Go Back   Android Forums > Android Carriers > Metro PCS

New Forums: Nexus Player | Nexus 9
Like Tree16Likes
  • 5 Post By ShlomoX
  • 2 Post By PlayfulGod
  • 1 Post By ShlomoX
  • 1 Post By ShlomoX
  • 2 Post By martyn357
  • 1 Post By SipDude
  • 1 Post By SipDude
  • 2 Post By OcalaFlGuy
  • 1 Post By PHP87

test: Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old October 21st, 2012, 09:48 AM   #1 (permalink)
Junior Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 21
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 4
Thanked 8 Times in 4 Posts
Default Metro Customer Service Rules

I'm crazy about the motion and metro's 4g service and price and now I've had an experience with metro's customer service that has taken the metro experience over the top for me.

I was coming from having 2 metro blackberry's, one for me and one for my wife, and while they didn't do a lot, what they did do they did really good, email, text and voice.

After having the motion for some days I encountered 2 issues, the first was with my wife not receiving her emails during the course of the day like at her office as she previously had. The second for me was that I when I was received voicemails I was not receiving a voicemail icon letting me know a message was waiting.

So my wife is telling me that while she likes the idea of having a smart phone (sorry blackberry lol) but without her emails being sent to her inbox like her blackberry the phone is no good to her and she wants her blackberry back, not the most pleasant of discussions. I had also set up her main email on a couple of different apps for her to see which she liked best and she was receiving emails at home so setup wasn't the problem.

I went to the metro corporate store where I bought the phones and eventually spoke to the manager explaining my email delivery and voicemail icon issues. He understood, said he would put the issues into his system and had asked for the locations where the problems were occurring. He told me that metro would send somebody to the site where the email problem was occurring to measure metro's signal (yeah right) and see what they can do. I had had the motions at that point for only a few days and asked if I should limit use if the voicemail icon problem turns out to be a phone issue, he said not necessary and if the problem turned out to be with the phone it would be taken care of; right on. Within a couple of days emails were arriving to my wife's motion inbox and then to top it off a day or two later she gets a call from metro's technical area asking if her issue had been resolved and the phone and service were working well. Fixing the issue and then following up, she was really impressed. And she was right to be, it was impressive.

Real quick with the voicemail icon, I soon discovered that when receiving a voicemail at work the icon notification would snap open, so not a phone issue. Though I also found that if I received a voicemail at home and then gone to work the icon would still not appear. Only when receiving a new voicemail at work would an icon appear and dropping down the notification shade I would see that there were 2 voicemails the new one and the one that had been buried at home. Let my metro contact know about this and that the email was now working which was great. We agreed that I would touch base with him regarding the voicemail in about 2 weeks.

I called 2 weeks later and he looked and said it was still being worked on and to give it a little more time we agreed another couple of weeks. Truthfully my hopes for resolution were not very high. It's now been about 4 to 6 weeks since my first contact and yesterday I ran a speedtest from home, and saw that my speeds had gone from about 1.5mb to 2.5mb. The first thing I thought was to try the voicemail, so left a message for myself from another phone, and pow almost immediately a voicemail icon snapped into place wow!

Props to metro as I am amazed that my two user specific issues were resolved. Really for me one of the top customer experiences I've ever had.
alfick3, sammyz, PRkid and 2 others like this.

Advertisements
ShlomoX is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ShlomoX For This Useful Post:
dewolfe09 (October 21st, 2012), morgankslade (October 22nd, 2012), nizlovelots (October 21st, 2012), PRkid (March 10th, 2013)
sponsored links
Old October 21st, 2012, 10:13 AM   #2 (permalink)
ROM Developer
 
PlayfulGod's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: NW Georgia
Gender: Male
Posts: 8,109
 
Device(s): LG G Flex, LG Spirit, LG Motion, LG F3
Carrier: AT&T

Thanks: 238
Thanked 4,936 Times in 2,077 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShlomoX View Post
I'm crazy about the motion and metro's 4g service and price and now I've had an experience with metro's customer service that has taken the metro experience over the top for me.

I was coming from having 2 metro blackberry's, one for me and one for my wife, and while they didn't do a lot, what they did do they did really good, email, text and voice.

After having the motion for some days I encountered 2 issues, the first was with my wife not receiving her emails during the course of the day like at her office as she previously had. The second for me was that I when I was received voicemails I was not receiving a voicemail icon letting me know a message was waiting.

So my wife is telling me that while she likes the idea of having a smart phone (sorry blackberry lol) but without her emails being sent to her inbox like her blackberry the phone is no good to her and she wants her blackberry back, not the most pleasant of discussions. I had also set up her main email on a couple of different apps for her to see which she liked best and she was receiving emails at home so setup wasn't the problem.

I went to the metro corporate store where I bought the phones and eventually spoke to the manager explaining my email delivery and voicemail icon issues. He understood, said he would put the issues into his system and had asked for the locations where the problems were occurring. He told me that metro would send somebody to the site where the email problem was occurring to measure metro's signal (yeah right) and see what they can do. I had had the motions at that point for only a few days and asked if I should limit use if the voicemail icon problem turns out to be a phone issue, he said not necessary and if the problem turned out to be with the phone it would be taken care of; right on. Within a couple of days emails were arriving to my wife's motion inbox and then to top it off a day or two later she gets a call from metro's technical area asking if her issue had been resolved and the phone and service were working well. Fixing the issue and then following up, she was really impressed. And she was right to be, it was impressive.

