Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > LG Lucid > Lucid - All Things Root

New Forums: Nexus Player | Nexus 9
Like Tree14Likes
  • 2 Post By sammyz
  • 2 Post By scary alien
  • 1 Post By sammyz
  • 1 Post By scary alien
  • 1 Post By sammyz
  • 1 Post By wiisixtyfour
  • 1 Post By noseph
  • 1 Post By guated
  • 1 Post By sammyz
  • 1 Post By noseph
  • 1 Post By wiisixtyfour
  • 1 Post By noseph

test: Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old February 17th, 2013, 06:08 PM   #1 (permalink)
LG Whiz Kid
Thread Author (OP)
 
sammyz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Pompano Beach, Fl
Gender: Male
Posts: 8,725
 
Device(s): LG Motion 4G---- LG Optimus L9
Carrier: MetroPCS

Thanks: 2,169
Thanked 2,332 Times in 1,515 Posts
Default Official LG Lucid and Optimus Exceed Firmware

So I've decided to keep firmware in this thread all in one nice place where it's easily accessible and no need to find posts manually.

VS840 firmware:
Oldest firmware I could find:
ZV5_00

Other Firmware (Forbidden links ):
ZV6_06
ZV7_07


Current Firmware: ZV8_05

Alternatives to ZV5 and ZV6:
https://www.box.com/shared/hpapn930pad7afw85bth

Alternative to ZV7:
https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B6qm6EiEv6LSVXU4aUY5OVl2MXc/preview?pli=1

------------------------------------------------------------
LG Optimus Exceed VS840PP Firmware:
http://csmgdl.lgmobile.com/swdata/WDLSW/LGVS840PP/AVRZTN/VS840PP2_02/VS840PP2_02.S2_02.P58017.R5.cab

How to Flash firmware: [GUIDE] Unbrick LG Lucid

Credits:
noseph for ZV5/6 alternative links
wiisixtyfour for ZV7 alternative link
bdk123 for making the unbrick guide
anyone I'm forgetting??? PM me and let me know

If there is any newer/older firmware, this would be the thread to post about it as well as alternative links.
scary alien and JayCon3 like this.

Advertisements
__________________
Ok, you want help? I am here to help. But if you can't read, I can't really help you.
Why on earth would anyone help someone who does not read? This is a forum, the purpose of it is to read.
sammyz is online now  
Last edited by sammyz; June 5th, 2013 at 04:46 PM. Reason: Added VS840PP firmware
Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to sammyz For This Useful Post:
acharlest (May 30th, 2013), iUNWiReD (November 12th, 2013), JayCon3 (February 23rd, 2013), noseph (February 18th, 2013), scary alien (February 17th, 2013), un1ocked (June 5th, 2013)
sponsored links
Old February 17th, 2013, 07:09 PM   #2 (permalink)
not really so scary
 
scary alien's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Indy
Posts: 17,717
 
Device(s): LG Nexus 5, Asus Nexus 7, Samsung Galaxy Nexus, Moto Droid X, HTC Droid Eris
Carrier: T-Mobile

Thanks: 33,550
Thanked 15,271 Times in 7,524 Posts
Default

Stickied!



Sammy, un-stick as you deem necessary.

Thanks!
h4x0rj3ff and sammyz like this.
scary alien is online now  
Last edited by scary alien; February 17th, 2013 at 07:17 PM.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to scary alien For This Useful Post:
sammyz (February 17th, 2013)
Old February 17th, 2013, 08:59 PM   #3 (permalink)
LG Whiz Kid
Thread Author (OP)
 
sammyz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Pompano Beach, Fl
Gender: Male
Posts: 8,725
 
Device(s): LG Motion 4G---- LG Optimus L9
Carrier: MetroPCS

Thanks: 2,169
Thanked 2,332 Times in 1,515 Posts
Default Re: Official LG Lucid Firmware

Unstuck.

