Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > LG Marquee > Marquee - All Things Root

Get excited for the Samsung Galaxy S5! Find everything you need and discuss it in our Galaxy S5 Forum!

Like Tree20Likes
  • 1 Post By lMonsterl
  • 1 Post By realizm
  • 4 Post By tombob
  • 7 Post By Bloodawn
  • 2 Post By Slug
  • 4 Post By PlayfulGod

Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old September 13th, 2012, 12:32 AM   #1 (permalink)
Senior Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
lMonsterl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: U.S.
Posts: 1,313
 
Device(s): | Galaxy SIII-d2spr | CM10 |
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 209
Thanked 603 Times in 310 Posts
Default JB/CM10 Development Thread

opti black

Quote:
Originally Posted by BPaul
This in real developement CyanogenMod 10 ROM
Development named as Black Jelly Bean Project

Download link.
Jelly Bean CM10 - 4.1.1 - V2.zip - Jelly Bean CM10 - 4.1.1 - V2.zip - 149.31 Mb (Thanks Kolia33)

GoogleApps
Goo.im Downloads - Downloading gapps-jb-20120726-signed.zip - gapps-jb-20120726-signed.zip

Fixes
- HDPI Framework fix: https://docs.google.com/open?id=0B3d8VOcqVizNemk3cVgtUVZVZDA

Credits.
ocovarr112
Koila33
FOP team
gabwerkz
chenleicpp
and other (from OP forum)
CyanogenDefy
dhiru1602
jerpelia (FXP)

Sources here https://github.com/paul-xxx


[ALPHA][ROM][P970] CM10 Unofficial - (DEVELOPEMENT) - xda-developers
k28king1 likes this.

__________________
Like what u see? Hit "Thanks"
------------------
Donations Appreciated! PAYPAL
GitHub
lMonsterl is offline  
Last edited by lMonsterl; September 13th, 2012 at 01:05 AM.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to lMonsterl For This Useful Post:
cjreyes666 (September 13th, 2012), ghostxxx (September 17th, 2012), homegilla (September 13th, 2012), k28king1 (September 13th, 2012), tdm (September 13th, 2012), The~Skater~187 (September 13th, 2012)
sponsored links
Old September 13th, 2012, 12:51 AM   #2 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Chaparral, NM
Posts: 146
 
Device(s): OG DROID BUGLESS BEAST, HTC THUNDERBOLT, GINGERITIES 3D, LG MARQUEE CTMOD3.6.8 HYPER2.0
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 24
Thanked 12 Times in 12 Posts
Default

Holy s
cjreyes666 is offline  
Old September 13th, 2012, 12:55 AM   #3 (permalink)
AF Contributor
 
wetbiker7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Southern California
Gender: Male
Posts: 6,666
 
Device(s): SamsungGalaxy S3, LG Marquee, Asus TF300T 32GB w/ dock, SamsungGalaxy Prevail
Carrier: Boost

Thanks: 1,671
Thanked 2,703 Times in 1,824 Posts
Default

Sweet!
__________________
Is there a reason you're not rooted yet??
Do the right thing and hit THANKS!
wetbiker7 is online now  
Old September 13th, 2012, 01:02 AM   #4 (permalink)
New Member
 
toxicinks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 13
 
Device(s): HTC EVO V 4g
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 1
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

is it usable has it been tested? if so what bugs
toxicinks is offline  
Old September 13th, 2012, 08:21 AM   #5 (permalink)
Member
 
smokinjoe1979's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Camdenton,MO
Posts: 194
 
Device(s): Boost Phones LG Marquee(Megatron 6.1.1), Galaxy SII(Wftn 4.2.2 JB)
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 158
Thanked 15 Times in 15 Posts
Default

Whats done. - No checked
1. lights
2. camera from source (60% functionaly and correct preview)
3. gralloc
4. opengl render
5. ramdisk
6. vibration
7. face unlock

