Go Back   Android Forums > Android Community > The Lounge
The Lounge We're all friends here. Hang out, kick your feet up and talk about whatever the heck you want!

Get excited for the Samsung Galaxy S5! Find everything you need and discuss it in our Galaxy S5 Forum!

Like Tree8226Likes

test: Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old April 20th, 2012, 03:21 AM   #11501 (permalink)
Usually off topic
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: FG
Posts: 10,465
 
Device(s): Gnex N7
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 2,166
Thanked 4,976 Times in 3,268 Posts
Default

Ugh...have some beer...AF is slow...read this thread...regret it...I think I'm gonna need more beer to get that image of ron out of my head

More people need to be online this early or late...


__________________
Forum Gaming
Yeahha is offline  
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old April 20th, 2012, 04:05 AM   #11502 (permalink)
Need Beer and Mustard
 
breadnatty08's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: District of Columbia
Posts: 17,775
 
Device(s): LG G2, Moto G, Galaxy S3, Galaxy Nexus LTE, Nexus 7, HTC Flyer
Carrier: Verizon

Thanks: 5,735
Thanked 5,422 Times in 3,575 Posts
Default

Morning everyone!
Here she is (maybe):
Did the Samsung Galaxy S III just appear in Vietnam? (video) -- Engadget
breadnatty08 is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to breadnatty08 For This Useful Post:
jmar (April 20th, 2012), Stigy (April 20th, 2012)
Old April 20th, 2012, 04:22 AM   #11503 (permalink)
Need Beer and Mustard
 
breadnatty08's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: District of Columbia
Posts: 17,775
 
Device(s): LG G2, Moto G, Galaxy S3, Galaxy Nexus LTE, Nexus 7, HTC Flyer
Carrier: Verizon

Thanks: 5,735
Thanked 5,422 Times in 3,575 Posts
Default

Any SNL fans? I seriously can't get enough of this skit, it's hilarious.
Hulu - Saturday Night Live: The Californians
And I'm assuming all you living in SoCal act exactly like this
breadnatty08 is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to breadnatty08 For This Useful Post:
jmar (April 20th, 2012)
Old April 20th, 2012, 05:40 AM   #11504 (permalink)
Nexican
 
jmar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: San Jose, CA
Gender: Male
Posts: 4,840
 
Device(s): hammerhead, falcon, dream, grouper (Retired: mako, toro, daytona, vivow, inc, aloha, encore)
Carrier: AT&T & VZW

Thanks: 7,605
Thanked 3,205 Times in 1,884 Posts
jdmartinez89@gmail.com
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreadnatty08 View Post
Any SNL fans? I seriously can't get enough of this skit, it's hilarious.
Hulu - Saturday Night Live: The Californians
And I'm assuming all you living in SouCal act exactly like this
Thankfully, I am a NorCal boy.
__________________
Introduce Yourself Here
Forum Rules & Guidelines - FAQ
Was someone helpful? Hit the Thanks! button. Do you like the contents of a post? Hit the Like button. If you see rude behavior, bickering or spam, Report! it to the Moderators.
My favorite getaway--->Galaxy Nexus Watering Hole
jmar is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old April 20th, 2012, 05:42 AM   #11505 (permalink)
AF Addict
 
AntimonyER's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Statesboro, GA
Posts: 13,546
 
Device(s): Droid DNA, Nexus 7 16GB
Carrier: Verizon

Thanks: 5,016
Thanked 9,309 Times in 4,999 Posts
Default

Morning all. Well I found out I'm pulling a weekend shift. Only the second one in over 6 years. Fun.
__________________
Site Rules & Guidelines
Got some help? Hit Thanks!
See something you like? Hit Like!
See something you hate? Hit Report!
AntimonyER is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old April 20th, 2012, 05:46 AM   #11506 (permalink)
Need Beer and Mustard
 
breadnatty08's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: District of Columbia
Posts: 17,775
 
Device(s): LG G2, Moto G, Galaxy S3, Galaxy Nexus LTE, Nexus 7, HTC Flyer
Carrier: Verizon

