April 12th, 2012, 12:35 PM
Thread Author (OP)
Join Date: Aug 2010
Carrier: Not Provided
Thanked 174 Times in 67 Posts
Motorola Defy Screen Repair Guide
This take apart repair guide will show you how to disassemble your Motorola Defy quickly and securely. This guide will assist you with replacing a cracked or damaged touch screen, and damaged/ faulty LCD display screens, as well as other internal faulty parts.
This guide will help you to install the following Motorola Defy parts:
- Motorola Defy Touch Screen Glass Digitizer
- Motorola Defy LCD Display Screen
- Safe Open Pry Tool
- T5 Torx Screwdriver
Motorola Defy Take apart guide:
- First step is to remove the back cover and the battery from the phone. You can then remove the nine (9) screws using T5 Torx Screwdriver.
- Slowly separate the back case with the use of a safe pry tool. Gently push forward the motherboard once the side is loosened to totally separate the back housing.
- Take away the rubber on the top of the motherboard using safe pry tool. Then release the two (2) pop connectors to separate the motherboard. The motherboard is now separated.
- Gently separate the LCD from the phone using safe pry tool.
- Then take away the rubber lining from the front housing and touch screen digitizer.
- With the use of heat gun or hair dryer, apply heat at the front of the housing to soften the held adhesive. Then start prying the touch screen out from the housing.
- You can start replacing the touch screen or LCD screen and reassemble your Defy.
Reverse the instruction above to put your phone back together.