Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > Motorola Atrix 4G

test: Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old January 5th, 2011, 06:13 PM   #1 (permalink)
Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
solidkevin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 407
 
Device(s): Inspire 4G
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 10
Thanked 12 Times in 11 Posts
Default Release Date?

Cant Wait! Literally!

Any Ideas when we can get this?

Advertisements
solidkevin is offline  
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old January 5th, 2011, 06:15 PM   #2 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 174
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 20
Thanked 19 Times in 14 Posts
Default

Moto is starting their keynote as I write this - get over to engadget!
Komodo Rogue is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old January 5th, 2011, 06:21 PM   #3 (permalink)
Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
solidkevin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 407
 
Device(s): Inspire 4G
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 10
Thanked 12 Times in 11 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Komodo Rogue View Post
Moto is starting their keynote as I write this - get over to engadget!
Oh wow! Didnt know that! Think they'll announce the release date?
solidkevin is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old January 5th, 2011, 06:30 PM   #4 (permalink)
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: NJ
Posts: 4,012
 
Device(s): AT&T White NEXUS S!!!!
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 168
Thanked 222 Times in 178 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by solidkevin View Post
Oh wow! Didnt know that! Think they'll announce the release date?

Possible
AndreaCristiano is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old January 5th, 2011, 06:45 PM   #5 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
lsutigers03's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 507
 
Device(s): Razr Maxx
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 15
Thanked 42 Times in 29 Posts
Default

No release date or price was announced.
lsutigers03 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old January 5th, 2011, 07:08 PM   #6 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
darklide's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 589
 
Device(s): Atrix 4g Galaxy Nexus GSM
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 5
Thanked 22 Times in 21 Posts
Default

Samsung and Htc will be released on AtSt first with Motorola 3 to 6 months from now. By then there will be quad core android phones.
__________________
What I wish the Nexus 5 had
darklide is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to darklide For This Useful Post:
Ynomrah (January 5th, 2011)
Old January 5th, 2011, 07:10 PM   #7 (permalink)
Member
 
Ynomrah's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 214
 
Device(s): Motorola Backflip, samsung captivate, and htc inspire 4g
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 168
Thanked 50 Times in 40 Posts
Send a message via AIM to Ynomrah
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by darklide View Post
Samsung and Htc will be released on AtSt first with Motorola 3 to 6 months from now. By then there will be quad core android phones.
ikr. i legitimately lol'd.
__________________
If you have AT&T, and have questions about your service, pm me.
Ynomrah is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old January 5th, 2011, 07:21 PM   #8 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 1,498
 
Device(s): Lg Optimus G HTC Flyer
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 124
Thanked 132 Times in 97 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by darklide View Post
Samsung and Htc will be released on AtSt first with Motorola 3 to 6 months from now. By then there will be quad core android phones.
Or IP5

I didn't thin at&t would have the gaul to wait for IP5 to release atrix.. but, I'm wondering..

Would it really surprise anyone?...
__________________
Sent form my Xarmor U9BL using My Fingers!
Snow_Fox is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old January 5th, 2011, 07:28 PM   #9 (permalink)
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: NJ
Posts: 4,012
 
Device(s): AT&T White NEXUS S!!!!
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 168
Thanked 222 Times in 178 Posts
Default

They said just a few minutes ago in their live keynote that atrix is arriving in the coming weeks
AndreaCristiano is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old January 5th, 2011, 08:43 PM   #10 (permalink)
Member
 
capitanbuzo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 189
 
Device(s): iPhone 3G w/ iDroid
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 2
Thanked 5 Times in 4 Posts
Default

It won't come out later than 3 months from now as that would be past AT&T's Q1 2011 fiscal quarter. I have always disliked how AT&T operated their Android line but it seems to me as though they are trying to redo this. They know that they will loose iPhone exclusivity soon so they must be diverse in their offering by keeping a good offering of Windows 7 phones as well as having competitive Android phones. I believe that this is their self preservation strategy.
capitanbuzo is offline  
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old January 6th, 2011, 12:10 AM   #11 (permalink)
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: NJ
Posts: 4,012
 
