Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > LG Lucid > Lucid - All Things Root

Like Tree3Likes

test: Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old June 2nd, 2012, 04:04 PM   #1 (permalink)
Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 126
 
Device(s): LG Lucid
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Default port

Any chance this could be ported if someone decided to do so? I'm not familiar with the varying specs of the Connect but I do believe it is the same phone as the Lucid on a different carrier.

[Rom][5-17-12]Broken Out Connect 1.0 w/ Blitzkrieg Kernel

Advertisements
cpupeli1 is offline  
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old June 2nd, 2012, 04:16 PM   #2 (permalink)
ROM Developer
 
Shabbypenguin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Gender: Male
Posts: 5,289
 
Device(s): Nexus 5
Carrier: Sprint

Thanks: 353
Thanked 4,951 Times in 2,041 Posts
Default

90% of it could be lifted right off there and work
__________________
Enjoy my work?
Donate here

Know an unloved device? swing by our new forums
Shabbypenguin is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old June 2nd, 2012, 11:49 PM   #3 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
avelis26's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 52
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 1
Thanked 9 Times in 5 Posts
Smile

Work has all ready begun on this. Myself and the creator of that rom are hard at work and we all ready have a working beta. Currently he is working on the mods and we should have the next beta out in a few days.

http://db.tt/HlrRSivf
avelis26 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old June 3rd, 2012, 12:28 AM   #4 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 12
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by avelis26 View Post
Work has all ready begun on this. Myself and the creator of that rom are hard at work and we all ready have a working beta. Currently he is working on the mods and we should have the next beta out in a few days.

http://db.tt/HlrRSivf
Can this be flashed safely? What's working and what's not?
thisjustin is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old June 3rd, 2012, 03:09 AM   #5 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
avelis26's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 52
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 1
Thanked 9 Times in 5 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by thisjustin View Post
Can this be flashed safely? What's working and what's not?
I flashed it and so far everything is working just fine .... i think bluetooth is not but I can't remember
avelis26 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old June 3rd, 2012, 10:55 AM   #6 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 12
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by avelis26 View Post
I flashed it and so far everything is working just fine .... i think bluetooth is not but I can't remember
On the lucid right
thisjustin is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old June 3rd, 2012, 08:08 PM   #7 (permalink)
Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 126
 
Device(s): LG Lucid
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by avelis26 View Post
Work has all ready begun on this. Myself and the creator of that rom are hard at work and we all ready have a working beta. Currently he is working on the mods and we should have the next beta out in a few days.

http://db.tt/HlrRSivf

awesome, thanks for the work guys
cpupeli1 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old June 4th, 2012, 10:28 PM   #8 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 6
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 1
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Everything is working including Bluetooth. Pretty smooth so far definite speed improvement. Unsure on battery yet.
MoogDiesel is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old June 4th, 2012, 11:34 PM   #9 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
avelis26's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 52
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 1
Thanked 9 Times in 5 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoogDiesel View Post
Everything is working including Bluetooth. Pretty smooth so far definite speed improvement. Unsure on battery yet.
So far I've seen a very noticeable battery hit

Here is the latest update on the rom... soon we will be starting it's own thread once the mods are beta complete. This is email I got from the dev working on it:

Quote:
Hey man, sorry it has taken me a while. I was actually in the middle of a project for updating Broken Out for the LG Revolution and have decided to do a full remodel lol. It will be a little bit longer, but will be well worth the wait, as I will be bringing some other large improvements. Just wanted to give you an update. Thanks!
avelis26 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old June 5th, 2012, 02:17 PM   #10 (permalink)
Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 126
 
Device(s): LG Lucid
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Default

Speed increase is definitely there, haven't had it long enough to notice battery effects.

One issue is the widget sizes, all of my widgets are taking up more than their allotted space. For example my 4x1 system info widget takes up 4x2 amount of screen space, the same with 4x3 widgets take up my entire screen??? The same occurs with every other widget size, they all take up larger portions of space. I've tried changing the numbers of desktop rows which kind of works because it only makes room for the smaller widget sizes, but generally most widgets are still distorted.

