Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > Motorola Atrix 4G

Get excited for the Samsung Galaxy S5! Find everything you need and discuss it in our Galaxy S5 Forum!

test: Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old January 10th, 2011, 11:41 AM   #1 (permalink)
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: NJ
Posts: 4,012
 
Device(s): AT&T White NEXUS S!!!!
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 168
Thanked 222 Times in 178 Posts
Default Best buy atrix update

OK so here is the skinny. Just got off the phone with my friend at best buy. He said the phone was originally supposed to launch on the 15 but that got pushed back he said the latest date is February 5. He also said this February 5 date would mean that the phone would launch on January 31st in stores because Feb 5 is an in stock day which means they will have it in stock def by that date. He also stated the Motorola rep said it was pushed because of the apple anouncement. He said the 15 as a launch would have gotten lost in all the hype because of 1/11/11. So therefore as of now it looks like a last week of January launch

AndreaCristiano is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to AndreaCristiano For This Useful Post:
Komodo Rogue (January 10th, 2011)
sponsored links
Old January 10th, 2011, 11:43 AM   #2 (permalink)
Ex CEO-DNPSEA foundation
 
shawn1224's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Houston, TX
Gender: Male
Posts: 2,174
 
Device(s): Samsung Galaxy Note 3 - 32GB Gold iPhone 5s - 16GB Nexus 7 (2nd gen) - Chromecast
Carrier: Verizon

Thanks: 186
Thanked 290 Times in 208 Posts
Default

Did he say when pre-orders would be available?
__________________
"إنه لمن الصعب أن تفشل ، ولكن الأمر أسوأ أبدا أن يكون حاول أن تنجح."
shawn1224 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old January 10th, 2011, 11:48 AM   #3 (permalink)
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: NJ
Posts: 4,012
 
Device(s): AT&T White NEXUS S!!!!
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 168
Thanked 222 Times in 178 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by shawn1224 View Post
Did he say when pre-orders would be available?

He said until a firm release date which he should know in a week or so there won't be any preorder date
AndreaCristiano is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old January 10th, 2011, 11:48 AM   #4 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 57
 
Device(s): Motorola Bravo
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 2
Thanked 7 Times in 6 Posts
Default

Well, somewhat good news. I'd much prefer the January 15th release date as my upgrade day is the 16th, but this isn't too bad.

Now, the only piece of the puzzle that will determine which phone I get is to find out the price of the Atrix. The question will be upgrade immediately with a $0-50 Bravo, or hold out three more weeks and probably spend $200-300 on the Atrix.
roadkizzle is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old January 10th, 2011, 11:50 AM   #5 (permalink)
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: NJ
Posts: 4,012
 
Device(s): AT&T White NEXUS S!!!!
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 168
Thanked 222 Times in 178 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadkizzle View Post
Well, somewhat good news. I'd much prefer the January 15th release date as my upgrade day is the 16th, but this isn't too bad.

Now, the only piece of the puzzle that will determine which phone I get is to find out the price of the Atrix. The question will be upgrade immediately with a $0-50 Bravo, or hold out three more weeks and probably spend $200-300 on the Atrix.

Well between those two Atrix all the way
AndreaCristiano is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old January 10th, 2011, 11:56 AM   #6 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
lsutigers03's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 507
 
Device(s): Razr Maxx
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 15
Thanked 41 Times in 29 Posts
Default

Does Best Buy handle contract upgrades well? I have some gift cards from Christmas I'd like to use to get the phone but I also don't want to lose my unlimited data.
lsutigers03 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old January 10th, 2011, 11:57 AM   #7 (permalink)
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: NJ
Posts: 4,012
 
Device(s): AT&T White NEXUS S!!!!
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 168
Thanked 222 Times in 178 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lsutigers03 View Post
Does Best Buy handle contract upgrades well? I have some gift cards from Christmas I'd like to use to get the phone but I also don't want to lose my unlimited data.