Bugs.
- sdcard
- wifi
- bluetooth
- ril
- audio
- Index - GitHub - VK - Facebook - Google+ - OXP -
smokinjoe1979 is offline  
Old September 13th, 2012, 08:22 AM   #6 (permalink)
Member
 
smokinjoe1979's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Camdenton,MO
Posts: 194
 
Device(s): Boost Phones LG Marquee(Megatron 6.1.1), Galaxy SII(Wftn 4.2.2 JB)
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 158
Thanked 15 Times in 15 Posts
Default

That's the info posted on XDA website. I'm sure it's only working for Optimus Black. But holy crap. Already JB.....
smokinjoe1979 is offline  
Old September 13th, 2012, 10:44 AM   #7 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 178
 
Device(s): Nexus 4
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 45
Thanked 17 Times in 12 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by smokinjoe1979 View Post
That's the info posted on XDA website. I'm sure it's only working for Optimus Black. But holy crap. Already JB.....
That's just to tease you. We not getting anything close to a working cm9 let alone jb/cm10.
No GPS
No mms(boost)
No camera
Its been this way and I don't see it changing.
All this will do is put more half ass non functional roms in the forums
Glad my unlocked Gnex will be here in a few days.
Imagine roughly 20 fully functional jb rooms. Can't wait!
realizm is offline  
Old September 13th, 2012, 11:37 AM   #8 (permalink)
New Member
 
helpmeNC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Gvegas, NC
Posts: 11
 
Device(s): LG Marquee (Boost)
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 8
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Default

Become a developer and you won't have anything to complain about cause you could fix all the problems yourself. I'm just saying. These people have lives and jobs and they're not here to cater to your every rom desire.

Sent from my LG-LS855 using Tapatalk 2
helpmeNC is offline  
Old September 13th, 2012, 11:40 AM   #9 (permalink)
Member
 
Phrant1c's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Chicago
Posts: 283
 
Device(s): LG-LG855 Marquee (Boost)
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 41
Thanked 76 Times in 56 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by realizm View Post
That's just to tease you. We not getting anything close to a working cm9 let alone jb/cm10.
No GPS
No mms(boost)
No camera
Its been this way and I don't see it changing.
All this will do is put more half ass non functional roms in the forums
Glad my unlocked Gnex will be here in a few days.
Imagine roughly 20 fully functional jb rooms. Can't wait!
They have already made some progress on the camera in cm9. Mms seems dependant on baseband after apn configuration. I'm sure the nexus will be awesome for you, but that's no reason to be a Negative Nancy and discredit the work that so many have put into these roms. Remember without these "half ass roms" you'd still be rocking GB. At least the devs have been nice enough to give you a reason to gripe.

Unless this is some form of reverse psychology?

This AOKP is amazingly responsive. For the benefits you gain, a camera is an acceptable loss for now. I dont use a camera enough for it to effect my daily usage of this. I have managed to get my mms working on boost with the fix i had posted before. So its a far cry to say we will never have anything close to a working CM9 because we arent very far off when you look at all the things wrong with some of the other roms floating around.
Phrant1c is offline  
Last edited by Phrant1c; September 13th, 2012 at 11:49 AM.
Old September 13th, 2012, 12:14 PM   #10 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 178
 
Device(s): Nexus 4
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 45
Thanked 17 Times in 12 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phrant1c View Post
They have already made some progress on the camera in cm9. Mms seems dependant on baseband after apn configuration. I'm sure the nexus will be awesome for you, but that's no reason to be a Negative Nancy and discredit the work that so many have put into these roms. Remember without these "half ass roms" you'd still be rocking GB. At least the devs have been nice enough to give you a reason to gripe.

Unless this is some form of reverse psychology?

This AOKP is amazingly responsive. For the benefits you gain, a camera is an acceptable loss for now. I dont use a camera enough for it to effect my daily usage of this. I have managed to get my mms working on boost with the fix i had posted before. So its a far cry to say we will never have anything close to a working CM9 because we arent very far off when you look at all the things wrong with some of the other roms floating around.
Gee how long has it been since the CM9 alphas release?...This much of a lull the dev has given up. By the time the Marquee gets a working camera on CM9 I will have installed Key Lime Pie OTA on my Nexus. For some reason or another the devs for this phone seem to just ignore the shit that doesnt work and continue to develop what does. How long has there been "some progress" with the camera? As long as I can remember.

