Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > Motorola Droid 3

Get excited for the Samsung Galaxy S5! Find everything you need and discuss it in our Galaxy S5 Forum!

Like Tree1Likes

test: Reply

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old August 2nd, 2011, 04:36 PM   #1 (permalink)
Thread Author (OP)

Device(s): Samsung Galaxy S4 (rooted), Motorola Droid 3 (rooted)
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

Default My D3 crashed with "BP panicked" error

I was using the weather applet on my Droid 3 and while doing so, a little terminal window appeared in the top half of the phone and the following lines were printed:

Code:
BP paniced

Into BP core dump mode

Trying to open USB ...
During this time, I was still kind of able to use the phone by moving between the different screens, but the screen was in sort of hyper mode and blinking/flashing rapidly. Then the phone just turned off. I turned it on and it rebooted normally. Has anyone encountered this yet? It's a bizarre error, but it doesn't appear that any data was lost.

sponsored links
Old August 2nd, 2011, 04:59 PM   #2 (permalink)

Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Quote:
Originally Posted by beowulf7 View Post
I was using the weather applet on my Droid 3 and while doing so, a little terminal window appeared in the top half of the phone and the following lines were printed:

Code:
BP paniced

Into BP core dump mode

Trying to open USB ...
During this time, I was still kind of able to use the phone by moving between the different screens, but the screen was in sort of hyper mode and blinking/flashing rapidly. Then the phone just turned off. I turned it on and it rebooted normally. Has anyone encountered this yet? It's a bizarre error, but it doesn't appear that any data was lost.
Is this reproducible? Would like to know because this is the kind of "odd" behavior devs look for when trying to find exploits.
Old August 3rd, 2011, 12:18 AM   #3 (permalink)
Thread Author (OP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by aostang View Post
Is this reproducible? Would like to know because this is the kind of "odd" behavior devs look for when trying to find exploits.
Unfortunately, I cannot reproduce that error. While my phone has crashed a few times since I got it 3 weeks ago, this is the only time I saw the "BP paniced" error (I assume it's Motorola's typo for "panicked"). And it had never crashed before while I was using the weather app.
Old August 3rd, 2011, 01:17 AM   #4 (permalink)

Device(s):

I saw a wierd green squarewith a circuitboard happen like 3 times , screen went black. I was going to take it back in but i haven't seen it again that was sunday. Sounds similar to the op's description
Old August 3rd, 2011, 01:55 AM   #5 (permalink)

Device(s):

Quote:
Unfortunately, I cannot reproduce that error. While my phone has crashed a few times since I got it 3 weeks ago, this is the only time I saw the "BP paniced" error (I assume it's Motorola's typo for "panicked&quot. And it had never crashed before while I was using the weather app.

This exact same thing happened on my brothers Droid3...but has not happened since...it would not stop so had to turn phone off ...was very weird..but your not alone..but he didn't have that weather app installed
Old August 3rd, 2011, 02:03 AM   #6 (permalink)

Device(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by maldroid View Post
I saw a wierd green squarewith a circuitboard happen like 3 times , screen went black. I was going to take it back in but i haven't seen it again that was sunday. Sounds similar to the op's description

I rebooted it and I haven't been able to reproduce it as well, but it was definately a glitch of some sort
Old August 4th, 2011, 04:25 PM   #7 (permalink)
Thread Author (OP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebarbrr View Post
This exact same thing happened on my brothers Droid3...but has not happened since...it would not stop so had to turn phone off ...was very weird..but your not alone..but he didn't have that weather app installed
I see, thanks for confirming. So there's definitely a(nother) bug in the D3 that is causing it to go haywire. It's only happened to my phone once (so far).
Old August 8th, 2011, 03:07 AM   #8 (permalink)

Device(s):

My friend has been complaining about this with his D3 for a week or two now, he says it has happened several times. Does anyone have any leads on what could be causing this? I personally have a D3 and have never seen this issue.
Old August 9th, 2011, 12:31 AM   #9 (permalink)
Thread Author (OP)

Wow, several times, that's bad. Jonny, can your friend reproduce this error at will? Mine only happened that one time (so far).
Old August 9th, 2011, 01:41 AM   #10 (permalink)

Device(s):

