Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > ZTE AT&T Avail (ZTE Merit) > Merit - All Things Root

Like Tree16Likes

test: Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old January 21st, 2013, 07:23 AM   #1 (permalink)
Senior Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
stayboogy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 756
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 38
Thanked 232 Times in 126 Posts
Default [ROM] BLUE STEEL v2.0.777--777 Kernel + TouchNav, all versions, all setups [ROM]

BLUE STEEL v2.0.777
with
777Mhz Overclocked Kernel
and
TouchNav System Recovery Utility



***LOCK SCREEN GLITCH NOW FIXED***


FEATURES

TouchNav System Recovery Utility (both ext and vfat versions)
777Mhz Overclocked Kernel with ext4 and swap support
rooted
Blue Steel Themed
init.d scripting
custom cpu management--never go below 777mhz--user customizeable
dalvik-cache relocated to /dev
optimized for space
minimal ram usage
best, custom, system apps



Install one and done!!!


And all of this in only one update package file!!!
And it installs on any setup--any model, any version, any recovery!!!


Disclaimer: I am not responsible for any damage that may or may not result from the use of this rom or kernel. You are responsible for what happens to your device. USE AT YOUR OWN RISK.


NOTE: MAKE A BACKUP BEFORE YOU INSTALL THE ROM


NOTE: YOU CANNOT INSTALL THE ROM AND THEN JUST INSTALL ANOTHER BOOT.IMG. IF YOU DO SO, YOUR WIFI WILL NOT WORK BECAUSE ITS DRIVER HAS TO BE BUILT WITH THE KERNEL. IF YOU WANT A VERSION WITHOUT THE KERNEL, USE v2.0



DOWNLOADS

(remember to rename to update.zip if installing on stock recovery)

*wipe your data before you install. you can try to just delete your dalvik-cache, but if rom fails to boot then wipe all userdata and install again*

**first boot will hang at ZTE logo for nearly a minute sometimes. this is normal**

***all boots will be long because of the dalvik relocation and rebuild and because it is deodexed***



BLUE STEEL v2.0.770 with TouchNav System Recovery Utility (ext)

BLUE STEEL v2.0.770 with TouchNav System Recovery Utility (vfat)

THEME ONLY HERE


Attached Images
File Type: png droid@screen-6.png (3.1 KB, 154 views)
File Type: png droid@screen-21.png (25.1 KB, 142 views)
File Type: png droid@screen-3.png (11.6 KB, 144 views)
File Type: png droid@screen-4.png (32.8 KB, 153 views)
File Type: png droid@screen-1.png (103.8 KB, 151 views)
File Type: png freq1.png (6.4 KB, 121 views)
File Type: png droid@screen-2.png (7.3 KB, 123 views)
File Type: png about.png (16.7 KB, 133 views)

Advertisements
__________________
stayboogy is offline  
Last edited by stayboogy; January 30th, 2013 at 12:47 AM.
Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to stayboogy For This Useful Post:
Brekin72 (March 5th, 2013), codylaws88 (August 13th, 2013), Dandroid1979 (January 22nd, 2013), EnlightenedSha (April 12th, 2013), Kritter888 (July 23rd, 2013), ladyc222 (September 22nd, 2013), spike18801 (August 30th, 2013), tthomas824 (July 13th, 2013)
sponsored links
Old January 21st, 2013, 07:42 AM   #2 (permalink)
Senior Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
stayboogy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 756
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 38
Thanked 232 Times in 126 Posts
Default

reserved space
stayboogy is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to stayboogy For This Useful Post:
mrdreamers (July 22nd, 2013)
Old January 21st, 2013, 04:55 PM   #3 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
zajchik's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: SERBIA
Posts: 91
 
Device(s): ZTE roamer
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 57
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Default

stayboogy, I see that you were very valuable, and have
made a lot of good things. I was not able to
try your rom because it does not work in
Europe. Are you able to pass me, only the
kernel, or better yet make a euro version of
BLUE STEEL V2.0.
Btw your kernel to 800mhz is great.
Therefore I am very interested to try this
one.
THANK YOU
zajchik is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old January 22nd, 2013, 01:16 AM   #4 (permalink)
Senior Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
stayboogy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 756
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 38
Thanked 232 Times in 126 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by zajchik View Post
stayboogy, I see that you were very valuable, and have
made a lot of good things. I was not able to
try your rom because it does not work in
Europe. Are you able to pass me, only the
kernel, or better yet make a euro version of
BLUE STEEL V2.0.
Btw your kernel to 800mhz is great.
Therefore I am very interested to try this
one.
THANK YOU

did you wipe your data before you installed the rom? if not, that's why it failed most likely. you have to wipe your data before you install--or at least the dalvik-cache, but it's best to delete it all.

give me a link to an untouched stock nandroid of your european version and i'll see what i can do.

i'll be releasing a kernel only installer shortly
stayboogy is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old January 22nd, 2013, 06:39 AM   #5 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
zajchik's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: SERBIA
Posts: 91
 
Device(s): ZTE roamer
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 57
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Default

Actually ROMs based on merit and avail U.S. stock ROMs work on roamer, but in Europe they do not work SMS.
Everything else is great and functional. That's why there are special Euro ROMs MH-1.0e(Motorhead) and SFe-1.0 (jamespfassett) made on the basis vip serbija and vivo Brazil, because they are working on SMS in Europe. And that's the only reason.
link for vip Serbian stock rom
http://www.multiupload.com/A0S33SR2KB
zajchik is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old January 22nd, 2013, 06:49 AM   #6 (permalink)
Senior Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
stayboogy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 756
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 38
Thanked 232 Times in 126 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by zajchik View Post
Actually ROMs based on merit and avail U.S. stock ROMs work on roamer, but in Europe they do not work SMS.
Everything else is great and functional. That's why there are special Euro ROMs MH-1.0e(Motorhead) and SFe-1.0 (jamespfassett) made on the basis vip serbija and vivo Brazil, because they are working on SMS in Europe. And that's the only reason.
link for vip Serbian stock rom
http://www.multiupload.com/A0S33SR2KB
give me a real link,

not some adware crap and i'll whip something up sometime
stayboogy is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old January 22nd, 2013, 09:23 AM   #7 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
zajchik's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: SERBIA
Posts: 91
 