You know what if you want to develop a ROM for a phone and release tons of shit in a short period of time people actually expect you to continue till the kinks are worked out. Crazy I know. But it's pretty shitty to give a bunch of patiently waiting testers and alpha users a false sense of hope. Exactly the case here. Either that or their content with broken shit.

Your fix for mms didn't work for myself and many others. Glad you have MMS though, means alot!

Not trying to be a negative nancy. Just can't understand the logic of starting something without giving a fat shit whether or not you finish the job. Why bother to begin with??
Phrant1c likes this.
realizm is offline  
sponsored links
Old September 13th, 2012, 12:25 PM   #11 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 178
 
Device(s): Nexus 4
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 45
Thanked 17 Times in 12 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by helpmeNC View Post
Become a developer and you won't have anything to complain about cause you could fix all the problems yourself. I'm just saying. These people have lives and jobs and they're not here to cater to your every rom desire.

Sent from my LG-LS855 using Tapatalk 2
I realize that.
They had a life and a job when they started this shit too. So that whole lives and jobs bullshit really is a lame out. In fact, I'll just use that excuse for every project in life that I start and simply don't feel like finishing. I have a life and a job. Blah blah blah. Sorry. Oh well. Life and job.
realizm is offline  
Old September 13th, 2012, 12:40 PM   #12 (permalink)
Member
 
Phrant1c's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Chicago
Posts: 283
 
Device(s): LG-LG855 Marquee (Boost)
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 41
Thanked 76 Times in 56 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by realizm View Post
Gee how long has it been since the CM9 alphas release?...This much of a lull the dev has given up. By the time the Marquee gets a working camera on CM9 I will have installed Key Lime Pie OTA on my Nexus. For some reason or another the devs for this phone seem to just ignore the shit that doesnt work and continue to develop what does. How long has there been "some progress" with the camera? As long as I can remember.

You know what if you want to develop a ROM for a phone and release tons of shit in a short period of time people actually expect you to continue till the kinks are worked out. Crazy I know. But it's pretty shitty to give a bunch of patiently waiting testers and alpha users a false sense of hope. Exactly the case here. Either that or their content with broken shit.

Your fix for mms didn't work for myself and many others. Glad you have MMS though, means alot!

Not trying to be a negative nancy. Just can't understand the logic of starting something without giving a fat shit whether or not you finish the job. Why bother to begin with??
I completely understand where your coming from. As you said us as alpha testers patiently waiting can get frustrating. Most responses say fix it yourself, though most lack the experience to do so. My experience is minimal, and although it didnt work for everyone, i took it UPON MYSELF to fix the mms issue on my phone. I offered the "fix" for others so they could atleast try it. If it didnt work, they are still in the same boat. Regardless, there was an issue with the rom i did not feel like waiting to see if it got fixed, so i fixed it FOR ME. A handful of others were able to profit from it, so even with my minimal experience i was able to troubleshoot and repair mms.

I'm not trying to put you down, but if we dont take some steps ourselves we cant really complain about it not working. Even if you cant fix it due to constraints, lack of experience, or "having a life", posting your observation can go a long way in someone who has the experience taking a whack at it.

Bottom line, there isnt always someone there to fix things for us. CM9 isnt the only project they are working on, and this is not the only forum they are using. But if you never look into the issue yourself, you will never learn the skills to take you to the next level.
Phrant1c is offline  
Old September 13th, 2012, 12:46 PM   #13 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 178
 
Device(s): Nexus 4
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 45
Thanked 17 Times in 12 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phrant1c View Post
I completely understand where your coming from. As you said us as alpha testers patiently waiting can get frustrating. Most responses say fix it yourself, though most lack the experience to do so. My experience is minimal, and although it didnt work for everyone, i took it UPON MYSELF to fix the mms issue on my phone. I offered the "fix" for others so they could atleast try it. If it didnt work, they are still in the same boat. Regardless, there was an issue with the rom i did not feel like waiting to see if it got fixed, so i fixed it FOR ME. A handful of others were able to profit from it, so even with my minimal experience i was able to troubleshoot and repair mms.