Thanks: 5,735
Thanked 5,422 Times in 3,575 Posts
Cry

T
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmartino5920 View Post
Thankfully, I am a NorCal boy.
I lived in Sonoma County for a little bit. East coast born and bred so I just think it's hilarious how it is out there. Not to say I don't love the Bay Area but it's just not for me.
breadnatty08 is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to breadnatty08 For This Useful Post:
jmar (April 20th, 2012)
Old April 20th, 2012, 06:23 AM   #11507 (permalink)
Premium Member
 
CaptainRon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Moab, Utah
Posts: 1,247
 
Device(s): S4, GNex (rooted & retired), Droid 2 (rooted & retired), OG Droid (rooted & retired)
Carrier: Verizon

Thanks: 1,467
Thanked 1,353 Times in 591 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreadnatty08 View Post
T

I lived in Sonoma County for a little bit. East coast born and bred so I just think it's hilarious how it is out there. Not to say I don't love the Bay Area but it's just not for me.
Sorry to hear that Antimony. For everyone else besides you, Geek, Steven and BabyBlues (myself included, for a change)...

TGIF!
CaptainRon is offline  
Last edited by CaptainRon; April 20th, 2012 at 06:43 AM.
Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to CaptainRon For This Useful Post:
AntimonyER (April 20th, 2012), BabyBlues (April 20th, 2012), jmar (April 20th, 2012)
Old April 20th, 2012, 06:47 AM   #11508 (permalink)
Premium Member
 
MSUgEEk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Northwestern Alabama
Posts: 3,684
 
Device(s): Galaxy Nexus
Carrier: Verizon

Thanks: 420
Thanked 1,622 Times in 956 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AntimonyER View Post
Morning all. Well I found out I'm pulling a weekend shift. Only the second one in over 6 years. Fun.
I feel your pain. I pull weekenders more than I care to, but still not bad. 10 times per year on average.
__________________
If someone has helped you, hit the THANKS button.
If you just like a post for some reason, click LIKE.
If you see a trouble-maker, hit REPORT!
MSUgEEk is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old April 20th, 2012, 07:01 AM   #11509 (permalink)
Premium Member
 
MSUgEEk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Northwestern Alabama
Posts: 3,684
 
Device(s): Galaxy Nexus
Carrier: Verizon

Thanks: 420
Thanked 1,622 Times in 956 Posts
Default

The folks at XDA are a bunch of narcissistic *****es.

So a medical irrigation tool/cleansing tool is filtered? lol
MSUgEEk is offline  
Last edited by MSUgEEk; April 20th, 2012 at 07:14 AM.
Reply With Quote
Old April 20th, 2012, 07:04 AM   #11510 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Copacetic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Coastal Carolina
Posts: 1,142
 
Device(s): LG G2, Nexus 10,Galaxy Nexus, Nexus 7 2012, Asus Transformer, Droid X
Carrier: Verizon

Thanks: 366
Thanked 501 Times in 349 Posts
Default

Good Morning Friends! Hope everyone is off to a great day. So I went to put my Nexus in my waterproof holder to go for a Kayak and guess what...it doesn't fit, lol. My X fit in it with room to spare, but our gnex simply does not. So, I am wondering if anyone else has found a waterproof pouch that fits our gal. I prefer one with a lanyard and that will float (for obvious reasons). Looking for something like this if any one has used one or has an opinion.
Amazon.com: Gomadic Clean-n-Dry Waterproof Protective Case for the Samsung Galaxy Nexus CDMA * unique floating design: Electronics
Copacetic is online now  
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old April 20th, 2012, 07:14 AM   #11511 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Copacetic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Coastal Carolina
Posts: 1,142
 
Device(s): LG G2, Nexus 10,Galaxy Nexus, Nexus 7 2012, Asus Transformer, Droid X
Carrier: Verizon

Thanks: 366
Thanked 501 Times in 349 Posts
Default

Woot has the headset I use on sale for $24.99 today. I had the sd-9 and now have the sd10. I really like these for wireless stereo, I use them a lot (they are not good if you are laying down) and they are pretty resistant to sweat. I think they sound pretty good and have a good range. They also work seamlessly with the phone and the sound cancelling is pretty good.
Woot® : One Day, One Deal?
Copacetic is online now  
Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Copacetic For This Useful Post:
MSUgEEk (April 20th, 2012), Roze (April 20th, 2012)
Old April 20th, 2012, 07:16 AM   #11512 (permalink)
AF Addict
 
AntimonyER's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Statesboro, GA
Posts: 13,546
 