Device(s): AT&T White NEXUS S!!!!
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 168
Thanked 222 Times in 178 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by capitanbuzo View Post
It won't come out later than 3 months from now as that would be past AT&T's Q1 2011 fiscal quarter. I have always disliked how AT&T operated their Android line but it seems to me as though they are trying to redo this. They know that they will loose iPhone exclusivity soon so they must be diverse in their offering by keeping a good offering of Windows 7 phones as well as having competitive Android phones. I believe that this is their self preservation strategy.
Definitely although don't be surprised that when Verizon gets the iPhone next year there isn't a mass exodus like everyone says
AndreaCristiano is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old January 6th, 2011, 01:02 AM   #12 (permalink)
Member
 
capitanbuzo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 189
 
Device(s): iPhone 3G w/ iDroid
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 2
Thanked 5 Times in 4 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndreaCristiano View Post
Definitely although don't be surprised that when Verizon gets the iPhone next year there isn't a mass exodus like everyone says
I expect some people to switch but not like what many analysts say. I am pretty sure most people will stay with their respective carriers.
capitanbuzo is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old January 6th, 2011, 01:07 AM   #13 (permalink)
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: NJ
Posts: 4,012
 
Device(s): AT&T White NEXUS S!!!!
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 168
Thanked 222 Times in 178 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by capitanbuzo View Post
I expect some people to switch but not like what many analysts say. I am pretty sure most people will stay with their respective carriers.
yes totally i think the analysts are good at blowing smoke if you catch my drift
AndreaCristiano is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old January 6th, 2011, 01:28 AM   #14 (permalink)
Member
 
capitanbuzo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 189
 
Device(s): iPhone 3G w/ iDroid
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 2
Thanked 5 Times in 4 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndreaCristiano View Post
yes totally i think the analysts are good at blowing smoke if you catch my drift
Yep, true true.
capitanbuzo is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old January 6th, 2011, 08:53 AM   #15 (permalink)
AF Contributor
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: New York
Posts: 1,523
 
Device(s): Samsung Galaxy S3, Nexus 7
Carrier: Cingular

Thanks: 234
Thanked 263 Times in 198 Posts
Default

I hope there is a mass exodus to the Verizon iPhone, it will give us At&t users our network back.

Also, I believe the Atrix needs to come out soon since it is running 2.2, I don't think it would be a good idea to wait to release when 2.3 (or even 2.4) phones are coming out.
Mostly Harmless is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old January 6th, 2011, 09:03 AM   #16 (permalink)
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: NJ
Posts: 4,012
 
Device(s): AT&T White NEXUS S!!!!
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 168
Thanked 222 Times in 178 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mostly Harmless View Post
I hope there is a mass exodus to the Verizon iPhone, it will give us At&t users our network back.

Also, I believe the Atrix needs to come out soon since it is running 2.2, I don't think it would be a good idea to wait to release when 2.3 (or even 2.4) phones are coming out.
I believe both the inspire and atrix will come out prior to months end maybe the first week of feb but the samsung will come prob mid march also the ATRIX is gingerbread upgradable already moto said so so expect a gingerbread update rather quick the inspire on the other hand i wouldnt hold my breath with the sense UI it probably wont get gingerbread for 6 months and the samsung will be a wait and see
AndreaCristiano is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old January 6th, 2011, 03:29 PM   #17 (permalink)
Member
 
capitanbuzo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 189
 
Device(s): iPhone 3G w/ iDroid
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 2
Thanked 5 Times in 4 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndreaCristiano View Post
I believe both the inspire and atrix will come out prior to months end maybe the first week of feb but the samsung will come prob mid march also the ATRIX is gingerbread upgradable already moto said so so expect a gingerbread update rather quick the inspire on the other hand i wouldnt hold my breath with the sense UI it probably wont get gingerbread for 6 months and the samsung will be a wait and see
A link to where it was said that the Atrix would get Gingerbread?
capitanbuzo is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old January 6th, 2011, 03:42 PM   #18 (permalink)
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: NJ
Posts: 4,012
 
Device(s): AT&T White NEXUS S!!!!
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 168
Thanked 222 Times in 178 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by capitanbuzo View Post
A link to where it was said that the Atrix would get Gingerbread?

I don't recall if it was on Motorola's site or the att site but in parenthesis it says ( upgradable to gingerbread)
AndreaCristiano is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old January 6th, 2011, 04:16 PM   #19 (permalink)
Member
 
capitanbuzo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 189
 
Device(s): iPhone 3G w/ iDroid
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 2
Thanked 5 Times in 4 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndreaCristiano View Post
I don't recall if it was on Motorola's site or the att site but in parenthesis it says ( upgradable to gingerbread)
Well, not on AT&T's website. Can't seem to find it on Motorola as well.
capitanbuzo is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old January 6th, 2011, 05:09 PM   #20 (permalink)
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: NJ
Posts: 4,012
 
Device(s): AT&T White NEXUS S!!!!
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 168
Thanked 222 Times in 178 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by capitanbuzo View Post
Well, not on AT&T's website. Can't seem to find it on Motorola as well.