Unfortunately no. He has yet to notice a pattern. He had no idea what it was, it finally happened with me around so he could show me, and that's when I posted. He said it has happened 4+ times. : / I am trying to think of any differences between his and mine (I haven't had this issue). We bought them at the same store on the same day. He uses Launcher Pro, I use ADW. He uses some wallpaper rotator that I don't. I'm sure there are a dozen other things, I will have to check next time I see him.
sponsored links
Old August 9th, 2011, 06:30 AM   #11 (permalink)

Device(s): HTC One M8, Droid 3, Thunderbolt, Droid X, HTC Eris
Carrier: Verizon

kelliott125

Quote:
Originally Posted by maldroid View Post
I had the green square thing happen once. Only when I switched orientation on the lock screen or home screen. Reboot fixed it and it didn't result in any issues.
Old August 9th, 2011, 10:10 AM   #12 (permalink)

Device(s):

I've had the green transitions thing too. It's a separate issue I believe. I am pretty sure I read somewhere else that green is the color used to clear the framebuffer, so that makes it seems like a graphics sync issue. My friend with the BP panic issue has had the green transitions as well, but I don't believe it ever coincided with the BP panic.
Old August 9th, 2011, 02:43 PM   #13 (permalink)

Device(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonny9797 View Post
I've had the green transitions thing too. It's a separate issue I believe. I am pretty sure I read somewhere else that green is the color used to clear the framebuffer, so that makes it seems like a graphics sync issue. My friend with the BP panic issue has had the green transitions as well, but I don't believe it ever coincided with the BP panic.

Thanks guys!!
Old August 10th, 2011, 10:10 PM   #14 (permalink)

Device(s):

Andddddd I just got a BP panic error on *my* phone. It was just as a call was ending. The only other thing I noticed was that my phone said no signal as it was happening, although I should have had full bars. I was also charging at the time.
Old August 12th, 2011, 09:40 PM   #15 (permalink)

Device(s):

Default Maybe related to charging?

Quote:
Andddddd I just got a BP panic error on *my* phone. It was just as a call was ending. The only other thing I noticed was that my phone said no signal as it was happening, although I should have had full bars. I was also charging at the time.
I think we're getting closer to the issue. I just had this happen on my D3, my phone was charging, I had the keyboard slid out, and was replying to a text as it was charging using Google Voice. Like Jonny, My phone was charging, but as I unplugged the charger from the wall (BUT NOT FROM THE PHONE), the signal went out and the error showed, then the phone rebooted.

I have noticed my signal disappearing other times, at the same time, my bluetooth disconnects, and the GPS stops working... But have not seen that error until tonight.

Hope this helps guys.
Old August 15th, 2011, 06:10 AM   #16 (permalink)

kelliott125

Quote:
Originally Posted by studentbridges View Post
I think we're getting closer to the issue. I just had this happen on my D3, my phone was charging, I had the keyboard slid out, and was replying to a text as it was charging using Google Voice. Like Jonny, My phone was charging, but as I unplugged the charger from the wall (BUT NOT FROM THE PHONE), the signal went out and the error showed, then the phone rebooted.

I have noticed my signal disappearing other times, at the same time, my bluetooth disconnects, and the GPS stops working... But have not seen that error until tonight.

Hope this helps guys.
I've had my signal drop several times. Once I was using Runkeeper to track a bike ride and all communications stopped working. They all came back on their own (with no error), but it's really annoying.
Old August 15th, 2011, 06:04 PM   #17 (permalink)

Device(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by ekyle View Post
I've had my signal drop several times. Once I was using Runkeeper to track a bike ride and all communications stopped working. They all came back on their own (with no error), but it's really annoying.
I have had the same issue several times as well - total communications loss without error. I usually end up rebooting. Very frustrating.
Old August 23rd, 2011, 11:32 AM   #18 (permalink)

Device(s):

I just received the same error as Beowulf7:
BP paniced
Into BP core dump mode
Trying to open USB

The phone flashed the error msg a few times then just shut off and rebooted. Appears to be fine now??
Old August 23rd, 2011, 11:55 AM   #19 (permalink)

kelliott125

Quote:
I have had the same issue several times as well - total communications loss without error. I usually end up rebooting. Very frustrating.
Honestly, I'm just starting to expect this kind of weird behavior from Android. They must not go through the same QC that iPhones do :/
Old August 23rd, 2011, 12:12 PM   #20 (permalink)

Device(s):

