etc. Lifehacker, tips and downloads for getting things done
Yeah, I post Lifehacker links all the time. Great site.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RadYOacTiVe View Post
Ok guys, I bit the bullet and sold my Gnex and bought a Razr Maxx. I plan to pick up another GNex when the prices start dropping and will stay subscribed to this thread and other Gnex threads.

Regardless of my phone, I am still honored to be part of the history making pre-release thread!
Enjoy the tank battery!
RazorSharp is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old January 30th, 2012, 08:17 PM   #6537 (permalink)
Trouble Just Finds Me!
Thread Author (OP)
 
BabyBlues's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Jersey - born & bred
Gender: Female
Posts: 13,125
 
Device(s): VZW Galaxy Nexus - rooted - Shiny ROM
Carrier: Verizon

Thanks: 10,842
Thanked 11,671 Times in 5,893 Posts
CowgirlKL25
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RazorSharp View Post
...

As a final note, I received a promotion today at work. I'll be much busier during work hours and unfortunately won't be posting much during the day, but I'm going to try to create a schedule where I do daily RSRSS posts each evening to create some stability and consistency. Just an FYI for everyone!
Congratulations on promotion!
BabyBlues is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to BabyBlues For This Useful Post:
EarlyMon (January 30th, 2012), RazorSharp (January 30th, 2012), ryancmatchett (January 30th, 2012)
Old January 30th, 2012, 08:41 PM   #6538 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: NC
Posts: 395
 
Device(s): The Beast - Galaxy Sr, Toshiba Thrive
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 602
Thanked 392 Times in 146 Posts
Default HELP! (with un-rooting!)

Gotta take the phone back to VZW (my replacement seems to be doing very well...not a single call where the other person lost my sound.)

Anyway, I'm trying to unroot/lock so I can send the old phone back to VZW tomorrow. I'm trying to follow this thread:

How to: Unroot the Galaxy Nexus, Re-lock the Bootloader and Return to a Factory State

I had my adb working...it finds the phone fine. However, when I try the 2nd command:

fastboot flash bootloader bootloader-toro-primekk15.img

I get the error "cannot load bootloader-toro-primekk15.img"

I assume this is somehow related to the files / folder location. I downloaded the 4.02 img file, and unzipped it to the following:

c:\android-sdk\tools folder

Then I ran 7zip to extract the files to that folder, which created a folder "mysid-icl53f" in my tools folder. So, I have a folder "c:\android-sdk\tools\mysid-icl53f". In THAT folder, I have a file called "bootloader-toro-primekk15.img". I am running the fastboot command from within that folder, where the img file is located.

What am I doing wrong??? Thanks for any and all help!
NCTurner is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old January 30th, 2012, 08:42 PM   #6539 (permalink)
Accept no imitations!
 
The_Chief's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Manchester, TN
Gender: Male
Posts: 9,329
 
Device(s): Note 3 (rooted & ROMmed), Galaxy Nexus (retired), OG Droid (retired)
Carrier: Verizon

Thanks: 2,616
Thanked 7,147 Times in 3,391 Posts
Default

(a) CONGRATULATIONS RazorSharp! Promotions are a good thing!

(b) A Galaxy Nexus PLUS????
Good thing I'm still sitting on an upgrade!
The_Chief is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to The_Chief For This Useful Post:
RazorSharp (January 30th, 2012)
Old January 30th, 2012, 08:52 PM   #6540 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
ajdroidx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Colorado
Gender: Male
Posts: 2,769
 
Device(s): Nexus 5, Galaxy note II (back up)
Carrier: AT&T

Thanks: 691
Thanked 1,077 Times in 628 Posts
Default

Congrats on the Promotion!

BTW with the gun chatter being moved out of this thread, anyone catch the "Concealed carry report" with a gun in the ad at the bottom of this page? LOL
ajdroidx is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ajdroidx For This Useful Post:
EarlyMon (January 31st, 2012), RazorSharp (January 30th, 2012)
sponsored links
Old January 30th, 2012, 08:59 PM   #6541 (permalink)
hakuna matata
 
halon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Altoona, Pennsylvania
Posts: 4,064
 
Device(s): LG G2 Galaxy Nexus(retired) Nexus 7 2013
Carrier: Verizon

Thanks: 602
Thanked 1,367 Times in 831 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajdroidx View Post
Congrats on the Promotion!