Reason: no point in having a thread stickied when the stickied unbrick thread contains a link to this thread
scary alien likes this.
sammyz is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old February 17th, 2013, 09:29 PM   #4 (permalink)
not really so scary
 
scary alien's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Indy
Posts: 17,717
 
Device(s): LG Nexus 5, Asus Nexus 7, Samsung Galaxy Nexus, Moto Droid X, HTC Droid Eris
Carrier: T-Mobile

Thanks: 33,550
Thanked 15,271 Times in 7,524 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammyz View Post
Unstuck.


sammyz likes this.
scary alien is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old February 17th, 2013, 09:30 PM   #5 (permalink)
LG Whiz Kid
Thread Author (OP)
 
sammyz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Pompano Beach, Fl
Gender: Male
Posts: 8,725
 
Device(s): LG Motion 4G---- LG Optimus L9
Carrier: MetroPCS

Thanks: 2,169
Thanked 2,332 Times in 1,515 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by scary alien View Post







scary alien likes this.
sammyz is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old February 17th, 2013, 10:58 PM   #6 (permalink)
Member
 
wiisixtyfour's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Southern California, USA
Gender: Male
Posts: 108
 
Device(s): Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini SCH-I435, LG Lucid 2 VS870, LG Lucid VS840 running CM10, Coby Kyros MID7015B
Carrier: Verizon

Thanks: 10
Thanked 40 Times in 29 Posts
Default

Here's V7: https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B6qm6EiEv6LSVXU4aUY5OVl2MXc/edit?usp=sharing
sammyz likes this.
wiisixtyfour is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to wiisixtyfour For This Useful Post:
sammyz (February 17th, 2013)
Old March 8th, 2013, 10:50 AM   #7 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Georgia
Gender: Male
Posts: 41
 
Device(s): LG Lucid, Hopefully soon Droid DNA
Carrier: Verizon

Thanks: 2
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

The alternative to V5/V6 does not contain V5. It has V6 and V8.
Alexminatl is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old March 8th, 2013, 11:58 AM   #8 (permalink)
Member
 
wiisixtyfour's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Southern California, USA
Gender: Male
Posts: 108
 
Device(s): Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini SCH-I435, LG Lucid 2 VS870, LG Lucid VS840 running CM10, Coby Kyros MID7015B
Carrier: Verizon

Thanks: 10
Thanked 40 Times in 29 Posts
Default

V5 should still work using the LG link
wiisixtyfour is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old March 8th, 2013, 12:13 PM   #9 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Georgia
Gender: Male
Posts: 41
 
Device(s): LG Lucid, Hopefully soon Droid DNA
Carrier: Verizon

Thanks: 2
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

It does, but its incredibly slow.
Alexminatl is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old March 8th, 2013, 04:11 PM   #10 (permalink)
Member
 
wiisixtyfour's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Southern California, USA
Gender: Male
Posts: 108
 
Device(s): Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini SCH-I435, LG Lucid 2 VS870, LG Lucid VS840 running CM10, Coby Kyros MID7015B
Carrier: Verizon

Thanks: 10
Thanked 40 Times in 29 Posts
Default

How's this? https://googledrive.com/host/0B6qm6EiEv6LSTjNUUVczU2h4M1k/
wiisixtyfour is offline  
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old March 8th, 2013, 04:40 PM   #11 (permalink)
AF Contributor
 
noseph's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Indian Land, SC
Gender: Male
Posts: 169
 
Device(s): VZW Galaxy Nexus (CM11), HP Touchpad (CM11)
Carrier: Verizon

Thanks: 35
Thanked 34 Times in 27 Posts
Default

I have added a V5 to the alternate.
wiisixtyfour likes this.
noseph is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old March 9th, 2013, 10:28 AM   #12 (permalink)
AF Contributor
 
noseph's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Indian Land, SC
Gender: Male
Posts: 169
 
Device(s): VZW Galaxy Nexus (CM11), HP Touchpad (CM11)
Carrier: Verizon

Thanks: 35
Thanked 34 Times in 27 Posts
Default

I have added V7 to https://www.box.com/shared/hpapn930pad7afw85bth it should now contain all of the Lucid cabs.
noseph is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old March 10th, 2013, 12:43 AM   #13 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 38
 