Quote:
Honestly, I'm just starting to expect this kind of weird behavior from Android. They must not go through the same QC that iPhones do :/
Don't blame Android. Blame the manufacturers. They're the ones that pair the hardware and load up the bloat.
sponsored links
Old August 24th, 2011, 01:43 AM   #21 (permalink)
Thread Author (OP)

I guess this type of odd behavior is normal for Android phones? That's not very comforting to hear. This is my first smartphone, so I'm relatively new to Android.
Old August 24th, 2011, 11:42 AM   #22 (permalink)

kelliott125

Quote:
Don't blame Android. Blame the manufacturers. They're the ones that pair the hardware and load up the bloat.
This is true. I wish VZW would get a Nexus device. I'm guessing Google said no to the VZW branded apps so they won't sell it. Just a guess.

Quote:
I guess this type of odd behavior is normal for Android phones? That's not very comforting to hear. This is my first smartphone, so I'm relatively new to Android.
It's not common, but some phones are quirky. Workarounds are typically simple and the problems that can't be fixed with workarounds are usually resolved the the OEMs with an update.

Android is my favorite mobile OS by far.
Old August 26th, 2011, 06:13 PM   #23 (permalink)
ROM Developer

Device(s): Moto X, OG Nexus 7

Quote:
Don't blame Android. Blame the carriers. They're the ones that load up the bloat.
Fixed.

Verizon Moto X | Rooted Stock 4.4
Nexus 7 | Stock 4.4.2
Old August 30th, 2011, 12:12 AM   #24 (permalink)
Thread Author (OP)

Quote:

It's not common, but some phones are quirky. Workarounds are typically simple and the problems that can't be fixed with workarounds are usually resolved the the OEMs with an update.

Android is my favorite mobile OS by far.
Yeah, the more complicated these phones get, the quirkier they will get. I guess it's like comparing an old car where only mechanical stuff can go wrong w/ a modern car, that has many electronics bugs.

My phone went weird on me again last Fri. evening. I was on the phone, using speaker, while driving. I finished driving, parked, and tried to turn the screen on, but it wouldn't turn on. The phone conversation was still going fine.

I ended my call (the other person hung up). My screen still wouldn't turn on. I could hear a very slight hiss/buzzing sound from the speaker. I held the power button for a while, but no response.

I then went in the glove box and took out the car charger and hooked it up to my phone and turned the car back on. About 30-60 sec. later, the phone booted up.

Wow, that was odd. In this particular case, GPS wasn't turned on, unlike the time before that I thought it was GPS-related. These little things make me a little nervous, but I guess that's the cost of having a powerful and feature-rich phone.
Old August 31st, 2011, 08:06 AM   #25 (permalink)

kelliott125

Quote:
Yeah, the more complicated these phones get, the quirkier they will get. I guess it's like comparing an old car where only mechanical stuff can go wrong w/ a modern car, that has many electronics bugs.

My phone went weird on me again last Fri. evening. I was on the phone, using speaker, while driving. I finished driving, parked, and tried to turn the screen on, but it wouldn't turn on. The phone conversation was still going fine.

I ended my call (the other person hung up). My screen still wouldn't turn on. I could hear a very slight hiss/buzzing sound from the speaker. I held the power button for a while, but no response.

I then went in the glove box and took out the car charger and hooked it up to my phone and turned the car back on. About 30-60 sec. later, the phone booted up.

Wow, that was odd. In this particular case, GPS wasn't turned on, unlike the time before that I thought it was GPS-related. These little things make me a little nervous, but I guess that's the cost of having a powerful and feature-rich phone.
There are only a few things about this phone that bother me. The signal quality seems to drop to 1X once in awhile, sometimes lose signal altogether (hasn't happened recently). My other phones didn't do that in my area. The blue tint with the camera flash. The GPS bug where it will occasionally not work and you need to turn off all location settings and turn them back on.

Still far better than my Thunderbolt though.
Old August 31st, 2011, 01:00 PM   #26 (permalink)
Thread Author (OP)

Quote:
There are only a few things about this phone that bother me. The signal quality seems to drop to 1X once in awhile, sometimes lose signal altogether (hasn't happened recently). My other phones didn't do that in my area. The blue tint with the camera flash. The GPS bug where it will occasionally not work and you need to turn off all location settings and turn them back on.