Sorry for the widget rant haha the ROM seems flawless else wise, I just enjoy my widgets and I know its still in beta. Thanks guys!
cpupeli1 is offline  
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old June 6th, 2012, 12:58 AM   #11 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
avelis26's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 52
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 1
Thanked 9 Times in 5 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpupeli1 View Post
Speed increase is definitely there, haven't had it long enough to notice battery effects.

One issue is the widget sizes, all of my widgets are taking up more than their allotted space. For example my 4x1 system info widget takes up 4x2 amount of screen space, the same with 4x3 widgets take up my entire screen??? The same occurs with every other widget size, they all take up larger portions of space. I've tried changing the numbers of desktop rows which kind of works because it only makes room for the smaller widget sizes, but generally most widgets are still distorted.

Sorry for the widget rant haha the ROM seems flawless else wise, I just enjoy my widgets and I know its still in beta. Thanks guys!
Not sure why you are having widget issues. All my widgets work just fine. My 4x2 Beautiful Widgets Superclock only takes up 4x2 ... i can still put two rows of icons below it... Pretty sure it's an isolated issue with you and your widgets ... maybe re-flash and try again and see if the issue persists... try it first thing before you install or change anything to check if its the rom or you
avelis26 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old June 6th, 2012, 01:26 AM   #12 (permalink)
Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 126
 
Device(s): LG Lucid
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by avelis26 View Post
Not sure why you are having widget issues. All my widgets work just fine. My 4x2 Beautiful Widgets Superclock only takes up 4x2 ... i can still put two rows of icons below it... Pretty sure it's an isolated issue with you and your widgets ... maybe re-flash and try again and see if the issue persists... try it first thing before you install or change anything to check if its the rom or you

Tried wiping and re-flashing and it still happens with the widgets. No idea why is pretty frustrating. When I do a wipe data/factor reset I do get an error of sorts, not sure if its related, here is the series it goes through:

Formatting /data...
Formatting /cache...
Formatting /sd-ext...
E: Format_volume: make_extf4fs failed on /dev/block/mmcblk1p2
Formatting /sdcard/.android_secure...
Data wipe complete.

I don't know what the "failed" message means but any help would be appreciated.
cpupeli1 is offline  
Last edited by cpupeli1; June 6th, 2012 at 11:06 AM.
Reply With Quote
Old June 6th, 2012, 06:00 PM   #13 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 38
 
Device(s): Rezound Lucid Droid 2 Eris
Carrier: Verizon

Thanks: 8
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Default

I looked up your error message, E: Format_volume: make_extf4fs failed on /dev/block/mmcblk1p2

Someone on XDA said that it was because there wasn't an external SD card in place. Which sounds logical with the Lucid since it doesn't come with an external SD.

[Q] Wipe data Error (E:format volume failed on dev/block/mmcblk1p2) Help - xda-developers
platinumthomas is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old June 6th, 2012, 06:41 PM   #14 (permalink)
Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 126
 
Device(s): LG Lucid
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Default

Yea I saw that too actually right before you posted, still no luck with the widgets though. The launcher is the xperia launcher but I'm not sure which one. I dl'ed an xperia launcher off XDA a few weeks ago and it allowed me to resize widgets...
cpupeli1 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old June 7th, 2012, 10:34 AM   #15 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 2
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

The beta version is not bad overall. It's light and simple, saving huge space on memory. But I had a few minor issues with some games and Verizon backup assistant. The phone freezes and reboots. Going back to the stock rom.
junyboy1 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old June 9th, 2012, 02:03 AM   #16 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
avelis26's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 52
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 1
Thanked 9 Times in 5 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by junyboy1 View Post
The beta version is not bad overall. It's light and simple, saving huge space on memory. But I had a few minor issues with some games and Verizon backup assistant. The phone freezes and reboots. Going back to the stock rom.
Lol well there's your problem. Verizon is evil... why would you touch backup assistant with a ten foot pole?
avelis26 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old June 9th, 2012, 09:06 AM   #17 (permalink)
ROM Developer
 
Shabbypenguin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Gender: Male
Posts: 5,289
 
Device(s): Nexus 5
Carrier: Sprint

Thanks: 353
Thanked 4,951 Times in 2,041 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by platinumthomas View Post
I looked up your error message, E: Format_volume: make_extf4fs failed on /dev/block/mmcblk1p2

Someone on XDA said that it was because there wasn't an external SD card in place. Which sounds logical with the Lucid since it doesn't come with an external SD.

