Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > Motorola Atrix 4G

New Forums: Nexus Player | Nexus 9
test: Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old January 9th, 2011, 02:03 AM   #1 (permalink)
Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 171
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default March 6th - get in line for your Atrix

There is a reason AT&T is dropping the Sony Experia from it's lineup on March 6th. Making room for the Atrix. Mark my words.

March 6.

Advertisements
blinky is offline  
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old January 9th, 2011, 02:16 AM   #2 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 1,498
 
Device(s): Lg Optimus G HTC Flyer
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 124
Thanked 132 Times in 97 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by blinky View Post
There is a reason AT&T is dropping the Sony Experia from it's lineup on March 6th. Making room for the Atrix. Mark my words.

March 6.
Seeing as motorola said 'in the coming weeks'

I am really hoping your seriously wrong :/
__________________
Sent form my Xarmor U9BL using My Fingers!
Snow_Fox is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old January 9th, 2011, 09:42 AM   #3 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 81
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 2
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

Better be wrong. My upgrade is February 4th and I really want to get rid of my Backflip.
Aaronneyer is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old January 9th, 2011, 04:26 PM   #4 (permalink)
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 260
 
Device(s): Samsung Captivate
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 5
Thanked 36 Times in 23 Posts
Default

Pure speculation! The official PRs from AT&T and Motorola clearly state "Q1 2011".

That means ANY time between now and when they delay it
MrTony is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old January 9th, 2011, 08:05 PM   #5 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Emcee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Oregon
Posts: 23
 
Device(s): Backflip
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 1
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaronneyer View Post
Better be wrong. My upgrade is February 4th and I really want to get rid of my Backflip.
LOL same situation here, except I wait till the 7th.

It's been a rough year.
Emcee is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old January 9th, 2011, 08:45 PM   #6 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 1,498
 
Device(s): Lg Optimus G HTC Flyer
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 124
Thanked 132 Times in 97 Posts
Default

I am hoping to get an upgrade before feb 27.

curse the lg neon I have >.>;
Snow_Fox is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old January 9th, 2011, 11:33 PM   #7 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
El Blacksheep's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Gender: Male
Posts: 634
 
Device(s): Samsung Galaxy S5
Carrier: T-Mobile

Thanks: 13
Thanked 34 Times in 23 Posts
Default

I'm locked into a verizon contract until November, but this thing has me thinking early termination fee
El Blacksheep is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old January 9th, 2011, 11:37 PM   #8 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 1,498
 
Device(s): Lg Optimus G HTC Flyer
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 124
Thanked 132 Times in 97 Posts
Default

If your happy with your device why bother?

If your not happy ball is totally in your court.
Snow_Fox is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old January 9th, 2011, 11:44 PM   #9 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 174
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 20
Thanked 19 Times in 14 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Blacksheep View Post
I'm locked into a verizon contract until November, but this thing has me thinking early termination fee
This thread should just be closed. That's the dumbest theory that I have ever heard.

1. In the past, is that what AT&T always does (drop a phone on the same day as a new phone's release)?

2. Even if they WERE dropping the xperia to "make room," why would it be the Atrix? AT&T is releasing tons of Android phones this year.

3. EVERY piece of *OFFICIAL* information points to January.

MODS: please just close this thread, I don't know if this guy is a troll or not, but this is just stupid and devalues the quality of the forums.
Komodo Rogue is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old January 10th, 2011, 02:54 AM   #10 (permalink)
Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 171
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTony View Post
Pure speculation! The official PRs from AT&T and Motorola clearly state "Q1 2011".

That means ANY time between now and when they delay it


I have inside info. Bookmark this page. Come back here on March 6. Do you even know what Q1 2011 means? Probably not. I will enlighten you. Q1 stands for 1st quarter.

AT&T said this phone will come out in the 1st quarter. AT&T also said that this phone will come out in a few weeks. How many weeks till Mar 6? About 7or8. Do the math. Is this still within the Q1? Yes.