Device(s): Droid DNA, Nexus 7 16GB
Carrier: Verizon

Thanks: 5,016
Thanked 9,309 Times in 4,999 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Copacetic View Post
Good Morning Friends! Hope everyone is off to a great day. So I went to put my Nexus in my waterproof holder to go for a Kayak and guess what...it doesn't fit, lol. My X fit in it with room to spare, but our gnex simply does not. So, I am wondering if anyone else has found a waterproof pouch that fits our gal. I prefer one with a lanyard and that will float (for obvious reasons). Looking for something like this if any one has used one or has an opinion.
Amazon.com: Gomadic Clean-n-Dry Waterproof Protective Case for the Samsung Galaxy Nexus CDMA * unique floating design: Electronics
I use one by ziploc
AntimonyER is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old April 20th, 2012, 07:17 AM   #11513 (permalink)
AF Addict
 
AntimonyER's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Statesboro, GA
Posts: 13,546
 
Device(s): Droid DNA, Nexus 7 16GB
Carrier: Verizon

Thanks: 5,016
Thanked 9,309 Times in 4,999 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by svt_gEEk View Post
I feel your pain. I pull weekenders more than I care to, but still not bad. 10 times per year on average.
Yeah, at least I will be paid OT (time, not time and a half).
AntimonyER is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old April 20th, 2012, 07:19 AM   #11514 (permalink)
Premium Member
 
MSUgEEk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Northwestern Alabama
Posts: 3,684
 
Device(s): Galaxy Nexus
Carrier: Verizon

Thanks: 420
Thanked 1,622 Times in 956 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AntimonyER View Post
Yeah, at least I will be paid OT (time, not time and a half).
Same here. I only get straight time for OT pay unless it's over 40 hours in a 2 week period or unless I'm working 7 days per week, the 7th day would be time and a half, but the 6th day is straight time.
MSUgEEk is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old April 20th, 2012, 07:22 AM   #11515 (permalink)
Premium Member
 
MSUgEEk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Northwestern Alabama
Posts: 3,684
 
Device(s): Galaxy Nexus
Carrier: Verizon

Thanks: 420
Thanked 1,622 Times in 956 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AntimonyER View Post
I use one by ziploc
We used to do the same. Put our phones in separate small ziploc bags and then put both of them into a gallon size bag with about half full of air so it would float
MSUgEEk is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old April 20th, 2012, 07:28 AM   #11516 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Copacetic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Coastal Carolina
Posts: 1,142
 
Device(s): LG G2, Nexus 10,Galaxy Nexus, Nexus 7 2012, Asus Transformer, Droid X
Carrier: Verizon

Thanks: 366
Thanked 501 Times in 349 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AntimonyER View Post
I use one by ziploc
LOL, I do that for on the beach but would not trust it for when i might get really wet. Also, need the lanyard so I can put it over my neck and under my life vest. But thanks for the tip
Copacetic is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old April 20th, 2012, 07:39 AM   #11517 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Copacetic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Coastal Carolina
Posts: 1,142
 
Device(s): LG G2, Nexus 10,Galaxy Nexus, Nexus 7 2012, Asus Transformer, Droid X
Carrier: Verizon

Thanks: 366
Thanked 501 Times in 349 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by svt_gEEk View Post
Same here. I only get straight time for OT pay unless it's over 40 hours in a 2 week period or unless I'm working 7 days per week, the 7th day would be time and a half, but the 6th day is straight time.
Being self employed my entire life, I never paid myself overtime and always worked 60+ hours a week. I was a rotten boss to myself: no OT, No paid sick days, No paid vacation, No matched 401k, No paid bene's...lol...I would have had it no other way, I don't think I could work for anyone.

