June 9th, 2013, 12:01 AM
Thread Author (OP)
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Texarkana, Arkansas
Device(s): Zte merit z990g, At&t Avail
LG optimus dynamic
Carrier: Net10, Straight talk
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Zte Merit Root Success - need more advice please
As I stated, I was able to root my device (Thank you Out of Ideas!)
However new questions arise with a rooted android that I need help with.
1. What's the basic do's and do not's now that Im rooted?
2. What can I safely remove without destroying my phone and its system?
3. What all can I do now that my merit is rooted?
4. How do I get rid of the bloatware and unwanted apps?
5. Can I change from gingerbread to something a bit more updated? If so what would my best choice be?
Anything else, anyone else can think of to futher my knowledge of what to do now that my device is rooted, please feel free to respond.
Again, thank you to Out of Ideas for helping me through out all my issues with my Merit!! You have saved my phone from the recycled phone bin at my local department store! Now, want to discuss those custom ROM's that my sister mentioned that you spoke of? Id love to futher explore what can be done with my phone and any assistance you may be able to give with the other devices I spoke of previously, if you don't mind of course.
Now, Im going to apply all this to my sisters Merit as well since I was able to root without ending up with a brick. Again, thank you for the zip files needed to make this possible. .