There will be about a 1 month difference between release dates between HTC Inspire and Motorola Atrix, both released by AT&T.
blinky is offline  
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old January 10th, 2011, 04:25 AM   #11 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Baldilocks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Delaware, U.S.A.
Posts: 1,242
 
Device(s): HTC One X (International)
Carrier: AT&T

Thanks: 54
Thanked 160 Times in 116 Posts
Default

Actually it's 11 weeks until March 6th.

Look for this phone sooner rather than later.
Baldilocks is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old January 10th, 2011, 08:05 AM   #12 (permalink)
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: NJ
Posts: 4,012
 
Device(s): AT&T White NEXUS S!!!!
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 168
Thanked 222 Times in 178 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by blinky View Post
I have inside info. Bookmark this page. Come back here on March 6. Do you even know what Q1 2011 means? Probably not. I will enlighten you. Q1 stands for 1st quarter.

AT&T said this phone will come out in the 1st quarter. AT&T also said that this phone will come out in a few weeks. How many weeks till Mar 6? About 7or8. Do the math. Is this still within the Q1? Yes.

There will be about a 1 month difference between release dates between HTC Inspire and Motorola Atrix, both released by AT&T.
WOW where did your inside info come from because your math is wrong. Besides when one says "in the coming weeks " that usually means less than a months full time. Your scenario would be in the coming Months
AndreaCristiano is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old January 10th, 2011, 08:28 AM   #13 (permalink)
Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 171
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndreaCristiano View Post
WOW where did your inside info come from because your math is wrong. Besides when one says "in the coming weeks " that usually means less than a months full time. Your scenario would be in the coming Months

My information is accurate to within 1 week. However, there is NO way in hell that you are correct with your hopeful thinking. Just because you want the Atrix to come out this month, does not make it so. Absolutely no way it will be out in January. No way. February? No way. Not. Nope. Never. I don't think so. March. Yes.

Do the math. Look up this thread in 7-8 weeks, and eat your words.
blinky is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old January 10th, 2011, 08:29 AM   #14 (permalink)
Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 171
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baldilocks View Post
Actually it's 11 weeks until March 6th.

Look for this phone sooner rather than later.

Somebody here doesn't know how to count. Check back in 7-8 weeks.
blinky is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old January 10th, 2011, 08:33 AM   #15 (permalink)
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: NJ
Posts: 4,012
 
Device(s): AT&T White NEXUS S!!!!
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 168
Thanked 222 Times in 178 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by blinky View Post
My information is accurate to within 1 week. However, there is NO way in hell that you are correct with your hopeful thinking. Just because you want the Atrix to come out this month, does not make it so. Absolutely no way it will be out in January. No way. February? No way. Not. Nope. Never. I don't think so. March. Yes.

Do the math. Look up this thread in 7-8 weeks, and eat your words.
Even if your 8 weeks is correct, once again theres noway its coming in march because Bell Canada is getting it in feb/march and there release document said AT&T would carry it first in January. Also if the phone was announced in full production on Jan 5 and commercials are already airing on tv that usually means 2-4 weeks max. Look at the industry and how phones are worked/marketed. Your inside information is wrong and unless you can prove otherwise no one is gonna take you seriously when all other evidence points otherwise!
AndreaCristiano is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to AndreaCristiano For This Useful Post:
youareme7 (January 10th, 2011)
Old January 10th, 2011, 08:51 AM   #16 (permalink)
Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 171
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndreaCristiano View Post
Even if your 8 weeks is correct, once again theres noway its coming in march because Bell Canada is getting it in feb/march and there release document said AT&T would carry it first in January. Also if the phone was announced in full production on Jan 5 and commercials are already airing on tv that usually means 2-4 weeks max. Look at the industry and how phones are worked/marketed. Your inside information is wrong and unless you can prove otherwise no one is gonna take you seriously when all other evidence points otherwise!