However for those of you on someone else's clock, glad you do get overtime and that companies do still offer some bene's. Grateful for everyone that has a job in this economy! And for those of you still looking, keep the faith and keep trying. Think outside of the box and also think about what you can do to create your own job. While I kid above about being self-employed, I really would have had it no other way. You will work harder than you ever can imagine, but the plus' of being your own boss and the peace of mind to do what you know is right and not what is simply the policy or "how it's always been done" is priceless.
Copacetic is online now  
Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Copacetic For This Useful Post:
AntimonyER (April 20th, 2012), MSUgEEk (April 20th, 2012)
Old April 20th, 2012, 07:43 AM   #11518 (permalink)
Hiding behind a mystery
 
Roze's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Where the Sakura grows
Posts: 9,847
 
Device(s): Moto Atrix [lovin'] Nexus One [Lost] LG Vu [Lost]
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 809
Thanked 2,192 Times in 1,489 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreadnatty08 View Post
I am drooling over the rumour specs *drools* I need to save money if I want a new toy to play with~

Quote:
Originally Posted by AntimonyER View Post
Morning all. Well I found out I'm pulling a weekend shift. Only the second one in over 6 years. Fun.
I'm happy I'm a M-F & 9-5 kind of girl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Copacetic View Post
Woot has the headset I use on sale for $24.99 today. I had the sd-9 and now have the sd10. I really like these for wireless stereo, I use them a lot (they are not good if you are laying down) and they are pretty resistant to sweat. I think they sound pretty good and have a good range. They also work seamlessly with the phone and the sound cancelling is pretty good.
Woot® : One Day, One Deal?
Oh nice!!! How long does the battery last?
__________________
Sign up with Dropbox using my referral and get an additional 1/2GB on top of the 2GB you get for signing up http://db.tt/YbULMZX

Many thanks,
Roze
Roze is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old April 20th, 2012, 07:49 AM   #11519 (permalink)
Premium Member
 
MSUgEEk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Northwestern Alabama
Posts: 3,684
 
Device(s): Galaxy Nexus
Carrier: Verizon

Thanks: 420
Thanked 1,622 Times in 956 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roze View Post
I am drooling over the rumour specs *drools* I need to save money if I want a new toy to play with~
After seeing the poor support from Samsung on my Galaxy Tab 7 Plus, I'll never buy another Samsung device. (Not counting the Nexus in this, Nexus is a different animal)
MSUgEEk is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old April 20th, 2012, 08:05 AM   #11520 (permalink)
Some say...
 
Stigy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Gender: Male
Posts: 4,086
 
Device(s): Verizon LG G2 Retired: Galaxy Nexus, OG Droid, TMobile G1
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

Thanks: 1,687
Thanked 3,595 Times in 1,619 Posts
Default

Good morning everyone and happy Friday - TGIF! Thanks again for all the congrats, means a lot. Glad I am able to be part of such an awesome team.

That Galaxy S3 looks really awesome, but who knows what carrier it will end up on and even it is Verizon my contract isn't up for a while. I can't wait for the May 3rd event though to hear something official.

Ugh Woot is always my weakness. I have abought about 45 things from Woot over the years since I found it. So many deals for stuff I don't need and many countless nights in college trying to get those bags of crap from woot-offs.

Did some more iOS development last night - worked on some logic and some UI elements. The gear in the upper right corner is the default for iOS settings correct? Gathering some ideas and also trying to learn some iPad tutorials so I can do the split view thing instead of just sizing up for the tablet.

__________________
It's kind of fun to do the impossible. - Walt Disney

If someone's out in left field, the /!\ Report button is to the left of their post.
If someone gives you right-on advice or positively contributes, the Thanks button is to the right.
Stigy is offline  
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old April 20th, 2012, 08:06 AM   #11521 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Copacetic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Coastal Carolina
Posts: 1,142
 
Device(s): LG G2, Nexus 10,Galaxy Nexus, Nexus 7 2012, Asus Transformer, Droid X
Carrier: Verizon

Thanks: 366
Thanked 501 Times in 349 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roze View Post
I am drooling over the rumour specs *drools* I need to save money if I want a new toy to play with~


I'm happy I'm a M-F & 9-5 kind of girl


Oh nice!!! How long does the battery last?
Hi Roze! I probably get five or six hours streaming music etc. I wear it working out: biking, hiking, power walking, treadmill, elliptical,etc. I generally charge it every four or five workouts so that's how I get the time. Also, it charges with a micro usb so it's a breeze to charge anywhere.
Copacetic is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old April 20th, 2012, 08:12 AM   #11522 (permalink)
~Play Nice~
 
Unforgiven's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Douglas, MA
Gender: Male
Posts: 21,705
 
Device(s): Note II, S3, Moto X Developer Edition, Nexus 7 (2012 & 2013)
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 13,138
Thanked 14,250 Times in 7,817 Posts
Default