Real quick with the voicemail icon, I soon discovered that when receiving a voicemail at work the icon notification would snap open, so not a phone issue. Though I also found that if I received a voicemail at home and then gone to work the icon would still not appear. Only when receiving a new voicemail at work would an icon appear and dropping down the notification shade I would see that there were 2 voicemails the new one and the one that had been buried at home. Let my metro contact know about this and that the email was now working which was great. We agreed that I would touch base with him regarding the voicemail in about 2 weeks.

I called 2 weeks later and he looked and said it was still being worked on and to give it a little more time we agreed another couple of weeks. Truthfully my hopes for resolution were not very high. It's now been about 4 to 6 weeks since my first contact and yesterday I ran a speedtest from home, and saw that my speeds had gone from about 1.5mb to 2.5mb. The first thing I thought was to try the voicemail, so left a message for myself from another phone, and pow almost immediately a voicemail icon snapped into place wow!

Props to metro as I am amazed that my two user specific issues were resolved. Really for me one of the top customer experiences I've ever had.
Thats rare lol
sammyz and nizlovelots like this.
__________________
Official Donate link if you like my work and would like to show your appreciation and support. All donations are greatly appreciated!!

PlayfulDroidz Wiki
UPP
PlayfulGod is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to PlayfulGod For This Useful Post:
DTxSTUFF (October 21st, 2012), jpizle (October 21st, 2012), sammyz (October 21st, 2012), ShlomoX (October 21st, 2012), TheAmazingDave (October 21st, 2012)
Old October 21st, 2012, 11:31 AM   #3 (permalink)
Member
 
Matthew83's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Southern California
Posts: 195
 
Device(s): LG Motion 4G ASUS Memo Pad HD 7
Carrier: MetroPCS

Thanks: 60
Thanked 33 Times in 28 Posts
Default

Very cool. I sure hope I don't have to contact Metro support but if I ever have to hopefully it is good as your experience.
Matthew83 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old October 21st, 2012, 12:39 PM   #4 (permalink)
Junior Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 21
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 4
Thanked 8 Times in 4 Posts
Default

I posted solely to share the experience but I thought it was funny that I write this big story, guy chimes in with three words, and he's the one getting thanked lol life's not fair lol
plasticarmyman likes this.
ShlomoX is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old October 21st, 2012, 02:16 PM   #5 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Kalamazoo, MI
Posts: 47
 
Device(s): LG Motion
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 3
Thanked 5 Times in 4 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShlomoX View Post
I posted solely to share the experience but I thought it was funny that I write this big story, guy chimes in with three words, and he's the one getting thanked lol life's not fair lol
There you go lol
dewolfe09 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old October 21st, 2012, 02:32 PM   #6 (permalink)
LG Whiz Kid
 
sammyz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Pompano Beach, Fl
Gender: Male
Posts: 8,720
 
Device(s): LG Motion 4G---- LG Optimus L9
Carrier: MetroPCS

Thanks: 2,169
Thanked 2,331 Times in 1,515 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShlomoX View Post
I posted solely to share the experience but I thought it was funny that I write this big story, guy chimes in with three words, and he's the one getting thanked lol life's not fair lol
That guy is well known everywhere he's a dev and works on many phones, a lot of them being metropcs and cricket phones and some mid-high end phones on other carriers.

I do like your story though, a lot of carriers will not do that, but then again, other carriers don't get these issues to begin with 9 out of 10 times..
__________________
Ok, you want help? I am here to help. But if you can't read, I can't really help you.
Why on earth would anyone help someone who does not read? This is a forum, the purpose of it is to read.
sammyz is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old October 21st, 2012, 03:25 PM   #7 (permalink)
Junior Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 21
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 4
Thanked 8 Times in 4 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dewolfe09 View Post
There you go lol
Now I'm getting thanks just out of pity lol
ShlomoX is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old October 21st, 2012, 04:20 PM   #8 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
eljefe0000's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: NYC
Posts: 673
 
Device(s): htc amaze 4g ainol aurora II Tablet
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 58
Thanked 87 Times in 80 Posts
Default

u sure u dont work for metro. ive emailed metro gone to corporate stores filled complaints with bbb and they never ever replied to anything let alone a phone call i dont know this sounds like something out of bizzaro world
eljefe0000 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old October 21st, 2012, 04:24 PM   #9 (permalink)
LG Whiz Kid
 
sammyz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Pompano Beach, Fl
Gender: Male
Posts: 8,720
 
Device(s): LG Motion 4G---- LG Optimus L9
Carrier: MetroPCS

Thanks: 2,169
Thanked 2,331 Times in 1,515 Posts
Default

Yeah I also find this hard to believe.......where do you live?
sammyz is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old October 21st, 2012, 05:27 PM   #10 (permalink)
Junior Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 21
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 4
Thanked 8 Times in 4 Posts
Default

Sammy you liked my story a minute ago and now your calling me out lol

I did what I always do when I believe I'm justified as a customer, get to the right person, be reasonable and polite, friendly where possible yet firm throughout and for follow up to be persistent without nagging. My objective is for the person helping me to be on my side and not think I'm a dick and so have a small stake in my issue being resolved. Maybe you're right and it's all in the approach.
05TRAILBLAZER likes this.
ShlomoX is offline  
Last edited by ShlomoX; October 21st, 2012 at 05:37 PM.
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old October 21st, 2012, 06:08 PM   #11 (permalink)
LG Whiz Kid
 
sammyz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Pompano Beach, Fl
Gender: Male
Posts: 8,720
 