[Q] Wipe data Error (E:format volume failed on dev/block/mmcblk1p2) Help - xda-developers
actually its a bit more than that, mmcblk0p1 used to be the standard for sdcards, now that phones have virtual partitions mmcblk1p1 has taken the standard, mmcblk1p2 is for if you partition your sdcard, basically to use dark tremors apps2sd which requires ext4 formatted sdcard
Shabbypenguin is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old June 9th, 2012, 02:41 PM   #18 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 2
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by avelis26 View Post
Lol well there's your problem. Verizon is evil... why would you touch backup assistant with a ten foot pole?
I was trying to see what could go wrong. Besides Verizon backup, it seems that the emails synchronization pose also problem. The cracked games seem to be unfriendly with this rom; they all bounce.
junyboy1 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old June 11th, 2012, 03:35 PM   #19 (permalink)
Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 126
 
Device(s): LG Lucid
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by avelis26 View Post
Work has all ready begun on this. Myself and the creator of that rom are hard at work and we all ready have a working beta. Currently he is working on the mods and we should have the next beta out in a few days.

http://db.tt/HlrRSivf

Once again I appreciate the efforts you guys are making, any idea on when we can expect an official release? Thanks ahead.
cpupeli1 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old June 11th, 2012, 04:50 PM   #20 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Antioch, TN
Posts: 471
 
Device(s): LG Revolution, HTC Rezound
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 5
Thanked 768 Times in 152 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpupeli1 View Post
Once again I appreciate the efforts you guys are making, any idea on when we can expect an official release? Thanks ahead.
Hey guys, just thought I would stop in here and let you know where things are. In all honesty, they are in about the same place lol. I have been EXTREMELY busy. I leave for work at 6:30 in the morning Mon-Sat and get off at 5:30. After that, my 2 daughters play softball, and between the 2 I am at the ball fields for 5 hours on Saturdays, then until 8:30 Mon, Tues, and Thurs. After that I teach a 5th and 6th grade Bible class on Wed. nights. Then of course there is the church service on Sunday morning and Sunday night lol.

With that being said, I will be pushing to get this done for you guys as soon as possible, an occasional rain out would be nice, but no, it only rains on Sundays here lol. Thanks guys for the understanding!!!
__________________
For those that enjoy the work that I have done and would like to support my efforts financially click here, any amount is greatly appreciated
mtmichaelson is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mtmichaelson For This Useful Post:
fjorn1 (July 8th, 2012), LickeyMong (September 5th, 2012)
sponsored links
Old June 11th, 2012, 04:57 PM   #21 (permalink)
Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 126
 
Device(s): LG Lucid
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtmichaelson View Post
Hey guys, just thought I would stop in here and let you know where things are. In all honesty, they are in about the same place lol. I have been EXTREMELY busy. I leave for work at 6:30 in the morning Mon-Sat and get off at 5:30. After that, my 2 daughters play softball, and between the 2 I am at the ball fields for 5 hours on Saturdays, then until 8:30 Mon, Tues, and Thurs. After that I teach a 5th and 6th grade Bible class on Wed. nights. Then of course there is the church service on Sunday morning and Sunday night lol.

With that being said, I will be pushing to get this done for you guys as soon as possible, an occasional rain out would be nice, but no, it only rains on Sundays here lol. Thanks guys for the understanding!!!
Can't argue with that schedule, I have a softball double header tonight but certainly doesn't compete with your time frames ha. No worries, its great we have at least some people working on the Lucid for us users.
cpupeli1 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old June 12th, 2012, 11:11 AM   #22 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
avelis26's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 52
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 1
Thanked 9 Times in 5 Posts
Default

Just got the second beta. He tried removing setup wizard but ended up breaking usb connectivity lol. Plus we have to basically start over because of the new OTA update. As we speak I'm flashing back to stock, root, and pulling a new nandroid backup for him so he can rebuild the rom with new updates. I think we really should start a new thread for this with proper title lol
avelis26 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old June 21st, 2012, 05:44 PM   #23 (permalink)
Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 126
 