Happy Friday for those of us looking forward to a weekend off. My condolences to the rest.
__________________

Join the fun and make some friends, register for free here.
If someone helped, hit Thanks, if you see rude or abusive posts, spam, or threads that need staff attention, hit Report.
Site Rules / Android Forums FAQ
*** Do you want to talk guns? ***

Unforgiven is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old April 20th, 2012, 08:17 AM   #11523 (permalink)
AF Addict
 
AntimonyER's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Statesboro, GA
Posts: 13,546
 
Device(s): Droid DNA, Nexus 7 16GB
Carrier: Verizon

Thanks: 5,016
Thanked 9,309 Times in 4,999 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Copacetic View Post
Being self employed my entire life, I never paid myself overtime and always worked 60+ hours a week. I was a rotten boss to myself: no OT, No paid sick days, No paid vacation, No matched 401k, No paid bene's...lol...I would have had it no other way, I don't think I could work for anyone.

However for those of you on someone else's clock, glad you do get overtime and that companies do still offer some bene's. Grateful for everyone that has a job in this economy! And for those of you still looking, keep the faith and keep trying. Think outside of the box and also think about what you can do to create your own job. While I kid above about being self-employed, I really would have had it no other way. You will work harder than you ever can imagine, but the plus' of being your own boss and the peace of mind to do what you know is right and not what is simply the policy or "how it's always been done" is priceless.
I am very thankful I work for a company who treats their employees right. Excellent pay, and excellent benefits. I actually timed my start very well, as they discontinued the pension for new employees a year after I started, but bumped the 401k match to compensate. But I get both the pension and better 401k match.
AntimonyER is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old April 20th, 2012, 08:17 AM   #11524 (permalink)
Hiding behind a mystery
 
Roze's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Where the Sakura grows
Posts: 9,847
 
Device(s): Moto Atrix [lovin'] Nexus One [Lost] LG Vu [Lost]
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 809
Thanked 2,192 Times in 1,489 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Copacetic View Post
Hi Roze! I probably get five or six hours streaming music etc. I wear it working out: biking, hiking, power walking, treadmill, elliptical,etc. I generally charge it every four or five workouts so that's how I get the time. Also, it charges with a micro usb so it's a breeze to charge anywhere.
It says it has a mic, so I assume you can use it to make phone calls?
Roze is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old April 20th, 2012, 08:19 AM   #11525 (permalink)
Some say...
 
Stigy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Gender: Male
Posts: 4,086
 
Device(s): Verizon LG G2 Retired: Galaxy Nexus, OG Droid, TMobile G1
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

Thanks: 1,687
Thanked 3,595 Times in 1,619 Posts
Default

Also found this via Google Reader this morning - a lightweight & Holo-themed Facebook client. Giving it a shot, here's the link to XDA (which has a link to Google Play).

[APP] Fast Facebook Beta - xda-developers
Stigy is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old April 20th, 2012, 08:23 AM   #11526 (permalink)
Premium Member
 
MSUgEEk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Northwestern Alabama
Posts: 3,684
 
Device(s): Galaxy Nexus
Carrier: Verizon

Thanks: 420
Thanked 1,622 Times in 956 Posts
Default

Alabama bans beer over dirty name | Fox News
MSUgEEk is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old April 20th, 2012, 08:23 AM   #11527 (permalink)
Hiding behind a mystery
 
Roze's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Where the Sakura grows
Posts: 9,847
 
Device(s): Moto Atrix [lovin'] Nexus One [Lost] LG Vu [Lost]
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 809
Thanked 2,192 Times in 1,489 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stigy View Post
Ugh Woot is always my weakness. I have abought about 45 things from Woot over the years since I found it. So many deals for stuff I don't need and many countless nights in college trying to get those bags of crap from woot-offs.
Awwww Woot doesn't ship internationally *sigh*
Roze is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old April 20th, 2012, 08:42 AM   #11528 (permalink)
Premium Member
 
MSUgEEk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Northwestern Alabama
Posts: 3,684
 
Device(s): Galaxy Nexus
Carrier: Verizon

Thanks: 420
Thanked 1,622 Times in 956 Posts
Default

Went and had myself a massage yesterday and dozed off several times on the table, haha. I feel great today!
MSUgEEk is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old April 20th, 2012, 08:46 AM   #11529 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Copacetic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Coastal Carolina
Posts: 1,142
 
