Go Back   Android Forums > Android Forums Community > The Lounge
The Lounge We're all friends here. Hang out, kick your feet up and talk about whatever the heck you want!

Like Tree8661Likes

test: Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old July 12th, 2012, 07:22 AM   #17151 (permalink)
Premium Member
 
MSUgEEk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Northwestern Alabama
Posts: 3,689
 
Device(s): Galaxy Nexus
Carrier: Verizon

Thanks: 420
Thanked 1,622 Times in 956 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by halon View Post
Can't see the video, but seeing "Summitt", "ESPN", and "Arthur Ashe" I assume this is talking about Pat Summitt. Amazing woman. What she has done for women's basketball is absolutely amazing. Extremely sad to see her suffer and be forced out of what she loves by health reasons. One of the greatest coaches, men's or women's, to ever step foot on a basketball court.

Advertisements
__________________
If someone has helped you, hit the THANKS button.
If you just like a post for some reason, click LIKE.
If you see a trouble-maker, hit REPORT!
MSUgEEk is offline  
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old July 12th, 2012, 07:29 AM   #17152 (permalink)
Premium Member
 
MSUgEEk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Northwestern Alabama
Posts: 3,689
 
Device(s): Galaxy Nexus
Carrier: Verizon

Thanks: 420
Thanked 1,622 Times in 956 Posts
Default

Oh the hilarity that is going on in that Nexus 7 Gamestop thread. 4 pages of "I called my Gamestop and they said be there to pick it up in the morning"..."I called my Gamestop and they said everything is good to go" ...."I called my Gamestop and they said it was on hold till further notice"...."For all we know the Nexus 7s from Google Play are already in the mail and on their way"...."I called my Gamestop and they too said I could pick up in the morning"....."I called your Gamestop and told them about the Google hold notice e-mail"

LOL
MSUgEEk is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old July 12th, 2012, 07:41 AM   #17153 (permalink)
Some say...
 
Stigy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Gender: Male
Posts: 4,100
 
Device(s): Verizon LG G2 Retired: Galaxy Nexus, OG Droid, TMobile G1
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

Thanks: 1,688
Thanked 3,604 Times in 1,624 Posts
Default

Good morning and Happy Thursday (happy Friday for me)!!

Anyone have thoughts on this design? Good/bad/suggestions? Not sure how I feel about the smaller text boxes for "Manual Entry" and "Points Allowed" (might change to Daily Points), but just looking for feedback. I just think it looks a bit plain, but I think with the tabs and a bit of formatting in the table, it may look good. Definitely like the redesign so far - just need to get the code behind it working and the tabbed layout.



Quote:
Originally Posted by svt_gEEk View Post
Oh the hilarity that is going on in that Nexus 7 Gamestop thread. 4 pages of "I called my Gamestop and they said be there to pick it up in the morning"..."I called my Gamestop and they said everything is good to go" ...."I called my Gamestop and they said it was on hold till further notice"...."For all we know the Nexus 7s from Google Play are already in the mail and on their way"...."I called my Gamestop and they too said I could pick up in the morning"....."I called your Gamestop and told them about the Google hold notice e-mail"

LOL
Guess we will find out if people are truly picking up N7s this morning at Gamestop or if they got the "hold the press" email telling them not to sell.
__________________
It's kind of fun to do the impossible. - Walt Disney

If someone's out in left field, the /!\ Report button is to the left of their post.
If someone gives you right-on advice or positively contributes, the Thanks button is to the right.
Stigy is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old July 12th, 2012, 07:50 AM   #17154 (permalink)
Trouble Just Finds Me!
Thread Author (OP)
 
BabyBlues's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Jersey - born & bred
Gender: Female
Posts: 13,125
 
Device(s): VZW Galaxy Nexus - rooted - Shiny ROM
Carrier: Verizon

Thanks: 10,842
Thanked 11,671 Times in 5,893 Posts
CowgirlKL25
Default

Morning everyone!

Stigy - I like that design. Looks clean and user friendly.
__________________
Did someone help you? Click
Rude or abusive posts, spam or threads that need staff attention, click
BabyBlues is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old July 12th, 2012, 08:11 AM   #17155 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Rocky Mount, NC
Posts: 672
 
Device(s): Motorola Razr Maxx, Asus Transformer
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 329
Thanked 444 Times in 208 Posts
Default

Good morning all, and happy Thursday. One day closer to Friday AND payday!

Been busy at work these past few days. Cooler weather is nice, but it's brought storms and the power blinked the other day. It really puts the IT department into a tail-spin when the power blinks for just a second. The critical systems are on UPS but of course the PCs will reboot. And so far, the outage claimed one label printer in the lab, one entire PC (killed it DEAD), and many locked-out user accounts.

I finally finished my FPV heli. There are a few things I need to adjust, such as the wiring for the receiver battery. I put a test hover on it the other day and on the 3rd flight, I noticed a loud noise so I immediately landed. Upon closer inspection, I found that I had mounted an internal component upside-down (the instructions were not clear on this and I found out on several heli-based forums I'm not the only one to do this) and the bearing popped out, resulting in metal-on-metal contact. That little mishap cost me a little over $100 in parts. They are probably fine but I'm paranoid - plus this is an expensive project - so I'd rather be safe than sorry.