Yea best buy does well and you can def use your gift cards
AndreaCristiano is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old January 10th, 2011, 11:59 AM   #8 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
lsutigers03's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 507
 
Device(s): Razr Maxx
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 15
Thanked 41 Times in 29 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndreaCristiano View Post
Yea best buy does well and you can def use your gift cards
Awesome looks like I won't have to come out of pocket like I was expecting. If your friend gets a chance to get his hands on one get him to find out if sideloading is blocked.
lsutigers03 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old January 10th, 2011, 11:59 AM   #9 (permalink)
Member
 
youareme7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 219
 
Device(s): Motorola Atrix 4g
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 31
Thanked 37 Times in 27 Posts
Default

That does seem to fall in line with (today's) rumors about the iphone actually hitting verizon at the end of January. We'll all know about that rumor tomorrow though.

Right now it feels like the Atrix is riding high on the hype from lots of major news outlets, it seems almost a shame to let some of that cool just to ride out an iphone announcement, especially since most editorial sources agree that this iphone will be just like the iphone 4.

On a separate note, does anyone know if 3rd party retailers stock phones at the same time that AT&T does? Or does it sometimes take a week or two to reach them? I honestly have very little experience buying phones from anywhere other than carrier stores or online.
youareme7 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old January 10th, 2011, 12:00 PM   #10 (permalink)
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: NJ
Posts: 4,012
 
Device(s): AT&T White NEXUS S!!!!
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 168
Thanked 222 Times in 178 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by youareme7 View Post
That does seem to fall in line with (today's) rumors about the iphone actually hitting verizon at the end of January. We'll all know about that rumor tomorrow though.

Right now it feels like the Atrix is riding high on the hype from lots of major news outlets, it seems almost a shame to let some of that cool just to ride out an iphone announcement, especially since most editorial sources agree that this iphone will be just like the iphone 4.

On a separate note, does anyone know if 3rd party retailers stock phones at the same time that AT&T does? Or does it sometimes take a week or two to reach them? I honestly have very little experience buying phones from anywhere other than carrier stores or online.

They stock at the same time just not as many units as att does
AndreaCristiano is offline  
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old January 10th, 2011, 12:00 PM   #11 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Baldilocks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Delaware, U.S.A.
Posts: 1,242
 
Device(s): HTC One X (International)
Carrier: AT&T

Thanks: 54
Thanked 160 Times in 116 Posts
Default

That depends. Sometimes Best Buy drops phones first, other times they are available for pre-order thru AT&T long before other retailers.
Baldilocks is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old January 10th, 2011, 12:01 PM   #12 (permalink)
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: NJ
Posts: 4,012
 
Device(s): AT&T White NEXUS S!!!!
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 168
Thanked 222 Times in 178 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baldilocks View Post
That depends. Sometimes Best Buy drops phones first, other times they are available for pre-order thru AT&T long before other retailers.

Usually best buy drops them first only online
AndreaCristiano is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old January 10th, 2011, 12:02 PM   #13 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 57
 
Device(s): Motorola Bravo
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 2
Thanked 7 Times in 6 Posts
Default

That is probably true, but right now I don't have a very large salary, entry level job at a lower paying company (benefits are great but they still rack up extra costs at the same time), and a wife who is just a Special Education TA at an elementary school means that the $0-50 is very tempting, but so is the Atrix. In addition, I know that the Atrix will easily be able to show off the capabilities of Android extremely well in order to show off to my entire family the reasons why I wanted to switch from my crappy iPhone 3G, and didn't want to go to the iPhone 4.

I am only looking at the Motorola phones currently because I don't like the feel of the Samsungs, and I hate how the Infuse is a very slightly improved Evo/Desire HD. I also dislike the size and shape of the phone icon on Sense and prefer the Motoblur phone and contact buttons even though they are less classy looking.

Every Motorola phone I've had or seen (My dad worked for Motorola since the late 70's so I watched the evolution of the cellphone through his) has been great, and the old hand-me-down StarTAC and Razr phones that I had before my iPhone were amazing and in my opinion much better phones than the Apple ones.