Device(s): ZTE roamer
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 57
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Default

All links I had are dead. I only have this,
ZTE Corporation Serbian. Nothing more I
can find.
Serbia - ZTE Corporation
zajchik is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old January 23rd, 2013, 09:44 AM   #8 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 7
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 3
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Great job stayboogy!! I'm having a problem however. Whenever my phone goes into sleep mode I have to do a battery pull and reboot the phone. Perhaps you could help me figure this out. I'm using a ZTE Merit and I tried both versions of this rom.
Dandroid1979 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old January 23rd, 2013, 10:15 AM   #9 (permalink)
Senior Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
stayboogy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 756
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 38
Thanked 232 Times in 126 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dandroid1979 View Post
Great job stayboogy!! I'm having a problem however. Whenever my phone goes into sleep mode I have to do a battery pull and reboot the phone. Perhaps you could help me figure this out. I'm using a ZTE Merit and I tried both versions of this rom.
i am aware of the issue, but

no, you don't have to do a battery pull

it's because of the overclocking in the kernel. when it goes to sleep, hit your back button and usually the screen will come back on. if that doesn't work, hit the back key and then the power key.

there is no way to fix this completely that i am aware of though.
stayboogy is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old January 23rd, 2013, 10:51 AM   #10 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 3
 
Device(s): ZTE Merit - Rooted
Carrier: StraightTalk

Thanks: 5
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default MD5 Sum Mismatch

vFat File

I placed the extracted contents into a folder I created on the SDcard in the CWM's backup folder.

Booted to CWM
Wiped user data
Wiped cache
Wiped dalvic cache
restored BlueSteel970 from the backup of CWM

Received MD5 sum Mismatch error

Suggestions?
Senew is offline  
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old January 23rd, 2013, 10:59 AM   #11 (permalink)
Senior Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
stayboogy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 756
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 38
Thanked 232 Times in 126 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senew View Post
vFat File

I placed the extracted contents into a folder I created on the SDcard in the CWM's backup folder.

Booted to CWM
Wiped user data
Wiped cache
Wiped dalvic cache
restored BlueSteel970 from the backup of CWM

Received MD5 sum Mismatch error

Suggestions?


read the first post.

this is a ROM NOT A NANDROID

you install the zip
stayboogy is offline  
Last edited by stayboogy; January 23rd, 2013 at 11:14 AM.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to stayboogy For This Useful Post:
Senew (January 23rd, 2013)
Old January 23rd, 2013, 01:41 PM   #12 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 7
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 3
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Thanks stayboogy, i'm gonna give it another shot right now. This ROM looks great!
Dandroid1979 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old January 23rd, 2013, 01:46 PM   #13 (permalink)
Senior Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
stayboogy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 756
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 38
Thanked 232 Times in 126 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dandroid1979 View Post
Thanks stayboogy, i'm gonna give it another shot right now. This ROM looks great!

i'm trying to work on making it more stable but it's not happening

you may want to wait until i get another version up. only it won't be oc'd so high

the 800 kernel did the same thing just not as much

i think it has something to do with the gpu and libs but i'm not positive at this point.
stayboogy is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old January 23rd, 2013, 03:13 PM   #14 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 7
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 3
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Good deal man. I'll def be looking forward to the next version.
Dandroid1979 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old January 24th, 2013, 05:57 AM   #15 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
zajchik's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: SERBIA
Posts: 91
 
Device(s): ZTE roamer
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 57
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Default

I installed your rom (EXT version), but I had a lot of problems.
1.On the first boot, I had two FC (android keyboard, VD Client).
2.ROM is not recognized my ext partition. (1 GB)
I tried to solve it so I made ​​a format and make new ext partition, but after that I had a bootloop and had to create a restore.
In fact I came to know him better test.
I wiped data fectory reset,wiped cesh partition,and delvic cesh.
Any idea why the rom does not recognize partition?
zajchik is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old January 24th, 2013, 06:50 AM   #16 (permalink)
Senior Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
stayboogy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 756
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 38
Thanked 232 Times in 126 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by zajchik View Post
I installed your rom (EXT version), but I had a lot of problems.
1.On the first boot, I had two FC (android keyboard, VD Client).
2.ROM is not recognized my ext partition. (1 GB)
I tried to solve it so I made ​​a format and make new ext partition, but after that I had a bootloop and had to create a restore.
In fact I came to know him better test.
I wiped data fectory reset,wiped cesh partition,and delvic cesh.
Any idea why the rom does not recognize partition?
first and foremost, there is nothing wrong with the rom. NOTHING. i've tested it thoroughly.

secondly, why are you still trying to use an American rom on a European device when you have already said once that it didn't work???

i'd say that is your problem. not the rom.
stayboogy is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old January 24th, 2013, 07:39 AM   #17 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
zajchik's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: SERBIA
Posts: 91
 
Device(s): ZTE roamer
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 57
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by stayboogy View Post
first and foremost, there is nothing wrong with the rom. NOTHING. i've tested it thoroughly.

secondly, why are you still trying to use an American rom on a European device when you have already said once that it didn't work???

i'd say that is your problem. not the rom.
Sorry if I broke down, the average performance of your rom. But I said that the only problem in European phones, is dysfunctional SMS . Everything works perfectly. I've tried a lot of ROMs Motorhead, James, Anthony, out of ideas, and all the sms was the only problem.
I'm not in one word, I did not say that your rom is not good, but I'm wondering, is there a possibility that I'm wrong in the installation of the Rom.
Ok I will not bother you more, by trying your roms.Tasting your ROMs will no longer happen.
Sorry again.
zajchik is offline  
Last edited by zajchik; January 24th, 2013 at 08:07 AM.
Reply With Quote
Old January 24th, 2013, 11:25 AM   #18 (permalink)
Senior Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
stayboogy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 756
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 38
Thanked 232 Times in 126 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by zajchik View Post
Sorry if I broke down, the average performance of your rom. But I said that the only problem in European phones, is dysfunctional SMS . Everything works perfectly. I've tried a lot of ROMs Motorhead, James, Anthony, out of ideas, and all the sms was the only problem.
I'm not in one word, I did not say that your rom is not good, but I'm wondering, is there a possibility that I'm wrong in the installation of the Rom.
Ok I will not bother you more, by trying your roms.Tasting your ROMs will no longer happen.
Sorry again.
well do what you want.