Anyway, hope everyone has a great day! And I changed my password too... just in case.
Stigy, The_Chief and AntimonyER like this.
Lucky Armpit is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old July 12th, 2012, 08:40 AM   #17156 (permalink)
AF Addict
 
AntimonyER's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Statesboro, GA
Posts: 13,642
 
Device(s): Droid DNA, Nexus 7 16GB
Carrier: Verizon

Thanks: 5,041
Thanked 9,353 Times in 5,034 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky Armpit View Post
Good morning all, and happy Thursday. One day closer to Friday AND payday!

Been busy at work these past few days. Cooler weather is nice, but it's brought storms and the power blinked the other day. It really puts the IT department into a tail-spin when the power blinks for just a second. The critical systems are on UPS but of course the PCs will reboot. And so far, the outage claimed one label printer in the lab, one entire PC (killed it DEAD), and many locked-out user accounts.

I finally finished my FPV heli. There are a few things I need to adjust, such as the wiring for the receiver battery. I put a test hover on it the other day and on the 3rd flight, I noticed a loud noise so I immediately landed. Upon closer inspection, I found that I had mounted an internal component upside-down (the instructions were not clear on this and I found out on several heli-based forums I'm not the only one to do this) and the bearing popped out, resulting in metal-on-metal contact. That little mishap cost me a little over $100 in parts. They are probably fine but I'm paranoid - plus this is an expensive project - so I'd rather be safe than sorry.

Anyway, hope everyone has a great day! And I changed my password too... just in case.
Yeah, they finally put all our PCs on UPS here at work, so nice, when the power goes out, we don't lose everything we were working on.
__________________
Site Rules & Guidelines
Got some help? Hit Thanks!
See something you like? Hit Like!
See something you hate? Hit Report!
AntimonyER is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old July 12th, 2012, 08:42 AM   #17157 (permalink)
Premium Member
 
MSUgEEk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Northwestern Alabama
Posts: 3,689
 
Device(s): Galaxy Nexus
Carrier: Verizon

Thanks: 420
Thanked 1,622 Times in 956 Posts
Default

Stig, the re-design looks very nice. Very well put together. I really need to get to work on my next app. Kind of taken the summer off but that's going to make it harder getting back into it in the fall/winter. Easier for me to do the programming then because I don't have as much going on.
MSUgEEk is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old July 12th, 2012, 08:55 AM   #17158 (permalink)
hakuna matata
 
halon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Altoona, Pennsylvania
Posts: 3,979
 
Device(s): LG G2 Galaxy Nexus(retired) Nexus 7 2013
Carrier: Verizon

Thanks: 587
Thanked 1,357 Times in 821 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by svt_gEEk View Post
Can't see the video, but seeing "Summitt", "ESPN", and "Arthur Ashe" I assume this is talking about Pat Summitt. Amazing woman. What she has done for women's basketball is absolutely amazing. Extremely sad to see her suffer and be forced out of what she loves by health reasons. One of the greatest coaches, men's or women's, to ever step foot on a basketball court.
If you get a chance to watch it, it will be worth it.

In other news...

How Amazon’s Same-Day Delivery Plan Will Kill Your Local Stores

http://gizmodo.com/5925387/how-amazons-same+day-delivery-plan-will-kill-your-local-stores?utm_campaign=socialflow_gizmodo_facebook&ut m_source=gizmodo_facebook&utm_medium=socialflow
halon is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old July 12th, 2012, 09:09 AM   #17159 (permalink)
Some say...
 
Stigy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Gender: Male
Posts: 4,100
 
Device(s): Verizon LG G2 Retired: Galaxy Nexus, OG Droid, TMobile G1
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

Thanks: 1,688
Thanked 3,604 Times in 1,624 Posts
Default

FYI for those looking to make apps - you can use this tool for your layouts - pretty neat site that allows for drag and drop you you get an idea of what it will look like: https://www.fluidui.com/

Thanks svt!
Stigy is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Stigy For This Useful Post:
MSUgEEk (July 12th, 2012)
Old July 12th, 2012, 09:17 AM   #17160 (permalink)
Accept no imitations!
 
The_Chief's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Manchester, TN
Gender: Male
Posts: 9,284
 
Device(s): Note 3 (rooted & ROMmed), Galaxy Nexus (retired), OG Droid (retired)
Carrier: Verizon

Thanks: 2,602
Thanked 7,106 Times in 3,377 Posts
Default

Same Day delivery? Destroying local retail? Doubt it.

They already charge $30 for Express 2 day shipping. I can't imagine how much same day shipping would cost. Certainly more than a trip to the store... even factoring in the retail markup.