I'm not trying to put you down, but if we dont take some steps ourselves we cant really complain about it not working. Even if you cant fix it due to constraints, lack of experience, or "having a life", posting your observation can go a long way in someone who has the experience taking a whack at it.

Bottom line, there isnt always someone there to fix things for us. CM9 isnt the only project they are working on, and this is not the only forum they are using. But if you never look into the issue yourself, you will never learn the skills to take you to the next level.
I've done testing Phrantic.
I've relayed any and all issues I've had. With what limited knowledge I do have I've been able solve handfuls of problems for myself and many others. I've wanted to try my hand at developing for this phone. When I get my Nexus I may very well try. Not sure. If I do you can bet your ass I won't quit till it's money
realizm is offline  
Old September 13th, 2012, 01:22 PM   #14 (permalink)
Member
 
tombob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 154
 
Device(s): LG Marquee
Carrier: Sprint

Thanks: 241
Thanked 40 Times in 32 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by realizm View Post
I realize that.
They had a life and a job when they started this shit too. So that whole lives and jobs bullshit really is a lame out. In fact, I'll just use that excuse for every project in life that I start and simply don't feel like finishing. I have a life and a job. Blah blah blah. Sorry. Oh well. Life and job.
I know exactly what you mean realizm. Somebody gave me a free car once for no reason at all, but damnit it was only a Honda! I told them screw you, give me a Mercedes like I deserve!
tombob is online now  
Old September 13th, 2012, 02:22 PM   #15 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
The~Skater~187's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Connecticut
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,375
 
Device(s): Prevail}HoneyBread6 /K.K.2.5 w/Ubuntu(chroot) Marquee}MegaTron/Hyper 2.2 w/Ubuntu(chroot) N7}AOKP
Carrier: Your Mom

Thanks: 422
Thanked 457 Times in 271 Posts
theskaterdad187@gmail.com
Default

Why do these development threads keep turning into complaint and pessimism threads?
__________________
~<Remember Thanks Goes A Long Way>~
187MoD-HoneyBread + Genocide-Kernels
The~Skater~187 is online now  
The Following User Says Thank You to The~Skater~187 For This Useful Post:
Lordvincent 90 (September 13th, 2012)
Old September 13th, 2012, 02:25 PM   #16 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Bloodawn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Illinois
Gender: Male
Posts: 2,176
 
Device(s): Nexus 4
Carrier: T-Mobile

Thanks: 244
Thanked 2,655 Times in 882 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by realizm View Post
That's just to tease you. We not getting anything close to a working cm9 let alone jb/cm10.
No GPS
No mms(boost)
No camera
Its been this way and I don't see it changing.
All this will do is put more half ass non functional roms in the forums
Glad my unlocked Gnex will be here in a few days.
Imagine roughly 20 fully functional jb rooms. Can't wait!
How are you going to call alpha releases for a new OS half assed? Its a ****ing alpha, nobody has promised you that shit would be fully working or a time for releases. If the current bugs could be fixed so easily then they wouldn't exist in the first place.

And of course the galaxy nexus or phones like it are going to have that many roms, they have a ****load of devs and users and they actually get official releases for shit. The marquee is just some prepaid phone released with GB 2.3.4 that really nobody cares about except for the people that post here which isn't many and 4 devs to try and make it better.

Shit takes time.
__________________
Goo - Github
Bloodawn is offline  
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Bloodawn For This Useful Post:
homegilla (September 13th, 2012), lMonsterl (October 11th, 2012), Lordvincent 90 (September 13th, 2012), smokinjoe1979 (September 13th, 2012), The~Skater~187 (September 13th, 2012), tombob (September 13th, 2012), wetbiker7 (September 13th, 2012)
Old September 13th, 2012, 04:52 PM   #17 (permalink)
Check six!
 