Bell Canada?! Ha. You are so far off with your so called "estimate", that it is actually ROFL funny. And now, you are even claiming that Bell Canada is getting it "feb/march". Yep, "march". So, you can't say "march" without supporting my assertion that this thing is coming out in March. So, your trying to argue against me, but you can't. Now, that IS ROFL funny!
blinky is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old January 10th, 2011, 09:14 AM   #17 (permalink)
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: NJ
Posts: 4,012
 
Device(s): AT&T White NEXUS S!!!!
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 168
Thanked 222 Times in 178 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by blinky View Post
Rambling? I said in the title, Mar 6 is the date. Your "rambling" supports, not contradicts, my earlier statement.
How does it support it?! If Motorola launched the phone during AT&T keynote at CEs that means AT&T gets it first. In the coming weeks means less than a month last time we all checked and the Bell document says AT&T will launch said phone in January. So how does my "rambling" support your unsupported supposed inside info? The best is you dont have a shred of evidence all you say is "my sources" and trust me" who the hell are you and why should we trust you? All other evidence points to the opposite to what you say. You act like you have a track record of being spot on. Just shut the hell up unless you can bring forth proof
AndreaCristiano is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old January 10th, 2011, 09:52 AM   #18 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 1,498
 
Device(s): Lg Optimus G HTC Flyer
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 124
Thanked 132 Times in 97 Posts
Default

Irony: everyone involved is stating speculation as fact.
Snow_Fox is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old January 10th, 2011, 10:27 AM   #19 (permalink)
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: NJ
Posts: 4,012
 
Device(s): AT&T White NEXUS S!!!!
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 168
Thanked 222 Times in 178 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snow_Fox View Post
Irony: everyone involved is stating speculation as fact.

Well I never said it was fact just that we at least have some anicdotal evidence unlike him and his "sources"
AndreaCristiano is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old January 10th, 2011, 12:02 PM   #20 (permalink)
Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 171
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndreaCristiano View Post
How does it support it?! If Motorola launched the phone during AT&T keynote at CEs that means AT&T gets it first. In the coming weeks means less than a month last time we all checked and the Bell document says AT&T will launch said phone in January. So how does my "rambling" support your unsupported supposed inside info? The best is you dont have a shred of evidence all you say is "my sources" and trust me" who the hell are you and why should we trust you? All other evidence points to the opposite to what you say. You act like you have a track record of being spot on. Just shut the hell up unless you can bring forth proof

In the coming weeks, could mean two weeks from now, four weeks from now, six weeks, who knows. But you are too stubborn to admit that, as well as, not really in the know anyway. The Bell Canada document says no such thing of which you specifically refer.

AT&T HTC Inspire - look for it beginning of February.
AT&T Motorola Atrix - one month later, i.e. March.
blinky is offline  
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old January 10th, 2011, 12:05 PM   #21 (permalink)
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: NJ
Posts: 4,012
 
Device(s): AT&T White NEXUS S!!!!
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 168
Thanked 222 Times in 178 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by blinky View Post
In the coming weeks, could mean two weeks from now, four weeks from now, six weeks, who knows. But you are too stubborn to admit that, as well as, not really in the know anyway. The Bell Canada document says no such thing of which you specifically refer.

AT&T HTC Inspire - look for it beginning of February.
AT&T Motorola Atrix - one month later, i.e. March.

I just got an update from my guys at best buy according to them your info is mistaken. Look at the thread. Also yes it does go to boygenius and look at it
AndreaCristiano is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old January 10th, 2011, 12:05 PM   #22 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Baldilocks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Delaware, U.S.A.
Posts: 1,242
 
Device(s): HTC One X (International)
Carrier: AT&T

Thanks: 54
Thanked 160 Times in 116 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by blinky View Post
In the coming weeks, could mean two weeks from now, four weeks from now, six weeks, who knows. But you are too stubborn to admit that, as well as, not really in the know anyway. The Bell Canada document says no such thing of which you specifically refer.

AT&T HTC Inspire - look for it beginning of February.
AT&T Motorola Atrix - one month later, i.e. March.
The software on the ATRIX was already in final trim at CES.
The HTC Inspire wasn't even allowed to be powered on because the software wasn't ready.