BTW with the gun chatter being moved out of this thread, anyone catch the "Concealed carry report" with a gun in the ad at the bottom of this page? LOL
Nope. I use adblock.
halon is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old January 30th, 2012, 09:02 PM   #6542 (permalink)
Trouble Just Finds Me!
Thread Author (OP)
 
BabyBlues's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Jersey - born & bred
Gender: Female
Posts: 13,125
 
Device(s): VZW Galaxy Nexus - rooted - Shiny ROM
Carrier: Verizon

Thanks: 10,842
Thanked 11,671 Times in 5,893 Posts
CowgirlKL25
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajdroidx View Post
Congrats on the Promotion!

BTW with the gun chatter being moved out of this thread, anyone catch the "Concealed carry report" with a gun in the ad at the bottom of this page? LOL
I have tapatalk so no ads.
BabyBlues is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old January 30th, 2012, 09:14 PM   #6543 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Copacetic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Coastal Carolina
Posts: 1,144
 
Device(s): LG G2, Nexus 10,Galaxy Nexus, Nexus 7 2012, Asus Transformer, Droid X
Carrier: Verizon

Thanks: 366
Thanked 501 Times in 349 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCTurner View Post

What am I doing wrong??? Thanks for any and all help!
Can you use Wugs?
http://forums.androidcentral.com/verizon-galaxy-nexus-rooting-roms-hacks/147177-automated-wugs-galaxy-nexus-root-toolkit-v1-3-updated-1-22-a.html
Copacetic is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Copacetic For This Useful Post:
NCTurner (January 30th, 2012)
Old January 30th, 2012, 09:24 PM   #6544 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: NC
Posts: 395
 
Device(s): The Beast - Galaxy Sr, Toshiba Thrive
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 602
Thanked 392 Times in 146 Posts
Default

Thanks, got it! I did use Wugs...got it working, then saw your post...lol. That is a really nice program! Off to VZW mail tomorrow.

I'm curious Copacetic....any one way audio with your replacement phone, like you had before? I haven't on mine...hopefully that'll continue.
NCTurner is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old January 30th, 2012, 09:46 PM   #6545 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
SolidOrange's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Clemson, SC
Posts: 1,640
 
Device(s): VZ Galaxy Nexus, B&N Nook Color, Viewsonic g-Tab, Logitech Revue
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 806
Thanked 1,676 Times in 659 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by IHateMyTreo View Post
Those are definitely the quality seats that get passed on generation to generation. Awesome!

I had similar seats for the USC (Trojan) games in the 60's and 70's when my dad was faculty (and I was a little kid), and a few national championship seasons, but alas, they could not be passed down.
i have never gotten to witness a national championship season. Clemson pulled it off in 1981, but i wasn't alive for that one. wrapping up the ACC championship this year was amazing, i can only imagine the emotion behind a national title.

vantage point be damned, the hill is the best seat in the house.


you just can't beat the atmosphere. watching the crowd part as the team enters and runs down into the stadium will give you goosebumps every time. since it is 99% students and there is no seating at all, it gets rowdy fast and stays that way.

here is one of my pictures of all time, taken from the hill my freshman year in '03 after we beat #3 FSU for the first time since '89:



coincidentally, collapsible goal posts were installed at the end of that season.
SolidOrange is offline  
Last edited by SolidOrange; January 30th, 2012 at 09:49 PM.
Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to SolidOrange For This Useful Post:
EarlyMon (January 31st, 2012), IHateMyTreo (January 30th, 2012), jbdan (January 31st, 2012)
Old January 30th, 2012, 10:32 PM   #6546 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Copacetic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Coastal Carolina
Posts: 1,144
 
Device(s): LG G2, Nexus 10,Galaxy Nexus, Nexus 7 2012, Asus Transformer, Droid X
Carrier: Verizon

Thanks: 366
Thanked 501 Times in 349 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCTurner View Post
Thanks, got it! I did use Wugs...got it working, then saw your post...lol. That is a really nice program! Off to VZW mail tomorrow.