Device(s): LG Lucid
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by avelis26 View Post
Just got the second beta. He tried removing setup wizard but ended up breaking usb connectivity lol. Plus we have to basically start over because of the new OTA update. As we speak I'm flashing back to stock, root, and pulling a new nandroid backup for him so he can rebuild the rom with new updates. I think we really should start a new thread for this with proper title lol

Just curious if any progress was made, if not no worries.
cpupeli1 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old June 22nd, 2012, 11:45 PM   #24 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
avelis26's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 52
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 1
Thanked 9 Times in 5 Posts
Default

Nothing yet :-(
avelis26 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old June 26th, 2012, 04:49 PM   #25 (permalink)
Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 126
 
Device(s): LG Lucid
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by avelis26 View Post
Nothing yet :-(
Kk well I guess when you get the new beta based on the recent OTA make a new thread like you suggested.
cpupeli1 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old July 4th, 2012, 12:06 PM   #26 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 26
 
Device(s): GNex 4.4.3 LG Lucid Stock ICS *Need GB image* Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 (P5113)
Carrier: Verizon... Unfortunately.

Thanks: 3
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

I cannot wait for the full version to come out, someone pointed me to the Connect version saying it would work... got a boot loop. Just restored and now I'm flashing this.
fjorn1 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old July 7th, 2012, 07:00 PM   #27 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 2
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

I'm new with all this so this might be a stupid question, but does this ROM and kernel allow overclocking and if so any figures on this? ? Another question, what are the benefits of this ROM over the stock one (gingerbread 2.3.6)?
grandtuna is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old July 8th, 2012, 04:20 PM   #28 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 26
 
Device(s): GNex 4.4.3 LG Lucid Stock ICS *Need GB image* Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 (P5113)
Carrier: Verizon... Unfortunately.

Thanks: 3
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by grandtuna View Post
I'm new with all this so this might be a stupid question, but does this ROM and kernel allow overclocking and if so any figures on this? ? Another question, what are the benefits of this ROM over the stock one (gingerbread 2.3.6)?

This ROM/kernel does not allow for overclocking. This ROM features a smoother interface, better "home screen" and less use of RAM. I recommend it.
fjorn1 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old July 10th, 2012, 03:47 PM   #29 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 272
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 4
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Default

(deleted by user)
xxwhynotxx is offline  
Last edited by xxwhynotxx; July 10th, 2012 at 04:05 PM.
Reply With Quote
Old July 12th, 2012, 08:34 PM   #30 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 4
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

I have a rooted Lucid. I tried installing this from my SD card via ROM Manager, but the phone just reboots with no apparent change. Anyone have a suggestion on what I'm doing wrong?
TwickInsisted is offline  
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old July 12th, 2012, 08:48 PM   #31 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 26
 
Device(s): GNex 4.4.3 LG Lucid Stock ICS *Need GB image* Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 (P5113)
Carrier: Verizon... Unfortunately.

Thanks: 3
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwickInsisted View Post
I have a rooted Lucid. I tried installing this from my SD card via ROM Manager, but the phone just reboots with no apparent change. Anyone have a suggestion on what I'm doing wrong?

You're using ROM manager, do it with CWM.
fjorn1 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old July 13th, 2012, 01:17 PM   #32 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 16
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 1
Thanked 3 Times in 2 Posts
Default

Didn't want to start a new topic, but is there any need for the stock rom bin file? I saved a copy when I was manually updating the phone, but don't know if it's really needed for the future just in case I need to go back to stock. It's huge, 1.4 GB.
aigochamaloh is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old July 13th, 2012, 10:27 PM   #33 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 4
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fjorn1 View Post
You're using ROM manager, do it with CWM.
Fjorn1-- thanks so much for taking time to respond. when i searched for Clockworkmod on Google Play, the program that I saw available was ROM Manager by Clockworkmod. Is there another app I'm not seeing? If so, could I trouble you to provide the exact name and/or link to the app?

Again, thanks so much for your time.
TwickInsisted is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old July 14th, 2012, 12:34 AM   #34 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
avelis26's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 52
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 1
Thanked 9 Times in 5 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwickInsisted View Post
Fjorn1-- thanks so much for taking time to respond. when i searched for Clockworkmod on Google Play, the program that I saw available was ROM Manager by Clockworkmod. Is there another app I'm not seeing? If so, could I trouble you to provide the exact name and/or link to the app?