So, that leads any normal, logical being to deduce that the ATRIX will come first and much sooner than the Inspire.
Baldilocks is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old January 10th, 2011, 12:38 PM   #23 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 97
 
Device(s): iPhone 5
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 19 Times in 13 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Blacksheep View Post
I'm locked into a verizon contract until November, but this thing has me thinking early termination fee
Why in the world wouldn't you just get the Bionic?
anexanhume is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old January 10th, 2011, 12:39 PM   #24 (permalink)
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: NJ
Posts: 4,012
 
Device(s): AT&T White NEXUS S!!!!
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 168
Thanked 222 Times in 178 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by anexanhume View Post
Why in the world wouldn't you just get the Bionic?

Bionic isn't the same exact phone less ram different screen
AndreaCristiano is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old January 10th, 2011, 12:47 PM   #25 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 97
 
Device(s): iPhone 5
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 19 Times in 13 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndreaCristiano View Post
Bionic isn't the same exact phone less ram different screen
You're right, it actually has a slightly bigger screen, plus LTE. 512MB of RAM is still plenty. I will be very surprised if there's any noticeable difference in performance between the two. People are just being spec whores on that number. I'm on AT&T and I'd actually prefer the Bionic for slightly bigger screen and LTE.
anexanhume is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old January 10th, 2011, 12:49 PM   #26 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Baldilocks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Delaware, U.S.A.
Posts: 1,242
 
Device(s): HTC One X (International)
Carrier: AT&T

Thanks: 54
Thanked 160 Times in 116 Posts
Default

Actually the preliminary Quadrant scores show that the ATRIX has a significant performance edge over the BIONIC.

ATRIX Quadrant Score: 2616
BIONIC Quadrant Score: 2284

The HTC Thunderbolt (for comparison): 1926

Source: http://www.phonearena.com/news/Motorola-ATRIX-4G-and-Motorola-DROID-BIONIC-scorch-the-Android-benchmarks_id15856

I prefer the slightly smaller screen for the increased pixel density.
Baldilocks is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old January 10th, 2011, 12:49 PM   #27 (permalink)
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: NJ
Posts: 4,012
 
Device(s): AT&T White NEXUS S!!!!
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 168
Thanked 222 Times in 178 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by anexanhume View Post
You're right, it actually has a slightly bigger screen, plus LTE. 512MB of RAM is still plenty. I will be very surprised if there's any noticeable difference in performance between the two. People are just being spec whores on that number. I'm on AT&T and I'd actually prefer the Bionic for slightly bigger screen and LTE.

Yea but LTE isn't even widespread. Although the bigger screen is a plus
AndreaCristiano is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old January 10th, 2011, 01:07 PM   #28 (permalink)
Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 171
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baldilocks View Post
The software on the ATRIX was already in final trim at CES.
The HTC Inspire wasn't even allowed to be powered on because the software wasn't ready.

So, that leads any normal, logical being to deduce that the ATRIX will come first and much sooner than the Inspire.


HTC reps at CES didn't turn on the HTC Inspire not because "the software wasn't ready" as you are completely fabricating. In fact, Android IS ready to go on the HTC Inspire (aka, Desire HD, EVO, Thunderbolt, or any other variant).
blinky is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old January 10th, 2011, 01:08 PM   #29 (permalink)
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: NJ
Posts: 4,012
 
Device(s): AT&T White NEXUS S!!!!
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 168
Thanked 222 Times in 178 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by blinky View Post
HTC reps at CES didn't turn on the HTC Inspire not because "the software wasn't ready" as you are completely fabricating. In fact, Android IS ready to go on the HTC Inspire (aka, Desire HD, EVO, Thunderbolt, or any other variant).

Um he's not stating that. every single hands on from multiple media outlets stated that HTC said software was NOT finalized. Why do you run your mouth when there is evidence to the contrary
AndreaCristiano is offline  
Last edited by AndreaCristiano; January 10th, 2011 at 01:12 PM.
Reply With Quote
Old January 10th, 2011, 01:10 PM   #30 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 97
 
Device(s): iPhone 5
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 19 Times in 13 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baldilocks View Post
Actually the preliminary Quadrant scores show that the ATRIX has a significant performance edge over the BIONIC.