all i know is that the rom is fine. there's nothing in it that would effect your keyboard in any way.

also, there has been nothing changed about this rom or kernel that would effect whether or not it would see your ext partition.

the things you say are problems are not related to the rom at all because it has no bearing on those things that i can see.

that's what i'm telling you.

let me say this--95% of the time people complain and moan about something being wrong or not working, it's because of USER ERROR and not the dev or the rom / kernel's fault.

and in my experience, people's complaints have been because they generally just don't know what the hell they are doing in the first place.

and another thing is that you can threaten not to use my stuff all you want--i really don't care. you're not a customer and you aren't paying me to use my products that i've spent HUNDREDS of hours developing. i release this stuff out of kindness so that others can enjoy them--not because i care one way or the other what you or anyone else thinks of them or me.

complaining and threatening will not get you anywhere with me.
blue_angel likes this.
stayboogy is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old January 25th, 2013, 04:02 PM   #19 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 7
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 3
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

I've been using this ROM for 2 days now and the new kernel works great. The ROM itself has a good feel to it. So far this is my favorite out there. I'm having no issues with fc's or the lockscreen. Looking forward to more of your work Stayboogy. Job well done!
stayboogy likes this.
Dandroid1979 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old January 25th, 2013, 04:06 PM   #20 (permalink)
Senior Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
stayboogy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 756
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 38
Thanked 232 Times in 126 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dandroid1979 View Post
I've been using this ROM for 2 days now and the new kernel works great. The ROM itself has a good feel to it. So far this is my favorite out there. I'm having no issues with fc's or the lockscreen. Looking forward to more of your work Stayboogy. Job well done!

thanks.
stayboogy is offline  
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old January 30th, 2013, 12:47 AM   #21 (permalink)
Senior Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
stayboogy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 756
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 38
Thanked 232 Times in 126 Posts
Default

rom and links updated
stayboogy is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old February 5th, 2013, 08:28 PM   #22 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: USA, Pennsylvania.
Gender: Male
Posts: 156
 
Device(s): ZTE MERIT Z990G ROOTED [ROM] BLUE STEEL v2.0.777
Carrier: StraightTalk

Thanks: 17
Thanked 36 Times in 34 Posts
joshua.redfield@gmail.com
Default

Having some issues flashing this ROM.

TouchNav Recovery flashed fine. One thing I did notice though, is when charging while the phone is off the "Battery Animation" is missing a few frames of it's animation. The first two to be precise. Instead it shows a black square for the first two animation sequences, then after it shows the normal "charging icon".

As for the ROM, it bootloops at your custom ZTE Logo replacement. I thought at first it was simply due to the dalvik-cache init.d script(Since it slows down the boot), however I waited for over 30+ mins and it went no further. I'd say it's a possible corrupt download, however, I don't think TouchNav would've installed if that were the case.

And before any "You didn't do this right" speech, Trust me I flash custom roms and and my nandroids on a daily basis. I know the procedure to do so. I wiped the /data and dalvik cache before installing the zip. The only thing I didn't do was rename it to update.zip, seeing how I don't use a stock recovery. Also, I am using the EXT ROM since my sd-ext partition is ext2. Would appreciate your thoughts StayBoogy.

Edit:
I'm not claiming your ROM doesn't work Stayboogy, because it obviously does. I'm simply stating for an unknown reason it isn't working on my Merit. I tried downloading it when I got home a few times by pc and moving it to the sd card. Each download bootloops on me. I'll try renaming to update.zip, but I am highly doubtful it's that simple. :P
__________________
ZTE Merit z990g, Rooted, Class 10 16GB SD card.
redfield88 is offline  
Last edited by redfield88; February 5th, 2013 at 09:08 PM.
Reply With Quote
Old February 5th, 2013, 08:47 PM   #23 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Pasco, WA
Posts: 821
 
Device(s): Samsungs, Rugby Smart (AOKP), Galaxy Appeal (modded stock), Illusion (modded stock)
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 13
Thanked 134 Times in 119 Posts
Default

Stayboogy, to get away with higher OC, try bumping the voltage table up a little. Also, look at the kgsl and gpu stuff, maybe they need a bump as well. Too low causes instability. Too high causes excessive drain.
Motorhead1991 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old February 5th, 2013, 08:50 PM   #24 (permalink)
Senior Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
stayboogy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 756
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 38
Thanked 232 Times in 126 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by redfield88 View Post
Having some issues flashing this ROM.

TouchNav Recovery flashed fine. One thing I did notice though, is when charging while the phone is off the "Battery Animation" is missing a few frames of it's animation. The first two to be precise. Instead it shows a black square for the first two animation sequences, then after it shows the normal "charging icon".

As for the ROM, it bootloops at your custom bootanimation.zip file. I thought at first it was simply due to the dalvik-cache init.d script(Since it slows down the boot), however I waited for over 30+ mins and it went no further. I'd say it's a possible corrupt download, however, I don't think TouchNav would've installed if that were the case. Would appreciate your thoughts StayBoogy.

And before any "You didn't do this right" speech, Trust me I flash my roms and nandroids on a daily basis. I know the procedure to do so. I whiped the /data and dalvik cache before installing the zip. The only thing I didn't do was rename it to update.zip, seeing how I don't use a stock recovery. Also, I am using the EXT ROM since my sd-ext partition is ext3.