The Bravo is a great, very under-appreciated phone. It has the power to rival most current high-end phones even though it only has the 800 mhz processor (if you trust the benchmarking scores, which I'm unsure about). I love how it has the 1530 mAh battery (I hate HTC phones battery life, and is a reason why I loathe my iPhone 3G).
roadkizzle is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old January 10th, 2011, 12:03 PM   #14 (permalink)
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: NJ
Posts: 4,012
 
Device(s): AT&T White NEXUS S!!!!
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 168
Thanked 222 Times in 178 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadkizzle View Post
That is probably true, but right now I don't have a very large salary, entry level job at a lower paying company (benefits are great but they still rack up extra costs at the same time), and a wife who is just a Special Education TA at an elementary school means that the $0-50 is very tempting, but so is the Atrix. In addition, I know that the Atrix will easily be able to show off the capabilities of Android extremely well in order to show off to my entire family the reasons why I wanted to switch from my crappy iPhone 3G, and didn't want to go to the iPhone 4.

I am only looking at the Motorola phones currently because I don't like the feel of the Samsungs, and I hate how the Infuse is a very slightly improved Evo/Desire HD. I also dislike the size and shape of the phone icon on Sense and prefer the Motoblur phone and contact buttons even though they are less classy looking.

Every Motorola phone I've had or seen (My dad worked for Motorola since the late 70's so I watched the evolution of the cellphone through his) has been great, and the old hand-me-down StarTAC and Razr phones that I had before my iPhone were amazing and in my opinion much better phones than the Apple ones.

The Bravo is a great, very under-appreciated phone. It has the power to rival most current high-end phones even though it only has the 800 mhz processor (if you trust the benchmarking scores, which I'm unsure about). I love how it has the 1530 mAh battery (I hate HTC phones battery life, and is a reason why I loathe my iPhone 3G).
It isn't a bad phone I was just saying in comparison
AndreaCristiano is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old January 10th, 2011, 12:04 PM   #15 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Baldilocks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Delaware, U.S.A.
Posts: 1,242
 
Device(s): HTC One X (International)
Carrier: AT&T

Thanks: 54
Thanked 160 Times in 116 Posts
Default

I have a Bravo I am using in the meantime - nothing wrong with it at all. Just wish it had Android 2.2.
Baldilocks is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old January 10th, 2011, 01:04 PM   #16 (permalink)
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: NJ
Posts: 4,012
 
Device(s): AT&T White NEXUS S!!!!
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 168
Thanked 222 Times in 178 Posts
Default

att reps are still stating a pre release date as March the first launch for the atrix and inspire. That means this was what was known prior to release. They haven't had any updates as of yet
AndreaCristiano is offline  
Last edited by AndreaCristiano; January 10th, 2011 at 01:07 PM.
Reply With Quote
Old January 10th, 2011, 01:16 PM   #17 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 152
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 5 Times in 5 Posts
Default

Any idea to full price, not upgrade?
ScuroRaven is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old January 10th, 2011, 01:17 PM   #18 (permalink)
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: NJ
Posts: 4,012
 
Device(s): AT&T White NEXUS S!!!!
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 168
Thanked 222 Times in 178 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScuroRaven View Post
Any idea to full price, not upgrade?

No but imwe are speculating 699
AndreaCristiano is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old January 10th, 2011, 01:24 PM   #19 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
s.m.knipe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Martinsburg, WV & Portales, NM
Posts: 939
 
Device(s): Samsung Galaxy Nexus, Motorola Atrix 4G, Samsung Craptivate, Nexus 1, G1
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 305
Thanked 242 Times in 129 Posts
s.m.knipe
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndreaCristiano View Post
No but imwe are speculating 699
I seriously hope not, Motorola said that the pricing would be "competitive" so I am guessing around $550, to keep from pricing it beyond the market (power user market). They are not in a bubble and have seen the response to the Nexus line pricing and won't go far beyond that...
s.m.knipe is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old January 10th, 2011, 01:25 PM   #20 (permalink)
Premium Member
 