Device(s): LG Motion 4G---- LG Optimus L9
Carrier: MetroPCS

Thanks: 2,169
Thanked 2,331 Times in 1,515 Posts
Default

Lol you have good reps where ever you live. I believe you, but most of the time carriers don't do anything.
sammyz is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old October 21st, 2012, 09:53 PM   #12 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
THE W's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Detroit
Posts: 2,085
 
Device(s): Kyocera Domino, Freeform II, Freeform III, LG Connect, LG Motion, Samsung Galaxy S III, OnePlus ONE
Carrier: MetroPCS

Thanks: 102
Thanked 238 Times in 196 Posts
Default

cool story bro!

i've had one issue with metro and that was upgrading from the $60 to the $55 plan. the website didnt pro rate me correctly. i did an online chat with a rep and they took care of it quick and easy.

thats the only time i've had reason to deal with customer service as i've had virtually no problems with metro for the 2 years or more i've been with them.
__________________
how can you hold someone to a promise they never made to you? - common sense
THE W is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old October 21st, 2012, 11:11 PM   #13 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: New England
Gender: Male
Posts: 68
 
Device(s): LG Motion - Rooted, Galaxy S3,G-Tab - Rooted, Kindle Fire V2 - Soon to be Rooted
Carrier: When I pay 1 I'll let you know!

Thanks: 11
Thanked 14 Times in 10 Posts
Exclamation Motion a good phone. Metro Service (Zero Stars)

I started a thread over two months ago with the voice mail icon issue not showing up after recieving calls on my Motion. The thread is still here if you scroll down enough. Well, After many conversations with Metro in store, online, via voice, through Twitter, email etc. I gave up. This had been an issue since day ONE. No one wanted to help. All they wanted to do was pass the buck. I was never offered another NEW phone and since the phone was still so new there were NO refurbs to swap out with. (Mind you, I didn't want a refurb anyways as I paid full price for this Motion.)

This phone was going to be used as my primary cell/work #. After dealing for over two months with NO PROGRESS on my issue I went back to AT&T. In fact I got a S3 ridiculously cheap on the open market and have referred so many people to AT&T that those credits ensures that I won't owe anything until Jan 2013. And yes, some of those referals were MetroPCS customers fed up with the lack of service.

I had been with AT&T since they were Cingular and since Cingular had been bought by Bell Atlantic Mobile. Why I thought a prepaid phone service provider was going to be better in the realm of customer service is anyones guess.

I still use my Motion as another line and I don't plan on paying for it until my voice mail icon works. Each month I plan on stopping buy the local store where I bought it and say, "Hey, it's still not working." The girls test it and go, "Yup, still not working." and credit me for the month IN FULL. I've done it twice already and plan on doing it again this week. So I use it as a backup line and play games on it. I use it as a GPS and stream pandora on it in my truck.

I don't see my voice mail icon ever really working and eventually the phone will end up in the back of a desk drawer or stuffed under a couch cushion forgotten about. I had had high hopes for this phone and Metro. (Didn't they just get bought out anyways?)

I think the support and service you got was either RARE or you work for Metro and are trying to win people over with the service. I don't buy into the people at Metro caring about any of their customers. I can say this with experience as I have been to 11 stores to date with this phone and no one knows how to deal with this problem. The IQ of MOST of the employees I have dealt with has been at best, High School equivilent.

In fact, I'd say the folks here in this forum are much more knowledgeable on this phone and others by far. They have tried a few things and made recomendations. Alas, I've only seen the icon twice in the 3 months or so that I've had the phone. I do quite a bit of traveling so I doubt there is any relationship to location as I have tested it in the areas where the icon DID appear.

In short, you get what you pay for. I'd rather have a decent phone with excellent service/sppt anyday over this Motion backed by Metro's bumbling staff.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShlomoX View Post
I'm crazy about the motion and metro's 4g service and price and now I've had an experience with metro's customer service that has taken the metro experience over the top for me.

I was coming from having 2 metro blackberry's, one for me and one for my wife, and while they didn't do a lot, what they did do they did really good, email, text and voice.

After having the motion for some days I encountered 2 issues, the first was with my wife not receiving her emails during the course of the day like at her office as she previously had. The second for me was that I when I was received voicemails I was not receiving a voicemail icon letting me know a message was waiting.

So my wife is telling me that while she likes the idea of having a smart phone (sorry blackberry lol) but without her emails being sent to her inbox like her blackberry the phone is no good to her and she wants her blackberry back, not the most pleasant of discussions. I had also set up her main email on a couple of different apps for her to see which she liked best and she was receiving emails at home so setup wasn't the problem.

I went to the metro corporate store where I bought the phones and eventually spoke to the manager explaining my email delivery and voicemail icon issues. He understood, said he would put the issues into his system and had asked for the locations where the problems were occurring. He told me that metro would send somebody to the site where the email problem was occurring to measure metro's signal (yeah right) and see what they can do. I had had the motions at that point for only a few days and asked if I should limit use if the voicemail icon problem turns out to be a phone issue, he said not necessary and if the problem turned out to be with the phone it would be taken care of; right on. Within a couple of days emails were arriving to my wife's motion inbox and then to top it off a day or two later she gets a call from metro's technical area asking if her issue had been resolved and the phone and service were working well. Fixing the issue and then following up, she was really impressed. And she was right to be, it was impressive.

Real quick with the voicemail icon, I soon discovered that when receiving a voicemail at work the icon notification would snap open, so not a phone issue. Though I also found that if I received a voicemail at home and then gone to work the icon would still not appear. Only when receiving a new voicemail at work would an icon appear and dropping down the notification shade I would see that there were 2 voicemails the new one and the one that had been buried at home. Let my metro contact know about this and that the email was now working which was great. We agreed that I would touch base with him regarding the voicemail in about 2 weeks.