Anyways, mind including a MD5 checksum so I can see if that's the problem?
firstly, sorry you're experiencing issues...

but,

it has to be something on your end i'm sure because i've flashed this dozens of times without issue and i don't post the links until i've verified it installs just fine.

every boot will hang for a few moments at the kernel logo, and it will take some time to boot past the animation--this is all normal

as for the charging animation, i've never seen this and it doesn't happen on my test phone with this installed that i can see right now

there is no bootloop that you speak of either.


if you're still having issues after redownloading and reinstalling, then you need to check the log in /cache/recovery/ and see what it says.

it sounds like you're nand has bad blocks which will cause these kinds of issues and which are not possible to correct--at least that i know of at this time.

ps. i just downloaded the file and installed it just fine and it finished booting just fine and everything is operational...

if i need to make a video i will...


MD5 A91E1B9B245273EC5643625D52E7300E

CRC32 82050745

SHA-1 0DE034FF1E98CFDB7FD2DFA0107707007E7A57CF
stayboogy is offline  
Last edited by stayboogy; February 5th, 2013 at 09:00 PM.
Reply With Quote
Old February 5th, 2013, 09:16 PM   #25 (permalink)
Senior Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
stayboogy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 756
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 38
Thanked 232 Times in 126 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motorhead1991 View Post
Stayboogy, to get away with higher OC, try bumping the voltage table up a little. Also, look at the kgsl and gpu stuff, maybe they need a bump as well. Too low causes instability. Too high causes excessive drain.
well, i've actually gotten it to 1ghz, but the gpu can't handle it and it will not resume from sleep at this high of a frequency

i know all too well how to OC it in the kernel source, that's not the issue at all my friend. if you recall i've release both the 800 and the 970 versions before finalizing on this one...

799Mhz is the highest it can go and still be stable at screen timeout and resume, and i've personally decided that i'm not going to release anything higher than 777 because i don't want to hear any whining and complaining from everyone when they can't get their phones to resume from sleep.

even at 800Mhz to get the gpu to resume from sleep is tricky. in the end it's just not worth it.

past 1Ghz the phone will barely make it through the boot animation before cutting itself off--even with panic turned off in the kernel options

as far as tweaking the gpu goes though, that's something i'm not quite sure can be done properly, but i could be wrong. pm me if you have some suggestions and i'll check it out whenever i get some free time.
stayboogy is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old February 5th, 2013, 09:19 PM   #26 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: USA, Pennsylvania.
Gender: Male
Posts: 156
 
Device(s): ZTE MERIT Z990G ROOTED [ROM] BLUE STEEL v2.0.777
Carrier: StraightTalk

Thanks: 17
Thanked 36 Times in 34 Posts
joshua.redfield@gmail.com
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by stayboogy View Post
firstly, sorry you're experiencing issues...

but,

it has to be something on your end i'm sure because i've flashed this dozens of times without issue and i don't post the links until i've verified it installs just fine.

every boot will hang for a few moments at the kernel logo, and it will take some time to boot past the animation--this is all normal

as for the charging animation, i've never seen this and it doesn't happen on my test phone with this installed that i can see right now

there is no bootloop that you speak of either.


if you're still having issues after redownloading and reinstalling, then you need to check the log in /cache/recovery/ and see what it says.

it sounds like you're nand has bad blocks which will cause these kinds of issues and which are not possible to correct--at least that i know of at this time.

ps. i just downloaded the file and installed it just fine and it finished booting just fine and everything is operational...

if i need to make a video i will...


MD5 A91E1B9B245273EC5643625D52E7300E

CRC32 82050745

SHA-1 0DE034FF1E98CFDB7FD2DFA0107707007E7A57CF
Appreciate the checksums. Turns out the files are fine. I have also managed to get passed my ends bootloop problem. I flashed to my stock nandroid, wiped data, then installed your rom. Worked like a charm, The only thing different I did before was not start from stock, Never had to.
redfield88 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old February 5th, 2013, 09:25 PM   #27 (permalink)
Senior Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
stayboogy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 756
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 38
Thanked 232 Times in 126 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by redfield88 View Post
Appreciate the checksums. Turns out the files are fine. I have also managed to get passed my ends bootloop problem. I flashed to my stock nandroid, wiped data, then installed your rom. Worked like a charm, The only thing different I did before was not start from stock, Never had to.
i'm glad you got it working.

that's definitely a strange issue, and i'm sure it's a rare one.

and i wasn't trying to insult your intelligence in that last post, just sharing what i know to be true. i did make a quick video just in case though lol

again, glad you got it working


i honestly prefer the Metro theme to this one though. i just made the blue for everyone else because it seems to be the most common liked color scheme
stayboogy is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old February 6th, 2013, 08:33 PM   #28 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: USA, Pennsylvania.
Gender: Male
Posts: 156
 
Device(s): ZTE MERIT Z990G ROOTED [ROM] BLUE STEEL v2.0.777
Carrier: StraightTalk

Thanks: 17
Thanked 36 Times in 34 Posts
joshua.redfield@gmail.com
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by stayboogy View Post
i'm glad you got it working.

that's definitely a strange issue, and i'm sure it's a rare one.

and i wasn't trying to insult your intelligence in that last post, just sharing what i know to be true. i did make a quick video just in case though lol

again, glad you got it working


i honestly prefer the Metro theme to this one though. i just made the blue for everyone else because it seems to be the most common liked color scheme
I'm really liking the ROM. Removed a lot of the "System" apps that you chose to install on it. I have my own list of APPs I prefer using.

Have not tried the Metro theme yet, I've never been a fan of the default "Loading" animation. I see the color was changed, however, still the default "loading" animation.

I'm still having the TouchNav charge while power off bug. It's not biggie, just slightly ugly and annoying. Not sure what would have cause it. Not entirely sure if it even has anything to do with the recovery.img. *shrugs*
redfield88 is offline  
Last edited by redfield88; February 6th, 2013 at 08:35 PM.
Reply With Quote
Old February 6th, 2013, 10:35 PM   #29 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
out of ideas's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 641
 
Device(s): ZTE Merit. ICScamwich OC. Galaxy Prevail CTMod 3.68
Carrier: Pigeons

Thanks: 61
Thanked 145 Times in 114 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by stayboogy View Post
well, i've actually gotten it to 1ghz, but the gpu can't handle it and it will not resume from sleep at this high of a frequency

i know all too well how to OC it in the kernel source, that's not the issue at all my friend. if you recall i've release both the 800 and the 970 versions before finalizing on this one...