Device(s): Rezound Lucid Droid 2 Eris
Carrier: Verizon

Thanks: 8
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Default

Which V files are GB?
platinumthomas is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old March 10th, 2013, 01:33 AM   #14 (permalink)
Member
 
wiisixtyfour's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Southern California, USA
Gender: Male
Posts: 108
 
Device(s): Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini SCH-I435, LG Lucid 2 VS870, LG Lucid VS840 running CM10, Coby Kyros MID7015B
Carrier: Verizon

Thanks: 10
Thanked 40 Times in 29 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by platinumthomas View Post
Which V files are GB?
V5 and V6
wiisixtyfour is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to wiisixtyfour For This Useful Post:
platinumthomas (March 10th, 2013)
Old March 13th, 2013, 03:23 PM   #15 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1
 
Device(s): VS840 LG Lucid v6
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Thumbs up :)

I was going to post this under your profile sammy, but I haven't posted enough so I'll have to leave it here!

Thank you for Official LG Lucid Firmware topic. I'm having to downgrade my firmware to my LG LUCID(cayman) because I am unable to root the VS840ZV8. I've had VS840ZV7 rooted before, and used Voodoo OTA RootKeeper v.2.0.3 to restore root in the past, but this time Verizon had to send me a new phone, within 5min the phone updated itself to V8 and I've searched everywhere on how to root this bugger, but no one seems to had made the attempt root on this version yet.

Sorry for the long story, but I wanted to give you big props on the topic with the firmware, it's going to be a big help in getting this sucker back to how I like it. =-) Take care!
sammyz likes this.
guated is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to guated For This Useful Post:
scary alien (March 13th, 2013)
Old March 13th, 2013, 03:54 PM   #16 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Gender: Male
Posts: 109
 
Device(s): Droid DNA-RootBox 4.2.2 LG Lucid-CM10(decom.)
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

Thanks: 9
Thanked 5 Times in 4 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by guated View Post
I was going to post this under your profile sammy, but I haven't posted enough so I'll have to leave it here!

Thank you for Official LG Lucid Firmware topic. I'm having to downgrade my firmware to my LG LUCID(cayman) because I am unable to root the VS840ZV8. I've had VS840ZV7 rooted before, and used Voodoo OTA RootKeeper v.2.0.3 to restore root in the past, but this time Verizon had to send me a new phone, within 5min the phone updated itself to V8 and I've searched everywhere on how to root this bugger, but no one seems to had made the attempt root on this version yet.

Sorry for the long story, but I wanted to give you big props on the topic with the firmware, it's going to be a big help in getting this sucker back to how I like it. =-) Take care!
You can root ZV8 with the ZV7 Spectrum ICS method.
zinkscott is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to zinkscott For This Useful Post:
sammyz (March 13th, 2013), scary alien (March 13th, 2013)
Old March 24th, 2013, 08:55 PM   #17 (permalink)
LG Whiz Kid
Thread Author (OP)
 
sammyz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Pompano Beach, Fl
Gender: Male
Posts: 8,725
 
Device(s): LG Motion 4G---- LG Optimus L9
Carrier: MetroPCS

Thanks: 2,169
Thanked 2,332 Times in 1,515 Posts
Default Re: Official LG Lucid Firmware

Fixed bad links
sammyz is online now  
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to sammyz For This Useful Post:
scary alien (March 24th, 2013)
Old May 29th, 2013, 06:41 PM   #18 (permalink)
LG Whiz Kid
Thread Author (OP)
 
sammyz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Pompano Beach, Fl
Gender: Male
Posts: 8,725
 
Device(s): LG Motion 4G---- LG Optimus L9
Carrier: MetroPCS

Thanks: 2,169
Thanked 2,332 Times in 1,515 Posts
Default

OP updated with VS840PP2 firmware.