If I find it or remember I will def post it
AndreaCristiano is offline  
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old January 6th, 2011, 05:18 PM   #21 (permalink)
Member
 
capitanbuzo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 189
 
Device(s): iPhone 3G w/ iDroid
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 2
Thanked 5 Times in 4 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndreaCristiano View Post
If I find it or remember I will def post it
Alright thank you. I would expect it to receive 2.3 but not sure how fast for it to be updated.
capitanbuzo is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old January 6th, 2011, 05:20 PM   #22 (permalink)
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: NJ
Posts: 4,012
 
Device(s): AT&T White NEXUS S!!!!
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 168
Thanked 222 Times in 178 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by capitanbuzo View Post
Alright thank you. I would expect it to receive 2.3 but not sure how fast for it to be updated.

I'm not sure either but if it arrives in Feb I'm hoping by April at least
AndreaCristiano is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old January 6th, 2011, 05:23 PM   #23 (permalink)
Member
 
capitanbuzo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 189
 
Device(s): iPhone 3G w/ iDroid
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 2
Thanked 5 Times in 4 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndreaCristiano View Post
I'm not sure either but if it arrives in Feb I'm hoping by April at least
I am also curious as to Android 2.4 which appears to be an evolution of Gingerbread like Eclair was from 2.0 to 2.1.
capitanbuzo is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old January 6th, 2011, 05:32 PM   #24 (permalink)
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: NJ
Posts: 4,012
 
Device(s): AT&T White NEXUS S!!!!
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 168
Thanked 222 Times in 178 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by capitanbuzo View Post
I am also curious as to Android 2.4 which appears to be an evolution of Gingerbread like Eclair was from 2.0 to 2.1.

Yea I was wondering about that. I will sat this 2.3.1 is a bit buggy so of they are gonna release one on all phones it should be stable. No gallery problems no web browser problems no force closing of any Google apps
AndreaCristiano is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old January 6th, 2011, 06:38 PM   #25 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 1,498
 
Device(s): Lg Optimus G HTC Flyer
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 124
Thanked 132 Times in 97 Posts
Default

in the coming weeks.. probably means 2 months..
Snow_Fox is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old January 6th, 2011, 06:40 PM   #26 (permalink)
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: NJ
Posts: 4,012
 
Device(s): AT&T White NEXUS S!!!!
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 168
Thanked 222 Times in 178 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snow_Fox View Post
in the coming weeks.. probably means 2 months..

Bite your tounge lol
AndreaCristiano is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old January 6th, 2011, 09:59 PM   #27 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 174
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 20
Thanked 19 Times in 14 Posts
Default

In the videos I watched today at the CES floor, all of the hardware and software seems finalized... I didn't notice anything missing or anything that needs worked on.

As long as there aren't any problem with production, and as long as they have already begun mass production, I would think January is possible/likely.

The only troubling thing is the lack on a solid date. The promo videos and Moto keynote didn't say "COMING JANUARY 23" or anything. I know that it's considered good advertising/salesmanship/mindshare/or something to have a real date to give, so I would think moto would give the date if they had one...

Hmm.

But on the positive side, maybe they don't want to lock down a date because, if things go smoothly, perhaps they can launch the phone SOONER than they expect? Wishful thinking, I know, but possible.
Komodo Rogue is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old January 6th, 2011, 10:03 PM   #28 (permalink)
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: NJ
Posts: 4,012
 
Device(s): AT&T White NEXUS S!!!!
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 168
Thanked 222 Times in 178 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Komodo Rogue View Post
In the videos I watched today at the CES floor, all of the hardware and software seems finalized... I didn't notice anything missing or anything that needs worked on.

As long as there aren't any problem with production, and as long as they have already begun mass production, I would think January is possible/likely.

The only troubling thing is the lack on a solid date. The promo videos and Moto keynote didn't say "COMING JANUARY 23" or anything. I know that it's considered good advertising/salesmanship/mindshare/or something to have a real date to give, so I would think moto would give the date if they had one...

Hmm.