Device(s): LG G2, Nexus 10,Galaxy Nexus, Nexus 7 2012, Asus Transformer, Droid X
Carrier: Verizon

Thanks: 366
Thanked 501 Times in 349 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roze View Post
It says it has a mic, so I assume you can use it to make phone calls?
Yes, mutes music so you can take our make a call. Works with Google voice commands as well.
Copacetic is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old April 20th, 2012, 08:48 AM   #11530 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Copacetic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Coastal Carolina
Posts: 1,142
 
Device(s): LG G2, Nexus 10,Galaxy Nexus, Nexus 7 2012, Asus Transformer, Droid X
Carrier: Verizon

Thanks: 366
Thanked 501 Times in 349 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AntimonyER View Post
I am very thankful I work for a company who treats their employees right. Excellent pay, and excellent benefits. I actually timed my start very well, as they discontinued the pension for new employees a year after I started, but bumped the 401k match to compensate. But I get both the pension and better 401k match.
That's great Anti! I am glad for you and your family!
Copacetic is online now  
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old April 20th, 2012, 09:47 AM   #11531 (permalink)
Hiding behind a mystery
 
Roze's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Where the Sakura grows
Posts: 9,847
 
Device(s): Moto Atrix [lovin'] Nexus One [Lost] LG Vu [Lost]
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 809
Thanked 2,192 Times in 1,489 Posts
Default

So, I just finished handing my colleagues on my floor reusable bags in honour of Earth Day from our Spirit Committee
Roze is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Roze For This Useful Post:
Stigy (April 20th, 2012)
Old April 20th, 2012, 10:00 AM   #11532 (permalink)
Some say...
 
Stigy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Gender: Male
Posts: 4,086
 
Device(s): Verizon LG G2 Retired: Galaxy Nexus, OG Droid, TMobile G1
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

Thanks: 1,687
Thanked 3,595 Times in 1,619 Posts
Default

Looking for a design opinion for my iOS app. So I want to have a button that the user pushes which creates an Options Menu with the Reset Weekly Points & Reset Daily Points buttons.

If I placed this icon in the top left of the title bar (next to the title, opposite the settings gear) do you think people would figure out what it was for? Do you think I would need to tell them on first launch that was the Reset Points Button?

My other thought for an icon was this one, but this is labeled as the 'Action' button so not sure.

OR I could put a button in this style in the top left that reads 'Reset' but to me reset seems a bit over the top unless I am thinking too much into this.
Stigy is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old April 20th, 2012, 10:16 AM   #11533 (permalink)
Premium Member
 
MSUgEEk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Northwestern Alabama
Posts: 3,684
 
Device(s): Galaxy Nexus
Carrier: Verizon

Thanks: 420
Thanked 1,622 Times in 956 Posts
Default

I would think they could figure out that first option Stig
MSUgEEk is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old April 20th, 2012, 10:23 AM   #11534 (permalink)
AF Addict
 
AntimonyER's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Statesboro, GA
Posts: 13,546
 
Device(s): Droid DNA, Nexus 7 16GB
Carrier: Verizon

Thanks: 5,016
Thanked 9,309 Times in 4,999 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by svt_gEEk View Post
I would think they could figure out that first option Stig
I dunno, this IS iOS users we are talking about here

Is there no option to automatically reset the points, say at 12:00am each day, and 12:00am on Sunday for each week?
AntimonyER is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old April 20th, 2012, 10:24 AM   #11535 (permalink)
Premium Member
 
MSUgEEk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Northwestern Alabama
Posts: 3,684
 
Device(s): Galaxy Nexus
Carrier: Verizon

Thanks: 420
Thanked 1,622 Times in 956 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AntimonyER View Post
Is there no option to automatically reset the points, say at 12:00am each day, and 12:00am on Sunday for each week?
This ^
MSUgEEk is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old April 20th, 2012, 10:32 AM   #11536 (permalink)
Some say...
 