Still far better than my Thunderbolt though.
I've experienced a few of the bugs you mentioned. Also, it seems like if I'm taking a lot of pics (say, over 30 or 40), then the phone will reboot itself. The updated firmware couldn't come soon enough if it addresses these stability issues.
Old August 31st, 2011, 02:30 PM   #27 (permalink)

kelliott125

Quote:
I've experienced a few of the bugs you mentioned. Also, it seems like if I'm taking a lot of pics (say, over 30 or 40), then the phone will reboot itself. The updated firmware couldn't come soon enough if it addresses these stability issues.
Luckily, Moto is better than most at the updates
Old September 1st, 2011, 12:53 PM   #28 (permalink)
Thread Author (OP)

Quote:
Luckily, Moto is better than most at the updates
Fingers crossed!
Old September 2nd, 2011, 05:04 PM   #29 (permalink)
Thread Author (OP)

Now my ringtone alerts aren't working. That's odd. I haven't rebooted my phone since last weekend, so maybe that will fix it.
Old September 4th, 2011, 10:25 PM   #30 (permalink)

Device(s): HAD: iPhone4 OWN: Note 2

private

I will be getting my d3 on Wednesday but the 1x issue is the same on the Samsung Charge. I am beginning to think it's Verizon's towers OR all droids have bad antennas?
sponsored links
Old September 29th, 2011, 04:07 PM   #31 (permalink)

Device(s): Motorola Droid 3

Default D3 issues

Just a few minutes ago I was downloading an e-book using OverDrive and got this error message:

BP paniced
Into BP core dump mode
Failed to open usb

The usb port was not being used at the time. The phone shut down and I had to reboot. Nothing appears lost.

However, I have other issues with the D3. It reboots periodically with no indication of why. My ringtones work for about a day and then they stop. My alarm works sporadically. My bluetooth headset makes weird noises and I've had to stop using it because I never know when it will screech so loudly I think I'll lose my hearing. Not too happy with the D3 right now.
Old September 30th, 2011, 12:39 PM   #32 (permalink)
Thread Author (OP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by knelms View Post
Just a few minutes ago I was downloading an e-book using OverDrive and got this error message:

BP paniced
Into BP core dump mode
Failed to open usb

The usb port was not being used at the time. The phone shut down and I had to reboot. Nothing appears lost.

However, I have other issues with the D3. It reboots periodically with no indication of why. My ringtones work for about a day and then they stop. My alarm works sporadically. My bluetooth headset makes weird noises and I've had to stop using it because I never know when it will screech so loudly I think I'll lose my hearing. Not too happy with the D3 right now.
Have you updated your D3's firmware yet? It was made available 2-3 days ago. I wonder if anyone who has updated their firmware via OTA is still getting "BP paniced" errors.
Old October 10th, 2011, 02:22 PM   #33 (permalink)

Device(s):

Quote:
Have you updated your D3's firmware yet? It was made available 2-3 days ago. I wonder if anyone who has updated their firmware via OTA is still getting "BP paniced" errors.
I updated with the leak (purportedly identical to the official) and just got the BP error message. It's weird and a little worrisome, but seems harmless after a reboot.
Old October 10th, 2011, 09:46 PM   #34 (permalink)

Device(s): Motorola Droid 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwdink View Post
I updated with the leak (purportedly identical to the official) and just got the BP error message. It's weird and a little worrisome, but seems harmless after a reboot.
I updated and haven't had the BP error again.
Old October 18th, 2011, 05:26 PM   #35 (permalink)

Device(s):

Just had the same issue for the second time. My phone is up to date. I restart and it chills out. I've noticed that it only happens when the phone has been on for a few days. Anyone ever had this happen right after a reboot?
Old October 25th, 2011, 06:35 PM   #36 (permalink)
Thread Author (OP)

I have to say that since the OTA firmware update, the stability of my D3 is ... still the same. That is, in general, it tends to reboot itself every 7-10 days, like before the firmware update. However, last Sun., it was by far the worst. I went to a football game and had GPS on and took plenty of pics and vids. It rebooted on me 3 times when just doing something simple on the phone, like taking a pic, texting, or surfing the Web. It held that last screen for a few min., then rebooted itself and the phone was functioning normally.

The 4th time, I took a pic and the camera app died. I went back in camera mode, it showed the last pic, and then froze there. I waited for at least 10 min. or so, but it was still frozen. For the 1st time since I got my phone and inserted the case, I had to take the case out, open the battery compartment (PITA, but the credit card trick works well), take out the battery, then put everything back together and reboot the phone. Everything was fine after that, but very annoying that the power button doesn't work when the phone crashes.