But on the positive side, maybe they don't want to lock down a date because, if things go smoothly, perhaps they can launch the phone SOONER than they expect? Wishful thinking, I know, but possible.
from your lips to God's ears
AndreaCristiano is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old January 6th, 2011, 10:10 PM   #29 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 1,498
 
Device(s): Lg Optimus G HTC Flyer
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 124
Thanked 132 Times in 97 Posts
Default

lol bite my tounge?

The best way to determine future behavior is to look at past behavior.

While the situation is changing and fast..I am not going to pretend I expect to be able to hold out much longer.

Atrix is the only device that interest me tbh.

If it releases in time for me to swap the capt I want to get tomorrow out.. Great.. if not.. oh well.
Snow_Fox is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old January 6th, 2011, 10:21 PM   #30 (permalink)
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: NJ
Posts: 4,012
 
Device(s): AT&T White NEXUS S!!!!
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 168
Thanked 222 Times in 178 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snow_Fox View Post
lol bite my tounge?

The best way to determine future behavior is to look at past behavior.

While the situation is changing and fast..I am not going to pretend I expect to be able to hold out much longer.

Atrix is the only device that interest me tbh.

If it releases in time for me to swap the capt I want to get tomorrow out.. Great.. if not.. oh well.
Actually if I had to put them in order it's Atrix then Experia ARC tied with the HTC inspire and lastly the samsung. the samsung i have to see in person but to me it feels like a big screen captivate. The HTC is basically a Desire HD and I have wanted that phone since it was released in europe and the ARc is just intriguing and is the only one with Gingerbread installed
AndreaCristiano is offline  
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old January 6th, 2011, 10:21 PM   #31 (permalink)
Member
 
capitanbuzo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 189
 
Device(s): iPhone 3G w/ iDroid
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 2
Thanked 5 Times in 4 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snow_Fox View Post
lol bite my tounge?

The best way to determine future behavior is to look at past behavior.

While the situation is changing and fast..I am not going to pretend I expect to be able to hold out much longer.

Atrix is the only device that interest me tbh.

If it releases in time for me to swap the capt I want to get tomorrow out.. Great.. if not.. oh well.
Again, my bet is that AT&T will announce a release date for the Inspire and the Atrix January 27th unless there is some mobile expo before or after the Q4 2010 earnings report.
capitanbuzo is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old January 6th, 2011, 10:23 PM   #32 (permalink)
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: NJ
Posts: 4,012
 
Device(s): AT&T White NEXUS S!!!!
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 168
Thanked 222 Times in 178 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by capitanbuzo View Post
Again, my bet is that AT&T will announce a release date for the Inspire and the Atrix January 27th unless there is some mobile expo before or after the Q4 2010 earnings report.
Hopefully at least then i know what direction to go
AndreaCristiano is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old January 6th, 2011, 10:24 PM   #33 (permalink)
Member
 
capitanbuzo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 189
 
Device(s): iPhone 3G w/ iDroid
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 2
Thanked 5 Times in 4 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndreaCristiano View Post
Actually if I had to put them in order it's Atrix then Experia ARC tied with the HTC inspire and lastly the samsung. the samsung i have to see in person but to me it feels like a big screen captivate. The HTC is basically a Desire HD and I have wanted that phone since it was released in europe and the ARc is just intriguing and is the only one with Gingerbread installed
*Cough*Xperia*Cough*. Samsung has already said that the Infuse is a 4.5" Galaxy S device that is thinner. So, pretty much, the HTC Inspire and the Samsung Infuse are already completed. The main problem I have with the Arc and the Infuse is the interface they are running (well, I wold be rooting/putting launcher pro on anything but the HTC). It is too much like the iPhone's UI and that is the primary reason why I am switching from it.
capitanbuzo is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old January 6th, 2011, 10:25 PM   #34 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 174
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 20
Thanked 19 Times in 14 Posts
Default

Mobile World Congress (MWC) is early February. Actually... damn.. maybe they DO want to wait that long so that everyone's 30 day return period expires (from christmas sales).
Komodo Rogue is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old January 6th, 2011, 10:27 PM   #35 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Baldilocks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Delaware, U.S.A.
Posts: 1,242
 
Device(s): HTC One X (International)
Carrier: AT&T

Thanks: 54
Thanked 160 Times in 116 Posts
Default

I'm pretty sure it won't be that long. I'd say it will be available for pre-order rather soon.
Baldilocks is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old January 6th, 2011, 10:28 PM   #36 (permalink)
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: NJ
Posts: 4,012
 