But if anyone can pull it off, Amazon can.
__________________



If I have helped you at all, please click the "Thanks" button
Forum Rules & Guidelines
The_Chief is online now  
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old July 12th, 2012, 09:23 AM   #17161 (permalink)
Premium Member
 
MSUgEEk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Northwestern Alabama
Posts: 3,689
 
Device(s): Galaxy Nexus
Carrier: Verizon

Thanks: 420
Thanked 1,622 Times in 956 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Chief View Post
Same Day delivery? Destroying local retail? Doubt it.

They already charge $30 for Express 2 day shipping. I can't imagine how much same day shipping would cost. Certainly more than a trip to the store... even factoring in the retail markup.

But if anyone can pull it off, Amazon can.
With Amazon Prime, 2 day shipping on elligible Prime items is free and next day is $3.99

Side note on the discussions of the Nexus 7 Gamestop saga. Already people reporting they went to Gamestop this morning and the price in the system had changed to $99,999.99 with a removal of the release date and no other information, lol. System blocked one guy's pre-order info to keep them from figuring out how much he owed from putting a deposit on his pre-order.
MSUgEEk is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old July 12th, 2012, 09:42 AM   #17162 (permalink)
Some say...
 
Stigy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Gender: Male
Posts: 4,100
 
Device(s): Verizon LG G2 Retired: Galaxy Nexus, OG Droid, TMobile G1
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

Thanks: 1,688
Thanked 3,604 Times in 1,624 Posts
Default

Wow that's crazy - Gamestop got them good!

Last screenshot for now (haha, woops) but definitely loving the splash of color the tabs bring. Much less boring! Yeah, ignore the onscreen buttons on a Nexus S - the frame generator forces a 480x800 screenshot into that device.

Stigy is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old July 12th, 2012, 09:45 AM   #17163 (permalink)
Premium Member
 
MSUgEEk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Northwestern Alabama
Posts: 3,689
 
Device(s): Galaxy Nexus
Carrier: Verizon

Thanks: 420
Thanked 1,622 Times in 956 Posts
Default

Very nice Stig! Love the tabs.
MSUgEEk is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old July 12th, 2012, 09:48 AM   #17164 (permalink)
Premium Member
 
MSUgEEk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Northwestern Alabama
Posts: 3,689
 
Device(s): Galaxy Nexus
Carrier: Verizon

Thanks: 420
Thanked 1,622 Times in 956 Posts
Default

I tell ya, we go from one extreme to the other here in the south. 30+ days of no rain and then all of a sudden we've had about 2 solid days of rain and have a 50% or greater chance of rain the forecast for 7 of the next 10 days. Go from desert type drought with 100+ degree temps to Pacific Northwest type weather of constant rain and highs in the 70's and 80's.
MSUgEEk is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old July 12th, 2012, 09:51 AM   #17165 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Rocky Mount, NC
Posts: 672
 
Device(s): Motorola Razr Maxx, Asus Transformer
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 329
Thanked 444 Times in 208 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by halon View Post
If you get a chance to watch it, it will be worth it.

In other news...

How Amazon’s Same-Day Delivery Plan Will Kill Your Local Stores

How Amazon
I love me some Amazon.com. Prime membership is money well-spent.
Lucky Armpit is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old July 12th, 2012, 09:56 AM   #17166 (permalink)
~Play Nice~
 
Unforgiven's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Douglas, MA
Gender: Male
Posts: 24,943
 
Device(s): Moto X Developer Edition, Nexus 7 (2012 & 2013), Note II, S3
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 15,578
Thanked 16,919 Times in 9,308 Posts
Default

I immediately thought of you folks when I saw this. This will make flashing roms far quicker.

App2Zip Brings Unique Application Backing Up Experience – xda-developers
__________________

Join the fun and make some friends, register for free here.
If someone helped, hit Thanks, if you see rude or abusive posts, spam, or threads that need staff attention, hit Report.
Site Rules / Android Forums FAQ
*** Do you want to talk guns? ***

Unforgiven is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old July 12th, 2012, 10:26 AM   #17167 (permalink)
Premium Member
 
MSUgEEk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Northwestern Alabama
Posts: 3,689
 
Device(s): Galaxy Nexus
Carrier: Verizon

Thanks: 420
Thanked 1,622 Times in 956 Posts
Default

The wife is pretty stoked about our upcoming trip. We found out they are doing the National Dance Day celebration and Dizzy Feet Foundation Gala via So You Think You Can Dance on one of the days we will be in LA. So we got tickets to the Gala, which will be an event of the likes we may never get to go to again. We also found out they are offering free dance classes of different types the day of the event and some will even be put on by some of the big names in the dance community...think Mary Murphy is even doing a ballroom class. Not really necessarily exciting to me, but my wife loves that type of stuff and is a SYTYCD addict.

We also decided to see Cirque instead of the musical and we're both pretty excited about that.
MSUgEEk is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old July 12th, 2012, 10:41 AM   #17168 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 404
 
Device(s): Galaxy Nexus LTE, HP Touchpad, Nook Color, Droid Incredible
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 345
Thanked 84 Times in 61 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unforgiven View Post
I immediately thought of you folks when I saw this. This will make flashing roms far quicker.