I called 2 weeks later and he looked and said it was still being worked on and to give it a little more time we agreed another couple of weeks. Truthfully my hopes for resolution were not very high. It's now been about 4 to 6 weeks since my first contact and yesterday I ran a speedtest from home, and saw that my speeds had gone from about 1.5mb to 2.5mb. The first thing I thought was to try the voicemail, so left a message for myself from another phone, and pow almost immediately a voicemail icon snapped into place wow!

Props to metro as I am amazed that my two user specific issues were resolved. Really for me one of the top customer experiences I've ever had.
SipDude is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old October 22nd, 2012, 05:55 AM   #14 (permalink)
LG Whiz Kid
 
sammyz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Pompano Beach, Fl
Gender: Male
Posts: 8,720
 
Device(s): LG Motion 4G---- LG Optimus L9
Carrier: MetroPCS

Thanks: 2,169
Thanked 2,331 Times in 1,515 Posts
Default

@SipDude, I don't remember if you did try my unbrick guide our not....well maybe you won't since metro is just letting you slide until voicemail does work
sammyz is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old October 22nd, 2012, 09:28 AM   #15 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 83
 
Device(s): LG Optimus M, LG Motion
Carrier: Metro P(retty) C(rappy) S(ervice)

Thanks: 6
Thanked 17 Times in 6 Posts
Default

Quote:
Props to metro as I am amazed that my two user specific issues were resolved. Really for me one of the top customer experiences I've ever had.
...and then he awoke from his deep, deep sleep

As my wife says, MetroPCS (Metro Pretty Crappy Service)
plasticarmyman and SipDude like this.
martyn357 is offline  
Last edited by martyn357; October 22nd, 2012 at 09:32 AM.
Reply With Quote
Old October 22nd, 2012, 09:32 AM   #16 (permalink)
LG Whiz Kid
 
sammyz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Pompano Beach, Fl
Gender: Male
Posts: 8,720
 
Device(s): LG Motion 4G---- LG Optimus L9
Carrier: MetroPCS

Thanks: 2,169
Thanked 2,331 Times in 1,515 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by martyn357 View Post
...and then he awoke from his deep, deep sleep
sammyz is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old December 26th, 2012, 09:31 PM   #17 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: New England
Gender: Male
Posts: 68
 
Device(s): LG Motion - Rooted, Galaxy S3,G-Tab - Rooted, Kindle Fire V2 - Soon to be Rooted
Carrier: When I pay 1 I'll let you know!

Thanks: 11
Thanked 14 Times in 10 Posts
Default

Hey Sammy, and everyone. happy holidays. Sammy, yes, tried the unbrick guide you had posted with no luck.

However I just got in from my local Metro store. (Yup, credited for another free month as the voice mail icon still isn't reliable.) I see it on the rarest occasions yet have voice mail most evenings with no icon. Shrug.

I'll be going on 6 months without paying for any service. Still a great phone though. I use it for a GPS, stream Pandora, Netflix, and will be tethering my soon to be Rooted Kindle Fire I got for the holidays from my G/F. (Why she got me a Kindle, I'll never know.)

Again, I can't stress how nice this phone is but how lax the Metro support team has been. I was only in the store for about 10 minutes today. (Long enough for them to credit me my free month and explain to the new assistant manager that my issue still hasn't been resolved - hence the credit.) He even appoligized for the hassle and assured me someone would be working on it. ((Sure-Whatever.))

I left wishing them a Happy New Year and that I'd see them next month sans voice-mail icon indicator.
sammyz likes this.
SipDude is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old December 27th, 2012, 10:45 PM   #18 (permalink)
LG Whiz Kid
 
sammyz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Pompano Beach, Fl
Gender: Male
Posts: 8,720
 
Device(s): LG Motion 4G---- LG Optimus L9
Carrier: MetroPCS

Thanks: 2,169
Thanked 2,331 Times in 1,515 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SipDude View Post
Hey Sammy, and everyone. happy holidays. Sammy, yes, tried the unbrick guide you had posted with no luck.

However I just got in from my local Metro store. (Yup, credited for another free month as the voice mail icon still isn't reliable.) I see it on the rarest occasions yet have voice mail most evenings with no icon. Shrug.

I'll be going on 6 months without paying for any service. Still a great phone though. I use it for a GPS, stream Pandora, Netflix, and will be tethering my soon to be Rooted Kindle Fire I got for the holidays from my G/F. (Why she got me a Kindle, I'll never know.)

Again, I can't stress how nice this phone is but how lax the Metro support team has been. I was only in the store for about 10 minutes today. (Long enough for them to credit me my free month and explain to the new assistant manager that my issue still hasn't been resolved - hence the credit.) He even appoligized for the hassle and assured me someone would be working on it. ((Sure-Whatever.))

I left wishing them a Happy New Year and that I'd see them next month sans voice-mail icon indicator.
Well, this just comes to show that customer service with Metro does rule and yea, you're gonna flash CM10 on your tablet, aren't you?? Lol.

Happy Holidays!
sammyz is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old December 27th, 2012, 10:57 PM   #19 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: New England
Gender: Male
Posts: 68
 
Device(s): LG Motion - Rooted, Galaxy S3,G-Tab - Rooted, Kindle Fire V2 - Soon to be Rooted
Carrier: When I pay 1 I'll let you know!

