Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > Motorola Atrix 2

Get excited for the Samsung Galaxy S5! Find everything you need and discuss it in our Galaxy S5 Forum!

test: Reply

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old November 28th, 2011, 12:41 AM   #1 (permalink)
Thread Author (OP)

Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Default Must Have Apps??

I am new Android phones and I am wondering what apps are must haves?? I know so far I dont like the email on the A2. Whats a good email app? Id be thankful for any other tips and pointers.

sponsored links
Old November 28th, 2011, 10:22 AM   #2 (permalink)

Device(s): Moto Droid, HTC One X, HTC One
Carrier: AT&T

Quote:
Originally Posted by droidnu2 View Post
I am new Android phones and I am wondering what apps are must haves?? I know so far I dont like the email on the A2. Whats a good email app? Id be thankful for any other tips and pointers.
Welcome to the Android Army, I think you will like it here. There are quite a few apps out there that can help your Android experience become better. Here are a few apps to help you get on your way:

Handsent is probably the best text messaging app out there, it is fully customizable.

Both K9 and Moxier Mail are great corporate mail clients for Android but you can also use them for gmail too I believe.

App Cache Cleaner will keep your A2 running smooth and quick but automatically

DoubleTwist is a great music app that syncs your phone to iTunes.

Springpad is the best note taking app out there, IMHO

Weather Bug is great for local weather if you are wanting a good weather app.

Hope this helps and remember that there is nothing wrong with trying out apps and uninstalling if you don't like them. Have fun!
Old November 28th, 2011, 11:38 AM   #3 (permalink)

Device(s): Moto X Nexus 7 (2013)

I like the Kindle app which allows you to read books for free just like on a Kindle.

I also like Antivirus, Google Skymap, Gstrings (I play the mandolin) and Tricorder (Trekkie fun).

I'm really liking the Voice Commandthat came on the phone (supplied by Google). It works really well once you get the hang of it.
Old November 30th, 2011, 08:40 AM   #4 (permalink)

Device(s): - T-Mobile Defy on AT&T 850/3G, or on T-Mo - AT&T Galaxy Note on AT&T - T-Mobile Gal Tab 7.0 Plus on

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyneusch View Post
...Both K9 and Moxier Mail are great corporate mail clients for Android but you can also use them for gmail too I believe...
K-9 is generally regarded as a solid email app (I personally use(d)), not just for corporate, but POP3 and IMAP accounts as well (e.g. Comcast, Verizon, Hotmail, Yahoo, etc.).

Estrong's File Explorer makes it extremely easy to manage/create files/folders , and find/connect to network shared folders (literally a 3-step process).

Power Amp (paid version) is also a solid mp3 player, highly customizable, yet straight forward to use/configure.

Any other recommendations would be based on what additional functions/features you need. Personally, I would never leave home without a device that cannot access my Sling/Hava boxes...but that's just me.
Old January 16th, 2012, 11:26 AM   #5 (permalink)

Device(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by droidnu2 View Post
I am also new, and the apps that I loaded on he first day are
GMail
Slacker Radio
Google Skymap
Droidlight
DirecTV scheduler
Angry Birds
Facebook

--
Clarence
Old February 9th, 2012, 08:17 PM   #6 (permalink)

Device(s):

Everyone should get gReader best app for viewing news from websites loads quickly and has a good interface. Also get Getjar for paid apps and games for free legally like beautiful widgets or samurai vengeance 2. Both which I reccomend getting as well a tapatalk to access forums like this easily from your phone. Other good Getjar apps are cartoon camera, imperio age of zombies,karoshi, and muffin knight. The amazon app store also offers a free paid app each day.

Sent from my Atrix 2 with Tapatalk
Last edited by djheadshot; February 9th, 2012 at 08:33 PM.
Old February 28th, 2012, 11:19 PM   #7 (permalink)

Device(s):

Angry

No need to download Skype it will not work. WTH!!

Motorola ATRIX 2
Current Rating:
Rate this Phone:

The Motorola ATRIX 2 is AT&T's followup to their original ATRIX 4G. It won't differ much in terms of specs, but this would bring Ma Bell up to speed with more recent offerings from Sprint and Verizon in the Photon 4G and the DROID Bioni... Read More

Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > Motorola Atrix 2