Cheers!
iUNWiReD likes this.
sammyz is online now  
Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sammyz For This Useful Post:
iUNWiReD (November 12th, 2013), scary alien (May 29th, 2013)
Old May 29th, 2013, 07:45 PM   #19 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: USA
Gender: Male
Posts: 226
 
Device(s): LG Lucid - CyanogenMod 10 [4.1.2]
Carrier: Verizon

Thanks: 12
Thanked 22 Times in 16 Posts
Send a message via Skype™ to JJPR97
Default

VS840PP, how is that firmware? I've never used it.
JJPR97 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old May 29th, 2013, 09:04 PM   #20 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 272
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 4
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Default

What is it?
xxwhynotxx is offline  
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old May 30th, 2013, 12:24 AM   #21 (permalink)
LG Whiz Kid
Thread Author (OP)
 
sammyz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Pompano Beach, Fl
Gender: Male
Posts: 8,725
 
Device(s): LG Motion 4G---- LG Optimus L9
Carrier: MetroPCS

Thanks: 2,169
Thanked 2,332 Times in 1,515 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJPR97 View Post
VS840PP, how is that firmware? I've never used it.
Idk, but you'll have to manually update to use it. The MS840 got an updated hardware version called the MS840V. The updated hardware enabled vLTE and with it came a release of newer firmware. The newer firmware works fine on both phones. In fact the newer firmware was 10x more stable on the MS840 when it was running MS840V firmware.

My theory: this is the same thing except for the Lucid
sammyz is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old May 30th, 2013, 01:35 PM   #22 (permalink)
Member
 
wiisixtyfour's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Southern California, USA
Gender: Male
Posts: 108
 
Device(s): Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini SCH-I435, LG Lucid 2 VS870, LG Lucid VS840 running CM10, Coby Kyros MID7015B
Carrier: Verizon

Thanks: 10
Thanked 40 Times in 29 Posts
Default

Actually I believe that the prepaid lucid (LG Optimus Exceed) doesn't have 4G capabilities, so I would think the firmware would handle that and not work for regular Lucids. At least thats what I presume.
wiisixtyfour is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to wiisixtyfour For This Useful Post:
sammyz (May 30th, 2013)
Old May 30th, 2013, 01:41 PM   #23 (permalink)
LG Whiz Kid
Thread Author (OP)
 
sammyz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Pompano Beach, Fl
Gender: Male
Posts: 8,725
 
Device(s): LG Motion 4G---- LG Optimus L9
Carrier: MetroPCS

Thanks: 2,169
Thanked 2,332 Times in 1,515 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiisixtyfour View Post
Actually I believe that the prepaid lucid (LG Optimus Exceed) doesn't have 4G capabilities, so I would think the firmware would handle that and not work for regular Lucids. At least thats what I presume.
What is the model number of that phone???
sammyz is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old May 30th, 2013, 02:00 PM   #24 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Cincinnati, OH
Posts: 38
 
Device(s): LG Optimus F6, Moto G, iPhone 4s, Lumia 521
Carrier: MetroPCS

Thanks: 12
Thanked 10 Times in 5 Posts
anthtracy
Default

Will the GB firmwares work for the prepaid Lucid (Optimus Exceed)?
acharlest is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old May 30th, 2013, 02:14 PM   #25 (permalink)
LG Whiz Kid
Thread Author (OP)
 
sammyz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Pompano Beach, Fl
Gender: Male
Posts: 8,725
 
Device(s): LG Motion 4G---- LG Optimus L9
Carrier: MetroPCS

Thanks: 2,169
Thanked 2,332 Times in 1,515 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by acharlest View Post
Will the GB firmwares work for the prepaid Lucid (Optimus Exceed)?
Idk..
sammyz is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old May 31st, 2013, 02:15 PM   #26 (permalink)
Member
 
wiisixtyfour's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Southern California, USA
Gender: Male
Posts: 108
 
Device(s): Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini SCH-I435, LG Lucid 2 VS870, LG Lucid VS840 running CM10, Coby Kyros MID7015B
Carrier: Verizon

