Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > Motorola Milestone > Milestone - All Things Root
Milestone - All Things Root Rooting, ROMS, Overclocking, etc.

Find everything you need for the Galaxy S5 and discuss it in our S5 forum!
Have you seen that OnePlus One's awesome camera?? The forum is over here!

test: Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old June 23rd, 2010, 05:54 AM   #1 (permalink)
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 309
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 7
Thanked 19 Times in 15 Posts
Default SetCPU/ Milestone Overclock best practice settings

I have now been using the overclocking function for over a month and would like to report on the settings found to be most effective.

I use a combination of apps to achieve excellent battery consumption (1 1/2 days generally).

1. Screebl, set to 15 seconds.
2. Milestone Overclock, set to custom 1000 MHz @ 69 vsel
3. SetCPU general 1000/500 with charge 250/1000 and sleep 250/500

Ive found that the 125 MHz setting does not push enough juice to the radios and i sometimes get glitches with the touch panel/ dialler when SetCPUs ondemand governor is waking up to a call or 3g connection.

Also, the lowered vsel value of 69 seems to save a half day's battery as opposed to standard 1000 MHz/ 72 vsel offered by Milestone Overclock.

Screebl is a must for anyone who doesnt have it, as its simply the most effective battery manager out there. Would like a five seconds option though

Hope this helps some folks...

ftgg99 is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ftgg99 For This Useful Post:
matin_08 (November 6th, 2010), Szadzik (June 23rd, 2010)
sponsored links
Old June 23rd, 2010, 06:23 AM   #2 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Szadzik's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Gender: Male
Posts: 5,413
 
Device(s): Galaxy S4 Galaxy Note 10.1 Nexus 7 2013 LTE
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 208
Thanked 729 Times in 616 Posts
Default

I stopped using SetCPU and android is managing the CPU and battery pretty well. I will try Screebl though.
__________________
OT MaxDB, CD1, CD5, J5, GD96, ME45, T68i, X6, CX65, A925, E398, MPx200, X6-2, OT715, D600E, W810, M600i, BB8100, W880, N95-2, P1i, Ignito, W880, X1, MS1, MS2, TP851, XT910, GTab 10.1, SGS3, SGS4, SGNote 10.1, Nexus 7 II
Szadzik is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old June 23rd, 2010, 02:15 PM   #3 (permalink)
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 309
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 7
Thanked 19 Times in 15 Posts
Default

im not sure were talking about the same thing - i use setcpu to overclock the phone - something android does not manage by itself bud (at least not in profiles)
ftgg99 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old June 23rd, 2010, 02:19 PM   #4 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Szadzik's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Gender: Male
Posts: 5,413
 
Device(s): Galaxy S4 Galaxy Note 10.1 Nexus 7 2013 LTE
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 208
Thanked 729 Times in 616 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ftgg99 View Post
im not sure were talking about the same thing - i use setcpu to overclock the phone - something android does not manage by itself bud (at least not in profiles)
SetCPU does not overclock the Milestone - Milestone Overclock does. SetCPU only provides utilities to set profiles for when the phone is not used so that less battery is used, but Android does the same even without SetCPU running.
Szadzik is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old June 24th, 2010, 11:28 PM   #5 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 25
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 1
Thanked 3 Times in 2 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ftgg99 View Post
I have now been using the overclocking function for over a month and would like to report on the settings found to be most effective.

I use a combination of apps to achieve excellent battery consumption (1 1/2 days generally).

1. Screebl, set to 15 seconds.
2. Milestone Overclock, set to custom 1000 MHz @ 69 vsel
3. SetCPU general 1000/500 with charge 250/1000 and sleep 250/500

Ive found that the 125 MHz setting does not push enough juice to the radios and i sometimes get glitches with the touch panel/ dialler when SetCPUs ondemand governor is waking up to a call or 3g connection.