Device(s): AT&T White NEXUS S!!!!
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 168
Thanked 222 Times in 178 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by capitanbuzo View Post
*Cough*Xperia*Cough*. Samsung has already said that the Infuse is a 4.5" Galaxy S device that is thinner. So, pretty much, the HTC Inspire and the Samsung Infuse are already completed. The main problem I have with the Arc and the Infuse is the interface they are running (well, I wold be rooting/putting launcher pro on anything but the HTC). It is too much like the iPhone's UI and that is the primary reason why I am switching from it.
your saying the xperia is to much like the iphone? The problem with the Xperia is not enough info and still rubs me the wrong way that AT&T didnt announce it. I mean if its coming Q1 why not announce it in your keynote with the others especially if its the only gingerbread?
AndreaCristiano is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old January 6th, 2011, 10:31 PM   #37 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
skinien's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 631
 
Device(s): Thunderbolt
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 51
Thanked 86 Times in 63 Posts
Default

You guys all remember that at&t facebook post that says the "Olympus" is going to be released in Dec/Jan. I hope that's still the case.
__________________
Your name here.

iPhone 3G -> Captivate -> Atrix -> Thunderbolt -> Galaxy Nexus -> Razr MAXX HD
skinien is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old January 6th, 2011, 10:33 PM   #38 (permalink)
Member
 
capitanbuzo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 189
 
Device(s): iPhone 3G w/ iDroid
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 2
Thanked 5 Times in 4 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Komodo Rogue View Post
Mobile World Congress (MWC) is early February. Actually... damn.. maybe they DO want to wait that long so that everyone's 30 day return period expires (from christmas sales).
It would be a good business strategy. They could very well announce that it with immediate availability then.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baldilocks View Post
I'm pretty sure it won't be that long. I'd say it will be available for pre-order rather soon.
They said in Q1 and Q4 does not end til January 27th. MWC is from the 14-17 so it is possible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndreaCristiano View Post
your saying the xperia is to much like the iphone? The problem with the Xperia is not enough info and still rubs me the wrong way that AT&T didnt announce it. I mean if its coming Q1 why not announce it in your keynote with the others especially if its the only gingerbread?
Yes, I am. I am personally not a fan of the X10 and the UI that Sony has created. I am not the biggest Sony fan and they have even worse support than Samsung.
capitanbuzo is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old January 6th, 2011, 10:35 PM   #39 (permalink)
Member
 
capitanbuzo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 189
 
Device(s): iPhone 3G w/ iDroid
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 2
Thanked 5 Times in 4 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinien View Post
You guys all remember that at&t facebook post that says the "Olympus" is going to be released in Dec/Jan. I hope that's still the case.
Well it was announced in January.
capitanbuzo is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old January 6th, 2011, 10:47 PM   #40 (permalink)
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: NJ
Posts: 4,012
 
Device(s): AT&T White NEXUS S!!!!
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 168
Thanked 222 Times in 178 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by capitanbuzo View Post
It would be a good business strategy. They could very well announce that it with immediate availability then.



They said in Q1 and Q4 does not end til January 27th. MWC is from the 14-17 so it is possible.



Yes, I am. I am personally not a fan of the X10 and the UI that Sony has created. I am not the biggest Sony fan and they have even worse support than Samsung.
I havent messed with the xperia at all. I will agree that touchwiz is very iphonesque
AndreaCristiano is offline  
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old January 6th, 2011, 11:07 PM   #41 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 1,498
 
Device(s): Lg Optimus G HTC Flyer
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 124
Thanked 132 Times in 97 Posts
Default

Speculation... is still.. speculation.

As I said in another thread..

It would make sense for them to release it in mid april.

Long enough for people to get stuck in contract before a verizon IP5 launch.

long enough of a wait to be at&t.
Snow_Fox is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old January 6th, 2011, 11:11 PM   #42 (permalink)
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: NJ
Posts: 4,012
 
Device(s): AT&T White NEXUS S!!!!
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 168
Thanked 222 Times in 178 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snow_Fox View Post
Speculation... is still.. speculation.

As I said in another thread..

It would make sense for them to release it in mid april.