App2Zip Brings Unique Application Backing Up Experience – xda-developers
That looks really interesting. If it worked well I would do it for sure.
__________________
Dropbox Referral Code: http://db.tt/rGuITqe
Phone: Galaxy Nexus LTE
ROM: AOKP
Kernel: LeanKernel
S-Off
AndroiDad75 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old July 12th, 2012, 10:43 AM   #17169 (permalink)
~Play Nice~
 
Unforgiven's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Douglas, MA
Gender: Male
Posts: 24,943
 
Device(s): Moto X Developer Edition, Nexus 7 (2012 & 2013), Note II, S3
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 15,578
Thanked 16,919 Times in 9,308 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndroiDad75 View Post
That looks really interesting. If it worked well I would do it for sure.
Especially if it did data as well.
Unforgiven is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old July 12th, 2012, 10:44 AM   #17170 (permalink)
Some say...
 
Stigy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Gender: Male
Posts: 4,100
 
Device(s): Verizon LG G2 Retired: Galaxy Nexus, OG Droid, TMobile G1
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

Thanks: 1,688
Thanked 3,604 Times in 1,624 Posts
Default

I've seen Cirque in Vegas and Orlando - both were amazing.
Stigy is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Stigy For This Useful Post:
MSUgEEk (July 12th, 2012)
sponsored links
Old July 12th, 2012, 11:27 AM   #17171 (permalink)
hakuna matata
 
halon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Altoona, Pennsylvania
Posts: 3,979
 
Device(s): LG G2 Galaxy Nexus(retired) Nexus 7 2013
Carrier: Verizon

Thanks: 587
Thanked 1,357 Times in 821 Posts
Default

If find it unusual that there in no info about a new Nexus phone. The last time was around April and it was about the possibility of 3(or more) companies making them.
halon is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old July 12th, 2012, 11:38 AM   #17172 (permalink)
Trouble Just Finds Me!
Thread Author (OP)
 
BabyBlues's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Jersey - born & bred
Gender: Female
Posts: 13,125
 
Device(s): VZW Galaxy Nexus - rooted - Shiny ROM
Carrier: Verizon

Thanks: 10,842
Thanked 11,671 Times in 5,893 Posts
CowgirlKL25
Default

Maybe with the Nexus 7 they are not pushing out another Nexus quite as quickly. Just a thought
BabyBlues is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old July 12th, 2012, 11:39 AM   #17173 (permalink)
AF Addict
 
AntimonyER's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Statesboro, GA
Posts: 13,642
 
Device(s): Droid DNA, Nexus 7 16GB
Carrier: Verizon

Thanks: 5,041
Thanked 9,353 Times in 5,034 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by svt_gEEk View Post
I tell ya, we go from one extreme to the other here in the south. 30+ days of no rain and then all of a sudden we've had about 2 solid days of rain and have a 50% or greater chance of rain the forecast for 7 of the next 10 days. Go from desert type drought with 100+ degree temps to Pacific Northwest type weather of constant rain and highs in the 70's and 80's.
Same here! Its pouring here as we speak.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky Armpit View Post
I love me some Amazon.com. Prime membership is money well-spent.
Ditto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stigy View Post
I've seen Cirque in Vegas and Orlando - both were amazing.
I saw the Orlando one, was awesome.
AntimonyER is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old July 12th, 2012, 11:42 AM   #17174 (permalink)
Premium Member
 
MSUgEEk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Northwestern Alabama
Posts: 3,689
 
Device(s): Galaxy Nexus
Carrier: Verizon

Thanks: 420
Thanked 1,622 Times in 956 Posts
Default

I'll be surprised if there is a Nexus phone this year. Jelly Bean is out, Nexus tablet just launched, Galaxy Nexus is still a relatively new and top of the line device. I wouldn't anticipate a Nexus phone this year. Could be wrong though.
MSUgEEk is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old July 12th, 2012, 11:46 AM   #17175 (permalink)
~Play Nice~
 
Unforgiven's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Douglas, MA
Gender: Male
Posts: 24,943
 
Device(s): Moto X Developer Edition, Nexus 7 (2012 & 2013), Note II, S3
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 15,578
Thanked 16,919 Times in 9,308 Posts
Default

I think that releasing two new Nexus devices (7 & Q) is probably it for the year.
Unforgiven is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old July 12th, 2012, 11:49 AM   #17176 (permalink)
hakuna matata
 
halon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Altoona, Pennsylvania
Posts: 3,979
 
Device(s): LG G2 Galaxy Nexus(retired) Nexus 7 2013
Carrier: Verizon

Thanks: 587
Thanked 1,357 Times in 821 Posts
Default

Pee-wee Herman voice over of the new Batman. Hilarious!

