Go Back   Android Forums > Android Carriers > Metro PCS

Get excited for the Samsung Galaxy S5! Find everything you need and discuss it in our Galaxy S5 Forum!

Like Tree5Likes
  • 1 Post By LeeoJohnson
  • 2 Post By averagewonder
  • 2 Post By Gman9831

test: Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old February 3rd, 2013, 03:55 AM   #1 (permalink)
Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
LeeoJohnson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Tampa FL
Posts: 161
 
Device(s): Huawei Ascend 2.2, LG Esteem, LG Spirit 4G, Samsung Galaxy S3, Samsung Galaxy Mega
Carrier: MetroPCS

Thanks: 185
Thanked 14 Times in 11 Posts
Default LG Spirit or Samsung GS3?

Very briefly (preferably minus any bias lol) can a few of you forum wisemen list some pros and cons for those of us interested.

This is a tough decision for me but it boils down to; does SGS3 have Jelly Bean? And also, is it possible for LG Spirit to receive a Jelly Bean update?
2GigayteSD likes this.

LeeoJohnson is offline  
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old February 3rd, 2013, 05:06 AM   #2 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
2GigayteSD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: ▂▃▅▆█ MetroPOS
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,940
 
Device(s): LG Motion 4G, Three Sammy Admires, SGT 2 7.0, Some random Nextbook tablet.
Carrier: MetroPOS

Thanks: 839
Thanked 468 Times in 322 Posts
Default Re: LG Spirit or Samsung GS3?

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeeoJohnson View Post
Very briefly (preferably minus any bias lol) can a few of you forum wisemen list some pros and cons for those of us interested.

This is a tough decision for me but it boils down to; does SGS3 have Jelly Bean? And also, is it possible for LG Spirit to receive a Jelly Bean update?
The SGSIII does have Jelly Bean, and the Spirit can (in time) get Jelly Bean also. Tbh, its really what you can afford. If you don't have much money, then The Motion or Spirit would be a better choice. If money is no object, then SGSIII would be for you. They both have nice screens, good battery life, ICS (stock), and fast processors. So, like I said, its really what you can afford.
2GigayteSD is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to 2GigayteSD For This Useful Post:
LeeoJohnson (February 4th, 2013)
Old February 3rd, 2013, 05:42 AM   #3 (permalink)
Member
 
averagewonder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Palm Coast, Fla
Gender: Male
Posts: 416
 
Device(s): Tmobile branded S4, Asus Transformer prime.
Carrier: Metro PCS

Thanks: 14
Thanked 61 Times in 50 Posts
Default

I con cur if you have the funds get the S3 you won't be disappointed there is a good amount of dev support for it with I think the last time I checked 5 roms including one that has jb. Plus there is an official JB update coming very soon. At the same time I've yet to hear anything bad about the spirit except for a 5mp camera that's about it. But it also just came out.
n4zty and 2GigayteSD like this.
averagewonder is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to averagewonder For This Useful Post:
LeeoJohnson (February 4th, 2013)
Old February 3rd, 2013, 03:28 PM   #4 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 1
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

Looking over the specs for the Spirit, it appears that it is basically identical to the Motion but with a larger screen.
crzyn8 is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to crzyn8 For This Useful Post:
LeeoJohnson (February 4th, 2013)
Old February 3rd, 2013, 03:29 PM   #5 (permalink)
I'm no Senior
 
Gman9831's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: South Florida
Posts: 2,825
 
Device(s): Samsung Galaxy S3, LG Motion(SOLD), LG Connect, Samsung Galaxy Indulge, LG Optimus M (All rooted)
Carrier: MetroPCS

Thanks: 149
Thanked 916 Times in 624 Posts
Default Re: LG Spirit or Samsung GS3?

Quote:
Originally Posted by crzyn8 View Post
Looking over the specs for the Spirit, it appears that it is basically identical to the Motion but with a larger screen.
What everyone's been saying since November
sammyz and 2GigayteSD like this.
__________________
If a person has helped you give them a Thanks
Gman9831 is online now  
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Gman9831 For This Useful Post:
LeeoJohnson (February 4th, 2013)
Old February 3rd, 2013, 04:09 PM   #6 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 542
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 169
Thanked 108 Times in 62 Posts
Default

If you have the money for the SGS3, get it. It has good developer support, (i remember the day it came out it already had root and recovery, lol)
SGS3 will also get an official jellybean update this month
__________________
Ubercharrge is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Ubercharrge For This Useful Post:
LeeoJohnson (February 4th, 2013)
Old February 3rd, 2013, 05:24 PM   #7 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
n4zty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Gender: Male
Posts: 4,302
 
Device(s): Samsung Galaxy S3 Nexus 7 Unlocked and Rooted
Carrier: MetroPcs

Thanks: 670
Thanked 1,701 Times in 1,080 Posts
Default

no word on spirit or any other device cept the gs3 getting the beanz its plausible but no rumorz yet.
__________________
Musician and Beat producer check out my beatz @ http://soundcloud.com/chosen-1-records
n4zty is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to n4zty For This Useful Post:
LeeoJohnson (February 4th, 2013)
Old February 4th, 2013, 12:19 AM   #8 (permalink)
Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
LeeoJohnson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Tampa FL
Posts: 161
 
Device(s): Huawei Ascend 2.2, LG Esteem, LG Spirit 4G, Samsung Galaxy S3, Samsung Galaxy Mega
Carrier: MetroPCS

Thanks: 185
Thanked 14 Times in 11 Posts
Default

Thanks guys for you support.

