Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > Motorola Droid 2

Get excited for the Samsung Galaxy S5! Find everything you need and discuss it in our Galaxy S5 Forum!

test: Reply

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old October 10th, 2011, 08:05 AM   #1 (permalink)
Thread Author (OP)

Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Default Screen Fades to Black!?

Recently my Droid 2 has been Spazing out and locking up. By locking up i mean i will lock my phone then press the button to unlock and the screen backlight will turn on but that is all. The pixels will stay black, but after 5 to 10 minutes it will work just fine. Starting today my phone will fade to black, literally fade, like an old tv turning off. The pixels will just fade out to black starting from the outside of the screen to the inside. What makes this bad is its completely useless. it wont go away, i have taken out the battery and put it back in and tried to turn on the phone, yet just the backlight comes on no Motorola boot screen yet it will let me go into hard reset mode (hold power on and x) and i can get the menu and get my phone back to working state, but its happened 3 times already. is there anything else to do before it comes to trying a factory reset? Or should i just go to verizon and skip the hard reset? i do have insurance on my phone.

Last edited by gits777; October 10th, 2011 at 08:06 AM. Reason: spaz was censored? lol
sponsored links
Old October 17th, 2011, 07:46 AM   #2 (permalink)
Premium Member

Device(s): Droid 4 (Rooted)

Send a message via AIM to RJT185 RJT185

If you've rooted and ROM'ed try to do a full SBF and see if it fixes the problem. You'll have to do it anyways if you're going to VZW so the phone is in unrooted stock software if it wasn't already.
Old October 20th, 2011, 07:15 AM   #3 (permalink)

Device(s):

My wife's phone was doing this, it's completely stock. Exchange it.

Motorola DROID 2
Current Rating:
Rate this Phone:

The Motorola Droid 2 is the followup to the Verizon handset that put Android on the map in a big way, and keeping with tradition key upgrades and an improved keyboard creates a device worthy of the name. Featuring a 1GHz processor, 3.7-inch display... Read More

Tags
black, droid 2, screen

Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > Motorola Droid 2