Also, the lowered vsel value of 69 seems to save a half day's battery as opposed to standard 1000 MHz/ 72 vsel offered by Milestone Overclock.

Screebl is a must for anyone who doesnt have it, as its simply the most effective battery manager out there. Would like a five seconds option though

Hope this helps some folks...
this setting better for battery life


[How-To] vsel's, mpu_opps etc. [Overclocking] - Android-Hilfe.de

echo "58" > /proc/overclock/max_vsel
echo "1000000" > /proc/overclock/max_rate
echo "1 125000000 16" > /proc/overlock/mpu_opps
echo "2 250000000 22" > /proc/overlock/mpu_opps
echo "3 500000000 32" > /proc/overlock/mpu_opps

or

echo "46" > /proc/overclock/max_vsel
echo "800000" > /proc/overclock/max_rate
echo "1 125000000 16" > /proc/overlock/mpu_opps
echo "2 250000000 22" > /proc/overlock/mpu_opps
echo "3 500000000 32" > /proc/overlock/mpu_opps
harunjo is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old June 28th, 2010, 06:28 AM   #6 (permalink)
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 309
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 7
Thanked 19 Times in 15 Posts
Default

@Szadzik thanks for explaining my own thread to me... however android will simply switch from really low to really high at times when it shouldnt (like sleep) without setcpu governors and profiles working in the background, so youre wrong about it being the same with/ without. Also, its the combination of the three tools that im advocating here.

@harunjo ill give it a try but frankly that looks too low for the radios
ftgg99 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old June 28th, 2010, 06:58 AM   #7 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Szadzik's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Gender: Male
Posts: 5,413
 
Device(s): Galaxy S4 Galaxy Note 10.1 Nexus 7 2013 LTE
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 208
Thanked 729 Times in 616 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ftgg99 View Post
@Szadzik thanks for explaining my own thread to me... however android will simply switch from really low to really high at times when it shouldnt (like sleep) without setcpu governors and profiles working in the background, so youre wrong about it being the same with/ without. Also, its the combination of the three tools that im advocating here.

@harunjo ill give it a try but frankly that looks too low for the radios
Yup, everyone's got the right to their opinion. To me my phone is working perfectly fine without SetCPU or Screebl.
Szadzik is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old June 28th, 2010, 09:34 AM   #8 (permalink)
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 309
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 7
Thanked 19 Times in 15 Posts
Default

Great! Post that in a thread called "My phone works great without any additional tools"
ftgg99 is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ftgg99 For This Useful Post:
brucelebel (February 16th, 2011), fekish (September 1st, 2010), GlitchZero (August 26th, 2010)
Old June 28th, 2010, 10:12 AM   #9 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 76
 
Device(s): Samsung Captivate, Motorola Milestone
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 1
Thanked 29 Times in 18 Posts
Default

Just try running your 'stone for a few days without SetCPU. Seriously, try it. Betcha your battery life is at least as good as before, if not better, and it runs as smooth or smoother as well. Without the overhead and stability issues caused by SetCPU, and with more granular (i.e. smoother) speed stepping as well.

Also, you can probably bring that 69 VSEL @1000mhz way down. Like down to 56 to 60 depending on your particular Milestone.

I've found that 850/44 works best for me. I can't percieve any difference in speed between that and 1000 outside of benchmarks, and it's easier on the battery and processor. With that logic I reckon I could drop down to 800 and even lower voltage, but I get the warm Linpack fuzzies knowing that at 850mhz it's still a hair faster than a Snapdragon-powered 2.1 N1/Desire/Evo/Incredible.
Croak is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old June 28th, 2010, 10:20 AM   #10 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Szadzik's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Gender: Male
Posts: 5,413
 
