Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > Motorola Droid 3

test: Reply

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old September 9th, 2011, 11:47 PM   #1 (permalink)
Thread Author (OP)

Device(s): Motorola Droid 3
Carrier: Not Provided

Default Apps to make fonts larger?

My mom cant read the font very well on her Droid 3, what apps can I download for the contacts list and text messaging for larger font?

I found some stuff where people recommended the 'GO' line of apps, but I wasnt able to see any font size settings for them when we dl'd it.

Any help appreciated, thank you!

Advertisements
sponsored links
Old September 10th, 2011, 12:45 AM   #2 (permalink)
AF Contributor

Device(s): Droid 3 (rooted/debloated), Kindle Fire (rooted, overclocked, FFF/CWM), Nexus 7, (rooted/CWM touch)
Carrier: Verizon, WiFi via DD-WRT

If you want to take a slightly different approach, you could consider rooting your phone and using any of the multitude of font changing apps for rooted users. They change fonts globally, eliminating the need to modify each app for font size. I haven't tried them personally, but you could inqure in the root forum and get some feedback. I know apps like "font changer (root)," in the market, gets amazing reviews. Neall
Old September 10th, 2011, 02:20 PM   #3 (permalink)

Device(s): Droid, Droid 3, Droid 2(moms)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ndoren View Post
If you want to take a slightly different approach, you could consider rooting your phone and using any of the multitude of font changing apps for rooted users. They change fonts globally, eliminating the need to modify each app for font size. I haven't tried them personally, but you could inqure in the root forum and get some feedback. I know apps like "font changer (root)," in the market, gets amazing reviews. Neall

This.

just root your mom's phone, but personally don't tell her what your doing because if she's as technologically challenged as my mom she'll freak out.
Old September 10th, 2011, 04:09 PM   #4 (permalink)
Thread Author (OP)

I dont want to root her phone just in case she takes it in to the tech support, since there is a corporate store that provides help in-store nearby. =T I will keep it in mind as a last resort though...
Old September 12th, 2011, 06:53 AM   #5 (permalink)

Device(s): iPad 2, iPhone 5, Droid Maxx, Moto x
Carrier: Verizon

Quote:
Originally Posted by bebbles View Post
My mom cant read the font very well on her Droid 3, what apps can I download for the contacts list and text messaging for larger font?

I found some stuff where people recommended the 'GO' line of apps, but I wasnt able to see any font size settings for them when we dl'd it.

Any help appreciated, thank you!
I am a 52 year-old mom and I can't read the fonts either. Download Handcent SMS and set that as her default texting app. You can adjust the font size of both the message list and the conversation bubbles. It works great. I may end up rooting my phone just to be able to make a global font size change, because I still can't read the font in contacts, or any of the menus. I HATE having to put on reading glasses just to use my phone.
Old September 12th, 2011, 12:14 PM   #6 (permalink)
Thread Author (OP)

Thank you!!

I didnt know you could adjust font size in Handcent! Will DL on her phone now! :P
Old November 7th, 2011, 06:34 PM   #7 (permalink)

Device(s):

Need larger font on my samsung galaxy s. I had downloaded app from market on 2.2 my local store updated to 2.3.4 and now I can't find the app anymore! whats the point of having a big screen when the letters are tiny?
Old November 7th, 2011, 07:31 PM   #8 (permalink)

Device(s): Droid3

Quote:
Originally Posted by needhelpinnc View Post
Need larger font on my samsung galaxy s. I had downloaded app from market on 2.2 my local store updated to 2.3.4 and now I can't find the app anymore! whats the point of having a big screen when the letters are tiny?

I'm afraid your in the DROID3 Section, to find help with your phone you'll be best off in the Samsung Galaxy S forums section.
Samsung Galaxy S - Android Forums

Motorola DROID 3
Current Rating:
Rate this Phone:

Verizon Wireless will continue their fabled DROID line with the third-coming of their original Android Phone: the Motorola Droid. The Motorola DROID 3 will see some of the biggest changes to the series since its inception, with a dual-core processo... Read More

Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > Motorola Droid 3