June 4th, 2012, 03:59 PM
Thread Author (OP)
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: NW Georgia
Device(s): Galaxy Nexus, Nexus 7, LG Spirit, LG Motion, ZTE Sequent
Thanked 4,883 Times in 2,054 Posts
[CWM] Clockworkmod Recovery for the Huawei Mercury
: This has been tested and is fully working, but install at your own risk! I am not responsible if you break your phone!!!
I finally broke down n ported CWM for the Mercury myself since whom ever did the currently used cwm hasnt pushed to github n submitted it to koush.. This is built from the ics branch aka the base for the CWM Touch, meaning once submitted n officially built by koush CWM Touch should be available for those who choose the pay the $1 for it and have ROM Manager support.
- Download CWM 5 recovery.img
- Turn the phone off, then turn it on while holding vol.up + vol down.
- The screen becomes pink, connect the phone to your PC via usb cable, usb drive will be mounted
- Find file recovery.img, place it somewhere safe. Copy downloaded recovery image to where the old one was, and unplug usb cable.
- Turn off your phone (pull out battery) and turn it on holding volume up.
People to Thank
koush - for his kickass recovery.
jonhaney - for the instructions.
Romeo5k - for testing.
Last edited by PlayfulGod; June 4th, 2012 at 10:46 PM.