Jimmy Fallon: 'The Dark Knight Rises' Trailer with Pee-wee Herman Voices - YouTube
halon is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old July 12th, 2012, 11:49 AM   #17177 (permalink)
Premium Member
 
MSUgEEk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Northwestern Alabama
Posts: 3,689
 
Device(s): Galaxy Nexus
Carrier: Verizon

Thanks: 420
Thanked 1,622 Times in 956 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AntimonyER View Post
Same here! Its pouring here as we speak.
Awesome! You won't hear me complaining about the rain for a while That period of drought was brutal. Just a nice steady rain here for now. Was fairly heavy earlier today and parts of the day yesterday.
MSUgEEk is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old July 12th, 2012, 11:51 AM   #17178 (permalink)
~Play Nice~
 
Unforgiven's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Douglas, MA
Gender: Male
Posts: 24,943
 
Device(s): Moto X Developer Edition, Nexus 7 (2012 & 2013), Note II, S3
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 15,578
Thanked 16,919 Times in 9,308 Posts
Default

Haven't seen rain in Mass in weeks. Gave up on watering my little veggie garden.
Unforgiven is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old July 12th, 2012, 12:04 PM   #17179 (permalink)
Premium Member
 
MSUgEEk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Northwestern Alabama
Posts: 3,689
 
Device(s): Galaxy Nexus
Carrier: Verizon

Thanks: 420
Thanked 1,622 Times in 956 Posts
Default

My tomatos died weeks ago
MSUgEEk is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old July 12th, 2012, 12:07 PM   #17180 (permalink)
~Play Nice~
 
Unforgiven's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Douglas, MA
Gender: Male
Posts: 24,943
 
Device(s): Moto X Developer Edition, Nexus 7 (2012 & 2013), Note II, S3
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 15,578
Thanked 16,919 Times in 9,308 Posts
Default

For all you tapatalk fans, version 2.2 has been released in the Play Market (secondary markets will get it shortly). I have been using the beta for a bit and the best improvement is that lists are formatted instead of just bunched together. It makes many posts far easier to read.
Unforgiven is offline  
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old July 12th, 2012, 12:26 PM   #17181 (permalink)
Trouble Just Finds Me!
Thread Author (OP)
 
BabyBlues's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Jersey - born & bred
Gender: Female
Posts: 13,125
 
Device(s): VZW Galaxy Nexus - rooted - Shiny ROM
Carrier: Verizon

Thanks: 10,842
Thanked 11,671 Times in 5,893 Posts
CowgirlKL25
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unforgiven View Post
For all you tapatalk fans, version 2.2 has been released in the Play Market (secondary markets will get it shortly). I have been using the beta for a bit and the best improvement is that lists are formatted instead of just bunched together. It makes many posts far easier to read.
Headed there now ....thanks for the update
BabyBlues is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old July 12th, 2012, 12:28 PM   #17182 (permalink)
~Play Nice~
 
Unforgiven's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Douglas, MA
Gender: Male
Posts: 24,943
 
Device(s): Moto X Developer Edition, Nexus 7 (2012 & 2013), Note II, S3
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 15,578
Thanked 16,919 Times in 9,308 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BabyBlues View Post
Headed there now ....thanks for the update
Here is the changelog from their forum. Note, they already updated the ICS 4.1 error.
Quote:
version 2.2:
- Major image loading improvement
- New image gallery
- Background attachment download
- Less crashes
- Improved ICS 4.1 support
Unforgiven is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old July 12th, 2012, 12:38 PM   #17183 (permalink)
Trouble Just Finds Me!
Thread Author (OP)
 
BabyBlues's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Jersey - born & bred
Gender: Female
Posts: 13,125
 
Device(s): VZW Galaxy Nexus - rooted - Shiny ROM
Carrier: Verizon

Thanks: 10,842
Thanked 11,671 Times in 5,893 Posts
CowgirlKL25
Default

Well that took all of a minute to do. Back to waiting to board the plane.....I do love people watching
BabyBlues is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old July 12th, 2012, 12:51 PM   #17184 (permalink)
AF Addict
 
AntimonyER's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Statesboro, GA
Posts: 13,642
 
Device(s): Droid DNA, Nexus 7 16GB
Carrier: Verizon

Thanks: 5,041
Thanked 9,353 Times in 5,034 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by svt_gEEk View Post
Awesome! You won't hear me complaining about the rain for a while That period of drought was brutal. Just a nice steady rain here for now. Was fairly heavy earlier today and parts of the day yesterday.
Yeah yesterday I was mad for a little while, with all the storms just barely missing us last 10 days or so... I got home last night, and the entrance to the neighborhood was standing water, but less than a quarter of a mile away, at my house, everything was bone dry still. ANd looked like it was clearing up. But then out of nowhere another storm developed right on top of us, and we got a good .25".
MSUgEEk likes this.
AntimonyER is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old July 12th, 2012, 01:15 PM   #17185 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
ajdroidx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Colorado
Gender: Male
Posts: 2,766
 
Device(s): Nexus 5, Galaxy note II (back up)
Carrier: AT&T

Thanks: 691
Thanked 1,077 Times in 628 Posts
Default

I think verizon has got me over a barrel.