799Mhz is the highest it can go and still be stable at screen timeout and resume, and i've personally decided that i'm not going to release anything higher than 777 because i don't want to hear any whining and complaining from everyone when they can't get their phones to resume from sleep.

even at 800Mhz to get the gpu to resume from sleep is tricky. in the end it's just not worth it.

past 1Ghz the phone will barely make it through the boot animation before cutting itself off--even with panic turned off in the kernel options

as far as tweaking the gpu goes though, that's something i'm not quite sure can be done properly, but i could be wrong. pm me if you have some suggestions and i'll check it out whenever i get some free time.
I ran anthony's kernel at all the slots up to 825. It ran fine, but seemed smoother at 787. running lots of benchmarks showed that to be the best level for it.
also some phones can be different when it comes to top speeds, so its usually best to run it a couple notches below top speed. < br/> are you going to release just the kernel?
out of ideas is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old February 11th, 2013, 10:51 PM   #30 (permalink)
Senior Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
stayboogy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 756
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 38
Thanked 232 Times in 126 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by out of ideas View Post
I ran anthony's kernel at all the slots up to 825. It ran fine, but seemed smoother at 787. running lots of benchmarks showed that to be the best level for it.
also some phones can be different when it comes to top speeds, so its usually best to run it a couple notches below top speed. < br/> are you going to release just the kernel?
the kernel was released at the same time as this.

[kernel] OverClock Kernel, 777mhz--no apps, no scripts
stayboogy is offline  
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old February 12th, 2013, 06:11 PM   #31 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: USA, Pennsylvania.
Gender: Male
Posts: 156
 
Device(s): ZTE MERIT Z990G ROOTED [ROM] BLUE STEEL v2.0.777
Carrier: StraightTalk

Thanks: 17
Thanked 36 Times in 34 Posts
joshua.redfield@gmail.com
Default Re: [ROM] BLUE STEEL v2.0.777--777 Kernel + TouchNav, all versions, all setups [ROM]

For anyone intending on using this rom with link2sd:
In system/etc/init.d rename 11link2sd to 22link2sd and rename the davlik script to 11davlik2devfinal2. Otherwise your device will boot loop from time time loosing some of your personal data. Narrowed it down last night. This fixed it for me.

Simply, this will make the davlik cache script to run before link2sd. When link2sd script runs first it seems to cause issues. davlik 2 dev and link2sd only play well in this order.
redfield88 is offline  
Last edited by redfield88; February 12th, 2013 at 08:29 PM.
Reply With Quote
Old February 12th, 2013, 08:26 PM   #32 (permalink)
Senior Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
stayboogy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 756
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 38
Thanked 232 Times in 126 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by redfield88 View Post
For anyone intending on using this rom with link2sd:
In system/etc/init.d rename 11link2sd to 22link2sd and rename the davlik script to 11davlik2devfinal2. Otherwise your device will boot loop from time time loosing some of your personal data. Narrowed it down last night. This fixed it for me.

Simply, this will make the dalvik cache script to run before link2sd. When link2sd script runs first it seems to cause issues.
i'm glad you narrowed this down.

seeing as i don't use or need links2sd, i would have never found the problem lol

your input is always welcome.
stayboogy is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old March 5th, 2013, 11:07 PM   #33 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 8
 
Device(s): ZTE Merit 990
Carrier: Straight Talk

Thanks: 4
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

I installed just the theme for this because while I'm happy with my current ROM, I wasn't too crazy about the color scheme. This is very cool-looking, love the blue and the boot-up animation!
Brekin72 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old March 10th, 2013, 11:57 AM   #34 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
EnlightenedSha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Gender: Male
Posts: 35
 
Device(s): Samsung Galaxy Note 3 (T-Mobile)
Carrier: T-Mobile

Thanks: 16
Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts
Default Re: [ROM] BLUE STEEL v2.0.777--777 Kernel + TouchNav, all versions, all setups [ROM]

I was going to download this rom but mediafire only has an Authorize Download button and won't let me download it. :-(
EnlightenedSha is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old March 10th, 2013, 12:13 PM   #35 (permalink)
Senior Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
stayboogy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 756
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 38
Thanked 232 Times in 126 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by enlightenedsha View Post
i was going to download this rom but mediafire only has an authorize download button and won't let me download it. :-(
yeah enter the captcha

it's not a password

geesh
EnlightenedSha likes this.
stayboogy is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old March 17th, 2013, 12:22 PM   #36 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: North Myrtle Beach, SC
Posts: 24
 
Device(s): ZTE Merit 990
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 2
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default I'm doing something stupid with Stayboogys ROM v2.0.777

Hey folks, I've been using Stayboogys Bluesteel ROM v2.0 since he first put it on here. Loved it, but thought what ? I'll try his latest w/ v2.0.777. I installed per his instructions to the T but now can not access my apps on the sdcard. I can see all of my apps with his x-plore program, but can't access/load them. Any ideas? I have not partitioned the sdcard 9which I never had to before). Iinstalled 2.0.777 (ext). Thanks in advance. Capt B
Captbryan is offline  
Last edited by Captbryan; March 18th, 2013 at 12:52 AM. Reason: Fixed
Reply With Quote
Old March 17th, 2013, 10:45 PM   #37 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: USA, Pennsylvania.
Gender: Male
Posts: 156
 
Device(s): ZTE MERIT Z990G ROOTED [ROM] BLUE STEEL v2.0.777
Carrier: StraightTalk

Thanks: 17
Thanked 36 Times in 34 Posts
joshua.redfield@gmail.com
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captbryan View Post
Hey folks, I've been using Stayboogys Bluesteel ROM v2.0 since he first put it on here. Loved it, but thought what ? I'll try his latest w/ v2.0.777. I installed per his instructions to the T but now can not access my apps on the sdcard. I can see all of my apps with his x-plore program, but can't access/load them. Any ideas? I have not partitioned the sdcard 9which I never had to before). Iinstalled 2.0.777 (ext). Thanks in advance. Capt B
Sorry but your post is kind of.. vague and confusing. You have not EVER partitioned your SD card but flashed the Ext version of the rom? Download the vfat version, flash it, problem solved.