Again, thanks so much for your time.
Lol dude you obviously need to do a lot more research. Don't be lazy. No one will help you when you're lazy.

A quick Google search of "cwm" will show the fifth result (and only one related to android) as http://www.addictivetips.com/mobile/what-is-clockworkmod-recovery-and-how-to-use-it-on-android-complete-guide/

Also just looking in this very forum you will find a thread titled "Clockwork Recovery 5.5.0.4"
Clockwork Recovery 5.5.0.4

All the info is right there but you need to learn a little more about what a rom is and recovery.

In case you didn't know... you're phone also needs to be rooted and don't ask what that means. That question has been asked a billion times all ready and there are 74,758,828,403,928,485,038,593 tutorials out there and androids
avelis26 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old July 14th, 2012, 01:19 AM   #35 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 4
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by avelis26 View Post

In case you didn't know... you're phone also needs to be rooted and don't ask what that means. That question has been asked a billion times all ready and there are 74,758,828,403,928,485,038,593 tutorials out there and androids
I am on a rooted LG Lucid; sorry I didn't make that clearer.

Thanks for the links.
TwickInsisted is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old July 14th, 2012, 08:01 AM   #36 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 4
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

OK, did it! This is great. No more bloat. Thanks very much for your comments. The problem turned out to be that i was using the internal SD, not the external. i thought i had navigated to the external when i was placing the file, but that was the issue in the end.

last question-- now that the new ROM is on, it wants to update the firmware, which i obviously don't want. how do i prevent that prompt from occurring every five minutes as it's doing? i've tried googling that one but i can't find answers.

thanks!
TwickInsisted is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old July 15th, 2012, 02:23 PM   #37 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 3
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Would the firmware update still work for this ROM? It didn't seen to want to update when I flashed it
SeXyStEpH87 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old July 15th, 2012, 04:05 PM   #38 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 26
 
Device(s): GNex 4.4.3 LG Lucid Stock ICS *Need GB image* Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 (P5113)
Carrier: Verizon... Unfortunately.

Thanks: 3
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Alright do not update, there's a tutorial out there somewhere on how to disable Android update, but I'm on my lucid (with this ROM) so I can't post a link.
fjorn1 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old July 15th, 2012, 04:42 PM   #39 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 3
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Ok thank you
SeXyStEpH87 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old July 20th, 2012, 10:54 AM   #40 (permalink)
Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 126
 
Device(s): LG Lucid
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by avelis26 View Post
Just got the second beta. He tried removing setup wizard but ended up breaking usb connectivity lol. Plus we have to basically start over because of the new OTA update. As we speak I'm flashing back to stock, root, and pulling a new nandroid backup for him so he can rebuild the rom with new updates. I think we really should start a new thread for this with proper title lol

Figured I'd stop in and see if the second beta has improved at all? Any info is much appreciated, thanks ahead.
cpupeli1 is offline  
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old July 24th, 2012, 01:46 PM   #41 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
avelis26's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 52
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 1
Thanked 9 Times in 5 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpupeli1 View Post
Figured I'd stop in and see if the second beta has improved at all? Any info is much appreciated, thanks ahead.
Neither of us have had any time to work on this. I'm busy with my job hunt and he is busy with life. I haven't been bugging him about it though. I have a job offer on my table but it's not what I'm looking for but looks like I won't have a choice. Once I get set up and get my routine going, I plan to sit down with this phone and pull it apart in every way and customize the HELL out of it.
avelis26 is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to avelis26 For This Useful Post:
fjorn1 (August 3rd, 2012), meggaplex (July 27th, 2012)
Old July 24th, 2012, 05:40 PM   #42 (permalink)
Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 126
 
Device(s): LG Lucid
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by avelis26 View Post
Neither of us have had any time to work on this. I'm busy with my job hunt and he is busy with life. I haven't been bugging him about it though. I have a job offer on my table but it's not what I'm looking for but looks like I won't have a choice. Once I get set up and get my routine going, I plan to sit down with this phone and pull it apart in every way and customize the HELL out of it.
I hear you on the job hunt I'm in the same boat. I look forward to whenever development continues.
cpupeli1 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old July 26th, 2012, 08:28 PM   #43 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 26
 
Device(s): GNex 4.4.3 LG Lucid Stock ICS *Need GB image* Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 (P5113)
Carrier: Verizon... Unfortunately.