I canceled all but one line, so all I have now is the Nexus. I have been thinking about the GS3 and was thinking about getting a new line. But, guess what? The share everything plan. I suspect they will force me into a tiered data plan if I got a new line. Otherwise, blow the 700 bucks on the device and swap out the sim card in my Nexus and just use the nexus to hack.

But then the "Developer" S3 is due out "soon" and what if I get that, it has the reception issue (could be either the radio, the CDMA tower and or my area). If I do have the same issues like the nexus has, then once again I am stuck with a halfway functional device. No crack flashing at work. Can't do it now due to the inconsistent radio signal. My buddy who has a rezound can download and flash at work over 4g. I am scared to do this as I probably will not get the download, or it will corrupt.

Guess if I want another line and keep my unlimited data, I need to go to AT&T or something. Two carriers. Great.

I want to keep one line, I need to cough up 700 bones for the locked S3 right now and check it out for a week to see if I am going to have the reception issues my Nexus has. If so, at least I can return it. (I hate returning stuff!)

Or wait until the developer edition rolls out, buy directly from samsung and be potentially stuck with what I would call a "Nexus 2" I suppose I could sell it but thats a PITA.
__________________

Most people run from storms, I run to them (back by popular request )
Flickr Gallery
ajdroidx is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old July 12th, 2012, 01:27 PM   #17186 (permalink)
Premium Member
 
ryancmatchett's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Austin, TX
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,119
 
Device(s): VZW Note 3 Retired: LTE Galaxy Nexus, OG Droid and BB Perl
Carrier: VZW

Thanks: 2,203
Thanked 709 Times in 459 Posts
ryancmatchett@gmail.com
Default

For the developer S3 on VZW...it will be an LTE only device tho right? I am walking I to a situation on what phone for my other half to upgrade from the Dinc to....And we may lose unlimited because she still has a 3g device.....wondering about that developer, maybe give her the nexus....who knows. We really do not want to switch carriers...
__________________
Site Rules & Guidlines // Android Forums FAQ
If someone helped, hit Thanks! If you see Spam or need staff Guidance, hit Report!
ryancmatchett is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old July 12th, 2012, 01:32 PM   #17187 (permalink)
AF Addict
 
AntimonyER's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Statesboro, GA
Posts: 13,642
 
Device(s): Droid DNA, Nexus 7 16GB
Carrier: Verizon

Thanks: 5,041
Thanked 9,353 Times in 5,034 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajdroidx View Post
I think verizon has got me over a barrel.

I canceled all but one line, so all I have now is the Nexus. I have been thinking about the GS3 and was thinking about getting a new line. But, guess what? The share everything plan. I suspect they will force me into a tiered data plan if I got a new line. Otherwise, blow the 700 bucks on the device and swap out the sim card in my Nexus and just use the nexus to hack.

But then the "Developer" S3 is due out "soon" and what if I get that, it has the reception issue (could be either the radio, the CDMA tower and or my area). If I do have the same issues like the nexus has, then once again I am stuck with a halfway functional device. No crack flashing at work. Can't do it now due to the inconsistent radio signal. My buddy who has a rezound can download and flash at work over 4g. I am scared to do this as I probably will not get the download, or it will corrupt.

Guess if I want another line and keep my unlimited data, I need to go to AT&T or something. Two carriers. Great.

I want to keep one line, I need to cough up 700 bones for the locked S3 right now and check it out for a week to see if I am going to have the reception issues my Nexus has. If so, at least I can return it. (I hate returning stuff!)

Or wait until the developer edition rolls out, buy directly from samsung and be potentially stuck with what I would call a "Nexus 2" I suppose I could sell it but thats a PITA.
You can add a line and not go with the share everything plan, they are letting existing customers choose either type.
AntimonyER is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to AntimonyER For This Useful Post:
ajdroidx (July 12th, 2012)
Old July 12th, 2012, 01:48 PM   #17188 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
dawnierae's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: VA
Posts: 1,259
 
Device(s): Galaxy S3; Galaxy Nexus ; Droid X ; Droid Incredible; Galaxy Tab 10.1
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 1,580
Thanked 1,183 Times in 562 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky Armpit View Post
I love me some Amazon.com. Prime membership is money well-spent.
QFT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stigy View Post
I've seen Cirque in Vegas and Orlando - both were amazing.
I want to see a Cirque show SO BAD...never seen one. They have a Cirque dinner on the cruise we're going on in January, so I'm determined to go to that.
__________________
I don't suffer from insanity. I rather enjoy it.
dawnierae is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old July 12th, 2012, 06:16 PM   #17189 (permalink)
~Play Nice~
 
Unforgiven's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Douglas, MA
Gender: Male
Posts: 24,943
 
Device(s): Moto X Developer Edition, Nexus 7 (2012 & 2013), Note II, S3
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 15,578
Thanked 16,919 Times in 9,308 Posts
Default

4 1/2 hours since the last post, really.
Unforgiven is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old July 12th, 2012, 06:24 PM   #17190 (permalink)
Trouble Just Finds Me!
Thread Author (OP)
 