Slug's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Inverness, UK
Gender: Male
Posts: 17,422
 
Device(s): Sony Xperia Z
Carrier: EE

Thanks: 2,651
Thanked 10,877 Times in 5,527 Posts
Send a message via Skype™ to Slug slugbrem@gmail.com
Default

Please keep criticism constructive and polite, and remember that ROM development is a voluntary effort. IOW no developer owes anyone anything. The very fact that they are attempting to do something that the device manufacturers themselves won't deserves some kudos.
PlayfulGod and Lordvincent 90 like this.
Slug is online now  
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Slug For This Useful Post:
Lordvincent 90 (September 13th, 2012), Minombre2001 (September 14th, 2012)
Old September 13th, 2012, 05:35 PM   #18 (permalink)
ROM Developer
 
PlayfulGod's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: NW Georgia
Gender: Male
Posts: 8,053
 
Device(s): Galaxy Nexus, Nexus 7, LG Spirit, LG Motion, ZTE Sequent
Carrier: T-Mobile

Thanks: 233
Thanked 4,883 Times in 2,054 Posts
Default

The best Dev you can have for your device is a dev that uses the same device, they will care more about getting it fully functional, IF its within their skill set. You have to keep in mind most Android Devs, esp those of us who dev for the prepaid devices dont do this for a living, yea some of us may be in the computer field some place, but android is just a hobby, we do it to learn something new, share what we learn, for free mind you, and spend countless hours working on shyt.

Some times we hit walls when working on things like CM9/10, and not only have we might have reached the limits of our knowledge and have to search out the answers, learn new methods, etc, etc, we still have our daily lives to live.

And if a Dev doesnt use the same device he is dev'ing for, well that means he wants to play with his device from time to time too. And then you have those like me that attempt to help out several devices, often at the same time, it becomes overwhelming, and become very frustrating when when we take time to interact on the forums and all we read is people bitching n complaining about what we've NOT DONE, and nothing about what all we have done, and again all done for free.

Sit back be patient, and be grateful for what you do get, otherwise, fire up your favorite browser and start google on how to do it yourself, then you might grasp how much time & work is involved.
__________________
Official Donate link if you like my work and would like to show your appreciation and support. All donations are greatly appreciated!!

PlayfulDroidz Wiki
UPP
PlayfulGod is offline  
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PlayfulGod For This Useful Post:
Rxpert83 (September 13th, 2012), Slug (September 14th, 2012)
Old September 13th, 2012, 06:04 PM   #19 (permalink)
ROM Developer
 
PlayfulGod's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: NW Georgia
Gender: Male
Posts: 8,053
 
Device(s): Galaxy Nexus, Nexus 7, LG Spirit, LG Motion, ZTE Sequent
Carrier: T-Mobile

Thanks: 233
Thanked 4,883 Times in 2,054 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloodawn View Post
How are you going to call alpha releases for a new OS half assed? Its a ****ing alpha, nobody has promised you that shit would be fully working or a time for releases. If the current bugs could be fixed so easily then they wouldn't exist in the first place.

And of course the galaxy nexus or phones like it are going to have that many roms, they have a ****load of devs and users and they actually get official releases for shit. The marquee is just some prepaid phone released with GB 2.3.4 that really nobody cares about except for the people that post here which isn't many and 4 devs to try and make it better.

Shit takes time.
the Nexus devices actually have full sources released for it too, so no figuring out the device & vendor trees for them, sync and build with aosp, and edit as needed for CM/AOKP, etc.

And for anyone who ever has downloaded the source LG provides know how f***ed up they do shyt and how their shyt with the exception of the kernel src is about useless, with the exception of 2 devices I think its been and even still, not really usable with CM/AOKP.