Thanks: 10
Thanked 40 Times in 29 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammyz View Post
What is the model number of that phone???
That's the VS840PP
wiisixtyfour is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to wiisixtyfour For This Useful Post:
sammyz (May 31st, 2013)
Old June 13th, 2013, 11:15 PM   #27 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 9
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 1
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

does anyone install this firmware http://csmgdl.lgmobile.com/swdata/WDLSW/LGVS840PP/AVRZTN/VS840PP2_02/VS840PP2_02.S2_02.P58017.R5.cab and succed connect modem or ethernet mode....

i've got problem,,



i tried these driver and no one work...(install one > restart > didnt work > uninstall > restart > install another one > didnt work > > > > and searcing solution for 18 hours...... no one succeed...



help me pleeeeasee....:<
imnicx is offline  
Last edited by imnicx; June 13th, 2013 at 11:19 PM.
Reply With Quote
Old June 13th, 2013, 11:43 PM   #28 (permalink)
LG Whiz Kid
Thread Author (OP)
 
sammyz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Pompano Beach, Fl
Gender: Male
Posts: 8,725
 
Device(s): LG Motion 4G---- LG Optimus L9
Carrier: MetroPCS

Thanks: 2,169
Thanked 2,332 Times in 1,515 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by imnicx View Post
does anyone install this firmware http://csmgdl.lgmobile.com/swdata/WDLSW/LGVS840PP/AVRZTN/VS840PP2_02/VS840PP2_02.S2_02.P58017.R5.cab and succed connect modem or ethernet mode....

i've got problem,,



i tried these driver and no one work...(install one > restart > didnt work > uninstall > restart > install another one > didnt work > > > > and searcing solution for 18 hours...... no one succeed...



help me pleeeeasee....:<
Right click the installer and press run as admin.
sammyz is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old June 14th, 2013, 01:19 AM   #29 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 9
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 1
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammyz View Post
Right click the installer and press run as admin.
i did it every single install....
imnicx is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old June 14th, 2013, 04:23 PM   #30 (permalink)
LG Whiz Kid
Thread Author (OP)
 
sammyz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Pompano Beach, Fl
Gender: Male
Posts: 8,725
 
Device(s): LG Motion 4G---- LG Optimus L9
Carrier: MetroPCS

Thanks: 2,169
Thanked 2,332 Times in 1,515 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by imnicx View Post
i did it every single install....
Uninstall all drivers, reboot, and install the 3.8.1 drivers
sammyz is online now  
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to sammyz For This Useful Post:
scary alien (June 14th, 2013)
sponsored links
Old June 18th, 2013, 12:37 PM   #31 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 9
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 1
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammyz View Post
Uninstall all drivers, reboot, and install the 3.8.1 drivers
thx for u reply,,

I follow this (http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2173465) tutorial and accidently i found way to make my device recognized,,althougt im failed to root it,,
imnicx is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old June 27th, 2013, 02:39 AM   #32 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 9
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 1
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default root needed...

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammyz View Post
does anybody root this firmware...?

if yes,,how...?
imnicx is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old June 27th, 2013, 08:14 AM   #33 (permalink)
LG Whiz Kid
Thread Author (OP)
 
sammyz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Pompano Beach, Fl
Gender: Male
Posts: 8,725
 
Device(s): LG Motion 4G---- LG Optimus L9
Carrier: MetroPCS

Thanks: 2,169
Thanked 2,332 Times in 1,515 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by imnicx View Post
does anybody root this firmware...?

if yes,,how...?
Try the lg lucid gingerbread method. Do not install the recovery.
sammyz is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old June 27th, 2013, 06:30 PM   #34 (permalink)
Member
 
dobbs69's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: rossville ga
Posts: 183
 
Device(s): lg optimus exceed, samsung reverb
Carrier: virgin mobile

Thanks: 104
Thanked 38 Times in 27 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by imnicx View Post
does anybody root this firmware...?