BabyBlues's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Jersey - born & bred
Gender: Female
Posts: 13,125
 
Device(s): VZW Galaxy Nexus - rooted - Shiny ROM
Carrier: Verizon

Thanks: 10,842
Thanked 11,671 Times in 5,893 Posts
CowgirlKL25
Default

Where is everyone? I've been traveling and people watching at the Atlanta airport.
BabyBlues is offline  
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old July 12th, 2012, 06:26 PM   #17191 (permalink)
~Play Nice~
 
Unforgiven's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Douglas, MA
Gender: Male
Posts: 24,943
 
Device(s): Moto X Developer Edition, Nexus 7 (2012 & 2013), Note II, S3
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 15,578
Thanked 16,919 Times in 9,308 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BabyBlues View Post
Where is everyone? I've been traveling and people watching at the Atlanta airport.
I'm around BB, you off to a weekend of debauchery and shenanigans with you know who?
Unforgiven is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old July 12th, 2012, 06:30 PM   #17192 (permalink)
Nexican
 
jmar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: San Jose, CA
Gender: Male
Posts: 4,851
 
Device(s): hammerhead, falcon, dream (Retired: grouper, mako, toro, daytona, vivow, inc, aloha, encore)
Carrier: T-Mobile & VZW

Thanks: 7,620
Thanked 3,216 Times in 1,890 Posts
jdmartinez89@gmail.com
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BabyBlues View Post
Where is everyone? I've been traveling and people watching at the Atlanta airport.
Sorry BB. I am around. Most F5ing my Wallet page in anticipation of my Nexus 7 shipment. Merged a couple posts in that section while destroying the virtual F5 key on my Nexus Prime!

How have you been lady?

And have you tried Spam yet?

jmar
__________________
Introduce Yourself Here
Forum Rules & Guidelines - FAQ
Was someone helpful? Hit the Thanks! button. Do you like the contents of a post? Hit the Like button. If you see rude behavior, bickering or spam, Report! it to the Moderators.
My favorite getaway--->Galaxy Nexus Watering Hole
jmar is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old July 12th, 2012, 06:30 PM   #17193 (permalink)
Premium Member
 
ryancmatchett's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Austin, TX
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,119
 
Device(s): VZW Note 3 Retired: LTE Galaxy Nexus, OG Droid and BB Perl
Carrier: VZW

Thanks: 2,203
Thanked 709 Times in 459 Posts
ryancmatchett@gmail.com
Default

Working...I have been working. Wish I was not, but a busy day. Broke up in the middle of the day by another round of tooth fillings...Woo Hoo!!! Anyways...better now, and then off to go to dinner with friends for someones birthday....going to drive, in traffic, for 2 hours just to get there but they are worth it. Going to be a nice evening!!

Finally picked up our red wine for the wedding last night. Had to order the white, but it will be here soon. Decided on Main and Geary for the label, a Pinot grigio and a petite syrah. Good stuff!!
ryancmatchett is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old July 12th, 2012, 06:46 PM   #17194 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Copacetic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Coastal Carolina
Posts: 1,144
 
Device(s): LG G2, Nexus 10,Galaxy Nexus, Nexus 7 2012, Asus Transformer, Droid X
Carrier: Verizon

Thanks: 366
Thanked 501 Times in 349 Posts
Default

I am here too, busy, busy. Have fun BB wherever you are going. I still have not flashed JB, we are having trouble with our cell phones and our verizon network extender, (no cell signal where I am in the mountains) so I don't want to flash until I know I can get a real signal to get back on the network. Our company left yesterday so things are getting back to normal. One car down with no front brakes, had to drive it 30 miles on a mountain road to a mechanic (no tools here too do it ourselves) using the gears to slow it down and the parking brake to stop. Second car goes into the body shop Tuesday to get a nose job after our altercation with the deer. Picking up lumber tomorrow to start a build on new cabinets for a pantry in the cabin. And, it's been raining steady for three days now, love the temperature but we have been in a cloud and I can't wait to see the sun again. Life is good, just busy. Have a great evening all!
Copacetic is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old July 12th, 2012, 06:55 PM   #17195 (permalink)
Nexican
 
jmar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: San Jose, CA
Gender: Male
Posts: 4,851
 
Device(s): hammerhead, falcon, dream (Retired: grouper, mako, toro, daytona, vivow, inc, aloha, encore)
Carrier: T-Mobile & VZW

Thanks: 7,620
Thanked 3,216 Times in 1,890 Posts
jdmartinez89@gmail.com
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Copacetic View Post
I am here too, busy, busy. Have fun BB wherever you are going. I still have not flashed JB, we are having trouble with our cell phones and our verizon network extender, (no cell signal where I am in the mountains) so I don't want to flash until I know I can get a real signal to get back on the network. Our company left yesterday so things are getting back to normal. One car down with no front brakes, had to drive it 30 miles on a mountain road to a mechanic (no tools here too do it ourselves) using the gears to slow it down and the parking brake to stop. Second car goes into the body shop Tuesday to get a nose job after our altercation with the deer. Picking up lumber tomorrow to start a build on new cabinets for a pantry in the cabin. And, it's been raining steady for three days now, love the temperature but we have been in a cloud and I can't wait to see the sun again. Life is good, just busy. Have a great evening all!
Wow, sorry to hear of you troubles. For what it's worth, I am still on ICS!