Long enough for people to get stuck in contract before a verizon IP5 launch.

long enough of a wait to be at&t.
possible one of them but not all because april is the end of Q1 and it seems to me that the HTC will be first then the Moto and lastly the Samsung
AndreaCristiano is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old January 7th, 2011, 12:36 AM   #43 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
s.m.knipe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Martinsburg, WV & Portales, NM
Posts: 939
 
Device(s): Samsung Galaxy Nexus, Motorola Atrix 4G, Samsung Craptivate, Nexus 1, G1
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 305
Thanked 242 Times in 129 Posts
s.m.knipe
Default

The Astrix already has a hosting on AT&T's website (and Moto's), and a sign-up for release info, I would wager that it will be launched first (around a month or so)... Just thoughts based on previous device launches...
Also, as to the Ginger bread update, it will be a while as this is running Blur with a lot of proprietary apps for different functions- we shouldn't expect a fast upgrade schedule...
s.m.knipe is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old January 7th, 2011, 12:36 AM   #44 (permalink)
Member
 
capitanbuzo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 189
 
Device(s): iPhone 3G w/ iDroid
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 2
Thanked 5 Times in 4 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snow_Fox View Post
Speculation... is still.. speculation.

As I said in another thread..

It would make sense for them to release it in mid april.

Long enough for people to get stuck in contract before a verizon IP5 launch.

long enough of a wait to be at&t.
Umm, I still say February release for the HTC and maybe both.
capitanbuzo is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old January 7th, 2011, 01:12 AM   #45 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 5
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

anyone seen this yet? just wondering if it means a january release???

Bell Canada to exclusively launch Motorola ATRIX in Canada | BGR | Boy Genius Report
androidag is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old January 7th, 2011, 02:01 AM   #46 (permalink)
Member
 
capitanbuzo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 189
 
Device(s): iPhone 3G w/ iDroid
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 2
Thanked 5 Times in 4 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by androidag View Post
anyone seen this yet? just wondering if it means a january release???

Bell Canada to exclusively launch Motorola ATRIX in Canada | BGR | Boy Genius Report
AT&T will get it before anyone else. They did not mention any sort of release date in there so it remains uncertain as to when we will get it.
capitanbuzo is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old January 7th, 2011, 02:31 AM   #47 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 5
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by capitanbuzo View Post
AT&T will get it before anyone else. They did not mention any sort of release date in there so it remains uncertain as to when we will get it.
If you look at the letter included in my link the last sentence says that the same device will be released in January for AT&T. Dont know if it's true or not tho...
androidag is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old January 7th, 2011, 02:41 AM   #48 (permalink)
Member
 
capitanbuzo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 189
 
Device(s): iPhone 3G w/ iDroid
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 2
Thanked 5 Times in 4 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by androidag View Post
If you look at the letter included in my link the last sentence says that the same device will be released in January for AT&T. Dont know if it's true or not tho...
Skimmed that part, my bad. I am still somewhat skeptical of it being released by then but it would be great if it was. Unfortunately, if it is released in January, looks like I will end up waiting another month as my upgrade will be available then. Perhaps I can get AT&T to bump up my date. Has anyone had luck doing that?
capitanbuzo is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old January 7th, 2011, 03:46 AM   #49 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 40
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 4 Times in 3 Posts
Default

Have signed up at ATT for notification.. I am on month 19 of T Mobile, and I really like my HTC phone, and I am not one to hop from new phone to new phone.. but this phone is the first in a long line of shiney new ones that have come out, that will actually make me make some phone calls to see what it's going to set me back to make the change.. The bad thing, is the figure in my head, that I know I will accept and still do it..
dbcad7 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old January 7th, 2011, 08:21 AM   #50 (permalink)
Member
 
youareme7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 219
 
Device(s): Motorola Atrix 4g
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 31
Thanked 38 Times in 28 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by androidag View Post
If you look at the letter included in my link the last sentence says that the same device will be released in January for AT&T. Dont know if it's true or not tho...
I think I would put some weight behind that statement being that it's a press release from Bell themselves. I have to think that the carriers have coordinated at least slightly.

Combine that with the drop during the moto keynote saying "in the coming weeks" and I think January is looking reasonably solid; which is awesome!
youareme7 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply

Motorola Atrix 4G
Current Rating:
Rate this Phone:

The Motorola Atrix 4G brings several firsts to AT&T's lineup, among them a dual-core CPU in the form of NVIDIA's Tegra 2 platform. The CPU is clocked at 1GHz per core, providing enough zip to match the HSPA+ connectivity and 4G download... Read More



Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > Motorola Atrix 4G
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:28 PM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.