I'm curious Copacetic....any one way audio with your replacement phone, like you had before? I haven't on mine...hopefully that'll continue.
None at all, one week strong. The only app i had not added back in yet was skype. I just put it on this handset tonight so we shall see if it has any effect. Glad your up and running, remember to save the tracking number from the back if the return label. I needed mine!
Copacetic is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old January 31st, 2012, 12:14 AM   #6547 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 38
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 315
Thanked 36 Times in 22 Posts
Default

you guys gotta try out the newest Franco kernel 15. I just set the gov to francoGazelle and my phone has never been faster. I mean wow, this is really blazing!
brightside is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to brightside For This Useful Post:
chiph411 (January 31st, 2012), jbdan (January 31st, 2012)
Old January 31st, 2012, 12:40 AM   #6548 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
IHateMyTreo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Whistler BC and Los Angeles
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,411
 
Device(s): RAZR MAXX HD, Xoom (rooted, Baked Bean 8)
Carrier: VZW

Thanks: 595
Thanked 903 Times in 512 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidOrange View Post
i have never gotten to witness a national championship season. Clemson pulled it off in 1981, but i wasn't alive for that one. wrapping up the ACC championship this year was amazing, i can only imagine the emotion behind a national title.

vantage point be damned, the hill is the best seat in the house.

you just can't beat the atmosphere. watching the crowd part as the team enters and runs down into the stadium will give you goosebumps every time. since it is 99% students and there is no seating at all, it gets rowdy fast and stays that way.

here is one of my pictures of all time, taken from the hill my freshman year in '03 after we beat #3 FSU for the first time since '89:



coincidentally, collapsible goal posts were installed at the end of that season.
IMO, Southern football is just a different, more rabid animal. They are SERIOUS. West coast football seems more laid back. At least most of the time. If you are an Irish fan, do not click "show."




IHateMyTreo is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to IHateMyTreo For This Useful Post:
SolidOrange (January 31st, 2012)
Old January 31st, 2012, 05:32 AM   #6549 (permalink)
pain rustique
 
breadnatty08's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: District of Columbia
Posts: 19,822
 
Device(s): LG G2, Moto G, Galaxy S3, Galaxy Nexus LTE, Nexus 7, HTC Flyer
Carrier: Verizon

Thanks: 6,449
Thanked 6,107 Times in 4,005 Posts
Default

Morning everyone!
I have a question for those who use Rhapsody (or perhaps any other streaming app):
The past several days, while streaming some music, the app will all of a sudden close. I think it's likely because I come into a bad signal area (usually drops to 1 bar of 4G, perhaps no 4G). My question is, why doesn't it just buffer instead of completely closing?
breadnatty08 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old January 31st, 2012, 06:14 AM   #6550 (permalink)
~Play Nice~
 
Unforgiven's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Douglas, MA
Gender: Male
Posts: 25,054
 
Device(s): Moto X Developer Edition, Nexus 7 (2012 & 2013), Note II, S3
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 15,733
Thanked 17,013 Times in 9,360 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreadnatty08 View Post
Morning everyone!
I have a question for those who use Rhapsody (or perhaps any other streaming app):
The past several days, while streaming some music, the app will all of a sudden close. I think it's likely because I come into a bad signal area (usually drops to 1 bar of 4G, perhaps no 4G). My question is, why doesn't it just buffer instead of completely closing?
I use TuneIn to stream in my car and with the leaked radios. It doesn't close when I lose signal, just pauses until I reacquire signal. I have seen much better performance as far as holding onto the stream in weak areas. I should say that I am only on 3G.
Unforgiven is online now  
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Unforgiven For This Useful Post:
breadnatty08 (January 31st, 2012)
Reply
Tags
lounge, nexus


Go Back   Android Forums > Android Forums Community > The Lounge
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:06 AM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.