Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > Motorola Droid 3

New Forums: Nexus Player | Nexus 9
test: Reply

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old July 25th, 2011, 12:46 PM   #1 (permalink)
Thread Author (OP)

Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Default droid 3 wont turn on

hello all droid users. I have a quick question. I am actually writing for my son who is at work. I saw his phone on the counter this morning so I decided to plug it in so that it would be charged in time for him to go to work. I plugged it in and waited about 1/2 hour, came back, phone felt warm but would not turn on. a friend of his called me about an hour ago, and said phone still not turning on...any thoughts?

Advertisements
sponsored links
Old July 25th, 2011, 12:56 PM   #2 (permalink)
=Luceat Lux Vestra=

Device(s): Samsung Galaxy S5, Galaxy Tab 7" 2
Carrier: Verizon

Thanked 9,265 Times in 5,119 Posts

Welcome to Android Forums, ltirrel2.

I'd first (carefully) remove the battery cover and take the battery out for a few minutes.

Then replace the battery and charge fully. Be sure that when you turn it on the button is not held down for more than two seconds.. more like a quick one-second press.

Old July 25th, 2011, 02:28 PM   #3 (permalink)

Device(s):

Happened to me once. It turned out that even though it was plugged into my computer, it was discharging instead of charging, and the battery ended up running dead without my realizing that's what had happened. I thought mine was dead in the water, too. You need to pull the battery and reseat it, then plug it into the wall (not a computer USB port) and let it charge. You should be able to see the battery 0% screen when you hit power after you plug it in. I think it needs a 10% charge before it will actually fully power on.
The Following User Says Thank You to aostang For This Useful Post:
droidnewbie999 (October 27th, 2011)
Old October 27th, 2011, 10:29 AM   #4 (permalink)

Device(s):

Default droid 3 not turning on when plugged into computer

my phone battery ran out and i plugged it into my computer to charge and i had a white light on the phone by the plug and assumed it was charging. no phone power after an hour.
i read this and unplugged from my laptop and plugged into the wall and it's charging and that little white light is no longer on.

does anyone know what the white light indicates?
The Following User Says Thank You to droidnewbie999 For This Useful Post:
SunshyneLB (March 30th, 2012)
Old October 27th, 2011, 11:37 AM   #5 (permalink)
s_a

Device(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by droidnewbie999 View Post
my phone battery ran out and i plugged it into my computer to charge and i had a white light on the phone by the plug and assumed it was charging. no phone power after an hour.
i read this and unplugged from my laptop and plugged into the wall and it's charging and that little white light is no longer on.

does anyone know what the white light indicates?
To be honest, I don't know what its meant to signify, but I had the exact problem a week and two days ago. My phone ran out of battery, I connected it to my laptop, but it wouldn't turn on. All I know is that it turned on, EVENTUALLY. Which PROBABLY means that the white light, which I also experienced, "means" that the phone has too low of a charge to even start.

Not sure, and cannot confirm it. But at least it will eentually turn on, and it's not defective (as it appeared to be to me when it happened.)
The Following User Says Thank You to s_a For This Useful Post:
SunshyneLB (March 30th, 2012)
Old October 27th, 2011, 12:34 PM   #6 (permalink)

Device(s):

It's a "sign of life" indicator for techs to see that the phone is actually taking a charge even though it won't turn on. Once the phone has enough charge to turn on, that indicator goes away. Really, they should have just made it a charge indicator and just had it light up until 100% charge. That's actually been suggested on the Moto forums for a possible future update.
The Following User Says Thank You to aostang For This Useful Post:
s_a (October 27th, 2011)
Old March 30th, 2012, 01:00 PM   #7 (permalink)

Device(s):

Default You Rule!

Quote:
Originally Posted by aostang View Post
Happened to me once. It turned out that even though it was plugged into my computer, it was discharging instead of charging, and the battery ended up running dead without my realizing that's what had happened. I thought mine was dead in the water, too. You need to pull the battery and reseat it, then plug it into the wall (not a computer USB port) and let it charge. You should be able to see the battery 0% screen when you hit power after you plug it in. I think it needs a 10% charge before it will actually fully power on.
thank you for this! i was going to blow my lunch hour and spend it inline at the Vz store til I read about the WALL charge. I too had the little white light. now, i get to eat my lunch and Droid is charging beautifully! YOU RULE!

Motorola DROID 3
Current Rating:
Rate this Phone:

Verizon Wireless will continue their fabled DROID line with the third-coming of their original Android Phone: the Motorola Droid. The Motorola DROID 3 will see some of the biggest changes to the series since its inception, with a dual-core processo... Read More

Tags
lynn

Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > Motorola Droid 3