Device(s): Galaxy S4 Galaxy Note 10.1 Nexus 7 2013 LTE
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 208
Thanked 729 Times in 616 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ftgg99 View Post
Great! Post that in a thread called "My phone works great without any additional tools"
Threads are created for people to exchange opinions - not impose them. If you do not want anyone to have their opinion in your thread create a blog and write there - not in a public forum.
Szadzik is offline  
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old June 28th, 2010, 11:16 AM   #11 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 37
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 4 Times in 2 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by harunjo View Post
this setting better for battery life


[How-To] vsel's, mpu_opps etc. [Overclocking] - Android-Hilfe.de

echo "58" > /proc/overclock/max_vsel
echo "1000000" > /proc/overclock/max_rate
echo "1 125000000 16" > /proc/overlock/mpu_opps
echo "2 250000000 22" > /proc/overlock/mpu_opps
echo "3 500000000 32" > /proc/overlock/mpu_opps

or

echo "46" > /proc/overclock/max_vsel
echo "800000" > /proc/overclock/max_rate
echo "1 125000000 16" > /proc/overlock/mpu_opps
echo "2 250000000 22" > /proc/overlock/mpu_opps
echo "3 500000000 32" > /proc/overlock/mpu_opps

So here are you just setting new OC tables for the CPU?

So in your examples, you're setting 4 levels of clocks right?

125mhz, 250mhz, 500mhz, and then either 800 or 1ghz...

Are those safe values to use for vsel on 125, 250 and 500mhz? Sounds pretty low and aggressive to me.
dmo580 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old June 28th, 2010, 11:41 AM   #12 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Szadzik's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Gender: Male
Posts: 5,413
 
Device(s): Galaxy S4 Galaxy Note 10.1 Nexus 7 2013 LTE
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 208
Thanked 729 Times in 616 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmo580 View Post
So here are you just setting new OC tables for the CPU?

So in your examples, you're setting 4 levels of clocks right?

125mhz, 250mhz, 500mhz, and then either 800 or 1ghz...

Are those safe values to use for vsel on 125, 250 and 500mhz? Sounds pretty low and aggressive to me.
Taken from the Milestone Overclock Wiki:

Frequency - Default (>=) - Possibly Unstable - Probably unstable (<=)

550 - 56
800 - 58 - 56/54 - 52
1000 - 60 - 58/56 - 54
1200* - 76 - 74/70 - 68
1300* - x - 84

*: Always unstable in some CPUs! Will damage CPU on prolonged use. According to OMAP3430 datasheet, max_vsel up to 66 should be acceptable. Above 80 will certainly severly damage the CPU on long-term scale. The most appropriate and stable settings seem to be either 800 MHz or 1000 MHz at max_vsel of 56 to 60.
Szadzik is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old June 28th, 2010, 11:44 AM   #13 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 37
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 4 Times in 2 Posts
Default

Right. I realize that and I've done testing to find that 1ghz @ 60vsel is fine for my Stone.

However, I haven't found definitive info on 125mhz, 250mhz, and 500mhz which are shown to run at 16, 22, and 32 vsel respectively. Those are the values that look very aggressive to me.
dmo580 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old August 25th, 2010, 02:03 PM   #14 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 1
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Hey,
I've been testing different vsel settings on milestone overclock and then proceeded to doing a stress test on set cpu. Although I found 60 vsel to work well at 1000mhz it failed the stress test. I had to bring the vsel up to 65 to manage to pass the stress test.
CoteJer is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old August 25th, 2010, 02:10 PM   #15 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Szadzik's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Gender: Male
Posts: 5,413
 
Device(s): Galaxy S4 Galaxy Note 10.1 Nexus 7 2013 LTE
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 208
Thanked 729 Times in 616 Posts
Default

I have been using vsel 56 at 900MHz for the past few weeks with no problems at all. I do not use SetCPU at all though, no point.
Szadzik is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old August 25th, 2010, 02:26 PM   #16 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 72
 
Device(s): Motorola Milestone
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 35 Times in 27 Posts
Default

In my case I have noticed that battery does run out faster when not using SetCPU. Currently I am using nadlabak's interactive governor with SetCPU which is a lot more responsive compared to the "ondemand" governor. And I use 1000mhz at 62 vsel since Motonav crashes at lower vsels.