RavenFox's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Westchester, NY
Posts: 342
 
Device(s): Samsung Captivate,Nexus S, Google Galaxy Nexus
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 41
Thanked 30 Times in 23 Posts
terrahertz
Default

Hmm I wonder if Amazon will get in on this. Thx for the info Andrea.
RavenFox is offline  
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old January 10th, 2011, 01:25 PM   #21 (permalink)
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: NJ
Posts: 4,012
 
Device(s): AT&T White NEXUS S!!!!
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 168
Thanked 222 Times in 178 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by s.m.knipe View Post
I seriously hope not, Motorola said that the pricing would be "competitive" so I am guessing around $550, to keep from pricing it beyond the market (power user market). They are not in a bubble and have seen the response to the Nexus line pricing and won't go far beyond that...

Yes well comparable to the nexus the atrix is worth it
AndreaCristiano is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old January 10th, 2011, 01:26 PM   #22 (permalink)
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: NJ
Posts: 4,012
 
Device(s): AT&T White NEXUS S!!!!
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 168
Thanked 222 Times in 178 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenFox View Post
Hmm I wonder if Amazon will get in on this. Thx for the info Andrea.

No problem. I was hoping that someone else with a connect at either radioshack or amazon or wirefly would chime in so we could maybe do some triangulation.
AndreaCristiano is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old January 10th, 2011, 01:29 PM   #23 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
s.m.knipe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Martinsburg, WV & Portales, NM
Posts: 939
 
Device(s): Samsung Galaxy Nexus, Motorola Atrix 4G, Samsung Craptivate, Nexus 1, G1
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 305
Thanked 242 Times in 129 Posts
s.m.knipe
Default

I agree, but from a marketing standpoint it would be foolish to do so, they see how low nexus sales are, even with a subsidized pricepoint..
And also thanks for the info and good posts
s.m.knipe is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old January 10th, 2011, 01:34 PM   #24 (permalink)
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: NJ
Posts: 4,012
 
Device(s): AT&T White NEXUS S!!!!
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 168
Thanked 222 Times in 178 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by s.m.knipe View Post
I agree, but from a marketing standpoint it would be foolish to do so, they see how low nexus sales are, even with a subsidized pricepoint..
And also thanks for the info and good posts

I'm gonna also point out nexus sales no good because no advertising no att 3G people aren't that into T-Mobile
AndreaCristiano is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old January 10th, 2011, 01:39 PM   #25 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
s.m.knipe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Martinsburg, WV & Portales, NM
Posts: 939
 
Device(s): Samsung Galaxy Nexus, Motorola Atrix 4G, Samsung Craptivate, Nexus 1, G1
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 305
Thanked 242 Times in 129 Posts
s.m.knipe
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndreaCristiano View Post
I'm gonna also point out nexus sales no good because no advertising no att 3G people aren't that into T-Mobile
The N1 had an ATT 3G version available, and both Nexii have free online adverts through Google, in fact I am starting at one right now. The NS even had Best Buy to market it and is still slipping... Although to be fair the nexus line is not there to sell well, they are there to push the market...
s.m.knipe is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old January 10th, 2011, 01:43 PM   #26 (permalink)
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: NJ
Posts: 4,012
 
Device(s): AT&T White NEXUS S!!!!
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 168
Thanked 222 Times in 178 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by s.m.knipe View Post
The N1 had an ATT 3G version available, and both Nexii have free online adverts through Google, in fact I am starting at one right now. The NS even had Best Buy to market it and is still slipping... Although to be fair the nexus line is not there to sell well, they are there to push the market...

