April 12th, 2012, 12:15 PM
Thread Author (OP)
Join Date: Aug 2010
Carrier: Not Provided
Thanked 175 Times in 68 Posts
Motorola Atrix 2 Screen Repair Guide
This is a step by step take apart repair guide for your Motorola Atrix 2. This written repair guide will show you how to disassembly your Atrix 2 quickly and securely enabling you to repair any damaged on your phone like a cracked touch screen or damaged LCD screen.
This guide will help you to install the following Motorola Atrix 2 part(s):
- Motorola Atrix 2 Touch Screen Digitizer Replacement
- Motorola Atrix 2 LCD Screen Replacement
- Safe Open Pry Tool
- T5 Torx Screwdriver
- Adhesive Strips (For touch screen repair)
- Heat Gun / Hair Dryer
- First step is to remove the back battery cover, the battery, the sim card and the memory card.
- Using Torx T5 Screwdriver remove the nine (9) screws as shown at figure
- Use safe pry tool to release the clips that holds the back housing cover. Simply pry along the outside edges to remove the back housing.
- The motherboard is now exposed. Release the three (3) pop connectors using safe pry tool as shown in the figure 2.
- Once the pop connectors are release, use safe pry tool to remove the motherboard away from the phone by simply prying up the motherboard.
- Next gently take away the earpiece speaker using safe pry tool.
- Remove the eight (8) screws using T5 Torx Screwdriver as shown at Figure 3.
- Once the screws are released, you can gently take away the metal plate.
- Using a safe pry tool, gently lift the LCD screen away from the touch screen and front housing. Be careful as it will be adhere to the touchscreen. The LCD screen can now be replaced.
- To remove the touch screen, use heat gun or hair dryer and heat the front screen on all edges to loosen the held adhesive. Then use safe pry tool and gently pry between the touch screen and the front housing. Reheat if necessary.
The Atrix 2 is now disassembled and you can replace the damaged part(s) with new ones. Reverse the instructions above to reassemble your phone.