Go Back   Android Forums > Android Carriers > Metro PCS

Get excited for the Samsung Galaxy S5! Find everything you need and discuss it in our Galaxy S5 Forum!

test: Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old December 29th, 2011, 09:50 AM   #1 (permalink)
Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Detroit,MI
Posts: 384
 
Device(s): EVO 3d ZR3D/ZIGGYS LATEST EVO 4g Kings Alliance RLS3(not activated) METRO PCS
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 53
Thanked 134 Times in 96 Posts
Send a message via Yahoo to mteezey
Default <>{ TROUBLESHOOTING 3G on Metroflashed phones }<>

I'm trying to get to the bottom of the issue that certain phones that are flashed to metro are able to connect to evdo. And then some others are not. If everyone that has 3g flashed or not knows they're specific data and profile settings and can post that would be awesome. Also if we can post what type of phones are flashed that are getting 3g and where and the speeds that would be great. Hopefully we can get to the bottom of this so were not limited to 1x speeds. And stuck with the limited selection of phones that metro is putting out. Thanks everyone your help is much appreciated.

mteezey is offline  
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old December 31st, 2011, 06:40 AM   #2 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Lolas Dad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 29
 
Device(s): LG Esteem
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 2
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mteezey View Post
I'm trying to get to the bottom of the issue that certain phones that are flashed to metro are able to connect to evdo. And then some others are not. If everyone that has 3g flashed or not knows they're specific data and profile settings and can post that would be awesome. Also if we can post what type of phones are flashed that are getting 3g and where and the speeds that would be great. Hopefully we can get to the bottom of this so were not limited to 1x speeds. And stuck with the limited selection of phones that metro is putting out. Thanks everyone your help is much appreciated.
Start HERE and then go to HERE

This should help you determine what phones can be flashed and what areas they can be flashed in as well as what features you can expect after the phone is flashed.
Lolas Dad is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old January 5th, 2012, 11:20 AM   #3 (permalink)
Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Detroit,MI
Posts: 384
 
Device(s): EVO 3d ZR3D/ZIGGYS LATEST EVO 4g Kings Alliance RLS3(not activated) METRO PCS
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 53
Thanked 134 Times in 96 Posts
Send a message via Yahoo to mteezey
Default

Thanks . My thing is I'm already flashed to metro (EVO 3d) everything working except 3g. I've played with all the data settings and prls. I got a 3g icon a couple times one day bit its like it had trouble authenticating or something. I'm not sure if metro phones have a universal code for shared secret passwords. All the guides say to use "metropcs" as the password or your msl code. I'm just trying to see what others that are getting 3g on flashed phones have for passwords, imsi, profiles ect.
mteezey is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old January 31st, 2012, 08:43 PM   #4 (permalink)
Member
 
atljatl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Atlanta, what
Posts: 377
 
Device(s): -Gnex i9250- rooted running AOSPA 3+ & rubik r10 kernel LG Optimus L9 P769 rooted and stock -OG EVo
Carrier: Solavei (I actually love it!)

Thanks: 194
Thanked 219 Times in 150 Posts
Send a message via Skype™ to atljatl
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mteezey View Post
Thanks . My thing is I'm already flashed to metro (EVO 3d) everything working except 3g. I've played with all the data settings and prls. I got a 3g icon a couple times one day bit its like it had trouble authenticating or something. I'm not sure if metro phones have a universal code for shared secret passwords. All the guides say to use "metropcs" as the password or your msl code. I'm just trying to see what others that are getting 3g on flashed phones have for passwords, imsi, profiles ect.
I realized what you were asking from another post.. I only used 000000 as my password. I never used "metropcs"
atljatl is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old February 1st, 2012, 08:00 AM   #5 (permalink)
Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Detroit,MI
Posts: 384
 
Device(s): EVO 3d ZR3D/ZIGGYS LATEST EVO 4g Kings Alliance RLS3(not activated) METRO PCS
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 53
Thanked 134 Times in 96 Posts
Send a message via Yahoo to mteezey
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by atljatl View Post
I realized what you were asking from another post.. I only used 000000 as my password. I never used "metropcs"

Wow you still had data with zeros? Not your msl?
mteezey is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old February 2nd, 2012, 06:12 AM   #6 (permalink)
Member
 
atljatl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Atlanta, what
Posts: 377
 
Device(s): -Gnex i9250- rooted running AOSPA 3+ & rubik r10 kernel LG Optimus L9 P769 rooted and stock -OG EVo
Carrier: Solavei (I actually love it!)

Thanks: 194
Thanked 219 Times in 150 Posts
Send a message via Skype™ to atljatl
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mteezey View Post
Wow you still had data with zeros? Not your msl?
When I was following some of those guides, I was totally ignorant about the process (as we have previously established) so anytime I was told to use my msl as my password, I entered 000000 because that is what the "msl reader" app on my phone told me my msl was. In dfs/cdma, I think it shows my msl as something else.
atljatl is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old February 2nd, 2012, 08:27 AM   #7 (permalink)
Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Detroit,MI
Posts: 384
 
Device(s): EVO 3d ZR3D/ZIGGYS LATEST EVO 4g Kings Alliance RLS3(not activated) METRO PCS
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 53
Thanked 134 Times in 96 Posts
Send a message via Yahoo to mteezey
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by atljatl View Post
When I was following some of those guides, I was totally ignorant about the process (as we have previously established) so anytime I was told to use my msl as my password, I entered 000000 because that is what the "msl reader" app on my phone told me my msl was. In dfs/cdma, I think it shows my msl as something else.

Yea its definartly gonna show you.something different if you get it from white rabbit or on dfs. I'm suprised it worked. You use is for ppp and mip(qpst) data tab and profile tab (dfs)?
mteezey is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old February 2nd, 2012, 11:54 AM   #8 (permalink)
Member
 
atljatl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Atlanta, what
Posts: 377
 
Device(s): -Gnex i9250- rooted running AOSPA 3+ & rubik r10 kernel LG Optimus L9 P769 rooted and stock -OG EVo
Carrier: Solavei (I actually love it!)

Thanks: 194
Thanked 219 Times in 150 Posts
Send a message via Skype™ to atljatl
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mteezey View Post
Yea its definartly gonna show you.something different if you get it from white rabbit or on dfs. I'm suprised it worked. You use is for ppp and mip(qpst) data tab and profile tab (dfs)?
I'll go back and check and let u know
atljatl is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old February 3rd, 2012, 10:33 PM   #9 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 1
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Ya I would also like to know what you use because I'm in the same situation
lucario07 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old February 13th, 2012, 08:48 PM   #10 (permalink)
Member
 
atljatl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Atlanta, what
Posts: 377
 
Device(s): -Gnex i9250- rooted running AOSPA 3+ & rubik r10 kernel LG Optimus L9 P769 rooted and stock -OG EVo
Carrier: Solavei (I actually love it!)

Thanks: 194
Thanked 219 Times in 150 Posts
Send a message via Skype™ to atljatl
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by atljatl View Post
I'll go back and check and let u know
Sorry yall. The computer that all my cell phone stuff was on has been down. I'm not ignoring your request.
atljatl is offline  
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Reply


Go Back   Android Forums > Android Carriers > Metro PCS
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:10 AM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.