However, If I somehow misunderstood. Rephrase your statement, because it makes little sense.
redfield88 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old March 18th, 2013, 12:24 AM   #38 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: North Myrtle Beach, SC
Posts: 24
 
Device(s): ZTE Merit 990
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 2
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Exactly! That's where I screwed up. Got her going again. Thanks for replying Redfield88.
Captbryan is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old March 18th, 2013, 07:29 AM   #39 (permalink)
Senior Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
stayboogy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 756
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 38
Thanked 232 Times in 126 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by redfield88 View Post
Sorry but your post is kind of.. vague and confusing. You have not EVER partitioned your SD card but flashed the Ext version of the rom? Download the vfat version, flash it, problem solved.

However, If I somehow misunderstood. Rephrase your statement, because it makes little sense.

this shouldn't matter at all.

both the ext and vfat versions will work without an sd-ext partition

sd-ext means "sdcard extended partition"

ext version is for sdcard extended partitions formatted ext3/4, or for those without one

vfat is for sdcard extended partitions formatted vfat/fat32, or for those without one

both work for non sdcard extended partition setups

captbryan, your problem is because you were using apps2sd or some other app relocating program. if you install a rom and were using this before the install, the install will break that setup because this rom doesn't use those things. it will have to be manually set up again.

changing versions shouldn't have made any difference--unless you did indeed have a vfat sdcard extended partition
stayboogy is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old March 18th, 2013, 03:16 PM   #40 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: North Myrtle Beach, SC
Posts: 24
 
Device(s): ZTE Merit 990
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 2
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Stayboogy, I thought I had fixed it but nope. Anyway, I tried to load your bluesteel777 ROM that and something went wrong. I had been using one.three for a while then I switched to your original bluesteel. I was totally happy with bluesteel until I saw the newest version yesterday. I tried to install and screwed something up. The "image" (i think it's boot.image??) of the new 777ROM comes up when I boot, but the ROM (after a 10-minute boot) looks like it is the stock ROM I had in the beginning. Low storage and all of that stuff. I am still rooted. I did a restore and apparently this old stock ROM is the only one I had. I've been trying to boot into recovery but I can't. I've tried every hard reset I can find (which I did not find many). I've done factory reset, wiped everything from sdcard and internal storage. I can install apps and stuff. I've tried to re-install the one.three and older bluesteel, but nothing. Just keeps going back to the stock (i think) ROM. I know I'm long-winded, but I'm trying to be as detailed as possible. If I could just get back to recovery I could get 'er done. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks! Capt Bryan

P.S. After reviewing my notes, I thought this may help. I did get your new bluesteel777 to load. However, I could not access anything on my sd card. Redfield88 pointed out that I should have loaded the "FAT" ROM not the Ext ROM since I've never partitioned my sdcard. And you are right, I did have Link2sd installed prior to me installing Bluesteel777. Maybe this screwed it up??? My phone boots up with your "pink" image, then ZTE image, then the old Tracfone image then to home screen?? Then I have the old stock ROM just a running.
Like I said Stayboogy, I have not been on here since you put out the original bluesteel. That ROM ran like a dream for me, so naturally I wanted to go with the latest that you had put out there. As always your help is appreciated.
Captbryan is offline  
Last edited by Captbryan; March 18th, 2013 at 03:38 PM.
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old March 18th, 2013, 06:40 PM   #41 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: USA, Pennsylvania.
Gender: Male
Posts: 156
 
Device(s): ZTE MERIT Z990G ROOTED [ROM] BLUE STEEL v2.0.777
Carrier: StraightTalk

Thanks: 17
Thanked 36 Times in 34 Posts
joshua.redfield@gmail.com
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captbryan View Post
Stayboogy, I thought I had fixed it but nope. Anyway, I tried to load your bluesteel777 ROM that and something went wrong. I had been using one.three for a while then I switched to your original bluesteel. I was totally happy with bluesteel until I saw the newest version yesterday. I tried to install and screwed something up. The "image" (i think it's boot.image??) of the new 777ROM comes up when I boot, but the ROM (after a 10-minute boot) looks like it is the stock ROM I had in the beginning. Low storage and all of that stuff. I am still rooted. I did a restore and apparently this old stock ROM is the only one I had. I've been trying to boot into recovery but I can't. I've tried every hard reset I can find (which I did not find many). I've done factory reset, wiped everything from sdcard and internal storage. I can install apps and stuff. I've tried to re-install the one.three and older bluesteel, but nothing. Just keeps going back to the stock (i think) ROM. I know I'm long-winded, but I'm trying to be as detailed as possible. If I could just get back to recovery I could get 'er done. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks! Capt Bryan

P.S. After reviewing my notes, I thought this may help. I did get your new bluesteel777 to load. However, I could not access anything on my sd card. Redfield88 pointed out that I should have loaded the "FAT" ROM not the Ext ROM since I've never partitioned my sdcard. And you are right, I did have Link2sd installed prior to me installing Bluesteel777. Maybe this screwed it up??? My phone boots up with your "pink" image, then ZTE image, then the old Tracfone image then to home screen?? Then I have the old stock ROM just a running.
Like I said Stayboogy, I have not been on here since you put out the original bluesteel. That ROM ran like a dream for me, so naturally I wanted to go with the latest that you had put out there. As always your help is appreciated.
The rom is pretty much stock. Stock launcher that has a slimmed down file system and overclocked. As for your low storage problem, wipe your data, re-install the .zip file. You'll loose everything, but that's common practice when installing a new ROM.

