Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > Motorola Droid 3

test: Reply

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old December 14th, 2011, 07:27 AM   #1 (permalink)
Thread Author (OP)

Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Sad Email stopped working

I've been using K9 to connect to my IMAP email account and everything was working fine for the past month. Woke up yesterday and noticed it was no longer downloading new email and would just time out trying to connect. Tried removing and reinstalling the account - no luck, can't connect with the usual settings. Also tried creating the account with the default Android email and MailDroid and they also won't work. My provider swears that everything is working on their end and that I'm using the right settings.

Anyone experiencing something similar or any ideas what the problem might be? Thanks in advance!

Advertisements
sponsored links
Old December 14th, 2011, 10:08 AM   #2 (permalink)

Device(s): Moto Droid Maxx (2013-), Moto Droid 3 (2011-2013), HTC Droid Eris (2009-2011) Also, an iPad 3rd gen.
Carrier: Verizon

Thanked 1,591 Times in 1,238 Posts

Just to troubleshoot this, what happens if you set up that IMAP account on your PC in a mail client that you do not normally use, such as Thunderbird? Does it work there?
Old December 14th, 2011, 12:14 PM   #3 (permalink)
Thread Author (OP)

Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Yes, access works fine via both Webmail or Thunderbird on my PC, so I tend to think it's something on the Droid side rather than my provider. I got it working for a couple of hours this morning, using the same settings as before, but now it stopped downloading new messages again and the server settings aren't recognized if I try to reenter them in either K9 or MailDroid.
Old December 14th, 2011, 01:34 PM   #4 (permalink)

Device(s): Droid X, Droid 3, Moto X
Carrier: Verizon

May sound silly, but is the box set to sync over wifi only? Did you check all the delivery settings? Can you send email from the account?

In App Manager, did you try to force stop Email.apk and clear all cache and data?
Last edited by jaycbrf4; December 14th, 2011 at 01:37 PM.

Motorola DROID 3
Current Rating:
Rate this Phone:

Verizon Wireless will continue their fabled DROID line with the third-coming of their original Android Phone: the Motorola Droid. The Motorola DROID 3 will see some of the biggest changes to the series since its inception, with a dual-core processo... Read More

Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > Motorola Droid 3