if yes,,how...?
I used the ICS method (the lg spectrum method) using Ubuntu 12.04. But if you use the Linux script provided, I had to change one line so pm me if you go that route.
dobbs69 is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old June 27th, 2013, 10:09 PM   #35 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Flagstaff
Posts: 4
 
Device(s): LG Optimus Exceed VS840, HTC Incredible 2, Vizio Tablet
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

Thanks: 3
Thanked 4 Times in 3 Posts
Default

Hello all, I am a noobie to rooting android systems and found this site hoping to get enough info and courage to unlock the bootloader on my lg optimus exceed. Since it's essentially an lg lucid, searches brought me to this site. I rooted and unlocked my HTC Indredible 2, but I also already bricked my first LG Exceed, so I need some encouragement. I just want to learn how to flash different roms and ultimately build custom roms.

I do appreciate the site and all the work that you folks have done. Anyway, today I got notice through the Verizon Software Updater that there was an update for my phone. Since I have rooted my phone, I did not allow the upgrade, but did download it. It is called VS840PP3_02.S3_02.P58019.R5.cab. I saw where noseph has a repository of all the lucid cabs, so just wanted to make the cab I got today available to add to his collection. I could start a dropbox account and leave it there if anyone wants it.
otrcomm is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to otrcomm For This Useful Post:
noseph (June 28th, 2013), scary alien (June 27th, 2013)
Old June 27th, 2013, 10:31 PM   #36 (permalink)
not really so scary
 
scary alien's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Indy
Posts: 17,717
 
Device(s): LG Nexus 5, Asus Nexus 7, Samsung Galaxy Nexus, Moto Droid X, HTC Droid Eris
Carrier: T-Mobile

Thanks: 33,550
Thanked 15,271 Times in 7,524 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by otrcomm View Post
Hello all, I am a noobie to rooting android systems and found this site hoping to get enough info and courage to unlock the bootloader on my lg optimus exceed. Since it's essentially an lg lucid, searches brought me to this site. I rooted and unlocked my HTC Indredible 2, but I also already bricked my first LG Exceed, so I need some encouragement. I just want to learn how to flash different roms and ultimately build custom roms.

I do appreciate the site and all the work that you folks have done. Anyway, today I got notice through the Verizon Software Updater that there was an update for my phone. Since I have rooted my phone, I did not allow the upgrade, but did download it. It is called VS840PP3_02.S3_02.P58019.R5.cab. I saw where noseph has a repository of all the lucid cabs, so just wanted to make the cab I got today available to add to his collection. I could start a dropbox account and leave it there if anyone wants it.
Welcome to our AndroidForums, otrcomm!

I'll leave it to the smart Lucid folks here to address the bulk of your post, but if you /system partition is an ext2/3/4 filesystem, then you should be able to safely squirrel-away (save) root with an app like OTA Rootkeeper prior to accepting / installing an OTA.

Cheers and thanks for signing-up with us here at AF!

scary alien is online now  
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to scary alien For This Useful Post:
otrcomm (June 27th, 2013)
Old June 27th, 2013, 10:50 PM   #37 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Flagstaff
Posts: 4
 
Device(s): LG Optimus Exceed VS840, HTC Incredible 2, Vizio Tablet
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

Thanks: 3
Thanked 4 Times in 3 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by scary alien View Post
Welcome to our AndroidForums, otrcomm!

I'll leave it to the smart Lucid folks here to address the bulk of your post, but if you /system partition is an ext2/3/4 filesystem, then you should be able to safely squirrel-away (save) root with an app like OTA Rootkeeper prior to accepting / installing an OTA.

Cheers and thanks for signing-up with us here at AF!