It sounds to me like you're installation didn't go right(Hence why you're seeing the Tracphone boot animation and not Stayboogy's). It happens, usually due to a bad nandroid(Flashing crap ROMs). I had the same issue when I went from AR51's shit rom. Restore your stock nandroid, wipe your data, re-install bluesteel's .zip file. Should solve the issue you're having.
redfield88 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old March 18th, 2013, 07:10 PM   #42 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: North Myrtle Beach, SC
Posts: 24
 
Device(s): ZTE Merit 990
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 2
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

I've reinstalled my stock nandroid (I guess) and wiped all data, but I can't to get to recovery to reinstall bluesteel777? People have warned me in the past to stay away from ROMManager, so I am. I've held all of the reset buttons for a continuous 22 minutes and the phone boots up with Stayboogy's pink circle image from his ROM, then goes to ZTE, then to Tracfone. Any idea how I can get back to recovery?? Thanks!
Captbryan is offline  
Last edited by Captbryan; March 18th, 2013 at 07:13 PM.
Reply With Quote
Old March 18th, 2013, 07:17 PM   #43 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: USA, Pennsylvania.
Gender: Male
Posts: 156
 
Device(s): ZTE MERIT Z990G ROOTED [ROM] BLUE STEEL v2.0.777
Carrier: StraightTalk

Thanks: 17
Thanked 36 Times in 34 Posts
joshua.redfield@gmail.com
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captbryan View Post
I've reinstalled my stock nandroid (I guess) and wiped all data, but I can't to get to recovery to reinstall bluesteel777? People have warned me in the past to stay away from ROMManager, so I am. I've held all of the reset buttons for a continuous 22 minutes and the phone boots up with Stayboogy's pink circle image from his ROM, then goes to ZTE, then to Tracfone. Any idea how I can get back to recovery?? Thanks!
Start off with holding Power + Vol Up + Menu. When you see the "Pink" power logo. Let go of the power button and continue to hold Vol Up + Menu until you see the TouchNav recovery system.

If that doesn't work, Download a terminal app on your phone. Type in:
Code:
su <enter>
reboot recovery <enter>
If your phone reboots, but no recovery comes up, then let me know. I'll attempt to walk you through ADB and restoring the recovery.img.
Captbryan likes this.
redfield88 is offline  
Last edited by redfield88; March 18th, 2013 at 07:19 PM.
Reply With Quote
Old March 18th, 2013, 08:44 PM   #44 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: North Myrtle Beach, SC
Posts: 24
 
Device(s): ZTE Merit 990
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 2
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Thanks man, I'm giving a shot now.
Captbryan is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old March 18th, 2013, 09:06 PM   #45 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: North Myrtle Beach, SC
Posts: 24
 
Device(s): ZTE Merit 990
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 2
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Ok, I gave them both a shot and it does the same thing. When I went in to TE and put in su then reboot recovery, she stayed on stayboogy's image for about 15 minutes, then went to ZTE, then Tracfone, then back to home screen. I did pull an old recovery img I had saved and put it on the sdcard prior to trying su??
Captbryan is offline  
Last edited by Captbryan; March 18th, 2013 at 09:08 PM. Reason: More info
Reply With Quote
Old March 19th, 2013, 08:45 AM   #46 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: USA, Pennsylvania.
Gender: Male
Posts: 156
 
Device(s): ZTE MERIT Z990G ROOTED [ROM] BLUE STEEL v2.0.777
Carrier: StraightTalk

Thanks: 17
Thanked 36 Times in 34 Posts
joshua.redfield@gmail.com
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captbryan View Post
Ok, I gave them both a shot and it does the same thing. When I went in to TE and put in su then reboot recovery, she stayed on stayboogy's image for about 15 minutes, then went to ZTE, then Tracfone, then back to home screen. I did pull an old recovery img I had saved and put it on the sdcard prior to trying su??
Yeah, as I thought something went terribly wrong with one of your nandroids / roms. Your recovery image is corrupted.

Download Stayboogy's TouchNav recovery standalone, place it on the root of your SD Card.
[NEW] System Recovery Utility, TouchNav v.1.3 [RECOVERY SYSTEM]

Open a terminal app and type in the following:
Code:
flash_image recovery /sdcard/recovery.img <enter>
Let it complete, shouldn't take very long. Once it complete, again:
Code:
su <enter>
reboot recovery <enter>
** Edit **
Don't download with your phone, download via a PC and physically move it to the root of your SD Card. I've had to say this a million times, downloading by a phone causes corruption to files. You're 3G network isn't stable enough to download such files.
Captbryan and tthomas824 like this.
redfield88 is offline  
Last edited by redfield88; March 19th, 2013 at 08:49 AM.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to redfield88 For This Useful Post:
Captbryan (March 19th, 2013)
Old March 19th, 2013, 06:20 PM   #47 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: North Myrtle Beach, SC
Posts: 24
 
Device(s): ZTE Merit 990
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 2
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by redfield88 View Post
Yeah, as I thought something went terribly wrong with one of your nandroids / roms. Your recovery image is corrupted.

Download Stayboogy's TouchNav recovery standalone, place it on the root of your SD Card.
[NEW] System Recovery Utility, TouchNav v.1.3 [RECOVERY SYSTEM]