Thanks: 11
Thanked 14 Times in 10 Posts
Default

Actually I'm thinking about having my g/f return the Kindle Fire and I'll get a Nexus 7. (A much better tablet. - One that I don't even think merits rooting as it is pretty open to begin with.

Now, If I can only think of a nice way to let my g/f know she got me the wrong tablet. (It's the thought that counts.)

Happy New Year!
sammyz likes this.
SipDude is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old December 28th, 2012, 12:38 PM   #20 (permalink)
LG Whiz Kid
 
sammyz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Pompano Beach, Fl
Gender: Male
Posts: 8,720
 
Device(s): LG Motion 4G---- LG Optimus L9
Carrier: MetroPCS

Thanks: 2,169
Thanked 2,331 Times in 1,515 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SipDude View Post
Actually I'm thinking about having my g/f return the Kindle Fire and I'll get a Nexus 7. (A much better tablet. - One that I don't even think merits rooting as it is pretty open to begin with.

Now, If I can only think of a nice way to let my g/f know she got me the wrong tablet. (It's the thought that counts.)

Happy New Year!
Here's the Nexus 7 forum if you get one: Nexus 7

It's a great community over there, and make sure you read the sticky's before flashing a new ROM, the most important one being this one:
http://androidforums.com/nexus-7-all-things-root/658566-google-wallet.html
sammyz is online now  
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old December 30th, 2012, 11:10 AM   #21 (permalink)
La patience et le pardon
 
gbiggie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Detroit,Michigan
Gender: Male
Posts: 6,904
 
Device(s): Samsung Galaxy S IV
Carrier: T-Mobile

Thanks: 2,640
Thanked 2,690 Times in 1,854 Posts
Default

Moving your thread over to the Metro PCS forum
gbiggie is online now  
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to gbiggie For This Useful Post:
sammyz (December 30th, 2012)
Old January 3rd, 2013, 12:39 PM   #22 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Tampa, FL
Gender: Female
Posts: 16
 
Device(s): Current: Samsung Galaxy S3 (2 -Motorola Droid X *rooted)
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 4
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

I came to the forum to begin researching problems and found this thread.

I've been with MetroPCS for just a few weeks. Loving the Samsung Galaxy S3 and service is "good" just about everywhere EXCEPT at my home. I had several issues with in first few days and called CS MANY times... horrible experiences!! I am kicking myself for not researching about the company before switching carriers.

I have two very big issues. One is that the cell signal and 3G/4G SUCK inside my home, but yet is GREAT in any other building I am in (even banks and Sam's club where I would not have service with Verizon!) The answer is that I am smack dab in the middle of 2 cell towers and getting weak signal. No resloution. Have to use Wifi calling app (Joyn) at home and it is is spotty at best! I don't get texts till hours later sometimes.

Also, a crazy issue that I cannot use my home phone to call my cell phone. The call does not show up on missed calls, rings via land line end 3 times, silent for about 2 rings and goes to VM. Takes VM 1/2 hour to show up! They cannot figure it out. Metro says its my home phone problem, and Home phone says its Metro issue.

Will be posting my issues in other area when I find the right spot. Just figured I'd weigh my 2 cents abotuthe level of CS. Very disapointing!
Jaimie is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old January 3rd, 2013, 01:23 PM   #23 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
OcalaFlGuy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Paroled, but my POs are watching and listening...
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,932
 
Device(s): LG Nexus 4-16G LG Spirit (Sold) LG Motion (Sold), 2 DroidX (Sold)
Carrier: TMetroPCS

Thanks: 182
Thanked 412 Times in 332 Posts
Default

Try taking it to their Facebook page. The seem to react quickly there and if they call you from that, the call's from Dallas, not Bombay. Someone here clued me in on this and it worked fine.

Bruce in Ocala, FL
Jaimie and Gman9831 like this.
OcalaFlGuy is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old January 3rd, 2013, 03:12 PM   #24 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Tampa, FL
Gender: Female
Posts: 16
 
Device(s): Current: Samsung Galaxy S3 (2 -Motorola Droid X *rooted)
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 4
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by OcalaFlGuy View Post
Try taking it to their Facebook page. The seem to react quickly there and if they call you from that, the call's from Dallas, not Bombay. Someone here clued me in on this and it worked fine.

Bruce in Ocala, FL
I actually did take it to the facebook page and got some reply there and a Local person in the "escalation" customer service, which is how I found out I was in between 2 cell towers and MetroPCS has no plans to boost signal or more towers. Thank you for the advice!! Icannot be the only one in my area having issues....
Jaimie is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old January 3rd, 2013, 08:15 PM   #25 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Broward, FL
Posts: 56
 
Device(s): LG Optimus M (x2), Huawei Ascend, Samsung Code (x3)
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 16
Thanked 9 Times in 3 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaimie View Post
I came to the forum to begin researching problems and found this thread.

I've been with MetroPCS for just a few weeks. Loving the Samsung Galaxy S3 and service is "good" just about everywhere EXCEPT at my home. I had several issues with in first few days and called CS MANY times... horrible experiences!! I am kicking myself for not researching about the company before switching carriers.

I have two very big issues. One is that the cell signal and 3G/4G SUCK inside my home, but yet is GREAT in any other building I am in (even banks and Sam's club where I would not have service with Verizon!) The answer is that I am smack dab in the middle of 2 cell towers and getting weak signal. No resloution. Have to use Wifi calling app (Joyn) at home and it is is spotty at best! I don't get texts till hours later sometimes.

