October 30th, 2010, 03:37 PM
Join Date: Jul 2010
Device(s): HTC Evo3D / HTC Evo4g
Carrier: Not Provided
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Ok so I am contemplating on doing DJ07 with 2.0pre3. I was just about to download and follow these steps below.... Then I read a little more and find that a few people said that using DJ07 with inxane, and recovery bundled together
has bricked their phone. GRRRR.
A few people said following the steps above worked. So I don't know.
Link to page *OFFICIAL* SPH-M900_MR4_DJ07_REL.tar.md5 *** DATA LOCKUP SOMEWHAT FIXED!***
Ok here's what you should do.
1. Uninstall all Sprint/Samsung updaters/drivers, etc etc via Add/Remove Programs. Usually there are two entries you'd have to uninstall from there. Reboot
2. Go to C:\Program Files and delete SAMSUNG and SAMSUNG Electronic directories.
3. Install CL14 updater. Reboot
4. Make sure your file name is SPH-M900_MR4_DJ07_REL.tar exactly. Turn off "Hide extensions for known file types" in Folder Option to make sure. Or just go to cmd.exe and type "ren filename.tar.md5 filename.tar" and type "dir SPH-M900_MR4_DJ07_REL.tar" - if it says file not found, then it's not renamed correctly (assuming you are in the right directory). And make sure there's only ONE period in filename. Can also right click Properties and see there. Bascially the filename should be SPH-M900_MR4_DJ07_REL.tar
5. Go to "C:\Program Files\Samsung Electronics\SWUpgrade\Models\Binary" and DELETE the lone CL14.tar file. There should be NO file or directory in there before proceeding the next step.
6. Copy SPH-M900_MR4_DJ07_REL.tar to "C:\Program Files\Samsung Electronics\SWUpgrade\Models\Binary"
7. Run the Updater and do the normal flashing method.
That's all to it. If your phone reads DJ07 in both BUILD and BASEBAND version, then you got it. You should be able to flash Recovery 3.1.1 after that. OTA updates want to flash stock recovery at every reboot. OTA updates suck.
I simply would like a rooted DJ07 even if it doesn't involve a custom rom or kernal. Doesn't really matter as long as I am rooted.
Last edited by indychic; October 30th, 2010 at 03:39 PM.