BTW, I've never had the "BP paniced" error other than the 1 time when I started this thread.
Old October 25th, 2011, 06:45 PM   #37 (permalink)

Device(s): Droid3

Quote:
I have to say that since the OTA firmware update, the stability of my D3 is ... still the same. That is, in general, it tends to reboot itself every 7-10 days, like before the firmware update. However, last Sun., it was by far the worst. I went to a football game and had GPS on and took plenty of pics and vids. It rebooted on me 3 times when just doing something simple on the phone, like taking a pic, texting, or surfing the Web. It held that last screen for a few min., then rebooted itself and the phone was functioning normally.

The 4th time, I took a pic and the camera app died. I went back in camera mode, it showed the last pic, and then froze there. I waited for at least 10 min. or so, but it was still frozen. For the 1st time since I got my phone and inserted the case, I had to take the case out, open the battery compartment (PITA, but the credit card trick works well), take out the battery, then put everything back together and reboot the phone. Everything was fine after that, but very annoying that the power button doesn't work when the phone crashes.

BTW, I've never had the "BP paniced" error other than the 1 time when I started this thread.
This sound strange...
if your rooted, try SBFing back to clean stock (erases whole device)
if not, try a Factory Restore (erases whole device)

Else, Not sure...
Old October 25th, 2011, 06:49 PM   #38 (permalink)
Thread Author (OP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadChex View Post
This sound strange...
if your rooted, try SBFing back to clean stock (erases whole device)
if not, try a Factory Restore (erases whole device)

Else, Not sure...
Thanks. I'm not rooted and didn't root before the OTA FW update. I'd rather not do a factory restore since my phone is quite a bit customized. I'll just monitor it and live with it and hope that if/when Ice Cream Sandwich comes out or another OTA FW update will address the reliability issues. (And fix Swype's Spanish bug.)
Old October 29th, 2011, 07:37 PM   #39 (permalink)

Device(s):

I just had this bp paniced error myself, I was watching netflix while charging and had noted that the back of my phone was getting Very hot.

The upper 1/3 of the screen started flickering between the video and the error message then it restarted.

Could this be somehow related to overheating?

Another possible point of note is that having left my phone charger at work Friday I had to purchase a crappy one from radioshack which I was using at the time.
Old October 29th, 2011, 09:11 PM   #40 (permalink)

Device(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by C-Note View Post
I just had this bp paniced error myself, I was watching netflix while charging and had noted that the back of my phone was getting Very hot.

The upper 1/3 of the screen started flickering between the video and the error message then it restarted.

Could this be somehow related to overheating?

Another possible point of note is that having left my phone charger at work Friday I had to purchase a crappy one from radioshack which I was using at the time.

I don't suggest using anything after market and cheap on today's generation of smart phones.. Majority are made in china minus the check via a proper governing body that decides its quality I recently bought the droid 3 and use oem from head to toe
sponsored links
Old October 30th, 2011, 11:13 PM   #41 (permalink)

Device(s): Droid3

Given that the Android OS is linux based... does it kernel dump or write to a panic log?
Better yet, has anyone looked for said logs?

(Forgive me if this was covered already, im tired and dont remember all of this thread)
Old January 9th, 2012, 10:20 AM   #42 (permalink)

Device(s):

Angry BP dump

I had this happen to me on New years eve and my phone hasn't acted the same since. I am getting funny ringtone sounds and repeat text messages. It has also been freezing to the point where I have had to pull the battery out just to continue. Getting very frustrated with the phone and I have only had it since August. Can anyone help with this issue. I loved my original droid and never had any issues like this. Very dissatisfied at this point.
Old January 20th, 2012, 12:00 PM   #43 (permalink)

Device(s):

Im getting fed up with this phone too
Old February 2nd, 2012, 11:01 AM   #44 (permalink)

Device(s):