ATRIX Quadrant Score: 2616
BIONIC Quadrant Score: 2284

The HTC Thunderbolt (for comparison): 1926

Source: Motorola ATRIX 4G and Motorola DROID BIONIC scorch the Android benchmarks - Phone Arena

I prefer the slightly smaller screen for the increased pixel density.
Benchmarks are good for one thing: telling you how good the phone does in the benchmark . In reality, you have no guarantee any real world usage scenario will reflect the conditions the bench creates. Second, how is that a 1 Ghz single core A8 SoC is only 15% worse than a 1 GHz dual core A9 SoC? That should show you the benchmark isn't a perfect indicator of real world performance. I suppose it's possible the atrix also has faster RAM which would help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndreaCristiano View Post
Yea but LTE isn't even widespread. Although the bigger screen is a plus
neither is AT&T's '4G'. Depends if you're in their market in both cases.
anexanhume is offline  
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old January 10th, 2011, 01:11 PM   #31 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Baldilocks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Delaware, U.S.A.
Posts: 1,242
 
Device(s): HTC One X (International)
Carrier: AT&T

Thanks: 54
Thanked 160 Times in 116 Posts
Default

No one was allowed to turn on the HTC -- that doesn't bode well for how along the software is.
Motorola was EAGER to show off the ATRIX.

Any rational person would reason that the ATRIX is a LOT closer to release than the Inspire.
Baldilocks is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old January 10th, 2011, 01:50 PM   #32 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Wisconsin, USA
Posts: 407
 
Device(s): HTC Vivid Rum Float4 ICS. Motorola Atrix 4.5.141, rooted.
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 27
Thanked 40 Times in 39 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by blinky View Post
There is a reason AT&T is dropping the Sony Experia from it's lineup on March 6th. Making room for the Atrix. Mark my words.

March 6.
A device does not necessarily launch on the day that another gets phased out. In fact to the contrary the new devices launches much earlier than the one being phased out.

A recent example is the BB9700 which was phased out well over 2 months after the 9800 was launched.
charlyee is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old January 10th, 2011, 02:37 PM   #33 (permalink)
Blame it on me
 
DaSchmarotzer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Québec, Canada
Posts: 3,087
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 442
Thanked 1,559 Times in 783 Posts
Default

Everybody, please keep it civil in here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Komodo Rogue View Post
MODS: please just close this thread, I don't know if this guy is a troll or not, but this is just stupid and devalues the quality of the forums.
I cleaned the thread for now, but to be honest he may be right and I don't see how this really devalues the quality of the forums. You don't have to take this guy's words for granted, but he might still be right and he can share his opinion if he wants to.
DaSchmarotzer is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old January 10th, 2011, 02:43 PM   #34 (permalink)
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: NJ
Posts: 4,012
 
Device(s): AT&T White NEXUS S!!!!
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 168
Thanked 222 Times in 178 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaSchmarotzer View Post
Everybody, please keep it civil in here.



I cleaned the thread for now, but to be honest he may be right and I don't see how this really devalues the quality of the forums. You don't have to take this guy's words for granted, but he might still be right and he can share his opinion if he wants to.

I agree he has the right but when other people post opinions we also have that right. We also asked for some kind of evidence to the contrary of what we are seeing. When there are multiple people all seeing the same thing then he comes in with this. We would like to know how he cane upon this instead of just saying cuz I know so
AndreaCristiano is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old January 10th, 2011, 03:25 PM   #35 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Freaking Ohio
Posts: 876
 
Device(s): Note II running Ditto Note3
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 8
Thanked 20 Times in 20 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by anexanhume View Post
Why in the world wouldn't you just get the Bionic?

