Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > Motorola Atrix 2

Get excited for the Samsung Galaxy S5! Find everything you need and discuss it in our Galaxy S5 Forum!

test: Reply

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old July 22nd, 2012, 07:30 AM   #1 (permalink)
Thread Author (OP)

Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Default Yahoo! Mail built-in application - problem

I've had a Motorola Atrix 2 for ~6 months now. I have been using the "Yahoo! Mail built-in application" and it worked fine. 2 e-mail accounts, quick way to check messages. Last week I changed the password (from my PC) for one of the accounts. My phone shows a "can't connect" error, so I change the password on my phone. It keeps telling me I have the wrong e-mail/password. I dropped and tried to re-add the account. Same error. Powered off, removed battery, cleared all cookies, cache, etc. and it still gives me the same error. I went to the AT&T store. They could not figure it out. I took it to the store where I bought the phone. They could not help, I called AT&T. They referred me to Yahoo! who after 1 week and e-mail only correspondence, they said I had a "question regarding your device settings or mobile carrier". So now I am stuck and basically screwed. Anyone out there know how to fix this?

sponsored links
Old July 25th, 2012, 04:36 PM   #2 (permalink)
live~laugh~love

Device(s): White Samsung Galaxy Note 2 AT&T, Black Samsung Galaxy S4 VZW, White Samsung Galaxy S4 AT&T
Carrier: AT&T and Verizon

Thanked 2,667 Times in 1,393 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamthewalrus View Post
I've had a Motorola Atrix 2 for ~6 months now. I have been using the "Yahoo! Mail built-in application" and it worked fine. 2 e-mail accounts, quick way to check messages. Last week I changed the password (from my PC) for one of the accounts. My phone shows a "can't connect" error, so I change the password on my phone. It keeps telling me I have the wrong e-mail/password. I dropped and tried to re-add the account. Same error. Powered off, removed battery, cleared all cookies, cache, etc. and it still gives me the same error. I went to the AT&T store. They could not figure it out. I took it to the store where I bought the phone. They could not help, I called AT&T. They referred me to Yahoo! who after 1 week and e-mail only correspondence, they said I had a "question regarding your device settings or mobile carrier". So now I am stuck and basically screwed. Anyone out there know how to fix this?
Welcome, iamthewalrus, to Android Forums!

I happened to notice that you posted this thread into the original Atrix forum and were not getting any help with your problem, so I moved it into the Atrix2 forum where I think you will be able to get some help with your problem.
Old August 16th, 2012, 06:28 PM   #3 (permalink)

Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

I couldn't get the default yahoo account to work. I had to manually add my account using the following settings (It's an imap account so it will still give you push email):

Add Account-->Email-->Enter email addr and pwd, uncheck auto configure acct

General Settings: Enter account name, your name and your email address

Incoming server settings:
-Imap mail server
-Incoming server: imap.mail.yahoo.com
-username: <your yahoo email address>
-Password
-Advanced: port - 993, use secure connection - checked, use secure password - auto, verify cert - checked

Outgoing server settings:
-Outgoing server: smtp.mail.yahoo.com
-Username: <your yahoo email address>
-your password
-Advanced settings: port - 465, use secure connection - checked, Use secure password - Auto, Authentication - Auto, Verify Cert - checked

Motorola ATRIX 2
Current Rating:
Rate this Phone:

The Motorola ATRIX 2 is AT&T's followup to their original ATRIX 4G. It won't differ much in terms of specs, but this would bring Ma Bell up to speed with more recent offerings from Sprint and Verizon in the Photon 4G and the DROID Bioni... Read More

Tags
at&t yahoo mail motorola password fail

Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > Motorola Atrix 2