Thanks: 3
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by avelis26 View Post
Neither of us have had any time to work on this. I'm busy with my job hunt and he is busy with life. I haven't been bugging him about it though. I have a job offer on my table but it's not what I'm looking for but looks like I won't have a choice. Once I get set up and get my routine going, I plan to sit down with this phone and pull it apart in every way and customize the HELL out of it.
Hey man good luck with that, I hope you get all settled and such, and I am really looking forward to that, I really wish I had the know how about android programming, but sadly I don't. I am running the Beta ROM which is the only development I've seen so far for this phone as far as ROMs go, and it's starting to be a little laggy and buggy now, randomly rebooting at times. I am excited to see how well this can be ported and I am also looking forward to an overclockable kernel. Thank you so much for the development.
fjorn1 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old July 31st, 2012, 08:02 AM   #44 (permalink)
Member
 
LickeyMong's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: 7th layer of hell
Posts: 102
 
Device(s): LG lucid-cm10 Lg Lucid-stock 4.0.4
Carrier: Verizon Wireless :3

Thanks: 15
Thanked 7 Times in 7 Posts
LgAllySucks
Default

this rom seems a great start for the lucid
LickeyMong is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old August 4th, 2012, 01:03 AM   #45 (permalink)
Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 126
 
Device(s): LG Lucid
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fjorn1 View Post
Alright do not update, there's a tutorial out there somewhere on how to disable Android update, but I'm on my lucid (with this ROM) so I can't post a link.
Could you post the link to this? The update seems to be attempting more and more often which has been killing my battery life.
cpupeli1 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old August 4th, 2012, 02:23 PM   #46 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 26
 
Device(s): GNex 4.4.3 LG Lucid Stock ICS *Need GB image* Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 (P5113)
Carrier: Verizon... Unfortunately.

Thanks: 3
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpupeli1 View Post
Could you post the link to this? The update seems to be attempting more and more often which has been killing my battery life.
How's this?

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1388778&highlight=disable+notific ation
fjorn1 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old August 4th, 2012, 02:52 PM   #47 (permalink)
Member
 
LickeyMong's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: 7th layer of hell
Posts: 102
 
Device(s): LG lucid-cm10 Lg Lucid-stock 4.0.4
Carrier: Verizon Wireless :3

Thanks: 15
Thanked 7 Times in 7 Posts
LgAllySucks
Default

Dang,I'm just on stock for now.(: but I wanna see a LG update for jellybean and cyanogenmod 7 10 and 11 ported
But that's just a dream
LickeyMong is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old August 5th, 2012, 07:03 PM   #48 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 26
 
Device(s): GNex 4.4.3 LG Lucid Stock ICS *Need GB image* Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 (P5113)
Carrier: Verizon... Unfortunately.

Thanks: 3
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LickeyMong View Post
Dang,I'm just on stock for now.(: but I wanna see a LG update for jellybean and cyanogenmod 7 10 and 11 ported
But that's just a dream

^ This.
fjorn1 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old August 5th, 2012, 07:23 PM   #49 (permalink)
Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 126
 
Device(s): LG Lucid
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fjorn1 View Post
I tried this and replaced 'samsung' with 'lg' where you write "pm disable com." so hopefully it'll work. It usually starts downloading the update at night so I'll let you know.
cpupeli1 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old August 5th, 2012, 10:25 PM   #50 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 26
 
Device(s): GNex 4.4.3 LG Lucid Stock ICS *Need GB image* Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 (P5113)
Carrier: Verizon... Unfortunately.

Thanks: 3
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpupeli1 View Post
I tried this and replaced 'samsung' with 'lg' where you write "pm disable com." so hopefully it'll work. It usually starts downloading the update at night so I'll let you know.

Alright we need a sticky for this anyways, most beta ROMs still get the update notification.
fjorn1 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply


Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > LG Lucid > Lucid - All Things Root
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:37 PM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.