True well said
AndreaCristiano is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old January 10th, 2011, 01:46 PM   #27 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Wisconsin, USA
Posts: 407
 
Device(s): HTC Vivid Rum Float4 ICS. Motorola Atrix 4.5.141, rooted.
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 27
Thanked 40 Times in 39 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndreaCristiano View Post
No problem. I was hoping that someone else with a connect at either radioshack or amazon or wirefly would chime in so we could maybe do some triangulation.
Not quite a connect, but the local corporate store that I buy all my phones from and hang out at, tells me that they usually know about the launch date around 2 weeks ahead. They have not been told anything so they are saying not in the next two weeks.
charlyee is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old January 10th, 2011, 01:48 PM   #28 (permalink)
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: NJ
Posts: 4,012
 
Device(s): AT&T White NEXUS S!!!!
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 168
Thanked 222 Times in 178 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by charlyee View Post
Not quite a connect, but the local corporate store that I buy all my phones from and hang out at, tells me that they usually know about the launch date around 2 weeks ahead. They have not been told anything so they are saying not in the next two weeks.

OK well that's something thanks
AndreaCristiano is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old January 10th, 2011, 02:01 PM   #29 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 171
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by charlyee View Post
Not quite a connect, but the local corporate store that I buy all my phones from and hang out at, tells me that they usually know about the launch date around 2 weeks ahead. They have not been told anything so they are saying not in the next two weeks.

This doesn't corroborate the so-called "Best Buy" friend that the original poster claims to have that claims to know someone in the biz who knows something about the release date.
blinky is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old January 10th, 2011, 02:02 PM   #30 (permalink)
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: NJ
Posts: 4,012
 
Device(s): AT&T White NEXUS S!!!!
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 168
Thanked 222 Times in 178 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by blinky View Post
This doesn't corroborate the so-called "Best Buy" friend that the original poster claims to have that claims to know someone in the biz who knows something about the release date.

I never stated he knows someone in the industry? He just looked up best buy logs. So don't put words in my mouth to make yourself feel better
AndreaCristiano is offline  
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old January 10th, 2011, 02:15 PM   #31 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
s.m.knipe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Martinsburg, WV & Portales, NM
Posts: 939
 
Device(s): Samsung Galaxy Nexus, Motorola Atrix 4G, Samsung Craptivate, Nexus 1, G1
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 305
Thanked 242 Times in 129 Posts
s.m.knipe
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndreaCristiano View Post
True well said
Thanks. I really hope it is between $ 500 and $ 600 for the sake of its own popularity. Popular items get support (unless it is made by Samsung).
Although, if they did over-price this one, moto would have a tion of docks and such left over that they would either sell cheaply, or make an LTE Atrix that uses them and sells for slightly less this summer. Hmmm... It might be good if they over-price it...
s.m.knipe is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old January 10th, 2011, 02:30 PM   #32 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Wisconsin, USA
Posts: 407
 
Device(s): HTC Vivid Rum Float4 ICS. Motorola Atrix 4.5.141, rooted.
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 27
Thanked 40 Times in 39 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by blinky View Post
This doesn't corroborate the so-called "Best Buy" friend that the original poster claims to have that claims to know someone in the biz who knows something about the release date.
It certainly doesn't contradict it either. All at&t store person said was that it was not launching in the next two weeks, so not before January 24th.
charlyee is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old January 10th, 2011, 02:35 PM   #33 (permalink)
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: NJ
Posts: 4,012
 
Device(s): AT&T White NEXUS S!!!!
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 168
Thanked 222 Times in 178 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by charlyee View Post
It certainly doesn't contradict it either. All at&t store person said was that it was not launching in the next two weeks, so not before January 24th.

I still look at everything and believe that this phone will be out the latest Feb 5
AndreaCristiano is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old January 10th, 2011, 03:09 PM   #34 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Freaking Ohio
Posts: 875
 
Device(s): Atrix 3.5G
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 8
Thanked 19 Times in 19 Posts
Default

It will be out when it's out. Just keep saving your pennies!
__________________
I always wanted to have that ideal father son relationship. You know, where I get to see him for like eight hours every other weekend, and send checks to some woman I hate. -- Tucker, Red vs. Blue
barry99705 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old January 10th, 2011, 03:09 PM   #35 (permalink)
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: NJ
Posts: 4,012
 
Device(s): AT&T White NEXUS S!!!!
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 168
Thanked 222 Times in 178 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by barry99705 View Post
It will be out when it's out. Just keep saving your pennies!