Because it's on Verizon. I'm done with Verizon, just waiting until the contract is out, or it doesn't hurt at much to terminate it.
__________________
I always wanted to have that ideal father son relationship. You know, where I get to see him for like eight hours every other weekend, and send checks to some woman I hate. -- Tucker, Red vs. Blue
barry99705 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old January 10th, 2011, 03:35 PM   #36 (permalink)
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: NJ
Posts: 4,012
 
Device(s): AT&T White NEXUS S!!!!
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 168
Thanked 222 Times in 178 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by barry99705 View Post
Because it's on Verizon. I'm done with Verizon, just waiting until the contract is out, or it doesn't hurt at much to terminate it.

Yea I feel u. I was with Verizon long ago never again. Alot of my family is still there all they do is complain
AndreaCristiano is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old January 10th, 2011, 05:38 PM   #37 (permalink)
Blame it on me
 
DaSchmarotzer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Québec, Canada
Posts: 3,087
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 442
Thanked 1,559 Times in 783 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndreaCristiano View Post
I agree he has the right but when other people post opinions we also have that right. We also asked for some kind of evidence to the contrary of what we are seeing. When there are multiple people all seeing the same thing then he comes in with this. We would like to know how he cane upon this instead of just saying cuz I know so
And I agree with you. However, members should watch how they express their opinions, that's where the problem usually is.

All we want is a friendly place for everybody.
DaSchmarotzer is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old January 10th, 2011, 05:43 PM   #38 (permalink)
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: NJ
Posts: 4,012
 
Device(s): AT&T White NEXUS S!!!!
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 168
Thanked 222 Times in 178 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaSchmarotzer View Post
And I agree with you. However, members should watch how they express their opinions, that's where the problem usually is.

All we want is a friendly place for everybody.

Got ya
AndreaCristiano is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old January 10th, 2011, 08:54 PM   #39 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Emcee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Oregon
Posts: 23
 
Device(s): Backflip
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 1
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

C'mon guys, let's settle this like internet men.

Make a sig bet, and hold off on further discussion until an official announcement.
Emcee is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old January 11th, 2011, 12:27 PM   #40 (permalink)
Member
 
capitanbuzo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 189
 
Device(s): iPhone 3G w/ iDroid
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 2
Thanked 5 Times in 4 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by blinky View Post
I have inside info. Bookmark this page. Come back here on March 6. Do you even know what Q1 2011 means? Probably not. I will enlighten you. Q1 stands for 1st quarter.

AT&T said this phone will come out in the 1st quarter. AT&T also said that this phone will come out in a few weeks. How many weeks till Mar 6? About 7or8. Do the math. Is this still within the Q1? Yes.

There will be about a 1 month difference between release dates between HTC Inspire and Motorola Atrix, both released by AT&T.
I don't even think you even know when Q1 is honestly...

Quote:
Originally Posted by blinky View Post
My information is accurate to within 1 week. However, there is NO way in hell that you are correct with your hopeful thinking. Just because you want the Atrix to come out this month, does not make it so. Absolutely no way it will be out in January. No way. February? No way. Not. Nope. Never. I don't think so. March. Yes.

Do the math. Look up this thread in 7-8 weeks, and eat your words.
First, that's just rude. Second, your argument is not convincing at all because you sound like a pissed off six grader and that just makes me laugh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blinky View Post
Somebody here doesn't know how to count. Check back in 7-8 weeks.
Yeah go count because you didn't count right either...

Quote:
Originally Posted by blinky View Post
Bell Canada?! Ha. You are so far off with your so called "estimate", that it is actually ROFL funny. And now, you are even claiming that Bell Canada is getting it "feb/march". Yep, "march". So, you can't say "march" without supporting my assertion that this thing is coming out in March. So, your trying to argue against me, but you can't. Now, that IS ROFL funny!
So now it is an assertion? I thought you were claiming it as fact?

