Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > Motorola Droid 3

Like Tree1Likes

test: Reply

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old December 3rd, 2012, 04:52 PM   #51 (permalink)

Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Quote:
Originally Posted by doogald View Post
Sorry, just guessing here, but what happens if you power off the phone, pull the SIM card, and try restarting without it?

And, did you try a factory reset yet?
I did a factory reset and it did nothing, still no signal at all and shows the error message every time I go to power it off. I did start it with no sim card and nothing was different. Just the red slash circle through the bars. :/ And if I shut it down with no sim card, the error message still flashes. It seems to be like, not communicating with it's cell-service function at all. It still works for wifi though.

Any suggestions? I work a LOT and won't be able to get to a Verizon store til tomorrow afternoon at the earliest. I can't just call them because I have no signal. This is really annoying...

Advertisements
sponsored links
Old December 3rd, 2012, 06:37 PM   #52 (permalink)

Device(s): Moto Droid Maxx (2013-), Moto Droid 3 (2011-2013), HTC Droid Eris (2009-2011) Also, an iPad 3rd gen.
Carrier: Verizon

Thanked 1,593 Times in 1,240 Posts

It sounds like bad hardware to me. I can't think of anything else to try.
Old February 15th, 2013, 11:20 AM   #53 (permalink)
Thread Author (OP)

Device(s): Samsung Galaxy S4 (rooted), Motorola Droid 3 (rooted)
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

I'm the thread starter. This error happened again for me in Dec. 2012 with the stock ROM. As doogald knows, I'm now running a rooted ROM (Minimoto), so hopefully that will put an end to whatever BP panicking that occurs with the stock ROM.
Old April 29th, 2013, 12:24 AM   #54 (permalink)

Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Sad Same problem.

I have had a Droid 3 for over a year and a half and just had this happen for the first time. It showed no signal and then the flashing black error message showed on the top half of my screen. I rebooted my phone and it went away. I really hope this doesn't happen again. D:
Old July 8th, 2013, 11:47 AM   #55 (permalink)
Thread Author (OP)

I haven't encountered this problem ever since I rooted my phone and put Minimoto on it back in Feb. Not that Minimoto is perfect, its stock GB 2.3.4 is quite buggy and the phone crashes occasionally, every week or 2. But it hasn't with the BP panic.
Old August 2nd, 2013, 01:06 PM   #56 (permalink)
Thread Author (OP)

I replaced my Droid 3 with the Samsung Galaxy S4 this week. I'm know going to miss the physical keyboard, but too bad the market has pretty much banished keyboard-enabled phones. The S4 is very nice and much snappier than the D3, but it's to be expected with 2-years newer tech.

I want to give special thanks to doogald, for helping me out so much about 6 months ago when I rooted my D3 and recommended to replace the stock ROM with MiniMoto. I'm now about to root the S4. You'll find me hanging out in that area. Best wishes to those who still have a D3.
doogald likes this.
The Following User Says Thank You to beowulf7 For This Useful Post:
5318008 (August 2nd, 2013)
Old August 5th, 2013, 09:10 AM   #57 (permalink)

Device(s): Moto Droid Maxx (2013-), Moto Droid 3 (2011-2013), HTC Droid Eris (2009-2011) Also, an iPad 3rd gen.
Carrier: Verizon

Thanked 1,593 Times in 1,240 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by beowulf7 View Post
I replaced my Droid 3 with the Samsung Galaxy S4 this week. I'm know going to miss the physical keyboard, but too bad the market has pretty much banished keyboard-enabled phones. The S4 is very nice and much snappier than the D3, but it's to be expected with 2-years newer tech.

I want to give special thanks to doogald, for helping me out so much about 6 months ago when I rooted my D3 and recommended to replace the stock ROM with MiniMoto. I'm now about to root the S4. You'll find me hanging out in that area. Best wishes to those who still have a D3.
Good luck with the S4. I have an upgrade (finally) August 12, but I'm going to wait a week and look at the new Droid Maxx. I have my phone set now to try to preserve battery life and there are many things I would do with my phone that I tend to avoid due to battery life issues. I don't need 1024p all that much on a small device like a phone (and watching video content is not one of the things I avoid doing with my phone.) I also live in a remote area and I have heard that Samsung radios are not great with weak signals compared with Motos (one of the reasons I went with the D3 in the first place.) Of course we know little about the new Moto droids yet but I think the big battery may bring me that way.
Old August 9th, 2013, 11:36 AM   #58 (permalink)
Thread Author (OP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by doogald View Post
Good luck with the S4. I have an upgrade (finally) August 12, but I'm going to wait a week and look at the new Droid Maxx. I have my phone set now to try to preserve battery life and there are many things I would do with my phone that I tend to avoid due to battery life issues. I don't need 1024p all that much on a small device like a phone (and watching video content is not one of the things I avoid doing with my phone.) I also live in a remote area and I have heard that Samsung radios are not great with weak signals compared with Motos (one of the reasons I went with the D3 in the first place.) Of course we know little about the new Moto droids yet but I think the big battery may bring me that way.
Congrats on becoming eligible for a new phone next week. This is my 1st ever Samsung phone (dumb or smart). And it's my 1st ever 4G LTE phone. So far, I have no issues about its radio.

I can see if you want to stay with Motorola due to your familiarity with them, bigger battery, and possibly better radio. Whatever you decide, I'm sure you'll root it!

BTW, I have to say that I didn't think having such a big screen and 1920 x 1080 resolution would be a big deal, but looking at the 2 phones side-by-side (D3 and S4), it's such a huge difference, words can't describe. The screen is so beautiful on the S4.

Motorola DROID 3
Current Rating:
Rate this Phone:

Verizon Wireless will continue their fabled DROID line with the third-coming of their original Android Phone: the Motorola Droid. The Motorola DROID 3 will see some of the biggest changes to the series since its inception, with a dual-core processo... Read More

Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > Motorola Droid 3