Stigy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Gender: Male
Posts: 4,086
 
Device(s): Verizon LG G2 Retired: Galaxy Nexus, OG Droid, TMobile G1
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

Thanks: 1,687
Thanked 3,595 Times in 1,619 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AntimonyER View Post
I dunno, this IS iOS users we are talking about here

Is there no option to automatically reset the points, say at 12:00am each day, and 12:00am on Sunday for each week?
I definitely could do that, BUT I give the user the option to reset without using their bonus points for the day if they feel they don't want to. Also some people start the week at different times and I've heard people say they want to see their points in the morning before they reset for the day so they know how they did.

I'd honestly it rather be user interaction so maybe I'll go with that first refresh button and find a way to do a notification that tells them that it is the reset button.
Stigy is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old April 20th, 2012, 10:37 AM   #11537 (permalink)
Premium Member
 
MSUgEEk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Northwestern Alabama
Posts: 3,684
 
Device(s): Galaxy Nexus
Carrier: Verizon

Thanks: 420
Thanked 1,622 Times in 956 Posts
Default

Yikes!

Two men and a dog survive 186 mph highway crash | Fox News

Edit: More pics below:
http://f10.m5post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=679088
MSUgEEk is offline  
Last edited by MSUgEEk; April 20th, 2012 at 10:41 AM.
Reply With Quote
Old April 20th, 2012, 10:41 AM   #11538 (permalink)
Premium Member
 
MSUgEEk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Northwestern Alabama
Posts: 3,684
 
Device(s): Galaxy Nexus
Carrier: Verizon

Thanks: 420
Thanked 1,622 Times in 956 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stigy View Post
I definitely could do that, BUT I give the user the option to reset without using their bonus points for the day if they feel they don't want to. Also some people start the week at different times and I've heard people say they want to see their points in the morning before they reset for the day so they know how they did.

I'd honestly it rather be user interaction so maybe I'll go with that first refresh button and find a way to do a notification that tells them that it is the reset button.
Could you keep up with weekly totals by day so they can view their history and implement the auto reset at midnights for the days and on Sundays for the weeks?
MSUgEEk is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old April 20th, 2012, 10:58 AM   #11539 (permalink)
Some say...
 
Stigy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Gender: Male
Posts: 4,086
 
Device(s): Verizon LG G2 Retired: Galaxy Nexus, OG Droid, TMobile G1
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

Thanks: 1,687
Thanked 3,595 Times in 1,619 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by svt_gEEk View Post
Could you keep up with weekly totals by day so they can view their history and implement the auto reset at midnights for the days and on Sundays for the weeks?
I guess I could look into it.

I think what I might do is use the refresh icon in V1.0 and then in a later version introduce automatic resetting based on an option-based time value.

Refresh icon it is - now I just need to figure out how to make an indicator that the refresh button is the Reset Points button for first launch.
Stigy is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old April 20th, 2012, 11:09 AM   #11540 (permalink)
Hiding behind a mystery
 
Roze's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Where the Sakura grows
Posts: 9,847
 
Device(s): Moto Atrix [lovin'] Nexus One [Lost] LG Vu [Lost]
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 809
Thanked 2,192 Times in 1,489 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stigy View Post
Do you think people would figure out what it was for? Do you think I would need to tell them on first launch that was the Reset Points Button?
I think you should do that. Just for people that don't read updates before downloading an app. It's save a lot of headache for them by pressing the button and their stat is erased!

I've overdose on white gummy bears I don't feel to well...too much sweets *sigh*
Roze is offline  
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old April 20th, 2012, 11:26 AM   #11541 (permalink)
AF Addict
 
AntimonyER's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Statesboro, GA
Posts: 13,546
 
Device(s): Droid DNA, Nexus 7 16GB
Carrier: Verizon

Thanks: 5,016
Thanked 9,309 Times in 4,999 Posts
Default

The dog is most surprising (I can't imagine it was buckled in). But definitely all very lucky, especially to have family to put out the fire...
AntimonyER is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old April 20th, 2012, 11:40 AM   #11542 (permalink)
Premium Member
 
MSUgEEk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Northwestern Alabama
Posts: 3,684
 
Device(s): Galaxy Nexus
Carrier: Verizon

Thanks: 420
Thanked 1,622 Times in 956 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AntimonyER View Post
The dog is most surprising (I can't imagine it was buckled in). But definitely all very lucky, especially to have family to put out the fire...
ShopBMWUSA.com: BMW Dog Safety Harness