If the masses only knew what all it takes behind the scenes.
PlayfulGod is offline  
Old September 13th, 2012, 06:24 PM   #20 (permalink)
Member
 
tombob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 154
 
Device(s): LG Marquee
Carrier: Sprint

Thanks: 241
Thanked 40 Times in 32 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlayfulGod View Post
If the masses only knew what all it takes behind the scenes.
True, we don't really know but that doesn't mean we don't appreciate it, well with the one exception of realism that is. So thanks.
tombob is online now  
sponsored links
Old September 13th, 2012, 06:39 PM   #21 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: NYC
Posts: 515
 
Device(s): LG Esteem(LD-ICS v1.2 GSE + 360 Launcher), Samsung Galaxy Indulge, LG Optimus M
Carrier: Metro PCS

Thanks: 434
Thanked 45 Times in 38 Posts
Default

1. Given the huge advances of phones coming out now thru the holidays into first month of next year (the longest reasonable wait period)I don't see the point of wanting further development on one's presently dated and/or budget model.
I'd actually prefer updating model and having development shift over to that...to the point of stopping all work on my present model if need be.

2. I'd recommend avoiding extreme budgeting when purchasing a phone:
say, a combo of not getting top of the line + buying substantially after release date (when price has been lowered).
With the lesser customer base, don't expect too much Dev work; & very soon thereafter improved releases will put one back at point #1.

3. It can take entire corporations with dedicated Dev legions & limitless resources many months / years to update/port/patch.

4. In life we usually get what we pay for:
the best chance at speedy & plentiful modding is often to shell out the bucks for a top of the line / very popular model.
horsecharles is offline  
Last edited by horsecharles; September 13th, 2012 at 06:43 PM.
Old September 13th, 2012, 07:43 PM   #22 (permalink)
ROM Developer
 
PlayfulGod's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: NW Georgia
Gender: Male
Posts: 8,053
 
Device(s): Galaxy Nexus, Nexus 7, LG Spirit, LG Motion, ZTE Sequent
Carrier: T-Mobile

Thanks: 233
Thanked 4,883 Times in 2,054 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by horsecharles View Post
1. Given the huge advances of phones coming out now thru the holidays into first month of next year (the longest reasonable wait period)I don't see the point of wanting further development on one's presently dated and/or budget model.
I'd actually prefer updating model and having development shift over to that...to the point of stopping all work on my present model if need be.

2. I'd recommend avoiding extreme budgeting when purchasing a phone:
say, a combo of not getting top of the line + buying substantially after release date (when price has been lowered).
With the lesser customer base, don't expect too much Dev work; & very soon thereafter improved releases will put one back at point #1.

3. It can take entire corporations with dedicated Dev legions & limitless resources many months / years to update/port/patch.

4. In life we usually get what we pay for:
the best chance at speedy & plentiful modding is often to shell out the bucks for a top of the line / very popular model.
This is very true, popularity with a device plays a major role in its development scene, along with what dev(s) take interest in the device as well. Some time devs just want a challenge n pick up development on a device to see if they can do it. And let me tell you, this can bite you in the ass some times as I have learned with the Esteem.

What it boils down to is this, if you want a device with a huge dev scene with lots to choose from mod wise, spend the extra for a Nexus etc, or at least reseach the device to see whats available for it prior to purchase. Some devices get the Dev's attention at release, other dont ever seen any dev support regardless of specs or carrier. The top dawgs usually have shyt being developed for them prior to official release too.
PlayfulGod is offline  
Old September 14th, 2012, 02:30 AM   #23 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: NYC
Posts: 515
 
Device(s): LG Esteem(LD-ICS v1.2 GSE + 360 Launcher), Samsung Galaxy Indulge, LG Optimus M
Carrier: Metro PCS

Thanks: 434
Thanked 45 Times in 38 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlayfulGod View Post
This is very true, popularity with a device plays a major role in its development scene, along with what dev(s) take interest in the device as well. Some time devs just want a challenge n pick up development on a device to see if they can do it. And let me tell you, this can bite you in the ass some times as I have learned with the Esteem.