Also, SetCPU is available for free at xda-developers.com. So you can download from there in case you can't buy it from the Market.
ashketchum is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old August 25th, 2010, 02:41 PM   #17 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Szadzik's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Gender: Male
Posts: 5,413
 
Device(s): Galaxy S4 Galaxy Note 10.1 Nexus 7 2013 LTE
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 208
Thanked 729 Times in 616 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashketchum View Post
In my case I have noticed that battery does run out faster when not using SetCPU. Currently I am using nadlabak's interactive governor with SetCPU which is a lot more responsive compared to the "ondemand" governor. And I use 1000mhz at 62 vsel since Motonav crashes at lower vsels.

Also, SetCPU is available for free at xda-developers.com. So you can download from there in case you can't buy it from the Market.
I bought it when I started overclocking my Milestone.

As for battery drain, it is really hard to measure that in my case since I have the Milestone dock and every night use the phone as a night clock and even if I end up with some battery at the end of the day I put it in the dock and it gets charged up at night.
Szadzik is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old August 27th, 2010, 08:28 PM   #18 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 37
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 4 Times in 2 Posts
Default

So I have my 11_overclock.sh setup as follows using the interactive governor:

Code:
/system/bin/insmod /system/lib/modules/overclock.ko omap2_clk_init_cpufreq_table_addr=0xc004e4b0
echo 62 > /proc/overclock/max_vsel
echo 1000000 > /proc/overclock/max_rate
echo "1 750000" > /proc/overclock/freq_table
echo "4 750000000 48" > /proc/overclock/mpu_opps
echo "2 500000" > /proc/overclock/freq_table
echo "3 500000000 36" > /proc/overclock/mpu_opps
echo "3 250000" > /proc/overclock/freq_table
echo "2 250000000 28" > /proc/overclock/mpu_opps
/system/bin/insmod /system/lib/modules/cpufreq_interactive.ko nr_running_addr=0xc005e35c
echo interactive > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/scaling_governor
echo 125000 > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/interactive/sampling_rate
The new overclock_stats.ko came out but I'm not really sure how to implement that since SetCPU still shows my stats incorrectly like:

Code:
550000 5108
500000 10287
250000 100373
125000 0
dmo580 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old September 1st, 2010, 02:59 PM   #19 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 113
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 4
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ftgg99 View Post
Great! Post that in a thread called "My phone works great without any additional tools"
dont worry in here there are some users that just dont accept the opinions of others... You will get used to it...
fekish is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old September 15th, 2010, 01:27 AM   #20 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 33
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 1
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Croak View Post
I've found that 850/44 works best for me. I can't percieve any difference in speed between that and 1000 outside of benchmarks, and it's easier on the battery and processor. With that logic I reckon I could drop down to 800 and even lower voltage, but I get the warm Linpack fuzzies knowing that at 850mhz it's still a hair faster than a Snapdragon-powered 2.1 N1/Desire/Evo/Incredible.
I was on the fence to get a Milestone from Amazon...I thought the 550Mhz chip might be a bit slow but that post sold me on the Milestone! So an 800Mhz Milestone can be faster than a 1Ghz Snapdragon? Has that been documented in benchmarks somewhere? Can't wait to get it now ;-)
webvan is offline  
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old September 15th, 2010, 09:33 AM   #21 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
TelusMilestone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Earth
Posts: 663
 
Device(s): SGS2X Motorola Milestone, HTC HD
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 32
Thanked 34 Times in 34 Posts
Tongue Slow poke