Hahahahah funny
AndreaCristiano is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old January 10th, 2011, 03:19 PM   #36 (permalink)
Ex CEO-DNPSEA foundation
 
shawn1224's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Houston, TX
Gender: Male
Posts: 2,174
 
Device(s): Samsung Galaxy Note 3 - 32GB Gold iPhone 5s - 16GB Nexus 7 (2nd gen) - Chromecast
Carrier: Verizon

Thanks: 186
Thanked 290 Times in 208 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by barry99705 View Post
It will be out when it's out. Just keep saving your pennies!
I don't know about you guys but I've been holding out for well over a year. Some of you at least have decent 2nd generation android devices and not a POS Mytouch 3G.


... I can't ... wait ... any longer.
shawn1224 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old January 10th, 2011, 03:38 PM   #37 (permalink)
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: NJ
Posts: 4,012
 
Device(s): AT&T White NEXUS S!!!!
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 168
Thanked 222 Times in 178 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by shawn1224 View Post
I don't know about you guys but I've been holding out for well over a year. Some of you at least have decent 2nd generation android devices and not a POS Mytouch 3G.


... I can't ... wait ... any longer.

Holy crap man I feel for u
AndreaCristiano is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old January 10th, 2011, 03:49 PM   #38 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
lsutigers03's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 507
 
Device(s): Razr Maxx
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 15
Thanked 41 Times in 29 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by shawn1224 View Post
I don't know about you guys but I've been holding out for well over a year. Some of you at least have decent 2nd generation android devices and not a POS Mytouch 3G.


... I can't ... wait ... any longer.
Well I have an iPhone 4 so I feel your pain on the POS phone.
lsutigers03 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old January 10th, 2011, 03:49 PM   #39 (permalink)
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: NJ
Posts: 4,012
 
Device(s): AT&T White NEXUS S!!!!
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 168
Thanked 222 Times in 178 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lsutigers03 View Post
Well I have an iPhone 4 so I feel your pain on the POS phone.

Ohh a burrrn
AndreaCristiano is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old January 10th, 2011, 04:08 PM   #40 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
lsutigers03's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 507
 
Device(s): Razr Maxx
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 15
Thanked 41 Times in 29 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndreaCristiano View Post
Ohh a burrrn
Lol ok well the iPhone 4 isn't a POS it's a great device. After 4 iPhones I'm just ready for a change.
lsutigers03 is offline  
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old January 10th, 2011, 04:12 PM   #41 (permalink)
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: NJ
Posts: 4,012
 
Device(s): AT&T White NEXUS S!!!!
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 168
Thanked 222 Times in 178 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lsutigers03 View Post
Lol ok well the iPhone 4 isn't a POS it's a great device. After 4 iPhones I'm just ready for a change.

Now you sound exactly like me I had all four and just got bored. Had to switch to android
AndreaCristiano is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old January 10th, 2011, 04:18 PM   #42 (permalink)
Member
 
youareme7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 219
 
Device(s): Motorola Atrix 4g
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 31
Thanked 37 Times in 27 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndreaCristiano View Post
Now you sound exactly like me I had all four and just got bored. Had to switch to android
Similar thing with me; I had a 3gs and got tired of the apple ecosystem. I switched to Android and I don't see any reason why I would ever go back.
youareme7 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old January 10th, 2011, 04:29 PM   #43 (permalink)
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: NJ
Posts: 4,012
 
Device(s): AT&T White NEXUS S!!!!
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 168
Thanked 222 Times in 178 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by youareme7 View Post
Similar thing with me; I had a 3gs and got tired of the apple ecosystem. I switched to Android and I don't see any reason why I would ever go back.