Quote:
Originally Posted by blinky View Post
HTC reps at CES didn't turn on the HTC Inspire not because "the software wasn't ready" as you are completely fabricating. In fact, Android IS ready to go on the HTC Inspire (aka, Desire HD, EVO, Thunderbolt, or any other variant).
Well you can't accurately say it wasn't turned on because the "software wasn't ready" but again, they didn't turn it on. Know what software might not be ready? AT&T's and that isn't on the other Desire HD line.
capitanbuzo is offline  
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old January 11th, 2011, 09:46 PM   #41 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Michigan
Posts: 378
 
Device(s): Atrix, Inspire, Incredible, Evo, Evo Shift, Fascinate, Nexus S, BB Torch, BB Style, Galaxy Tab & iPh
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 5
Thanked 14 Times in 12 Posts
Default

It's much more likely that it will launch in Feb
__________________
Dropbox - Awesome,Free cloud storage - http://db.tt/gD4MpQm
dsjr2006 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old January 11th, 2011, 09:47 PM   #42 (permalink)
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: NJ
Posts: 4,012
 
Device(s): AT&T White NEXUS S!!!!
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 168
Thanked 222 Times in 178 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjr2006 View Post
It's much more likely that it will launch in Feb
Yes the 5th LOL
AndreaCristiano is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old January 12th, 2011, 12:33 AM   #43 (permalink)
Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 171
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

I guarantee you that this device will not come out before 1st week of March.

AT&T in conjunction with Motorola will run some huge TV advertisements during the Superbowl this year, much like how Verizon ran their Droid does ads way back when. You will see about a one month advertising period after the Superbowl, and the same ads run on TV. The phone will then be released. Putting it at the first week of March. Perhaps, a little later. Don't hold your breath hoping against all hope that this device is coming out this month, or even February.

Mark my words.
blinky is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old January 12th, 2011, 12:46 AM   #44 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Baldilocks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Delaware, U.S.A.
Posts: 1,242
 
Device(s): HTC One X (International)
Carrier: AT&T

Thanks: 54
Thanked 160 Times in 116 Posts
Default

Evidence FOR an earlier release:

1. The latest Flash update in the Android market advises against upgrading if you own a Tegra 2 device and it NAMES the Motorola ATRIX. The last part said, "A fix will be released soon for those devices".

2. Motorola AND AT&T both said "In the coming weeks", not "In the coming months" when referring to the Motorola ATRIX.

3. They are ALREADY running Motorola ATRIX commercials on TV.
Baldilocks is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old January 12th, 2011, 01:03 AM   #45 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 47
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by blinky View Post
I guarantee you that this device will not come out before 1st week of March.

AT&T in conjunction with Motorola will run some huge TV advertisements during the Superbowl this year, much like how Verizon ran their Droid does ads way back when. You will see about a one month advertising period after the Superbowl, and the same ads run on TV. The phone will then be released. Putting it at the first week of March. Perhaps, a little later. Don't hold your breath hoping against all hope that this device is coming out this month, or even February.

Mark my words.
Dude I'd love to believe you if you could give me a reason to. Earn my trust and VALIDATE your credibility. I simply can't believe some random person on a forum without facts that I can VERIFY with my eyes. If you can't tell me who your sources are then please give me some "inside FACTS" that are either verifiable or plausible. Thanks
Devinclfalcons is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old January 12th, 2011, 02:09 AM   #46 (permalink)
Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 171
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devinclfalcons View Post
Dude I'd love to believe you if you could give me a reason to. Earn my trust and VALIDATE your credibility. I simply can't believe some random person on a forum without facts that I can VERIFY with my eyes. If you can't tell me who your sources are then please give me some "inside FACTS" that are either verifiable or plausible. Thanks

Verify for yourself. Halftime. Superbowl. ATT&T/Moto commercials featuring the Atrix. 1 month repeat of ads following said Superbowl. March release. End of story. All fake rumors about some dude and a Best Buy friend on this forum are patently false.

I DO have inside info. Some other guy got his panties in a wad and cried about how it wasn't fair that the Atrix was gonna take that long, befriended a bunch of people, and then tried to slander me in an effort to support his own wishes.