Quote:
Originally Posted by webvan View Post
I was on the fence to get a Milestone from Amazon...I thought the 550Mhz chip might be a bit slow but that post sold me on the Milestone! So an 800Mhz Milestone can be faster than a 1Ghz Snapdragon? Has that been documented in benchmarks somewhere? Can't wait to get it now ;-)
I have mine running at 1.2GHz and its smooth as silk! Gotta love the snappy milestone.
TelusMilestone is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old September 15th, 2010, 09:43 AM   #22 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 113
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 4
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

I am always wondering, if we have the maximum Ghz it would make the phone faster right?
Would the only implication thereon be on the battery draining faster? Or would there be anything else as well?

thanks
fekish is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old September 15th, 2010, 10:07 AM   #23 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Szadzik's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Gender: Male
Posts: 5,413
 
Device(s): Galaxy S4 Galaxy Note 10.1 Nexus 7 2013 LTE
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 208
Thanked 729 Times in 616 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fekish View Post
I am always wondering, if we have the maximum Ghz it would make the phone faster right?
Would the only implication thereon be on the battery draining faster? Or would there be anything else as well?

thanks
If you consider long-time effects you may expect the CPU to break down faster. How faster? Not fast enough for you to know it as it is going to take years and years.

Besides, you do not have to see any effect on battery life. You can set it up up to around 950MHz with the stock vsel 56 and battery should not be drained faster.
Szadzik is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old September 15th, 2010, 10:10 AM   #24 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 33
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 1
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

vsel stands for voltage? What is the default voltage it runs at?
webvan is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old September 15th, 2010, 10:18 AM   #25 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
TelusMilestone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Earth
Posts: 663
 
Device(s): SGS2X Motorola Milestone, HTC HD
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 32
Thanked 34 Times in 34 Posts
Thumbs up Barely drains mine...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Szadzik View Post
If you consider long-time effects you may expect the CPU to break down faster. How faster? Not fast enough for you to know it as it is going to take years and years.

Besides, you do not have to see any effect on battery life. You can set it up up to around 950MHz with the stock vsel 56 and battery should not be drained faster.
My battery barely drains with it over clocked to 1.2ghz. On a full charge I can go 9 hours and only have the battery drop to 60/50%. I try to charge my phone off most of the time as its's better for the battery. However lately I've been charging it on and it seems to last as long, but I do not use my phone while it is charging on. Also further more on the note of over clocking it does not heat up any more then normal use when using the Wi-Fi for surfing and other things like GPS. I could not be happier with a phone right now. This thing does it all for me! I just got setup for Dropbox now and going to test that out! So may more good things to come!
TelusMilestone is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old September 15th, 2010, 10:20 AM   #26 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
TelusMilestone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Earth
Posts: 663
 
Device(s): SGS2X Motorola Milestone, HTC HD
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 32
Thanked 34 Times in 34 Posts
Thumbs up Correct!

Quote:
Originally Posted by webvan View Post
vsel stands for voltage? What is the default voltage it runs at?
Yes and the default for the Milestone is 56.
TelusMilestone is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old September 17th, 2010, 02:03 PM   #27 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 33
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 1
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Milestone came in yesterday so I had to overclock it of course ! Used Milestone Overclock with 950/56 and the improvement in "CPU Benchmark" is substantial, 960ms down from 1699ms! "View Online Results" doens't seem to work, any good apps that let you compare your results ?
webvan is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old September 17th, 2010, 06:31 PM   #28 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Szadzik's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Gender: Male
Posts: 5,413
 
Device(s): Galaxy S4 Galaxy Note 10.1 Nexus 7 2013 LTE
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 208
Thanked 729 Times in 616 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by webvan View Post
Milestone came in yesterday so I had to overclock it of course ! Used Milestone Overclock with 950/56 and the improvement in "CPU Benchmark" is substantial, 960ms down from 1699ms! "View Online Results" doens't seem to work, any good apps that let you compare your results ?
Forget about benchmarks and enjoy your fast and smooth Milestone. Benchmarks mean nothing in the world of various CPUs and benchmarks that are built for one CPU or another.
Szadzik is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old September 17th, 2010, 07:57 PM   #29 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
TelusMilestone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Earth
Posts: 663
 