Also, a crazy issue that I cannot use my home phone to call my cell phone. The call does not show up on missed calls, rings via land line end 3 times, silent for about 2 rings and goes to VM. Takes VM 1/2 hour to show up! They cannot figure it out. Metro says its my home phone problem, and Home phone says its Metro issue.

Will be posting my issues in other area when I find the right spot. Just figured I'd weigh my 2 cents abotuthe level of CS. Very disapointing!
You can buy antenna you put outside your home to get better reception that re broadcast in your home. About 200 at tiger direct.
bbfugitive is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old January 4th, 2013, 01:49 AM   #26 (permalink)
I'm no Senior
 
Gman9831's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: South Florida
Posts: 2,978
 
Device(s): Note 3
Carrier: T-Mobile

Thanks: 172
Thanked 990 Times in 678 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbfugitive View Post
You can buy antenna you put outside your home to get better reception that re broadcast in your home. About 200 at tiger direct.
Just to let you know at least 80% of those don't support metro but since he's in Tampa it could probably work
Gman9831 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old January 5th, 2013, 05:21 AM   #27 (permalink)
Member
 
PHP87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: A Burger King bathroom...
Gender: Male
Posts: 282
 
Device(s): Rooted LG Spirit, Rooted Wintouch Q86 8" Tablet.
Carrier: Metro PCS $30.00 Promo Plan.

Thanks: 72
Thanked 19 Times in 18 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SipDude View Post
I started a thread over two months ago with the voice mail icon issue not showing up after recieving calls on my Motion. The thread is still here if you scroll down enough. Well, After many conversations with Metro in store, online, via voice, through Twitter, email etc. I gave up. This had been an issue since day ONE. No one wanted to help. All they wanted to do was pass the buck. I was never offered another NEW phone and since the phone was still so new there were NO refurbs to swap out with. (Mind you, I didn't want a refurb anyways as I paid full price for this Motion.)

This phone was going to be used as my primary cell/work #. After dealing for over two months with NO PROGRESS on my issue I went back to AT&T. In fact I got a S3 ridiculously cheap on the open market and have referred so many people to AT&T that those credits ensures that I won't owe anything until Jan 2013. And yes, some of those referals were MetroPCS customers fed up with the lack of service.

I had been with AT&T since they were Cingular and since Cingular had been bought by Bell Atlantic Mobile. Why I thought a prepaid phone service provider was going to be better in the realm of customer service is anyones guess.

I still use my Motion as another line and I don't plan on paying for it until my voice mail icon works. Each month I plan on stopping buy the local store where I bought it and say, "Hey, it's still not working." The girls test it and go, "Yup, still not working." and credit me for the month IN FULL. I've done it twice already and plan on doing it again this week. So I use it as a backup line and play games on it. I use it as a GPS and stream pandora on it in my truck.

I don't see my voice mail icon ever really working and eventually the phone will end up in the back of a desk drawer or stuffed under a couch cushion forgotten about. I had had high hopes for this phone and Metro. (Didn't they just get bought out anyways?)

I think the support and service you got was either RARE or you work for Metro and are trying to win people over with the service. I don't buy into the people at Metro caring about any of their customers. I can say this with experience as I have been to 11 stores to date with this phone and no one knows how to deal with this problem. The IQ of MOST of the employees I have dealt with has been at best, High School equivilent.

In fact, I'd say the folks here in this forum are much more knowledgeable on this phone and others by far. They have tried a few things and made recomendations. Alas, I've only seen the icon twice in the 3 months or so that I've had the phone. I do quite a bit of traveling so I doubt there is any relationship to location as I have tested it in the areas where the icon DID appear.

In short, you get what you pay for. I'd rather have a decent phone with excellent service/sppt anyday over this Motion backed by Metro's bumbling staff.
Have you tried contacting LG? The Motion comes with a 1-year Parts and Labor Warranty.
twogbsd likes this.
PHP87 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old January 29th, 2013, 03:23 PM   #28 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Tampa, FL
Gender: Female
Posts: 16
 
Device(s): Current: Samsung Galaxy S3 (2 -Motorola Droid X *rooted)
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 4
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaimie View Post
I actually did take it to the facebook page and got some reply there and a Local person in the "escalation" customer service, which is how I found out I was in between 2 cell towers and MetroPCS has no plans to boost signal or more towers. Thank you for the advice!! Icannot be the only one in my area having issues....

UPDATE: MetroPCS escalation Rep helped me for several days and everythign we tried failed to help. I even was able to pick up a new brand phone/device and still ALL of the same problems. Reception in my home, my home phone line not ringing to my phone, no 4G service near home....etc.

I'm wondering if rooting/rom will do me any good....
Jaimie is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old January 29th, 2013, 06:55 PM   #29 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: New England
Gender: Male
Posts: 68
 
Device(s): LG Motion - Rooted, Galaxy S3,G-Tab - Rooted, Kindle Fire V2 - Soon to be Rooted
Carrier: When I pay 1 I'll let you know!

Thanks: 11
Thanked 14 Times in 10 Posts
Default

@Jaimie - Wow, They gave you a new phone? I gave up months ago. Doubtful rooting helps your signal issues.

@PHP87 - After contacting LG I was informed this wasn't a phone issue but an issue with the service. I printed out the email and showed it to the girls at Metro and all they said they can do is credit me another month. I figure it this way. I bought the phone and have had it for umm... 5 months now??? I got it the second day it was out. I'm yet to pay Metro a single dime of my money. Is it a pain to go down to the local store for my credit once a month? Not really. The girls are nice and super cute! ;-)

Other than the voice mail icon being MIA since day 1, it works ok for the most part.

