Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > Motorola Droid 3

New Forums: Nexus Player | Nexus 9
test: Reply

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old December 5th, 2011, 04:39 PM   #1 (permalink)
Thread Author (OP)

Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thumbs down Sync Droid 3 default contacts/calendar directly to Outlook?

Can anyone recommend an app that enables synchronizing the default contacts and calendar app on a Motorola Droid 3 phone directly with Outlook 2003? I've used CompanionLink (on the PC) with DejaOffice (on the Droid3) but it forces me to copy the DejaOffice contacts to the default contacts. Also Sync2 only works with Google contacts so I would need to do a separate copy operation as well.

Thank you for any and all help.

Advertisements
sponsored links
Old December 5th, 2011, 05:37 PM   #2 (permalink)

Device(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by nv1z View Post
Can anyone recommend an app that enables synchronizing the default contacts and calendar app on a Motorola Droid 3 phone directly with Outlook 2003? I've used CompanionLink (on the PC) with DejaOffice (on the Droid3) but it forces me to copy the DejaOffice contacts to the default contacts.
Are you simply looking for a more streamlined way to go about it, or is there a specific reason you don't want to go through DejaOffice? I'm only asking to see if I can help in that regard...

- David
Old December 5th, 2011, 05:50 PM   #3 (permalink)
Antidisestablishmentarian

Device(s): Motorola® DROID® BIONIC®
Carrier: VZW

Thanked 1,919 Times in 1,362 Posts
Send a message via ICQ to johnlgalt Send a message via MSN to johnlgalt Send a message via Yahoo to johnlgalt Send a message via Skype™ to johnlgalt johnlgalt@gmail.com

Thanks, David - Nice to see a dev respond!

Files for the Motorola® DROID® BIONIC®:
Motorola USB drivers v5.9.0 | Motorola RSD Lite v5.7
My DropBox Referral link
Old December 7th, 2011, 01:54 PM   #4 (permalink)
Thread Author (OP)

Device(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by companionlink View Post
Are you simply looking for a more streamlined way to go about it, or is there a specific reason you don't want to go through DejaOffice? I'm only asking to see if I can help in that regard...

- David
In my opinion it is an unnecessary step to have to copy my DejaContacts to Google contacts but I am required to for certain functionality. This is a major negative in my opinion and not worth the multitudes of apps available in the android market only to have this one piece of functionality I got used to with the Blackberry platform not be available to me. So between that, and the price of $49.95, it is not worth staying with CompanionLink. If I could get two copies (one for me and one for my wife) for, say, $35, plus the promise that you are working on a direct sync, then maybe we can stay with android.

Sorry.
Old December 7th, 2011, 02:00 PM   #5 (permalink)
Thread Author (OP)

Device(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnlgalt View Post
Thanks, David - Nice to see a dev respond!
Atlas is shrugging.
Old December 7th, 2011, 02:21 PM   #6 (permalink)

Device(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by nv1z View Post
In my opinion it is an unnecessary step to have to copy my DejaContacts to Google contacts but I am required to for certain functionality.
We built DejaOffice because Android's native contact app varies from manufacturer to manufacturer, and none of the built-in variations can handle all the data types Outlook (or other CRM apps) can. As such, syncing directly to the native contacts and calendar databases would result in incomplete records on your Android.

We offer the ability to sync with the native databases from DejaOffice so that you may take advantage of features like Caller ID. DejaOffice, however, is where the bulk of your data lives in this case. I should also mention that our sync with the native database occurs automatically when you sync DejaOffice with your PC. So, while it is technically an extra step, it doesn't require additional actions on your part once set up.

All that said, I respect your choice if you find our app does not do what you're looking to accomplish. I don't know of any other option off the top of my head that would, but http://syncdroid.net is a good place to check if you're interested. They have a good list of what's out there.

If you do have any other questions about CompanionLink or DejaOffice, I'm happy to help. If not, I hope you find a solution that meets your needs!

- David

Motorola DROID 3
Current Rating:
Rate this Phone:

Verizon Wireless will continue their fabled DROID line with the third-coming of their original Android Phone: the Motorola Droid. The Motorola DROID 3 will see some of the biggest changes to the series since its inception, with a dual-core processo... Read More

Tags
sync synchronize outlook default contact calendar

Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > Motorola Droid 3