Device(s): SGS2X Motorola Milestone, HTC HD
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 32
Thanked 34 Times in 34 Posts
Thumbs up Smooth and fast! Just the way I like it ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Szadzik View Post
Forget about benchmarks and enjoy your fast and smooth Milestone. Benchmarks mean nothing in the world of various CPUs and benchmarks that are built for one CPU or another.
Very true, and yes when the Milestone is overclocked it works seamlessly!
TelusMilestone is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old September 17th, 2010, 08:10 PM   #30 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 33
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 1
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

hehe...950/56 and running fine here, now if only I could get it to connect to my AdHoc network...started another topic about that !
webvan is offline  
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old September 17th, 2010, 08:18 PM   #31 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
TelusMilestone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Earth
Posts: 663
 
Device(s): SGS2X Motorola Milestone, HTC HD
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 32
Thanked 34 Times in 34 Posts
Thumbs up Nice...

Quote:
Originally Posted by webvan View Post
hehe...950/56 and running fine here, now if only I could get it to connect to my AdHoc network...started another topic about that !
Nice thats good to hear you got that part sorted out... As for the wi-fi one I saw that but don't know the answer I have my own headache issue with ports and a router I'm still trying to figure out lol :S sigh
TelusMilestone is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old October 9th, 2010, 09:33 AM   #32 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Jesup, GA, US
Posts: 12
 
Device(s): Motorola Milestone(Alltel)
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 1
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by webvan View Post
hehe...950/56 and running fine here, now if only I could get it to connect to my AdHoc network...started another topic about that !
Quote:
Originally Posted by TelusMilestone View Post
Nice thats good to hear you got that part sorted out... As for the wi-fi one I saw that but don't know the answer I have my own headache issue with ports and a router I'm still trying to figure out lol :S sigh
Market search for Barnacle Wifi. Works as long as you have root. Check it!!
pmassey31545 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old October 10th, 2010, 12:21 AM   #33 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 33
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 1
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Nope Barnacle only helps to CREATE an AdHoc network using the Data connection of an Android smartphone, not to join an existing network. It was mentioned else the other day so I tried it just in case and confirmed this.
webvan is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old November 4th, 2010, 04:24 PM   #34 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 2
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

SetCPU devs have politely asked that only xda subscribers take advantage of the free use of the app and would like users of the app to direct non-xda subscribers to the market to donate and download. just passing that along for the dev. community, they do alot for us.
chada.poole is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old November 4th, 2010, 10:47 PM   #35 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
TelusMilestone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Earth
Posts: 663
 
Device(s): SGS2X Motorola Milestone, HTC HD
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 32
Thanked 34 Times in 34 Posts
Thumbs up Regardless...

Quote:
Originally Posted by chada.poole View Post
SetCPU devs have politely asked that only xda subscribers take advantage of the free use of the app and would like users of the app to direct non-xda subscribers to the market to donate and download. just passing that along for the dev. community, they do alot for us.
Regardless you should help out the developers. Don't get me wrong I'm down for free stuff but serious a few bucks wont kill you to donate! When I first started using the Launcher Pro I liked it so much I bought the Launcher Pro Plus even though I wouldn't be using the portion it unlocked but enjoyed the fact that the developer still was supporting his app and updating it regularly. Take heed in purchasing apps though as some are garbage and you only waste your money. However it is only a couple of bucks same as bus fare one way! Also what did you just spend on your phone?
TelusMilestone is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old November 15th, 2010, 09:27 AM   #36 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 20
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 3
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

Wife has a Milestone. Just OC'ed it to 1000@56 and it seems stable. Good thing about keeping the voltage is that the battery won't drain faster. Has anyone's been able to go beyond 1000 and still keep vsel at 56?