What it boils down to is this, if you want a device with a huge dev scene with lots to choose from mod wise, spend the extra for a Nexus etc, or at least reseach the device to see whats available for it prior to purchase. Some devices get the Dev's attention at release, other dont ever seen any dev support regardless of specs or carrier. The top dawgs usually have shyt being developed for them prior to official release too.
I would daresay personal pride will not allow you to just walk away from Esteem, but present and looming hardware just seems so much more advanced.

I can envision you being very successful with hardware modding... memory, antennae.... improving phones and allowing more carrier choices(bring some tablet over to Metro on our own)... we could have a real fun modding and soldering Thread...

Off-topic, but i backed away from Motion due to my failing eyesight and fat fingers on the smaller screen-- and w/o hdmi to boot.
It's going to be a long wait by also passing up the s3...figure another 3 months + to the next batch of phones & hopefully tablet...
horsecharles is offline  
Old September 14th, 2012, 06:31 AM   #24 (permalink)
ROM Developer
 
PlayfulGod's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: NW Georgia
Gender: Male
Posts: 8,053
 
Device(s): Galaxy Nexus, Nexus 7, LG Spirit, LG Motion, ZTE Sequent
Carrier: T-Mobile

Thanks: 233
Thanked 4,883 Times in 2,054 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by horsecharles View Post
I would daresay personal pride will not allow you to just walk away from Esteem, but present and looming hardware just seems so much more advanced.

I can envision you being very successful with hardware modding... memory, antennae.... improving phones and allowing more carrier choices(bring some tablet over to Metro on our own)... we could have a real fun modding and soldering Thread...

Off-topic, but i backed away from Motion due to my failing eyesight and fat fingers on the smaller screen-- and w/o hdmi to boot.
It's going to be a long wait by also passing up the s3...figure another 3 months + to the next batch of phones & hopefully tablet...
I got the wife & I the Nexus 7 and my GNexus suppose to be here today.

And yea, the Esteem is something I started, so I wont quit on it, everyone else may have by the time I get it all working but hey.. I'm trying lol
PlayfulGod is offline  
Old September 14th, 2012, 09:05 AM   #25 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: NYC
Posts: 515
 
Device(s): LG Esteem(LD-ICS v1.2 GSE + 360 Launcher), Samsung Galaxy Indulge, LG Optimus M
Carrier: Metro PCS

Thanks: 434
Thanked 45 Times in 38 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlayfulGod View Post
I got the wife & I the Nexus 7 and my GNexus suppose to be here today.

And yea, the Esteem is something I started, so I wont quit on it, everyone else may have by the time I get it all working but hey.. I'm trying lol
You going sprint or one of its mvno's?
horsecharles is offline  
Old September 14th, 2012, 01:37 PM   #26 (permalink)
ROM Developer
 
PlayfulGod's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: NW Georgia
Gender: Male
Posts: 8,053
 
Device(s): Galaxy Nexus, Nexus 7, LG Spirit, LG Motion, ZTE Sequent
Carrier: T-Mobile

Thanks: 233
Thanked 4,883 Times in 2,054 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by horsecharles View Post
You going sprint or one of its mvno's?
international/GSM model and going with tmobiles $60 monthly plan.
PlayfulGod is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to PlayfulGod For This Useful Post:
horsecharles (September 14th, 2012)
Old September 14th, 2012, 04:33 PM   #27 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: NYC
Posts: 515
 
Device(s): LG Esteem(LD-ICS v1.2 GSE + 360 Launcher), Samsung Galaxy Indulge, LG Optimus M
Carrier: Metro PCS

Thanks: 434
Thanked 45 Times in 38 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlayfulGod View Post
international/GSM model and going with tmobiles $60 monthly plan.
That's very tempting.
I've the old metro family plan, paying $125 for 4 lines, two are smart.
I'm gonna research how much more to do that at TMobile.
horsecharles is offline  
Closed Thread


Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > LG Marquee > Marquee - All Things Root
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:47 PM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.