Thanks for reply! I just installed OTA Rootkeeper. How do I check to see which filesystem is on my lg? Are there apps for getting down to command line on my phone? Can I mount it to linux box (Scientific Linux 6)?
otrcomm is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to otrcomm For This Useful Post:
scary alien (June 27th, 2013)
Old June 27th, 2013, 11:19 PM   #38 (permalink)
not really so scary
 
scary alien's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Indy
Posts: 17,717
 
Device(s): LG Nexus 5, Asus Nexus 7, Samsung Galaxy Nexus, Moto Droid X, HTC Droid Eris
Carrier: T-Mobile

Thanks: 33,550
Thanked 15,271 Times in 7,524 Posts
Default

Yep! Grab Android Terminal Emulator from the Play Store and type the "mount" command. You should be able to see /system in there somewhere and its filesystem type listed.

scary alien is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old June 28th, 2013, 10:50 AM   #39 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Flagstaff
Posts: 4
 
Device(s): LG Optimus Exceed VS840, HTC Incredible 2, Vizio Tablet
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

Thanks: 3
Thanked 4 Times in 3 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by scary alien View Post
Yep! Grab Android Terminal Emulator from the Play Store and type the "mount" command. You should be able to see /system in there somewhere and its filesystem type listed.
Thanks muchly! "mount | grep ext" showed me ... /system ext4 ... so I should be safe to do OTAs.

Today my task is to get an SSHD server running on my phone so I can connect to it via putty or securecrt.
otrcomm is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to otrcomm For This Useful Post:
scary alien (June 28th, 2013)
Old June 28th, 2013, 10:58 AM   #40 (permalink)
not really so scary
 
scary alien's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Indy
Posts: 17,717
 
Device(s): LG Nexus 5, Asus Nexus 7, Samsung Galaxy Nexus, Moto Droid X, HTC Droid Eris
Carrier: T-Mobile

Thanks: 33,550
Thanked 15,271 Times in 7,524 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by otrcomm View Post
Thanks muchly! "mount | grep ext" showed me ... /system ext4 ... so I should be safe to do OTAs.

Today my task is to get an SSHD server running on my phone so I can connect to it via putty or securecrt.
No problem--glad it worked for you!

I think there are apps that will run an SSH server for you (I seem to remember trying SSHDroid a long while back).

Cheers!
scary alien is online now  
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old June 28th, 2013, 12:50 PM   #41 (permalink)
AF Contributor
 
noseph's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Indian Land, SC
Gender: Male
Posts: 169
 
Device(s): VZW Galaxy Nexus (CM11), HP Touchpad (CM11)
Carrier: Verizon

Thanks: 35
Thanked 34 Times in 27 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by otrcomm View Post
Anyway, today I got notice through the Verizon Software Updater that there was an update for my phone. Since I have rooted my phone, I did not allow the upgrade, but did download it. It is called VS840PP3_02.S3_02.P58019.R5.cab. I saw where noseph has a repository of all the lucid cabs, so just wanted to make the cab I got today available to add to his collection. I could start a dropbox account and leave it there if anyone wants it.
I was able to download the PP2 and PP3 cabs and will create a Optimus Exceed folder in my LG Lucid Repository.
sammyz likes this.
noseph is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old September 29th, 2013, 01:18 AM   #42 (permalink)
Member
 
wiisixtyfour's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Southern California, USA
Gender: Male
Posts: 108
 
Device(s): Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini SCH-I435, LG Lucid 2 VS870, LG Lucid VS840 running CM10, Coby Kyros MID7015B
Carrier: Verizon

Thanks: 10
Thanked 40 Times in 29 Posts
Default

Here's ZV9 http://csmgdl.lgmobile.com/swdata/WDLSW/LGVS840/AVRZBK/VS840ZV9_05/VS840ZV9_05.S9_05.P58016.R5.cab

Here's a mirror as well: https://googledrive.com/host/0B6qm6EiEv6LSTjNUUVczU2h4M1k/VS840ZV9_05.S9_05.P58016.R5.cab

(Or you can see my whole folder of Lucid Firmwares: https://googledrive.com/host/0B6qm6EiEv6LSTjNUUVczU2h4M1k/ )
wylee likes this.
wiisixtyfour is offline  
Last edited by wiisixtyfour; September 29th, 2013 at 02:27 AM. Reason: add mirror links
Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to wiisixtyfour For This Useful Post:
felixjohan (September 29th, 2013), JRAY (January 19th, 2014), noseph (September 29th, 2013), sammyz (September 29th, 2013), scary alien (September 29th, 2013), wylee (October 11th, 2013)
Old January 19th, 2014, 10:52 PM   #43 (permalink)
New Member
 
bmw9651's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: NC
Gender: Male
Posts: 12
 
Device(s): VS840PP LG
Carrier: Verizon

Thanks: 0
Thanked 4 Times in 3 Posts
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammyz View Post
So I've decided to keep firmware in this thread all in one nice place where it's easily accessible and no need to find posts manually.