Yea unless there is a revolution in the design of the OS and customization
AndreaCristiano is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old January 10th, 2011, 04:30 PM   #44 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
lsutigers03's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 507
 
Device(s): Razr Maxx
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 15
Thanked 41 Times in 29 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by youareme7 View Post
Similar thing with me; I had a 3gs and got tired of the apple ecosystem. I switched to Android and I don't see any reason why I would ever go back.
I'm hoping I have the same experience. When it comes to smartphones I've never taken off my iPhone floatees.
lsutigers03 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old January 10th, 2011, 04:40 PM   #45 (permalink)
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: NJ
Posts: 4,012
 
Device(s): AT&T White NEXUS S!!!!
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 168
Thanked 222 Times in 178 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lsutigers03 View Post
I'm hoping I have the same experience. When it comes to smartphones I've never taken off my iPhone floatees.

Well I used android, symbian, BB,iOS etc etc
AndreaCristiano is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old January 10th, 2011, 04:43 PM   #46 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
atlbuc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Atlanta, GA
Posts: 638
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 21
Thanked 49 Times in 31 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndreaCristiano View Post
Now you sound exactly like me I had all four and just got bored. Had to switch to android
Same here, I went to a Windows Phone 7 because I got so sick of my boring iPhone 4 with it's small screen. The good thing about it is i sold it on craigslist for $650. I can say that the iPhone 4 is definitely overhyped. I can't wait for the Atrix so i can move back to Android. I also have an iPad that I'm waiting to get rid of for when the Honeycomb tablets drop. I really think they will be an iPad killer.
atlbuc is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old January 10th, 2011, 04:46 PM   #47 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Wisconsin, USA
Posts: 407
 
Device(s): HTC Vivid Rum Float4 ICS. Motorola Atrix 4.5.141, rooted.
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 27
Thanked 40 Times in 39 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndreaCristiano View Post
Well I used android, symbian, BB,iOS etc etc
No iOS for me. Came from Palm to Symbian to WM to BB to Android.
charlyee is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old January 10th, 2011, 04:50 PM   #48 (permalink)
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: NJ
Posts: 4,012
 
Device(s): AT&T White NEXUS S!!!!
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 168
Thanked 222 Times in 178 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by charlyee View Post
No iOS for me. Came from Palm to Symbian to WM to BB to Android.

Oh yea forgot about my palm Treo and palm webos. Webos could be killer if they licensed it out could you imagine a webOS Inspire?
AndreaCristiano is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old January 10th, 2011, 04:50 PM   #49 (permalink)
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: NJ
Posts: 4,012
 
Device(s): AT&T White NEXUS S!!!!
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 168
Thanked 222 Times in 178 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by atlbuc View Post
Same here, I went to a Windows Phone 7 because I got so sick of my boring iPhone 4 with it's small screen. The good thing about it is i sold it on craigslist for $650. I can say that the iPhone 4 is definitely overhyped. I can't wait for the Atrix so i can move back to Android. I also have an iPad that I'm waiting to get rid of for when the Honeycomb tablets drop. I really think they will be an iPad killer.

Sold my ipad already lol
AndreaCristiano is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old January 10th, 2011, 05:10 PM   #50 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
atlbuc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Atlanta, GA
Posts: 638
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 21
Thanked 49 Times in 31 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndreaCristiano View Post
Sold my ipad already lol
Lol well soon as AT&T announces a Honeycomb tablet I'll sell it. The Motorola Xoom looks awesome but I don't want to be on Verizon. I could sell it and just do the laptop dock webtop thing.
atlbuc is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply

Motorola Atrix 4G
Current Rating:
Rate this Phone:

The Motorola Atrix 4G brings several firsts to AT&T's lineup, among them a dual-core CPU in the form of NVIDIA's Tegra 2 platform. The CPU is clocked at 1GHz per core, providing enough zip to match the HSPA+ connectivity and 4G download... Read More



Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > Motorola Atrix 4G
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:38 AM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.