Open a terminal app and type in the following:
Code:
flash_image recovery /sdcard/recovery.img <enter>
Let it complete, shouldn't take very long. Once it complete, again:
Code:
su <enter>
reboot recovery <enter>
** Edit **
Don't download with your phone, download via a PC and physically move it to the root of your SD Card. I've had to say this a million times, downloading by a phone causes corruption to files. You're 3G network isn't stable enough to download such files.
You is THE man!! Easy recovery in Terminal Emulator and now I have Stayboogy's bluesteel777 ROM installed. One thing I've learned about this mess is you guys are more than willing to help us "common" folks. But, we are just "common"! It never occurred to me to look for a recovery from Stayboogy...NEVER!! I had no clue what the difference is between an ext and fat file, what in the heck partitioning means and I really don't give a sh*t about that stuff. All I care about is getting the sucker working again. You and some others on here have been great. You solved this issue for me quickly and I am grateful. I'm putting this stuff on here so maybe others can learn from it. You were also right about some things on another forum! Thumbs down!!! Once again THANKS, but I do have 2 more small questions...1st - is there any easy way to get my 214 apps that are saved on my computer (backed up) back on to my sdcard? Stayboogy clearly stated for us not to mess around with Link2sd or apps2sd, this ROM would take care of moving apps automatically. Shouldn't they be somewhere on Google or just work with what I have on my PC????????? 2nd-any idea how I can get the text-to-speech voice output working. It force closes on me with error- (application com.android.qualcomm (process com.android.settings)). I got this same area on the original bluesteelROM but never bothered asking Stayboogy or anyone else. On the original, I loaded all kinds of speech synthesizers, apps, etc that are supposed to work in unison with the tts app installed on the phone, but never could get it to work. Any thoughts, ideas, comments are greatly appreciated!! Capt Bryan
Captbryan is offline  
Last edited by Captbryan; March 19th, 2013 at 06:49 PM.
Reply With Quote
Old March 19th, 2013, 07:11 PM   #48 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: North Myrtle Beach, SC
Posts: 24
 
Device(s): ZTE Merit 990
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 2
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Reinstalling Apps

Quote:
Originally Posted by redfield88 View Post
Yeah, as I thought something went terribly wrong with one of your nandroids / roms. Your recovery image is corrupted.

Download Stayboogy's TouchNav recovery standalone, place it on the root of your SD Card.
[NEW] System Recovery Utility, TouchNav v.1.3 [RECOVERY SYSTEM]

Open a terminal app and type in the following:
Code:
flash_image recovery /sdcard/recovery.img <enter>
Let it complete, shouldn't take very long. Once it complete, again:
Code:
su <enter>
reboot recovery <enter>
** Edit **
Don't download with your phone, download via a PC and physically move it to the root of your SD Card. I've had to say this a million times, downloading by a phone causes corruption to files. You're 3G network isn't stable enough to download such files.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captbryan View Post
You is THE man!! Easy recovery in Terminal Emulator and now I have Stayboogy's bluesteel777 ROM installed. One thing I've learned about this mess is you guys are more than willing to help us "common" folks. But, we are just "common"! It never occurred to me to look for a recovery from Stayboogy...NEVER!! I had no clue what the difference is between an ext and fat file, what in the heck partitioning means and I really don't give a sh*t about that stuff. All I care about is getting the sucker working again. You and some others on here have been great. You solved this issue for me quickly and I am grateful. I'm putting this stuff on here so maybe others can learn from it. You were also right about some things on another forum! Thumbs down!!! Once again THANKS, but I do have 2 more small questions...1st - is there any easy way to get my 214 apps that are saved on my computer (backed up) back on to my sdcard? Stayboogy clearly stated for us not to mess around with Link2sd or apps2sd, this ROM would take care of moving apps automatically. Shouldn't they be somewhere on Google or just work with what I have on my PC????????? 2nd-any idea how I can get the text-to-speech voice output working. It force closes on me with error- (application com.android.qualcomm (process com.android.settings)). I got this same area on the original bluesteelROM but never bothered asking Stayboogy or anyone else. On the original, I loaded all kinds of speech synthesizers, apps, etc that are supposed to work in unison with the tts app installed on the phone, but never could get it to work. Any thoughts, ideas, comments are greatly appreciated!! Capt Bryan
Hey dude, never mind about the 1st question, duhhhhhh! They are on Google. Any thoughts on the TTS would be great! Capt Bryan
Captbryan is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old March 19th, 2013, 09:32 PM   #49 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: North Myrtle Beach, SC
Posts: 24
 
Device(s): ZTE Merit 990
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 2
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Apps 2 SD

Quote:
Originally Posted by stayboogy View Post
i'm glad you narrowed this down.

seeing as i don't use or need links2sd, i would have never found the problem lol

your input is always welcome.
Stayboogy, If you do not use or need link2sd with this ROM, then how do you move the apps. I'm curious; I just tried to load the 212 apps I had on the original bluesteel ROM and I ran low on storage after only a few. Thanks in advance!
Capt Bryan
Captbryan is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old March 19th, 2013, 10:16 PM   #50 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: USA, Pennsylvania.
Gender: Male
Posts: 156
 
Device(s): ZTE MERIT Z990G ROOTED [ROM] BLUE STEEL v2.0.777
Carrier: StraightTalk

Thanks: 17
Thanked 36 Times in 34 Posts
joshua.redfield@gmail.com
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captbryan View Post
Stayboogy, If you do not use or need link2sd with this ROM, then how do you move the apps. I'm curious; I just tried to load the 212 apps I had on the original bluesteel ROM and I ran low on storage after only a few. Thanks in advance!
Capt Bryan
Stayboogy simply slimmed down the stock ROM bro. He added overclocking to the kernel. Besides that, his ROM doesn't automatically move anything to the SD Card. People use their phones in different ways, StayBoogy doesn't seem to be the kind that uses a ton of apps.

You can use Link2SD, I do however suggest you partition your SD Card and add an SD-Ext partition to it. Which requires a little time and effort, Especially since you're slightly new to this sort of thing. I'll gladly walk you through partitioning your SD Card. Or, you can do things how you've been doing them. Simply install Link2SD and force the Apps into the SD Card. But.. All this does is moves the .apk file from your phone, to the SD card. Adding a 2nd partition to your SD Card allows you to move it's data, dex files, library files, ect.. to a separate partition, thus freeing even more space.

Shoot me an e-mail sometime, instead though. I'll gladly walk you through with what ever you decide on doing.

As for Text-to-speech. I don't use it, never even tried using it. So, I really don't have any input to give on such matters.

joshua.redfield@gmail.com
redfield88 is offline  
Last edited by redfield88; March 19th, 2013 at 10:22 PM.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > ZTE AT&T Avail (ZTE Merit) > Merit - All Things Root
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:24 AM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.