Hope everyone is staying warm. It's cold here in the N.E. :-)
SipDude is online now  
Last edited by SipDude; January 29th, 2013 at 08:30 PM.
Reply With Quote
Old January 30th, 2013, 10:59 PM   #30 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Sterling Heights, MI
Posts: 220
 
Device(s): N/A
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 70
Thanked 31 Times in 27 Posts
Default

It's all in who you deal with... Metro does offer this for every customer, it's just if who you're speaking with is willing to make it happen... I used to make this happen when I ran a few stores (authorized dealer.) Metro really doesn't have bad support, they just have some bad people here and there working for them (who doesn't?) Once they weed out the lazy ones Metro won't be stopped...
allmanallpimp is offline  
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old March 9th, 2013, 07:36 PM   #31 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Ft WorthTX
Gender: Male
Posts: 61
 
Device(s): LGNS840V
Carrier: metro pcs

Thanks: 12
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Default Re: Metro Customer Service Rules

Anytime dealing with corporate stores & customer service is SHIT the will not listen they have their own agenda and it's NOT CUSTOMER SERVICE.
txmarkel is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old March 11th, 2013, 12:30 PM   #32 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: New England
Gender: Male
Posts: 68
 
Device(s): LG Motion - Rooted, Galaxy S3,G-Tab - Rooted, Kindle Fire V2 - Soon to be Rooted
Carrier: When I pay 1 I'll let you know!

Thanks: 11
Thanked 14 Times in 10 Posts
Default

Coming up on Month #7 (Over half a year now) and I have to say this is the best FREE service I have ever had. Aside from the voice mail icon working about 60% of the time it is a great phone.

I'd agree customer service departments have their own agenda and it is NOT about helping their customers. It really is a shame no one can fix my isssue but eh... Free service is OK provided I walk in once a month into the local store and say "Yep, still not fixed." *shrug*

Nicer weather is coming and I've promised the cuter of the two girls at my local MetroPCS store a ride on the back of the Harley this Spring. She's quite stoked about it too. :-)

The benefits of Metro Eh? :-)
SipDude is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old March 11th, 2013, 01:09 PM   #33 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
OcalaFlGuy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Paroled, but my POs are watching and listening...
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,932
 
Device(s): LG Nexus 4-16G LG Spirit (Sold) LG Motion (Sold), 2 DroidX (Sold)
Carrier: TMetroPCS

Thanks: 182
Thanked 412 Times in 332 Posts
Default

First, I have no issue with you getting your free service, good on ya. (I've been known to enjoy watching a Carrier dance for me myself.. )

2ndly, IMO, the Manager of that store should be demoted or fired. As should any associate who has given you a 2nd (or more) month free service. (After your 2nd free month you should be on "Please See My Manager" status.) <Again, no Diss to you, just X-tra oversight on their part.>

There's some lazy ass bitches (used non-genderwise) working at that store. P's me Off as much as I'd like one of those jobs. Doesn't sound like they've done anything to really investigate the issue, they just amble over and do the easy peasy credit your account thingy. If there isn't there should be a daily printout for the Manager of store credits issued and the phone number. Anyone getting a month's service credit should have an open problem ticket for it with the Mothership. Before your first free month they should have done the hard resets, reprograms, stray pet sacrifices or whatever to try and ID the issue. About the 2nd month you got free your credit printout should be on the wall of the Managers office circled in blood. As soon as you showed them the Email from LG saying it's not the phone, the Manager should have escalated the issue with the Mothership.

Instead, the clerks and the store Manager would rather collect their pay and p*ss away the Profit that Metro uses to make their checks out with. If they could not have fixed the issue by the 3rd month, which would have been close to the time they dropped the price on the Motions, they should have just given you a new one.

Your Freebie service withstanding, the rest is one sorry ass state of affairs.

And so far as that clerk goes, if she won't put anymore effort than that into her Job, she's probably a dead fish lay.

Bruce in Ocala, FL
OcalaFlGuy is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old March 12th, 2013, 12:49 AM   #34 (permalink)
Member
 
Kaiser17's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Atlanta, GA
Gender: Male
Posts: 474
 
Device(s): Samsung Galaxy Indulge 4G, LG Optimus M, Samsung Admire, Coolpad Quattro 4G, LG Motion 4G
Carrier: MetroPCS

Thanks: 32
Thanked 161 Times in 78 Posts
Default Re: Metro Customer Service Rules

This really is a shocker hearing about Metro actually doing all this..such as metro actually sending out a tech to your area to fix your vm problem.. not like metro at all.

Either all of this is true, or you work for metro and this is some kind of ploy to make metro look good.
__________________
Regards,
Kaiser
Kaiser17 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old March 13th, 2013, 12:02 PM   #35 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: New England
Gender: Male
Posts: 68
 
Device(s): LG Motion - Rooted, Galaxy S3,G-Tab - Rooted, Kindle Fire V2 - Soon to be Rooted
Carrier: When I pay 1 I'll let you know!

Thanks: 11
Thanked 14 Times in 10 Posts
Default

Shlomox was the one who said he had someone come out (field rep) and figure out his problem. I honestly don't believe Metro has any competent engineers if any engineers at all that work for them. At least not in my region.

I hear what Bruce in FL is saying about how this should have been resolved by the 2nd month and surely by the 3rd month I should have been given a new phone. With people like this working at MetroPCS, one wonders HOW they stay in business?!

ALAS...