Still surprising nonetheless. Had his sons not been following, he would've been trapped and burned more than likely. Pretty good testament to BMW safety. Above all though, the Good Lord spared them. Even the safest vehicle can't guarantee safety.
MSUgEEk is offline  
Last edited by MSUgEEk; April 20th, 2012 at 11:45 AM.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to MSUgEEk For This Useful Post:
AntimonyER (April 20th, 2012)
Old April 20th, 2012, 12:14 PM   #11543 (permalink)
Premium Member
 
MSUgEEk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Northwestern Alabama
Posts: 3,684
 
Device(s): Galaxy Nexus
Carrier: Verizon

Thanks: 420
Thanked 1,622 Times in 956 Posts
Default

Am I in the minority of guys or do you others in here get massages on a regular basis?
MSUgEEk is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old April 20th, 2012, 12:20 PM   #11544 (permalink)
Some say...
 
Stigy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Gender: Male
Posts: 4,086
 
Device(s): Verizon LG G2 Retired: Galaxy Nexus, OG Droid, TMobile G1
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

Thanks: 1,687
Thanked 3,595 Times in 1,619 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by svt_gEEk View Post
Am I in the minority of guys or do you others in here get massages on a regular basis?
Private messages you mean? Nah I don't really get a lot.
Stigy is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old April 20th, 2012, 12:21 PM   #11545 (permalink)
Premium Member
 
MSUgEEk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Northwestern Alabama
Posts: 3,684
 
Device(s): Galaxy Nexus
Carrier: Verizon

Thanks: 420
Thanked 1,622 Times in 956 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stigy View Post
Private messages you mean? Nah I don't really get a lot.
Yeah, massage therapy I guess is the more correct term.
MSUgEEk is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old April 20th, 2012, 12:25 PM   #11546 (permalink)
AF Addict
 
AntimonyER's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Statesboro, GA
Posts: 13,546
 
Device(s): Droid DNA, Nexus 7 16GB
Carrier: Verizon

Thanks: 5,016
Thanked 9,309 Times in 4,999 Posts
Default

Haha, Stigy and svt_gEEk were on two totally different wavelengths there.
AntimonyER is online now  
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to AntimonyER For This Useful Post:
dawnierae (April 20th, 2012)
Old April 20th, 2012, 12:27 PM   #11547 (permalink)
Premium Member
 
MSUgEEk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Northwestern Alabama
Posts: 3,684
 
Device(s): Galaxy Nexus
Carrier: Verizon

Thanks: 420
Thanked 1,622 Times in 956 Posts
Default

Haha, yeah, had to clear up what I meant there. Could really be misconstrued, lol
MSUgEEk is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old April 20th, 2012, 12:31 PM   #11548 (permalink)
Some say...
 
Stigy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Gender: Male
Posts: 4,086
 
Device(s): Verizon LG G2 Retired: Galaxy Nexus, OG Droid, TMobile G1
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

Thanks: 1,687
Thanked 3,595 Times in 1,619 Posts
Default

Totally read that as messages and not massages - ugh is it 5PM yet?

I've gotten a few and love them, but don't get them on the regular.
Stigy is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old April 20th, 2012, 12:33 PM   #11549 (permalink)
Premium Member
 
MSUgEEk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Northwestern Alabama
Posts: 3,684
 
Device(s): Galaxy Nexus
Carrier: Verizon

Thanks: 420
Thanked 1,622 Times in 956 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stigy View Post
Totally read that as messages and not massages - ugh is it 5PM yet?

I've gotten a few and love them, but don't get them on the regular.
LOL!! I read your messages as massages and thought you were talking about private massages...neither of us are functioning well right now, lol.
MSUgEEk is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old April 20th, 2012, 12:43 PM   #11550 (permalink)
Hiding behind a mystery
 
Roze's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Where the Sakura grows
Posts: 9,847
 
Device(s): Moto Atrix [lovin'] Nexus One [Lost] LG Vu [Lost]
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 809
Thanked 2,192 Times in 1,489 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by svt_geek View Post
lol!! I read your messages as massages and thought you were talking about private massages...neither of us are functioning well right now, lol.
rofl....and so we know it's a friday~
Roze is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply
Tags
lounge, nexus


Go Back   Android Forums > Android Community > The Lounge
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:19 AM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.