Default Replaced often

I had my Droid 3 for about 1/2 a year with only an occasional reboot once in a blue moon, when all of a sudden there was no data connectivity (calls worked). After trouble shooting for an hour with Verizon for an hour they decided to overnight me a (refurbished) replacement.
When it arrived it initially had no CDMA connectivity with the red circle and red line across the signal bars. It also rebooted often and unpredictably, saying "Droid" when it was supposedly on mute (making my wife throwing it out of the bedroom after the 3rd reboot, and leaving me without an alarm). After 2 days it also showed the BP paniced issue several times, so I called and asked for another replacement, which they sent.
I've had it for 2 weeks now without a problem, and today this second replacement BP paniced as well. Now *I* paniced and looked if this is a common problem and found this thread.
Of all of you who had this problem, how often does this happen? Should I get another replacement or am I better off living with it?
Old March 9th, 2012, 11:58 AM   #45 (permalink)

Device(s):

I have a co-worker that has a Droid 3 and has been dealing with this issue for about 3 weeks. It's been driving him crazy. Anyways he asked if I could troubleshoot it for him. I went into settings, then wireless & networks, from there went down to mobile networks and noticed his network mode setting was set to Global. I changed it to CDMA and set the system select setting to automatic. So far it has been 4 days and he hasn't encountered this issue yet *knocks on wood* Anyways maybe that might be part of the cause as to why BP paniced shows up. Not sure, but thought I would throw that suggestion out.
Old June 25th, 2012, 03:09 PM   #46 (permalink)

Device(s):

Default panic - usb dump

A year later...

I've been getting this error all day. -- Wont stop regardless how many times I reboot.

Tried: Factory reset from menu and Power+X, rooted, and read as many forums as I can.

Also I have no cell signal. Verizon says it's definitely my phone.

please help.

Droid 3
system version - 5.7.906.XT862.Verizon.en.US
Andr. Version - 2.3.4
Kernel - 2.6.35.7-g5fa4155
xrpk47@il93lnxdroid25#1
Build -5.5.1_84_D3G-66_M2-10
Last edited by giminar; June 25th, 2012 at 03:14 PM.
Old July 24th, 2012, 04:32 PM   #47 (permalink)

Device(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by giminar View Post
A year later...

I've been getting this error all day. -- Wont stop regardless how many times I reboot.

Tried: Factory reset from menu and Power+X, rooted, and read as many forums as I can.

please help.

Droid 3
Andr. Version - 2.3.4
xrpk47@il93lnxdroid25#1

Same thing happened to me today. Phone will connect to WiFi now [update: WiFi not working either], but no connection to mobile network. Anyone have an answer?
Last edited by noman902; July 24th, 2012 at 04:35 PM.
Old December 1st, 2012, 08:25 AM   #48 (permalink)

Device(s): VM Intercept 2.2 rooted stock

Had my D3 about a year, applied OTA about a month ago, just got this error this morning for the first time. Googled it and found this thread. I had been driving w/ phone charging and music playing over Bluetooth. Phone rebooted after a few second and all seems fine. Every few days I normally get a reboot when my phone is trying to hand off between 3G and GSM, and sometimes I get weird behaviour taking photos, but I usually attribute the radio issues to the fact that I've flashed the XT883's radio and modified the build.prop to operate on TMoUS. Sometimes I get weird connectivity loss issues, but I had always thought that was just because of my tweaks.
Old December 1st, 2012, 01:35 PM   #49 (permalink)

Device(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by giminar View Post
A year later...

please help.

Droid 3
Andr. Version - 2.3.4
xrpk47@il93lnxdroid25#1

This^ is exactly what is wrong with my phone! No signal and I get the error message no matter how many times I try to reboot it. My phone isn't rooted and I don't know a thing about "reflashing" like all these forums seem to recommend... Help?!
Old December 1st, 2012, 05:11 PM   #50 (permalink)

Device(s): Moto Droid Maxx (2013-), Moto Droid 3 (2011-2013), HTC Droid Eris (2009-2011)

Thanked 1,536 Times in 1,204 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by coema View Post
This^ is exactly what is wrong with my phone! No signal and I get the error message no matter how many times I try to reboot it. My phone isn't rooted and I don't know a thing about "reflashing" like all these forums seem to recommend... Help?!
Sorry, just guessing here, but what happens if you power off the phone, pull the SIM card, and try restarting without it?

And, did you try a factory reset yet?

Motorola DROID 3
Current Rating:
Rate this Phone:

Verizon Wireless will continue their fabled DROID line with the third-coming of their original Android Phone: the Motorola Droid. The Motorola DROID 3 will see some of the biggest changes to the series since its inception, with a dual-core processo... Read More

Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > Motorola Droid 3