I honestly think at times that Metro could care less about my issue. I've called now and then. Dropped them a Twitter bomb and had my G/F contact them on Facebook. Each time they assured me someone would look into this "Issue". Each time they've dropped the ball and either blamed the phone, the end user (me!), or stated they have escalated it.

I find that the people at these retail stores and most people I have talked to on the phone about this issue A: Don't care about anything and B: Work for such a low wage they could go flip burgers if things don't work out at MetroPCS. Hey, there's always a Walmart hiring down the street.

With that said the days of finding good retail help anywhere is next to nonexistent. Look at how "Entitled" the youth of today feels. (I'm talking about anyone 23 years old and younger.) Most of these kids DON'T know what it is like to WORK HARD. I'm amazed anything gets done in retail and as the middle-aged to older crowd leaves the workforce we are all going to be in trouble.

Like minded parents agree with me on this. Their kids are in college and studying their brains out to get these high priced jobs that are in such a short supply. The only thing these kids can do is STAY in school and continue their education so as to defer the mountains of college debt they keep deferring. To supplement their lifestyle they take these menial jobs in retail and such just to earn a paycheck.

These kids want instant gratification with doing as little work as possible. We live in a throw away society today with so much waste including employees wasting valuable job space. I myself thought it would be funny to apply for a part time position at another Metro store just to see how far I could get with my issue. (I still might!)

I've learned much from these forums (Much more than anywhere else) about these phones. There are some pretty smart folks here. So kudos where kudos are well deserved.

As for the girl at Metro. She told me this was just a 2nd job for her and seems pretty intelligent. Regardless it might be a fun summer with her on the back of my bike.

And for my "Free phone"... I'll keep using it...

Cheers!

(Rereading this... Oooo Hopefully I didn't offend anyone.) But eh, it's my opinion and quite honestly I think this country has gone to hell and feel the youth of today is a huge part of the problem. This country has gotten L-A-Z-Y.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiser17 View Post
This really is a shocker hearing about Metro actually doing all this..such as metro actually sending out a tech to your area to fix your vm problem.. not like metro at all.

Either all of this is true, or you work for metro and this is some kind of ploy to make metro look good.
SipDude is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old March 25th, 2013, 03:53 AM   #36 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 1
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShlomoX View Post
I'm crazy about the motion and metro's 4g service and price and now I've had an experience with metro's customer service that has taken the metro experience over the top for me.

I was coming from having 2 metro blackberry's, one for me and one for my wife, and while they didn't do a lot, what they did do they did really good, email, text and voice.

After having the motion for some days I encountered 2 issues, the first was with my wife not receiving her emails during the course of the day like at her office as she previously had. The second for me was that I when I was received voicemails I was not receiving a voicemail icon letting me know a message was waiting.

So my wife is telling me that while she likes the idea of having a smart phone (sorry blackberry lol) but without her emails being sent to her inbox like her blackberry the phone is no good to her and she wants her blackberry back, not the most pleasant of discussions. I had also set up her main email on a couple of different apps for her to see which she liked best and she was receiving emails at home so setup wasn't the problem.

I went to the metro corporate store where I bought the phones and eventually spoke to the manager explaining my email delivery and voicemail icon issues. He understood, said he would put the issues into his system and had asked for the locations where the problems were occurring. He told me that metro would send somebody to the site where the email problem was occurring to measure metro's signal (yeah right) and see what they can do. I had had the motions at that point for only a few days and asked if I should limit use if the voicemail icon problem turns out to be a phone issue, he said not necessary and if the problem turned out to be with the phone it would be taken care of; right on. Within a couple of days emails were arriving to my wife's motion inbox and then to top it off a day or two later she gets a call from metro's technical area asking if her issue had been resolved and the phone and service were working well. Fixing the issue and then following up, she was really impressed. And she was right to be, it was impressive.

Real quick with the voicemail icon, I soon discovered that when receiving a voicemail at work the icon notification would snap open, so not a phone issue. Though I also found that if I received a voicemail at home and then gone to work the icon would still not appear. Only when receiving a new voicemail at work would an icon appear and dropping down the notification shade I would see that there were 2 voicemails the new one and the one that had been buried at home. Let my metro contact know about this and that the email was now working which was great. We agreed that I would touch base with him regarding the voicemail in about 2 weeks.

I called 2 weeks later and he looked and said it was still being worked on and to give it a little more time we agreed another couple of weeks. Truthfully my hopes for resolution were not very high. It's now been about 4 to 6 weeks since my first contact and yesterday I ran a speedtest from home, and saw that my speeds had gone from about 1.5mb to 2.5mb. The first thing I thought was to try the voicemail, so left a message for myself from another phone, and pow almost immediately a voicemail icon snapped into place wow!

Props to metro as I am amazed that my two user specific issues were resolved. Really for me one of the top customer experiences I've ever had.
this is all VERY RARE. from metro...WOW! I hope I can get this type of service with them. Crossing fingers for a quick resolution to my motion problems.
chelsealee is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old March 25th, 2013, 07:36 AM   #37 (permalink)
LG Whiz Kid
 
sammyz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Pompano Beach, Fl
Gender: Male
Posts: 8,720
 
Device(s): LG Motion 4G---- LG Optimus L9
Carrier: MetroPCS

Thanks: 2,169
Thanked 2,331 Times in 1,515 Posts
Default Re: Metro Customer Service Rules

What's your problem?

My motion works fine
sammyz is online now  
Reply With Quote
Reply


Go Back   Android Forums > Android Carriers > Metro PCS
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:34 AM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.