Thanks!
the-dude is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old November 28th, 2010, 03:51 AM   #37 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 5
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 1
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Help needed on VSEL config using Milestone Overclock

I have just overclocked my milestone but am unable to reduce the VSEL from the default 74 for 1000 MHz. Can someone help me and tell me how I can reduce it via Milestone Overclock or SetCPU? Would appreciate your help!!
Jagandeep is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old November 28th, 2010, 04:18 AM   #38 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Szadzik's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Gender: Male
Posts: 5,413
 
Device(s): Galaxy S4 Galaxy Note 10.1 Nexus 7 2013 LTE
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 208
Thanked 729 Times in 616 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jagandeep View Post
I have just overclocked my milestone but am unable to reduce the VSEL from the default 74 for 1000 MHz. Can someone help me and tell me how I can reduce it via Milestone Overclock or SetCPU? Would appreciate your help!!
In ilestone Overclock press Menu an go to Settings. In there you can set your own parameters. If you want these parameters yto be applied go back to Milestone Overclock and drag the bar to the very end, that is where the setting you set up in settings is.
Szadzik is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Szadzik For This Useful Post:
Jagandeep (November 28th, 2010)
Old December 3rd, 2010, 07:23 PM   #39 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 3
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

What are the STABLE values for an 1000 Milestone overclock?

EDIT: Im using Cronos Froyo 1.6.1 ROM right?, in Recovery GOT, i go to 2.2.1 menu > Overclock menu ???

Because i did that, and put 900 mhz/56 and the phone did not Boot, it stucks on the white M logo, then when normally will appear Cronos boot animation, it reboots and again white M... in a loop x.X

How do i overclock in Cronos Froyo 1.6.1 ROM??? Recovery GOT overclock menu doesnt work with this rom?
lvcio is offline  
Last edited by lvcio; December 3rd, 2010 at 07:30 PM. Reason: Add info
Reply With Quote
Old December 3rd, 2010, 07:42 PM   #40 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 37
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 4 Times in 2 Posts
Default

I'd try VSEL of at least 60. I know people claim 56.

HONO once released a 1100mhz overclock at 62. While 62 caused some reboots from time to time, I boosted it to 66. Even then I noticed maybe 30% higher number of FCs. When I boosted it to 68, it finally went away.

I think while 60 was ok, I'd probably run 62 or so for 24/7 stability.
dmo580 is offline  
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old December 3rd, 2010, 09:57 PM   #41 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Szadzik's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Gender: Male
Posts: 5,413
 
Device(s): Galaxy S4 Galaxy Note 10.1 Nexus 7 2013 LTE
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 208
Thanked 729 Times in 616 Posts
Default

I have been using 900MHz at 56 for a very long tim eon GOT 2.2.1 and before that. Never a reboot.

Make sure that in GOT recovery you choose the right system before you aply changes.
Szadzik is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old February 3rd, 2011, 10:07 PM   #42 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Rotundjere's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 64
 
Device(s): XPERIA X10 mini pro (2.1 Eclair Stock), Milestone (2.1 Eclair Rooted), old Nokia 3200 :-)
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 3
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

I didn't notice any performance benefit using 1Ghz @ vsel 56

I personally use 550Mhz @ vsel 56 / interactive

echo 56 > /proc/overclock/max_vsel
echo 550000 > /proc/overclock/max_rate
echo "1 400000" > /proc/overclock/freq_table
echo "4 400000000 46" > /proc/overclock/mpu_opps
echo "2 250000" > /proc/overclock/freq_table
echo "3 250000000 32" > /proc/overclock/mpu_opps
echo "3 125000" > /proc/overclock/freq_table
echo "2 125000000 26" > /proc/overclock/mpu_opps
Rotundjere is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply
Tags
milestone overclock, overclock, screebl, setcpu, vsel


Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > Motorola Milestone > Milestone - All Things Root
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:53 AM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.