jmar
jmar is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old July 12th, 2012, 07:04 PM   #17196 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Copacetic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Coastal Carolina
Posts: 1,144
 
Device(s): LG G2, Nexus 10,Galaxy Nexus, Nexus 7 2012, Asus Transformer, Droid X
Carrier: Verizon

Thanks: 366
Thanked 501 Times in 349 Posts
Default

Thanks Jmar, it really is all good, just part of life!
Copacetic is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old July 12th, 2012, 07:11 PM   #17197 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 81
 
Device(s): Droid X Galaxy Nexus Nexus 7?
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 2
Thanked 15 Times in 13 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BabyBlues View Post
Where is everyone? I've been traveling and people watching at the Atlanta airport.
Vegas
samwapp is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old July 12th, 2012, 07:14 PM   #17198 (permalink)
Trouble Just Finds Me!
Thread Author (OP)
 
BabyBlues's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Jersey - born & bred
Gender: Female
Posts: 13,125
 
Device(s): VZW Galaxy Nexus - rooted - Shiny ROM
Carrier: Verizon

Thanks: 10,842
Thanked 11,671 Times in 5,893 Posts
CowgirlKL25
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unforgiven View Post
I'm around BB, you off to a weekend of debauchery and shenanigans with you know who?
Yes I am! Just please keep your fingers crossed that the rain in Atlanta doesn't delay my flight.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmartino5920 View Post
Sorry BB. I am around. Most F5ing my Wallet page in anticipation of my Nexus 7 shipment. Merged a couple posts in that section while destroying the virtual F5 key on my Nexus Prime!

How have you been lady?

And have you tried Spam yet?

jmar
I've been really good. And sorry to report that I have not yet tried spam.




Quote:
Originally Posted by ryancmatchett View Post
Working...I have been working. Wish I was not, but a busy day. Broke up in the middle of the day by another round of tooth fillings...Woo Hoo!!! Anyways...better now, and then off to go to dinner with friends for someones birthday....going to drive, in traffic, for 2 hours just to get there but they are worth it. Going to be a nice evening!!

Finally picked up our red wine for the wedding last night. Had to order the white, but it will be here soon. Decided on Main and Geary for the label, a Pinot grigio and a petite syrah. Good stuff!!
Yay for the wine selections. Sorry for the dental work. I love my dentist but can't stand anything other than a cleaning.
BabyBlues is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to BabyBlues For This Useful Post:
jmar (July 12th, 2012), ryancmatchett (July 13th, 2012), Unforgiven (July 12th, 2012)
Old July 12th, 2012, 07:17 PM   #17199 (permalink)
Trouble Just Finds Me!
Thread Author (OP)
 
BabyBlues's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Jersey - born & bred
Gender: Female
Posts: 13,125
 
Device(s): VZW Galaxy Nexus - rooted - Shiny ROM
Carrier: Verizon

Thanks: 10,842
Thanked 11,671 Times in 5,893 Posts
CowgirlKL25
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Copacetic View Post
I am here too, busy, busy. Have fun BB wherever you are going. I still have not flashed JB, we are having trouble with our cell phones and our verizon network extender, (no cell signal where I am in the mountains) so I don't want to flash until I know I can get a real signal to get back on the network. Our company left yesterday so things are getting back to normal. One car down with no front brakes, had to drive it 30 miles on a mountain road to a mechanic (no tools here too do it ourselves) using the gears to slow it down and the parking brake to stop. Second car goes into the body shop Tuesday to get a nose job after our altercation with the deer. Picking up lumber tomorrow to start a build on new cabinets for a pantry in the cabin. And, it's been raining steady for three days now, love the temperature but we have been in a cloud and I can't wait to see the sun again. Life is good, just busy. Have a great evening all!
Wow. Sounds like a lot of stuff.
And I'm off to Kansas to visit DarthSilentBob.


Quote:
Originally Posted by samwapp View Post
Vegas
Love that place for the people watching. I'm not a gambler but would go in a heartbeat
BabyBlues is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old July 12th, 2012, 07:37 PM   #17200 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 81
 
Device(s): Droid X Galaxy Nexus Nexus 7?
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 2
Thanked 15 Times in 13 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BabyBlues View Post
Love that place for the people watching. I'm not a gambler but would go in a heartbeat
The people here are quite...interesting. All types of people are here. And I'm not a gambler either, I just here for fun! Watching people at the slot machines is both pathetic and depressing. They look like robots with nothing to live for.
samwapp is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply
Tags
lounge, nexus


Go Back   Android Forums > Android Forums Community > The Lounge
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:46 PM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.