VS840 firmware:
Oldest firmware I could find:
ZV5_00

Other Firmware (Forbidden links ):
ZV6_06
ZV7_07


Current Firmware: ZV8_05

Alternatives to ZV5 and ZV6:
https://www.box.com/shared/hpapn930pad7afw85bth

Alternative to ZV7:
https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B6qm6EiEv6LSVXU4aUY5OVl2MXc/preview?pli=1

------------------------------------------------------------
LG Optimus Exceed VS840PP Firmware:
http://csmgdl.lgmobile.com/swdata/WDLSW/LGVS840PP/AVRZTN/VS840PP2_02/VS840PP2_02.S2_02.P58017.R5.cab

How to Flash firmware: [GUIDE] Unbrick LG Lucid

Credits:
noseph for ZV5/6 alternative links
wiisixtyfour for ZV7 alternative link
bdk123 for making the unbrick guide
anyone I'm forgetting??? PM me and let me know

If there is any newer/older firmware, this would be the thread to post about it as well as alternative links.
Well Today 1/9/2014 I got past the locked bootloader and rooted my vs840pp3 with busybox and downloaded superuser and now have superuser permissions!!!!. ad block plus is working great and now i can continue to shape this phone the way i want it and block and or remove all the bullshit they put on the phone. I do not know what program did it but i know i put in a lot of time trying different shit. Thank you to all the fine people on this forum who helped me to find my way to root.
bmw9651 is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bmw9651 For This Useful Post:
felixjohan (January 20th, 2014), scary alien (January 19th, 2014)
Old January 28th, 2014, 04:52 PM   #44 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Jackson, MS
Gender: Male
Posts: 1
 
Device(s): At&t Nokia E71x Verizon LG Optimus Exceed
Carrier: Att prepaid, Verizon prepaid

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
joeadams@1homepro.com
Default Help!!

I recently acquired what i thought was lg lucid...not knowing there was a difference I rooted the device and using rom manager flashed cwm ... well immediately there was error booting into recovery and while attempting a master reset of the phone I am now bricked at the the same error screen and cant boot the device at all.. google search brings me here and i am a member albeit junior but when i click on link to download lg exceed firmware i get access denied error... i apologize in advance if im missing something... thanks for any help in this situation ... been bricked for almost a week now....
JoeMoney is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old January 29th, 2014, 07:19 AM   #45 (permalink)
AF Contributor
 
noseph's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Indian Land, SC
Gender: Male
Posts: 169
 
Device(s): VZW Galaxy Nexus (CM11), HP Touchpad (CM11)
Carrier: Verizon

Thanks: 35
Thanked 34 Times in 27 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeMoney View Post
I recently acquired what i thought was lg lucid...not knowing there was a difference I rooted the device and using rom manager flashed cwm ... well immediately there was error booting into recovery and while attempting a master reset of the phone I am now bricked at the the same error screen and cant boot the device at all.. google search brings me here and i am a member albeit junior but when i click on link to download lg exceed firmware i get access denied error... i apologize in advance if im missing something... thanks for any help in this situation ... been bricked for almost a week now....
You should be able to find what you need in my
LG Lucid Repository, there is a Optimus Exceed folder there.
scary alien likes this.
noseph is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to noseph For This Useful Post:
Balakov (June 24th, 2014), scary alien (January 29th, 2014)
Reply


Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > LG Lucid > Lucid - All Things Root
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:18 PM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.