The S3 is still 399 on WFly. It's pretty affordable but that extra 200 could be another car or utility bills payment. Nahmean? lol

So I guess my next question is, is Jelly Bean really that much better than ICS? I mean, JB has Google Now, which I'd really like to have. But other than that, the LG Spirit 4g is the epitome of what I've been preaching about MPCS for years. And I could buy 2 Spirits for the price of 1 SG3.

Okay, decision made lol.

Thanks for your input guys! Any new phones on the horizon? lol.
LeeoJohnson is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old February 4th, 2013, 12:21 AM   #9 (permalink)
I'm no Senior
 
Gman9831's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: South Florida
Posts: 2,825
 
Device(s): Samsung Galaxy S3, LG Motion(SOLD), LG Connect, Samsung Galaxy Indulge, LG Optimus M (All rooted)
Carrier: MetroPCS

Thanks: 149
Thanked 916 Times in 624 Posts
Default Re: LG Spirit or Samsung GS3?

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeeoJohnson View Post
Thanks for your input guys! Any new phones on the horizon? lol.
Metro probably waiting for merger to be finalized
Gman9831 is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old February 4th, 2013, 12:27 AM   #10 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
2GigayteSD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: ▂▃▅▆█ MetroPOS
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,940
 
Device(s): LG Motion 4G, Three Sammy Admires, SGT 2 7.0, Some random Nextbook tablet.
Carrier: MetroPOS

Thanks: 839
Thanked 468 Times in 322 Posts
Default Re: LG Spirit or Samsung GS3?

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeeoJohnson View Post
Thanks guys for you support.

The S3 is still 399 on WFly. It's pretty affordable but that extra 200 could be another car or utility bills payment. Nahmean? lol

So I guess my next question is, is Jelly Bean really that much better than ICS? I mean, JB has Google Now, which I'd really like to have. But other than that, the LG Spirit 4g is the epitome of what I've been preaching about MPCS for years. And I could buy 2 Spirits for the price of 1 SG3.

Okay, decision made lol.

Thanks for your input guys! Any new phones on the horizon? lol.
You can get Google Now on ICS with root and I think the Spirit can use the Motion root method
2GigayteSD is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to 2GigayteSD For This Useful Post:
LeeoJohnson (February 5th, 2013)
sponsored links
Old February 4th, 2013, 01:03 AM   #11 (permalink)
Member
 
averagewonder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Palm Coast, Fla
Gender: Male
Posts: 416
 
Device(s): Tmobile branded S4, Asus Transformer prime.
Carrier: Metro PCS

Thanks: 14
Thanked 61 Times in 50 Posts
Default

you should see if you can find a store or just a person who has either phone and see if they will let you for lack of a better word play with each phone no matter what any of us say it boils down to your decision. I would have not gotten the S3 myself if I didn't have the option to have it financed. That being said I'm very happy with my decision but i would more than likely have gotten the spirit if I didn't have my S3.
averagewonder is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old February 4th, 2013, 10:46 AM   #12 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Miami, FL
Gender: Male
Posts: 195
 
Device(s): Galaxy s3 - t999N
Carrier: Metropcs

Thanks: 1
Thanked 25 Times in 19 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by averagewonder View Post
you should see if you can find a store or just a person who has either phone and see if they will let you for lack of a better word play with each phone no matter what any of us say it boils down to your decision. I would have not gotten the S3 myself if I didn't have the option to have it financed. That being said I'm very happy with my decision but i would more than likely have gotten the spirit if I didn't have my S3.

You were able to get Bill Float to work when you bought your S3?? How?! I've been trying for a week and it keeps telling me its not available, gave me the same error when I tested with the Spirit.
Vyrus69 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old February 4th, 2013, 05:27 PM   #13 (permalink)
Member
 
averagewonder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Palm Coast, Fla
Gender: Male
Posts: 416
 
Device(s): Tmobile branded S4, Asus Transformer prime.
Carrier: Metro PCS

Thanks: 14
Thanked 61 Times in 50 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vyrus69 View Post
You were able to get Bill Float to work when you bought your S3?? How?! I've been trying for a week and it keeps telling me its not available, gave me the same error when I tested with the Spirit.

No actually I was going to use the bill float but I found out the a bunch of the stores close to me are doing the 3rd party financing which was fine cause I only gave the $40 and got my phone. Call around and ask if they are doing it if your interested but get all the details first.
averagewonder is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to averagewonder For This Useful Post:
LeeoJohnson (February 5th, 2013)
Old February 4th, 2013, 07:33 PM   #14 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 542
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 169
Thanked 108 Times in 62 Posts
Default

are you getting the s3? if so you'll enjoy it. also it has s-voice which is awesome, like siri and google now combined.
Ubercharrge is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply


Go Back   Android Forums > Android Carriers > Metro PCS
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:45 PM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.