Go Back   Android Forums > Archived Android Devices > Archived Phones > Motorola CLIQ 2

Get excited for the Samsung Galaxy S5! Find everything you need and discuss it in our Galaxy S5 Forum!

test: Reply

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old October 27th, 2012, 01:19 PM   #1 (permalink)
Thread Author (OP)

Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Default Constant low storage memory problems no matter how few apps I install

Based on the lack of activity on Cliq 2 here I'm not holding out a lot of hope this will be answered, but I thought I would give it a shot. I am having CONSTANT fluctuations in storage space and it affecting everything from me email syncing to my app updating to, most importantly, my text messaging, where I seem to only receive 1/2 of the texts sent to me. I do not know what else to do- every app that I am allowed to move to the SD card has been moved. I have reluctantly deleted 90% of the apps that CAN'T be moved, even though I used them regularly. The only apps I have installed on the phone at this point are Facebook, Pocket, SMS backup, Advanced Task Manager, and App 2 SD, for a total of about 45MB out of 300M that is ostensibly available. The latter three programs are absolutely necessary for me to keep things running considering Android's propensity to gobble up both RAM and storage sopace, and as for FB and Pocket, I am really trying to figure out what the point of having a smart phone is if you can't even have such basic functionality. Meanwhile, all sync settings have been reduced to 1 day from the default 4. Nonetheless, I find myself getting low storage space messages daily as my available memory dwindles from a high of about 50MB to as low as 22MB. Every morning I am forced to wipe the data from running apps like gmail (which has led to high data usage) and delete cache over and over, and I still find that overnight I have missed any incoming texts and syncing has stopped. I have been so frustrated that I went app by app in the manager to calculate what space is being taken up. According to my calculator, it equaled 234MB, which was a gap of about 25MB from what it should be, whcih means there are unaccounted for files on the phone that are not app-based. Meanwhile, if I deleted every phone based app I can I would still only get down to having 1/3rd of my phone's space available (until the next sync).
I guess my questions are: WHY does available storage fluctuate so much (I don't get THAT many emails)? How can I stop it? What files might be on the phone that I can safely delete? Why is it that I get a low memory block even when I have as much as 10% free and how can I stop it from blocking reception of texts?

sponsored links

Motorola CLIQ 2
Current Rating:
Rate this Phone:

The Motorola Cliq 2 is probably what the original Cliq should have been. It's rockin' a 3.7 inch touchscreen, 1 Ghz processor, 1 GB of memory, Android with MOTOBLUR, and a revamped hardware QWERTY keyboard. It's actually just breakting ... Read More

Go Back   Android Forums > Archived Android Devices > Archived Phones > Motorola CLIQ 2