March. Not January. Not February. AT&T would've had a presser to announce a release date if it was that soon. Mark my words. Halftime. Superbowl. Release date announcement. month long ad campaign. Release in March.
blinky is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old January 12th, 2011, 08:21 AM   #47 (permalink)
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: NJ
Posts: 4,012
 
Device(s): AT&T White NEXUS S!!!!
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 168
Thanked 222 Times in 178 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by blinky View Post
Verify for yourself. Halftime. Superbowl. ATT&T/Moto commercials featuring the Atrix. 1 month repeat of ads following said Superbowl. March release. End of story. All fake rumors about some dude and a Best Buy friend on this forum are patently false.

I DO have inside info. Some other guy got his panties in a wad and cried about how it wasn't fair that the Atrix was gonna take that long, befriended a bunch of people, and then tried to slander me in an effort to support his own wishes.

March. Not January. Not February. AT&T would've had a presser to announce a release date if it was that soon. Mark my words. Halftime. Superbowl. Release date announcement. month long ad campaign. Release in March.
Listen man no one is SLANDERING you my friend is a manager of the best buy and through the years hes usually been right with the phone release dates so I decided to share. Everyone on this bored just asked you a million times to give some kind of verifiable evidence instead of saying "my sources". Also I wasnt the only one with some kind of info towards a january, early feb date so don't just attack me. We are all posting what we have either seen on the internet or have been told by our friends. Theres another guy who says his brother is an att store manager and they have been told Feb 13th hes just relaying info as well no one is trying to slander anyone, but when people on forums say things in vague terms like you did until this Superbowl reference people just disbelieve post like that.
AndreaCristiano is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old January 12th, 2011, 08:51 AM   #48 (permalink)
Member
 
youareme7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 219
 
Device(s): Motorola Atrix 4g
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 31
Thanked 38 Times in 28 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by blinky View Post
Verify for yourself. Halftime. Superbowl. ATT&T/Moto commercials featuring the Atrix. 1 month repeat of ads following said Superbowl. March release. End of story. All fake rumors about some dude and a Best Buy friend on this forum are patently false.
Oh I have no doubt that AT&T will be throwing down on the Superbowl ads, that makes perfect sense and isn't any sort of revelation. The fact that they've already started running ads during football games makes this nugget completely obvious. I'm still not biting on your claims though, you give me no reason to believe you and it is counterintuitive to a fair amount of other circumstantial evidence. I'm not saying it isn't possible that you're right, (even a broken clock is right twice a day) I'm just saying that you give me no reason to think you are.

Pro tip: If you act like a know-it-all and have nothing to back it up, you aren't going to build any credibility. Oh, and it doesn't make you any friends either. If you don't care about any of that, go troll somewhere else.
youareme7 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old January 12th, 2011, 08:53 AM   #49 (permalink)
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: NJ
Posts: 4,012
 
Device(s): AT&T White NEXUS S!!!!
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 168
Thanked 222 Times in 178 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by youareme7 View Post
Oh I have no doubt that AT&T will be throwing down on the Superbowl ads, that makes perfect sense and isn't any sort of revelation. The fact that they've already started running ads during football games makes this nugget completely obvious. I'm still not biting on your claims though, you give me no reason to believe you and it is counterintuitive to a fair amount of other circumstantial evidence. I'm not saying it isn't possible that you're right, (even a broken clock is right twice a day) I'm just saying that you give me no reason to think you are.

Pro tip: If you act like a know-it-all and have nothing to back it up, you aren't going to build any credibility. Oh, and it doesn't make you any friends either. If you don't care about any of that, go troll somewhere else.
Thanks for pointing that out. He seems to think that were all out to get him
AndreaCristiano is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply

Motorola Atrix 4G
Current Rating:
Rate this Phone:

The Motorola Atrix 4G brings several firsts to AT&T's lineup, among them a dual-core CPU in the form of NVIDIA's Tegra 2 platform. The CPU is clocked at 1GHz per core, providing enough zip to match the HSPA+ connectivity and 4G download... Read More



Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > Motorola Atrix 4G
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:01 AM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.