Go Back   Android Forums > Android Carriers > Metro PCS

Find everything you need for the Galaxy S5 and discuss it in our S5 forum!
Have you seen that OnePlus One's awesome camera?? The forum is over here!

test: Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old March 18th, 2012, 05:15 PM   #1 (permalink)
Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 326
 
Device(s): Samsung Admire,LG Motion
Carrier: MetroPCS

Thanks: 36
Thanked 24 Times in 19 Posts
Default Cannot USB connect the Admire, but can connect the Attain

Trying to decide between the Admire and Attain, or neither. I can connect the Attain to any one of my two Win7 Pro towers and access the card and internal memory.

But with the Admire, the phone screen shows USB connected, but it cannot be accessed from my computer. Yes, I have the latest driver, have power-cycled, restarted, etc. Looked at the settings and there's nothing relevant.

I switched to the Attain----> access fine. Go back to the Admire ---> no access. Attain ---> access.

If I can't access the Admire, it's bye bye time.

AppleUser is offline  
Last edited by AppleUser; March 18th, 2012 at 05:21 PM.
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old March 18th, 2012, 05:22 PM   #2 (permalink)
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 1,254
 
Device(s): Samsung Admire - Stock++
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 160
Thanked 124 Times in 107 Posts
Default

wut
um You want to move files from your comp to your admire right? Or root it? if you want to root it Make sure to turn on USB Debugging. Settings -> Applications -> Development -> USB Debugging if you want to root it or something
SamsungAdmire is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old March 18th, 2012, 05:29 PM   #3 (permalink)
Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 326
 
Device(s): Samsung Admire,LG Motion
Carrier: MetroPCS

Thanks: 36
Thanked 24 Times in 19 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamsungAdmire View Post
wut
um You want to move files from your comp to your admire right? Or root it? if you want to root it Make sure to turn on USB Debugging. Settings -> Applications -> Development -> USB Debugging if you want to root it or something

No, I only want to transfer pictures. I'm not smart enough yet to root. I did what you indicated, and "G: removable disk" appeared, but it cannot be opened. It asks me to insert a disk.
AppleUser is offline  
Last edited by AppleUser; March 18th, 2012 at 05:33 PM.
Reply With Quote
Old March 18th, 2012, 05:36 PM   #4 (permalink)
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 1,254
 
Device(s): Samsung Admire - Stock++
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 160
Thanked 124 Times in 107 Posts
Default

lol that
connect the usb to the compu
then in the status bar there are like two usb signs
then where it says USB Connected, select it and then turn on usb storage and it should show up. otherwise delete the admire drivers and redownload them
SamsungAdmire is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old March 18th, 2012, 05:43 PM   #5 (permalink)
Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 326
 
Device(s): Samsung Admire,LG Motion
Carrier: MetroPCS

Thanks: 36
Thanked 24 Times in 19 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamsungAdmire View Post
lol that
connect the usb to the compu
then in the status bar there are like two usb signs
then where it says USB Connected, select it and then turn on usb storage and it should show up. otherwise delete the admire drivers and redownload them

Hot damn !! I had been clicking on the USB emblem before starting this thread. That act was useless. So because of your post, I PULLED DOWN the tab on the status bar and used the new menu to do what you said. It worked !

I "admire" your knowledge.

Thank you. With the Attain, there were two automatic pop-ups so I didn't have to search like with the Admire. This Admire is a great value in the usefulness to price ratio.

QUESTION: The Attain produce pix which averaged 600 kb. The Admire had an average of 1200 kb. I thought the Attain was said to have a better camera. Does it ? Why is the kb higher in the Admire ?
AppleUser is offline  
Last edited by AppleUser; March 18th, 2012 at 05:50 PM.
Reply With Quote
Old March 18th, 2012, 05:53 PM   #6 (permalink)
The PearlyMon
 
EarlyMon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: New Mexico, USA
Posts: 44,070
 
Device(s): LTEvo, 3vo, and Shift
Carrier: Sprint

Thanks: 41,718
Thanked 54,860 Times in 21,882 Posts
Default

What are your camera settings?

Which looks better?

Cameras generate raw image data you don't see, then are compressed into jpeg files.
EarlyMon is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old March 18th, 2012, 06:26 PM   #7 (permalink)
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 1,254
 
Device(s): Samsung Admire - Stock++
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 160
Thanked 124 Times in 107 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AppleUser View Post
Hot damn !! I had been clicking on the USB emblem before starting this thread. That act was useless. So because of your post, I PULLED DOWN the tab on the status bar and used the new menu to do what you said. It worked !

I "admire" your knowledge.

Thank you. With the Attain, there were two automatic pop-ups so I didn't have to search like with the Admire. This Admire is a great value in the usefulness to price ratio.

QUESTION: The Attain produce pix which averaged 600 kb. The Admire had an average of 1200 kb. I thought the Attain was said to have a better camera. Does it ? Why is the kb higher in the Admire ?
lol no problem but i dont get that second question sorry
SamsungAdmire is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old March 18th, 2012, 06:28 PM   #8 (permalink)
Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 326
 
Device(s): Samsung Admire,LG Motion
Carrier: MetroPCS

Thanks: 36
Thanked 24 Times in 19 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by EarlyMon View Post
What are your camera settings?

Which looks better?

Cameras generate raw image data you don't see, then are compressed into jpeg files.


Where are the camera settings found ?
AppleUser is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply


Go Back   Android Forums > Android Carriers > Metro PCS
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:48 PM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.